Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Oh, sure....blame me for the battery of requests you get here everything, why don't you... ;)

[/QUOTE]

He says as he makes even more requests ;)

So for those who play these Paradox games, how are they? They look pretty hardcore? I'm not very good at any sort of strategy games having never won even a round of Age of Empires, would there be any appeal for me there? Or would I just be pulling out my hair trying to figure out why I've been outcast by the other Crusader Kings or blown to bits in the cosmos?

My instinct says these games aren't for me, but it's such an insane deal I feel I should do my due diligence.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']

So for those who play these Paradox games, how are they? They look pretty hardcore? I'm not very good at any sort of strategy games having never won even a round of Age of Empires, would there be any appeal for me there? Or would I just be pulling out my hair trying to figure out why I've been outcast by the other Crusader Kings or blown to bits in the cosmos?

My instinct says these games aren't for me, but it's such an insane deal I feel I should do my due diligence.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's been a while since I've played a strategy game, but I am so tempted due to the great deal. Crusader Kings II sounds like it would be fun, but I worry about the time sink getting to that point especially with Diablo III currently taking all of my gaming time. Add to this the great deal I got from Best Buy on Starcraft II and I wonder if I will even get to CK II.

FYI I just got off the phone with Paradox.

We're going to extend this sale through the end of the week (6/2) since it is doing so well.

More importantly though. Everyone who purchased the Plentiful Paradox Package, and everyone who chooses to purchase it this week, will get 2 $23 promotional credits, 1 for

Europa Universalis Chronicles

and 1 for

The Hearts of Iron III Collection

That will make both of these games $6 each for those of you looking to round out your Paradox Grand Strategy collection.

Just a note that we won't start giving out the credits until tomorrow likely. There are a couple of people that I need to click a button here and there to turn the promotion on...and I think they are eating burgers right now...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']He says as he makes even more requests ;)

My instinct says these games aren't for me, but it's such an insane deal I feel I should do my due diligence.[/QUOTE]
Depends on how patient you are. Crusader Kings 2 has a pretty steep learning curve.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I just got off the phone with Paradox.

We're going to extend this sale through the end of the week (6/2) since it is doing so well.

More importantly though. Everyone who purchased the Plentiful Paradox Package, and everyone who chooses to purchase it this week, will get 2 $23 promotional credits, 1 for

and 1 for

That will make both of these games $6 each for those of you looking to round out your Paradox Grand Strategy collection.

Just a note that we won't start giving out the credits until tomorrow likely. There are a couple of people that I need to click a button here and there to turn the promotion on...and I think they are eating burgers right now...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You are definitely making it more difficult to turn this deal down :).

and 1 for

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

This is awesome. So I was looking up both games, deciding which game to get with the credit, and I found this on wikipedia when I was looking up Europa.

A popular feature of Europa Universalis 3 is the ability to import save files from Crusader Kings II using fan-made converters. Saves can be exported to Victoria II by the same way, and the to Hearts of Iron III, allowing a game to span over nine centuries from the Crusader Kings start date (1066) to the end of World War II.

Wow, this sounds awesome!

I ordered the EA racing pack and still am unable to get Need for Speed Hot Pursuit to activate. I contacted Amazon and haven't heard back. I contacted EA and they said my activation code should work, but it still gives me a message that my serial number is invalid.

The other three games in the pack worked fine, as did Mirror's Edge. Still waiting to hear back from EA on my second e-mail.

The Need for Speed problem is impacting multiple people. Amazon has made Need for Speed unavailable because of this issue, though the Racing Pack remains available.

[quote name='supergrass']I ordered the EA racing pack and still am unable to get Need for Speed Hot Pursuit to activate. I contacted Amazon and haven't heard back. I contacted EA and they said my activation code should work, but it still gives me a message that my serial number is invalid.

The other three games in the pack worked fine, as did Mirror's Edge. Still waiting to hear back from EA on my second e-mail.

The Need for Speed problem is impacting multiple people. Amazon has made Need for Speed unavailable because of this issue, though the Racing Pack remains available.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the note. We're working on getting this up and running, sorry for the delay :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Is Sword of the Stars II patched enough to be worth playing? I'd love to get the Paradox Pack, but I already have Crusader Kings II and am not really interested in the stuff that seems to activate on Steam. Unless the whole pack activates on Steam, but clicking the individual products, it seems just Magicka, Crusader Kings II and Sword of the Stars II?

Also wondering if I should get the Civ V GotY for all the DLC? I already have Civ V but no DLC at all. Maybe it would be better just to get the worthwhile DLC, but I have no idea which those would be.

The Saints Row sale was just at the right time for me. Grabbed it, and it sure is a dorky game, but I'm having a blast with it. Hurray Amazon! I should have gotten Sonic when I had the chance, too. Alas. Really great deals though.

and 1 for

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Now nothing will stop me buying this

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Is Sword of the Stars II patched enough to be worth playing? I'd love to get the Paradox Pack, but I already have Crusader Kings II and am not really interested in the stuff that seems to activate on Steam. Unless the whole pack activates on Steam, but clicking the individual products, it seems just Magicka, Crusader Kings II and Sword of the Stars II?

Also wondering if I should get the Civ V GotY for all the DLC? I already have Civ V but no DLC at all. Maybe it would be better just to get the worthwhile DLC, but I have no idea which those would be.

The Saints Row sale was just at the right time for me. Grabbed it, and it sure is a dorky game, but I'm having a blast with it. Hurray Amazon! I should have gotten Sonic when I had the chance, too. Alas. Really great deals though.[/QUOTE]

SWOTS 1 is very, very good. Not Steam, but the overlay works fine. Your extra CKII key could be sold or traded away to offset the cost.

Civ5 has a new expansion next month, so I would hold if u have the base game.

Pass on SR3 DLC, it is all crap, and overpriced crap.

and 1 for

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome, you go above and beyond Tony. It was a spectacular deal to begin with, this is just awesome. $25 for 7 games is fantastic. Does bring a question up for me out of curiousity. How would someone who didn't follow this forum be notified of the change in the promotion that already bought the Plentiful Pack? Is an email being sent out? Or can we consider this a CAG special? :) Outstanding work either way. Thank You.

Oh, and thanks to everyone in this forum who helped me (either via post or PM) to get the DLC working with Mirror's Edge. Thanks for checking into it Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Tony! I just saw on Gamestop's DD Memorial Day sale that World in Conflict was on sale for $5. Any chance that you guys can PM that on Amazon?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Awesome, you go above and beyond Tony. It was a spectacular deal to begin with, this is just awesome. $25 for 7 games is fantastic. Does bring a question up for me out of curiousity. How would someone who didn't follow this forum be notified of the change in the promotion that already bought the Plentiful Pack? Is an email being sent out? Or can we consider this a CAG special? :) Outstanding work either way. Thank You.

Oh, and thanks to everyone in this forum who helped me (either via post or PM) to get the DLC working with Mirror's Edge. Thanks for checking into it Tony.[/QUOTE]

Glad you guys are pumped about the deal. Basically everyone who purchased today and yesterday (and tomorrow morning) will get 2 emails in the next couple of days that say:

"Thanks for your purchase of the Plentiful Paradox Package. This purchase entitles you to $23 promotional credit towards . To use this credit visit , click "buy and download" and your credit will be automatically applied."

Since this deal has gone from awesome to FREAKING awesome, we're also putting ALOT more marketing support behind it so more people know whats up.

Cheers,
Tony

This thread has convinced me to give up the majority of my games on consoles in order to buy a more powerful PC to get in on these deals.

Until then, I'll enjoy my copy of Mafia 1 :(

[quote name='equalsP']This is awesome. So I was looking up both games, deciding which game to get with the credit, and I found this on wikipedia when I was looking up Europa.

Wow, this sounds awesome![/QUOTE]

FYI you'll get 2 credits, one for each game...so you could get both for $12 or so :).

[quote name='kyrhon']Hey, Tony! I just saw on Gamestop's DD Memorial Day sale that World in Conflict was on sale for $5. Any chance that you guys can PM that on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Negative, part of the continued price matching test program.

[quote name='Scorch']This thread has convinced me to give up the majority of my games on consoles in order to buy a more powerful PC to get in on these deals.

Until then, I'll enjoy my copy of Mafia 1 :([/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club :).

Cheers,
Tony

Ah Europa Universalis...I'm still waiting to hear from Impulse how I'm supposed to install my Sprite packs.

Memorial day weekend or slow customer service? *Shrug*

Anyways. *Points at Scarface* Count me in for Hearts of Iron.

[quote name='fezlopez']I am ready to buy Hot Pursuit but it's not letting me =([/QUOTE]

There were some problems with the keys, people couldn't activate them in the game.

[quote name='Cao Cao']There were some problems with the keys, people couldn't activate them in the game.[/QUOTE]

I hope the sales page gets fixed before the sale ends. Really want this game.

I ordered an Alienware x51 . Couldnt resist these deals. Bought a 360 controller with wireless dongle. Bought ea racing pack, metro 2033, bioshock 1 and 2, and square enix ultimate collection.

I should have plenty of games to play this summer!

I'll probably get the Paradox pack for CK2, but if anyone is interested in any of the below, please PM me as I already have some of these other games or won't play it anytime soon with my backlog.

Magicka Collection (Steam)
Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC (Steam)
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter (Steam)
Swords of the Star - Complete Collection (Activation code)
Victoria II (Not sure if there is an activation code)

[quote name='supergrass']I ordered the EA racing pack and still am unable to get Need for Speed Hot Pursuit to activate. I contacted Amazon and haven't heard back. I contacted EA and they said my activation code should work, but it still gives me a message that my serial number is invalid.

The Need for Speed problem is impacting multiple people. Amazon has made Need for Speed unavailable because of this issue, though the Racing Pack remains available.[/QUOTE]

It's a known issue with the keys EA recently provided to Amazon. You'll have to wait for Amazon to fix it. They'll probably give you a new working key whenever it's fixed, like they did with Dead Space 2.

Note: I don't think this issue has anything to do with the activation servers, as I can reactivate/deactivate my old Hot Pursuit amazon key all I want and it works fine. It's probably the keys themselves causing it, although I could be wrong.

[quote name='agentofdoom']Alright I just bought the paradox pack, along with the two extra games! So does anyone have any advice on which one to start first? :)[/QUOTE]

Well apparently you can play from Medieval times to WW2, so if you want to do that, I'd start with Crusader Kings 2. I still need to find this mod / tool up that lets you do that.

That Paradox Pack seems like a really good deal actually, best price I've seen on them yet.

Does anyone know how Sword of the Stars 2 is now? I remember hearing that it was basically a wreck when it was released a little over half a year ago, but has it been patched up to a reasonable level yet?

[quote name='Edge']That Paradox Pack seems like a really good deal actually, best price I've seen on them yet.

Does anyone know how Sword of the Stars 2 is now? I remember hearing that it was basically a wreck when it was released a little over half a year ago, but has it been patched up to a reasonable level yet?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well.

and 1 for

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Is the Amazon version of EU:Chronicles redeemable on Steam?

I want to give the paradox pack to someone for a birthday present in late June. If I buy now and download, I can just download the games and give it with the keys on a disk and everything should work? Or what's the best way to do this?

[quote name='techtonic']I want to give the paradox pack to someone for a birthday present in late June. If I buy now and download, I can just download the games and give it with the keys on a disk and everything should work? Or what's the best way to do this?[/QUOTE]

For the Steam games, just tell them to open a steam account, then give them the keys. For the remaining games, yeah, you could potentially burn them to dvd along with a txt file with the key in it. Or put them on a flash drive, or any number of other ways.

[quote name='travathian']For the Steam games, just tell them to open a steam account, then give them the keys. For the remaining games, yeah, you could potentially burn them to dvd along with a txt file with the key in it. Or put them on a flash drive, or any number of other ways.[/QUOTE]
Excellent, thanks. I might buy a couple since this is such a good deal. Hopefully Amazon's page is good at keeping track of which key is on which purchase.

[quote name='CuE-TiP']Never played Civ 5 but I liked Civ 4. Should I buy? If so, is the GOTY worth the extra $5?[/QUOTE]

FYI you have about 3.5 hours to decide.

I love Civ V personally, but know a lot of people who loved Civ IV didn't love it.

Cheers,
Tony

For anyone like me who waited until the last minute, I just tried to pick up Civ V but it is now showing as "Currently unavailable". (Civ V GOTY version still shows available though)

[quote name='coinman07']For anyone like me who waited until the last minute, I just tried to pick up Civ V but it is now showing as "Currently unavailable". (Civ V GOTY version still shows available though)[/QUOTE]

Look at that...of all the games i thought we'd run out of keys on...that one was the last.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='sunghost']It's a known issue with the keys EA recently provided to Amazon. You'll have to wait for Amazon to fix it. They'll probably give you a new working key whenever it's fixed, like they did with Dead Space 2.

Note: I don't think this issue has anything to do with the activation servers, as I can reactivate/deactivate my old Hot Pursuit amazon key all I want and it works fine. It's probably the keys themselves causing it, although I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

EA ended up giving me a different activation code tonight that worked.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI for those interested in a good Game of Thrones mod for CKII, Kotaku has a nice write up.

http://kotaku.com/5913709/there-is-an-awesome-game-of-thrones-video-game-you-can-play-it-right-now

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I read about this last week and it made me even more excited to play the game. I have been dying to play it ever since I listened to the GWJ podcast talking about it.

Worth a listen to anyone considering it. Also an all around great podcast.

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/111579
It looks like you can fast forward to 00.27.46 to skip to the CK2 section.

Also T-money, are any of the bonus paradox games steam coded or are they both some other drm?

wish Crusader Kings II wasn't going up in price at midnight, I'm on the fence about the game and I have ~$10 left in Amazon credit

I kinda wanna see what the gold box event is going to be first

[quote name='buckythekat']wish Crusader Kings II wasn't going up in price at midnight, I'm on the fence about the game and I have ~$10 left in Amazon credit

I kinda wanna see what the gold box event is going to be first[/QUOTE]

I think Tony said the sale was extended until 6/2, so you have time.

[quote name='pROvIs']I think Tony said the sale was extended until 6/2, so you have time.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the part of Crusader Kings II going up $5 has changed unless I'm mistaken (it's still in the OP)

and 1 for

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The terminology from his post "this week" etc makes me think the paradox package is being extended but Tony can clarify I'm sure.

[quote name='amazon dvg deals']fyi i just got off the phone with paradox.

More importantly though. Everyone who purchased the plentiful paradox package, and everyone who chooses to purchase it this week, will get 2 $23 promotional credits, 1 for

europa universalis chronicles

and 1 for

the hearts of iron iii collection

that will make both of these games $6 each for those of you looking to round out your paradox grand strategy collection.

Just a note that we won't start giving out the credits until tomorrow likely. There are a couple of people that i need to click a button here and there to turn the promotion on...and i think they are eating burgers right now...

Cheers,
tony[/quote]

rif

[quote name='pROvIs']The terminology from his post "this week" etc makes me think the paradox package is being extended but Tony can clarify I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he specifically says they are extending it until 6/2.

[quote name='Larce80']hmm I clicked Metro 2033 and see its at $19.99[/QUOTE]

The list on the first page shows Metro 2033 ran at $4.99 through last night (May 28)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back