Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hal']You can't download a Steam-required game from Amazon. They give you a code and you input it into Steam, which then downloads.[/QUOTE]

I got the code and also I downloaded some data from Amazon. The files looks like the files on a disk if you had a retail copy of Sword of the Stars 2. It even has an autorun file thingy.

[quote name='ajh158']Regarding the Plentiful Paradox Package, anyone know how to activate the DLC that comes with the Magicka Collection? According to the product page, the following is included:

Magicka Vietnam
Magicka Wizard Survival Kit
Magicka Caverns and Marshlands
Magicka Nippon
Magicka Final Frontier
Magicka Frozen Lake
Magicka Watch Tower
Magicka Robe Bundle

However, after activating the key in Steam, only the base game is available - none of the listed DLC seems to be unlocked. Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

Right-click and then choose "view downloaded content" and then the dlc tab. They should show up.

[quote name='donkeymania']I got the code and also I downloaded some data from Amazon. The files looks like the files on a disk if you had a retail copy of Sword of the Stars 2. It even has an autorun file thingy.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it is SotS II and not SotS I or some other game? AFAIK all versions of SotS II require Steam. I'm not even sure there is a retail version of this game but even if there is for Steamworks games you still have to enter your code in the box in Steak and go through the Steam client.

[quote name='hal']You can't download a Steam-required game from Amazon. They give you a code and you input it into Steam, which then downloads.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it happens. A while back I downloaded Borderlands GoTY and when it was "done" it brought me to the Steam sign in. I was not pleased because at the time it was not listed as being a Steam game. More annoying was when I bought Red Alert 3 from them and it was not stated that it uses Securom :hot:

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Yes, it happens. A while back I downloaded Borderlands GoTY and when it was "done" it brought me to the Steam sign in. I was not pleased because at the time it was not listed as being a Steam game. More annoying was when I bought Red Alert 3 from them and it was not stated that it uses Securom :hot:[/QUOTE]

Okay, that sounds a bit like what happens when you buy some retail boxed games that require Steam. If you insert the disc and run, it sets up a directory and then prompts you to go to Steam for the actual game files. In any case it requires Steam for the vast majority of the setup and files and, of course, to actually run. Naturally, if you happen to know it uses Steam the best way is to simply take the provided key and activate it on Steam, letting it handle the rest.

Asking just to make sure is the Magicka Collection page fully up to date? I know the collection on other sites is more updated so before deciding to redeem or not would like to make sure the listing is current.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Yes, it happens. A while back I downloaded Borderlands GoTY and when it was "done" it brought me to the Steam sign in. I was not pleased because at the time it was not listed as being a Steam game. More annoying was when I bought Red Alert 3 from them and it was not stated that it uses Securom :hot:[/QUOTE]

I'm just waking up and might be missing some of this story, but this more has to do with gearbox adding steam works as a patch later in the games life and amazon not updating their page.

[quote name='SCMoney360']I'm just waking up and might be missing some of this story, but this more has to do with gearbox adding steam works as a patch later in the games life and amazon not updating their page.[/QUOTE]

I wish Gearbox would remove the extra Securom DRM from Zombie Island DLC and Mad Moxxxi DLC for Borderlands GOTY Steam version.
Steam's already DRM enough - we don't need anything on top of it!

SIDE NOTE:
Though, once you DL that Borderlands game through Steam, you can actually boot Borderland Steam version w/out running Steam.
While Steam's closed, just boot the EXE from the game folder or [better yet] make a shortcut of the game's EXE from the Steam folder.
Same games you buy directly from Steam can be run like that - i.e. many of the G4WL games.
Always good to keep that in mind, in case you have trouble booting Steam up or if Steam goes the way of the dodo [it's doubtful that Steam would go away anytime soon.]

[quote name='ajh158']Regarding the Plentiful Paradox Package, anyone know how to activate the DLC that comes with the Magicka Collection? According to the product page, the following is included:

Magicka Vietnam
Magicka Wizard Survival Kit
Magicka Caverns and Marshlands
Magicka Nippon
Magicka Final Frontier
Magicka Frozen Lake
Magicka Watch Tower
Magicka Robe Bundle

However, after activating the key in Steam, only the base game is available - none of the listed DLC seems to be unlocked. Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

I may be wrong, but: I believe since this is a Magicka collection, you should already have the required DLC w/ the game. It doesn't come with extra keys for each piece of DLC.

I haven't extensively tested it out, but I installed this on a separate Steam account last night and it automatically pulled up all of the different available suits that come with each of those dlc packs, so I would assume it added everything else as well. The only content that is not in the Magicka collection is the newest DLC which is why you're given a separate key for that addon.

I'm thinking about picking up MLB12K. What are the thoughts on the series?

I haven't played a good baseball game since the MVP series disappeared back in 2006 and I haven't played a PC baseball game since I owned MVP 2003. I could never get into any other MLB series for on reason or another. The controls for batting and pitching felt a bit easier right from the start whereas both MLB and The Show always seemed to take a bit more effort.

Although I've been hoping for any baseball game so I might jump on this deal regardless.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']I'm thinking about picking up MLB12K. What are the thoughts on the series?

I haven't played a good baseball game since the MVP series disappeared back in 2006 and I haven't played a PC baseball game since I owned MVP 2003. I could never get into any other MLB series for on reason or another. The controls for batting and pitching felt a bit easier right from the start whereas both MLB and The Show always seemed to take a bit more effort.

Although I've been hoping for any baseball game so I might jump on this deal regardless.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played MLB since 2k7, but I have never heard it was that great, but its the probably the best MLB game you can get for PC.

Questions What is the difference between the steam edition and non steam?

How was crysis? Is that a good price? I have been debating this or xbox?

How is nba 2k12 pc version any benefit to getting it if you have the console versions?

[quote name='gepet0']Questions What is the difference between the steam edition and non steam?

How was crysis? Is that a good price? I have been debating this or xbox?

How is nba 2k12 pc version any benefit to getting it if you have the console versions?[/QUOTE]
Steam edition uses/requires Steam. Nonsteam doesn't.

[quote name='donkeymania']Right-click and then choose "view downloaded content" and then the dlc tab. They should show up.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :whee:

[quote name='Corpekata']Asking just to make sure is the Magicka Collection page fully up to date? I know the collection on other sites is more updated so before deciding to redeem or not would like to make sure the listing is current.[/QUOTE]

It appears that the Magicka Collection page is NOT up to date. Here are screenshots of the DLC (thanks Donkeymania for telling me how to find this!) that is listed after installing via the key that comes with the Plentiful Paradox bundle (note that "The stars are left" is listed - I installed that via the other key that comes with the bundle):

magickadlc2.png
magickadlc1.png

The above seems to line up with the Steam Magicka Collection page - you might want to take a look at that. I'm still not sure how to access some of the DLC (for example, Magicka: Vietnam is supposed to include new content beyond cosmetics, but it doesn't seem to be available from the menu, whereas "The Stars Are Left" (which I installed via the separate key) is a menu item), but I guess it is installed...

[quote name='bizarrorollins']I may be wrong, but: I believe since this is a Magicka collection, you should already have the required DLC w/ the game. It doesn't come with extra keys for each piece of DLC.

I haven't extensively tested it out, but I installed this on a separate Steam account last night and it automatically pulled up all of the different available suits that come with each of those dlc packs, so I would assume it added everything else as well. The only content that is not in the Magicka collection is the newest DLC which is why you're given a separate key for that addon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking this out! I didn't know how to check installed DLC until Donkeymania pointed it out to me. I thought I was missing keys because when I start the game, "The Stars Are Left" (the only DLC I had a separate key for) is listed in the menu whereas none of the other DLC is listed, which is what originally made me think something was not right. I'm still not sure how to access the other DLC in the game, but it does indeed seem to be installed.

[quote name='ajh158']It appears that the Magicka Collection page is NOT up to date. Here are screenshots of the DLC (thanks Donkeymania for telling me how to find this!) that is listed after installing via the key that comes with the Plentiful Paradox bundle (note that "The stars are left" is listed - I installed that via the other key that comes with the bundle):

magickadlc2.png
magickadlc1.png

The above seems to line up with the Steam Magicka Collection page - you might want to take a look at that. I'm still not sure how to access some of the DLC (for example, Magicka: Vietnam is supposed to include new content beyond cosmetics, but it doesn't seem to be available from the menu, whereas "The Stars Are Left" (which I installed via the separate key) is a menu item), but I guess it is installed...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

You access Vietnam via the challenges menu. Couple of the other DLCs are there too, oouple others are PVP maps. The robes you get to choose when loading up a game.

[quote name='ajh158']It appears that the Magicka Collection page is NOT up to date. Here are screenshots of the DLC (thanks Donkeymania for telling me how to find this!) that is listed after installing via the key that comes with the Plentiful Paradox bundle (note that "The stars are left" is listed - I installed that via the other key that comes with the bundle):

The above seems to line up with the Steam Magicka Collection page - you might want to take a look at that. I'm still not sure how to access some of the DLC (for example, Magicka: Vietnam is supposed to include new content beyond cosmetics, but it doesn't seem to be available from the menu, whereas "The Stars Are Left" (which I installed via the separate key) is a menu item), but I guess it is installed...[/QUOTE]

The only DLC that adds any type of continued adventure is "The Stars are Left". The rest of the DLC will add new suits and/or new challenge levels and dueling arenas. They weren't ever very extensive addons which was why those were always

I loved Crysis on 360, is the maximum edition better on PC? Mine will be able to handle it, it runs Skyrim on ultra high and Battlefield 3 on high.

[quote name='plus1zero']I loved Crysis on 360, is the maximum edition better on PC? Mine will be able to handle it, it runs Skyrim on ultra high and Battlefield 3 on high.[/QUOTE]

There was a level cut from the console version. Gameplay is a bit different in that the suit in the console version acts more like it does in Crysis 2. Enemy AI is a bit off, in some ways good and in some ways bad. Console uses a checkpoint system, PC you can save whenever.

Maximum edition contains the expansion Crysis Warhead as well, which I don't believe is coming to consoles at all. The single player is not nearly as lauded as the base game (and it's kind of short) but it is still pretty good.

[quote name='Corpekata']There was a level cut from the console version. Gameplay is a bit different in that the suit in the console version acts more like it does in Crysis 2. Enemy AI is a bit off, in some ways good and in some ways bad. Console uses a checkpoint system, PC you can save whenever.

Maximum edition contains the expansion Crysis Warhead as well, which I don't believe is coming to consoles at all. The single player is not nearly as lauded as the base game (and it's kind of short) but it is still pretty good.[/QUOTE]

You can't activate on steam? DRM causes concern...I'd rather wait till the summer sale.

[quote name='plus1zero']You can't activate on steam? DRM causes concern...I'd rather wait till the summer sale.[/QUOTE]
Crysis has the same limited-activations SecuROM DRM anywhere you buy it, including from Steam. Which makes Amazon the best place to buy it: Amazon support will give you a new key if you run out of activations. I don't believe Steam does the same (though please correct me if I'm wrong, it would be a minor load off my mind).

[quote name='bobphone']I can't believe this many people didn't have Crysis.[/QUOTE]

When crysis came out you needed a super high pc to run it. I didn't have a super video card at the time so I passed I have been on the fence for the 360 version but at 20 bucks I thought it was too much for a old game.

I am hoping this (maximium edition)is the original plus some expansions maybe.

[quote name='MyPaper']How's the online for NBA/MLB 2K12? I heard it was worse than the console version...[/QUOTE]

NBA 2K online play is awful just like it is every year.

That said, single-player is the-lick like two broads. :cool:

[quote name='movac']Crysis has the same limited-activations SecuROM DRM anywhere you buy it, including from Steam. Which makes Amazon the best place to buy it: Amazon support will give you a new key if you run out of activations. I don't believe Steam does the same (though please correct me if I'm wrong, it would be a minor load off my mind).[/QUOTE]

I haven't used it myself, but EA has this option available on their website. I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread:

http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/

Certain EA PC games with SecuROM and/or Solidshield digital rights management technology allow users to concurrently "authorize" up to a certain number of computers at the same time to play the games. Users can then play the game on any authorized computer they choose. If your EA PC game was released after May 2008 and has a machine authorization limit, you can manage your computer authorizations using EA De-Authorization Tools!

Once de-authorized, a machine "slot" will be freed up and can be re-used on another computer. De-authorization does not uninstall the game, however, so if you decide you want to re-authorize your computer later, all you have to do is re-launch the game while you are connected to the Internet.

Seems a little bit easier than having to contact support to get a new license.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']I haven't used it myself, but EA has this option available on their website. I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread:

http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/

Seems a little bit easier than having to contact support to get a new license.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't work for Crysis 1. Only way that I know of is to contact EA's support to get more activations, or contact Amazon to get a new key.

[quote name='plus1zero']I loved Crysis on 360, is the maximum edition better on PC? Mine will be able to handle it, it runs Skyrim on ultra high and Battlefield 3 on high.[/QUOTE]
The PC version has drastically more foliage. Crysis without trees and grass and shrubs isn't Crysis.
Then again, I didn't get very far in neither Far Cry nor Crysis due to the rather bothersome AI.

It will be able to run it, but not very well, skyrim on ultra high isn't very good and i'm assuming you're not using the texture pack. Battlefield 3 on high is ok.

Also NBA 2K12 for the PC's multiplayer might suck, but it makes up for it by the modding community, man it looks so nice.

I ordered the Plentiful Paradox Package and got a $23 promo credit for both "Europa Universalis III Chronicles" and "Hearts of Iron III Collection".

Any thoughts on these? Both good deals with the credits? Anyone? Bueller?

[quote name='zubalove']I ordered the Plentiful Paradox Package and got a $23 promo credit for both "Europa Universalis III Chronicles" and "Hearts of Iron III Collection".

Any thoughts on these? Both good deals with the credits? Anyone? Bueller?[/QUOTE]

The pack contains Crusader Kings 2 and Victoria 2, which are similar games. Give them a spin and see if it feels like you'd want more but with different times in history.

Personally given CK2 is probably the best game of the genre Paradox has published (and also the most accessible) I'd say only consider the other games if you're a huge history buff and love the eras involved.

[quote name='NatTheWu']It will be able to run it, but not very well, skyrim on ultra high isn't very good and i'm assuming you're not using the texture pack. Battlefield 3 on high is ok.

Also NBA 2K12 for the PC's multiplayer might suck, but it makes up for it by the modding community, man it looks so nice.[/QUOTE]

Mine will run BF3 on Ultra, but it's not as smooth as High. My graphics card is a GTX 660M so it's fairly decent. Not top of the line, but I know zero about building a PC and I'm not spending $2000+ for better graphics. I have an Asus republic of gamers and I've been highly impressed with the build and everything so far. Especially since i sold my Macbook Pro for $950 and got that one on sale for $1150 ;)

[quote name='plus1zero']Mine will run BF3 on Ultra, but it's not as smooth as High. My graphics card is a GTX 660M so it's fairly decent. Not top of the line, but I know zero about building a PC and I'm not spending $2000+ for better graphics. I have an Asus republic of gamers and I've been highly impressed with the build and everything so far. Especially since i sold my Macbook Pro for $950 and got that one on sale for $1150 ;)[/QUOTE]

I believe you have a GTX 560m not 660m. I don't think they even make a 660m. I suppose it could be a 670m, but that is brand new and I doubt you would have found it for $1,150.

I also have an ASUS G series, and I love it. It's a fantastic gaming machine. Don't believe anyone when they say laptops are horrible for gaming. It may not hold up to a top of the line $2,500 desktops, but I'm willing to bet our laptops out perform 95% of all the haters desktops. Enjoy it. :cool:

[quote name='thegreatest']I believe you have a GTX 560m not 660m. I don't think they even make a 660m. I suppose it could be a 670m, but that is brand new and I doubt you would have found it for $1,150.

I also have an ASUS G series, and I love it. It's a fantastic gaming machine. Don't believe anyone when they say laptops are horrible for gaming. It may not hold up to a top of the line $2,500 desktops, but I'm willing to bet our laptops out perform 95% of all the haters desktops. Enjoy it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

http://reviewasusrog.blogspot.com/2012/05/asus-g75-i7-3610qm-660gtx-laptop-final.html

That's the one I have, it says it's a GTX 660? And yeah I did get it for 1149 before tax at best buy, it was bought and returned so open box, but it looked as if it were used, put back in, then taken back. Still had everything and the full warranty. My specs are identical except BB had a little bit of a custom version that has a 1TB HDD, 8GB Ram, and a dvd drive instead of blu-ray.

But yeah they're great laptops. I am in love with it, personally I'd rather have it than a desktop because I'm not a hardcore PC gamer, and I can take it to a friend's house if we decide to play or anything.

[quote name='sunghost']That doesn't work for Crysis 1. Only way that I know of is to contact EA's support to get more activations, or contact Amazon to get a new key.[/QUOTE]

Did you get sorted? If not you should contact our CS and they'll get you a new key.

Also, sorry for the delayed responses here guys, I've been prepping for, and now traveling to E3. I'll be checking in here in the evenings and sporadically throughout the day. PM will be the best way to get critical questions answered.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Did you get sorted? If not you should contact our CS and they'll get you a new key.

Also, sorry for the delayed responses here guys, I've been prepping for, and now traveling to E3. I'll be checking in here in the evenings and sporadically throughout the day. PM will be the best way to get critical questions answered.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nah, I haven't run out of activations yet so I've never needed to contact support. I was just responding to bizarrorollins. Thanks for asking though.

[quote name='plus1zero']http://reviewasusrog.blogspot.com/2012/05/asus-g75-i7-3610qm-660gtx-laptop-final.html

That's the one I have, it says it's a GTX 660? And yeah I did get it for 1149 before tax at best buy, it was bought and returned so open box, but it looked as if it were used, put back in, then taken back. Still had everything and the full warranty. My specs are identical except BB had a little bit of a custom version that has a 1TB HDD, 8GB Ram, and a dvd drive instead of blu-ray.

But yeah they're great laptops. I am in love with it, personally I'd rather have it than a desktop because I'm not a hardcore PC gamer, and I can take it to a friend's house if we decide to play or anything.[/QUOTE]

The only laptops I have seen have a 670m. Like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230408&Tpk=asus g75

Doesn't your laptop have a sticker that says what kind of GPU it has? I'm a little curious now.

The ASUS G75 series has 2 tiers of GPUs: the GTX 660m and the GTX 670m.
[we've seen this before when the G73SW-BB had a Best Buy gimped GTX 460m (128 bit bus), and the conventional G73SW had a fullon GTX 460m (192 bit bus)].

The lower budget Best Buy G75 model has the GTX 660m; conventional G75 has the GTX 670m. GTX 660m is new tech [28 nm], GTX 670m is just a rebadged GTX 570m [40 nm]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5176239.p?id=1218621250769&skuId=5176239&st=asus%20g75&cp=1&lp=1

A better buy might be the new Toshiba Qosmio x870 with a GTX 670m card, but a dual-core i5. Will probably be around $1100 [launches soon].

I too am a fellow laptop gamer :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegreatest']The only laptops I have seen have a 670m. Like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230408&Tpk=asus g75

Doesn't your laptop have a sticker that says what kind of GPU it has? I'm a little curious now.[/QUOTE]

Yep it does, it says nvidia GTX 660 ;)

Also I had bought a Qosmio from AWD, it was a total lemon. Wouldn't shut down, wouldn't even go to sleep and open back up. I also don't like glossy screens as much, and the touchpad/keyboard were not as good to me. Not saying they're all that way because they aren't, but ASUS has had a better track record for me in the past.

Wow, I didn't realize they had 660m's. I have one of the older 560m models and love it.

I always like to find people who realize the capabilities of laptops for gaming. They are very convenient.

Yea they do have 660ms, but their desktop counterpart isnt out yet that's why there's confusion. I can't wait till my 7850 comes in thursday!

Hey Tony,
finally got some time to start downloading all these games I have been getting, and I can't say how disappointed I am in the custom downloader.
The normal amazon downloader allowed you to specify a download directory, and it would download them to that directory.
This new one, swvg, it downloads directly to my SSD, and I don't want that to happen! I got over 1TB space for downloads, and that is where I want them.

Why can't they offer a option of where to download it ? This is so frustrating, it isn't funny.:wall: The support section says that it will only do that if space is low on C:. That is some silly logic going on there.

Can you please pass this complaint to the people that make your custom installer?

As of now, I am not going to buy anymore games from Amazon, until this is fixed. :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back