Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']re: Plentiful Paradox Pack one time deal

IIRC the context was to clarify that it was not going to run the duration of MAYhem but rather that it was intended (orginally) that the Plentiful Paradox Pack would be for two days only then gone for good, or something along those lines. It's kind of ambiguous how that could be interpreted since this exact pack is technically not coming back (I don't think) but it did kind of sound like a one time deal sort of thing.

I tried to find the exact quote but there's A LOT of posts to sift through and it may even have been an OP edit so I only have memory to go off of right now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']I agree with Motoki. I understand business is business and if you have a good thing going you want to keep it going. However, being an instant purchaser of the last Paradox pack, having this pack come out this soon after the last when I haven't even played any of the games yet feels like being burnt and teaches me to hold off next time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the original intent (and messaging) was that we'd only run the pack for 2 days. Then I received a battery of requests from people to keep it up through the weekend as many were getting paid later in the week. Because it was selling so well Paradox was cool with keeping it up for the balance of the week.

Then, post deal, I've received more requests to bring it back, so we decided it would be a good idea to do so, we also thought it would be cool to offer another bundle with more stuff in it.

Currently the plan is to re-run the original bundle (this is not at risk of not happening) and run a second bundle with a different composition, I've suggested a couple of solutions internally to make sure the initial bundle purchasers don't feel penalized for doing so. If I can't get any of these solutions approved we likely won't run the second bundle and will instead re-run the first one.

Edited to now include Provis' feedback. Which I believe my post addresses.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

I hope the other pack will be Majesty World Pack which includes Warlock , Defenders of Ardania and Majesty games.All these games use the majesty lore as its base so it would make sense.Will it be next week or end of the month?

Sweet, just heard back from Paradox. Here's the skinny:

1. We'll be running the original bundle again at $12.49 with:

CK II
Victoria II
SOTS Complete
SOTS II
Magicka Collection
Magicka Stars are left DLC

The second bundle will be $19.99 and contain:

CK II+CKII DLC
Victoria II
Warlock Master of the Arcane
The Majesty Pack
Magicka Collection

For those of those who purchased the original bundle we'll have a "gap filler" for $7.49 (the difference between $12.49 and $19.99) with:

1. CKII DLC
2. The Majesty Pack
3. Warlock Master of the Arcane

So those who purchased the bundle early but would have preferred the new one are getting the same deal as everyone else...plus the two SOTS games.

Thanks for the immediate feedback guys, it was definitely helpful in crafting this.

As an FYI this won't happen until early July, but I'm glad we worked the kinks out early!

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony: Thanks for going to the extra effort on the upgrade pack for those of us who got the first pack a little bit ago. I kind of feel bad for being all grumbly about it now but I guess if we didn't say anything then the upgrade pack would not have happened.

Anyway, good deal. Thanks again. I doubt many other digital download retailers would go to that much effort.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sweet, just heard back from Paradox. Here's the skinny:

CK II
Victoria II
SOTS Complete
SOTS II
Magicka Collection

CK II+CKII DLC
Victoria II
The Majesty Pack
Magicka Collection

For those of those who purchased the original bundle we'll have a "gap filler" for $7.49 (the difference between $12.49 and $19.99) with:

1. CKII DLC
2. The Majesty Pack

So those who purchased the bundle early but would have preferred the new one are getting the same deal as everyone else...plus the two SOTS games.

Thanks for the immediate feedback guys, it was definitely helpful in crafting this.

As an FYI this won't happen until early July, but I'm glad we worked the kinks out early!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

This....this is amazing. And clever combination of deals. Even being interested in only Warlock, your bundled price is cheaper than Steam's last sale. Amazing.

Quick question, will Amazon offer the Warlock DLC "Power of the Serpent"? I know Amazon already has the other Warlock DLC, just wondering about this second offering.

[quote name='Motoki']@Tony: Thanks for going to the extra effort on the upgrade pack for those of us who got the first pack a little bit ago. I kind of feel bad for being all grumbly about it now but I guess if we didn't say anything then the upgrade pack would not have happened.

Anyway, good deal. Thanks again. I doubt many other digital download retailers would go to that much effort.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, I mean it when I say the point of me being here is to get feedback from you guys...not just bombard you with marketing talk.

You guys drive a good amount of sales through the direct purchases made by the community here. FAR more valuable though, is the fact that conversations like this help us make better decisions that affect more than just this community :).

That's the point of getting feedback from you. We can't always make it happen, but if I couldn't have come to a sensible accommodation for the early adopters we'd have just walked from the second bundle.

Hold that in contrast to running a business without this kind of feedback, we'd have run the promotion as planned. History tells me that we would have made a ton of money, and everyone would be giving each other high fives over here. Meanwhile we'd have upset several thousand customers who we want to keep coming back to take advantage of our awesome deals.

I've said it before, and will say it again, you guys are part of the process...not just part of the sales cycle and I really appreciate your feedback (even when it is "all grumpy")

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Fatdude']Tony are games going to be discounted separately too or sale will only apply to packs?[/QUOTE]

Right now the only thing slated for an individual discount is $9.99 CKII again.

Cheers,
Tony

Know I'm the only one, but hoping the Sims deals pop up again at some point as I missed them the first time around. Otherwise just wanted to drop in here to give my kudos to Tony!

Whoops, didn't read the last few pages, WAY to go Tony!!! These are the type of things that have made Amazon my go to place for games!! Love what you did for us early adopters of the Paradox bundle.

Have you ever pitched to a publisher offering multiple packs of their games? Something along the lines of:

Plentiful Paradox Basic - Magicka Collection, CKII, Majesty Complete

Plentiful Paradox Advanced - above plus CKII DLC/Expansion, SotS 1/2, Victoria, Warlock

Plentiful Paradox Ultimate - oodles of games

Offer the opportunity for people to buy in at a lower price point, and if they like the games, 'upgrade' to a higher tier and pick up more. One of the aspects of Steam I intensely dislike is that most of their 'packs' don't provide extra games to give/sell/trade away if I already own some of them, which is why I am glad to see Amazon hasn't gone this route.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

1. CKII DLC
2. The Majesty Pack
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony! That's an awesome deal and I am looking forward to it. Thanks so much for going the extra mile.

When you say it will include all CKII DLC, does that mean the expansion Sword of Islam as well? Sword of Islam is being released sometime in June and the pack will be sold in July.

[quote name='travathian']
Plentiful Paradox Basic - Magicka Collection, CKII, Majesty Complete

Plentiful Paradox Advanced - above plus CKII DLC/Expansion, SotS 1/2, Victoria, Warlock

Plentiful Paradox Ultimate - oodles of games
[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea but those names are very generic. I'd suggest something like this:

Plentiful Paradox Pack

Paramount Paradox Parking Pack

Paranormal Paradoxical Paradox Pack

:D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Right now the only thing slated for an individual discount is $9.99 CKII again.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hm. So does this mean you can pick up the a-la-carte CKII for $9.99 and the "fill-in" pack with CKII DLC, Majesty Pack, and Warlock for $7.49? That's a pretty solid deal.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. So does this mean you can pick up the a-la-carte CKII for $9.99 and the "fill-in" pack with CKII DLC, Majesty Pack, and Warlock for $7.49? That's a pretty solid deal.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you just buy the big Paradox pack for an extra $2.50 and have the extra games? If someone is really not interested I guess I can understand but its $2.50...

I'm gonna get the $7.5 Warlock and CK2 dlcpack but i hope you will add a sale for single Warlock game.I already own the Majesty games and I dont own CK2 so they are gonna go to waste.

On second look whole Bundle thing look quite bad imo

$12.5 for the bundle that you have sold before which has 6 games
$20 for the new bundle that has CK2 DLC + Majesty Games + Warlock + The Bundle Above -(MINUS) Sword of the Star Series
$7.5 for the CK2 DLC + Majesty + Warlock

Can you tell me why would ANYONE FOR ANY REASON buy the second bundle?First and Third is equal in price to second one and there is a bonus of Sword of the Star series on top of that.

[quote name='yangwenli']Will the Warlock DLC be included in the pack or separately as well? That'd be nice to get in one setting or maybe just as a group DLC item.[/QUOTE]

Negative, we don't have Warlock DLC slated for a promo.

[quote name='Fatdude']I'm gonna get the $7.5 Warlock and CK2 dlcpack but i hope you will add a sale for single Warlock game.I already own the Majesty games and I dont own CK2 so they are gonna go to waste.

On second look whole Bundle thing look quite bad imo

$12.5 for the bundle that you have sold before which has 6 games
$20 for the new bundle that has CK2 DLC + Majesty Games + Warlock + The Bundle Above -(MINUS) Sword of the Star Series
$7.5 for the CK2 DLC + Majesty + Warlock

Can you tell me why would ANYONE FOR ANY REASON buy the second bundle?First and Third is equal in price to second one and there is a bonus of Sword of the Star series on top of that.[/QUOTE]

Fair question. If you look back through the post history the past couple of pages you'll see the third pack ($7.50) was created specifically to accommodate those who bought the first pack but would feel like buying it earlier was a mistake due to the added value in the second pack.

We won't be marketing it on site, rather I'll be posting about it here, neogaf and reddit, and emailing those who purchased the original bundle.

In short, the third bundle isn't going to be mass marketed, it is more of a reward for those that bought the original bundle. We realize that some people who didn't buy the original will still get to take advantage of the $7.49 bundle, but we're OK with this to make sure we take care of those that purchased the original one.

Hope this helps explain.

Cheers,
Tony

In summary, the best deal for someone new is just buying the 1st deal and the third deal then since that gets everything in the second deal plus Sword of the Stars as well right?

That's fair I guess. Was hoping for a thank you for buying early, but can live with it since you can at least get the smaller pack still.

Maybe they can do a credit like they did for Europa Universalis 3 and Hearts of Iron 3 to make early buyers feel even better. :) Ok, last time I mention it. :)

[quote name='yangwenli']In summary, the best deal for someone new is just buying the 1st deal and the third deal then since that gets everything in the second deal plus Sword of the Stars as well right?

That's fair I guess. Was hoping for a thank you for buying early, but can live with it since you can at least get the smaller pack still.

Maybe they can do a credit like they did for Europa Universalis 3 and Hearts of Iron 3 to make early buyers feel even better. :) Ok, last time I mention it. :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion...the thank you for buying early was the creation of the third bundle as something for sale. Which is only going to be marketed in places where we promoted the first bundle.

It sounds like you'd have preferred if we limited the sale of the third bundle to just people who purchased the first to make it feel like more of a thank you. This isn't something we felt we could execute on elegantly, instead, we're only marketing the new one to people who purchased (or were exposed to) the first deal.

If those people want to spread the word to their friends (which may or may not include everyone on the internet), we aren't going to limit that, but the third bundle was literally born out of the need to accommodate early purchasers.

Hope that clarifies. As always let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='travathian']Majesty Pack $30

Majesty Gold + Majesty 2 Collection $25

Games included are identical . . . Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

We built the pack before the collection price changed, and we usually only use the pack for promotional activities. Good call out though, I'll ping Paradox about it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Fatdude']I was hoping $5-$7.5 for Darkness 2.Game is too short imo for me to pay more.[/QUOTE]

I'd be so in for Darkness 2, if it was $7.50 or below...

Picked up Dead Island. Been wanting to try this for a while...figured it would be better to play on PC rather than 360. Thanks Tony, you're quickly helping me fill up my PC library, and I haven't even had my PC for more than a month! :)

Have been debating Fifa 12 this whole week. Have played soccer games in the past on the consoles sporadically, just not sure how much I would play it now. How easy is it to just pick up and play if it has been a few years since I played last?

Damn you for throwing Majesty in there... I was absolutely addicted to that game when I was a kid. Had boxed copies of both the original and the expansion and I played them both to death. Both the original and the sequel that I've never even seen before? Both complete with all expansions? You've got another guaranteed $7 from me, Tony. fuck you. ;)

Welcome back Tony (we missed you). I saw that I still had cash in my bank account and knew you hadn't posted any deals since E3 yet, but now that you have..Looking out for the early adopters of the Paradox Pack (which was an astoundingly good deal to begin with) with an "upgrade" bundle so they (myself included) don't feel penalized for making the deal a success to begin with is beyond words when it comes to the level of Customer Service you and Amazon are giving. I see the points from both sides though.

If you didn't take this step, people would be hesitant to act on a deal to begin with thinking of the possibility of an even better deal coming down the road, or even the one game becoming discounted (like with Europa Universalis III: Chronicles) in the near future. Stifling sales up front, meaning no bigger better version latter on. I really think you should consider this as a viable option in all future bundles (kinda like being able to upgrade your original cost in an Indie Bundle to get the additional content that's added later). Of course that requires testing in the field, but it would definitely set you apart from any other outlet for digital distribution (other than said Indie Bundle Companies, which aren't in your direct competition anyway). But if game companies take notice of sales like that, they need to not shoot themselves in the foot by forgeting the people who made it a success to begin with, which is why I think the "upgrade" your Pack takes care of both sides equally.

Another question, Why does it seem that publishers are willing to put the base games up for sale and either not include DLC on sale (whether in the bundle or as a seperate purchase) at the same time or not even have it up at that distributor at all. I used to think it was beacuse of a "sell them the base game cheap, we'll make our margin of the DLC" mentality, but that doesn't jive when the DLC isn't even on that site to begin with. I like to down all the DLC with a game when I get it, especially since it's common practice to include major game upgrades with the DLC now instead of patching the base game. Why so hard to "get it all"? Thoughts?

Keep up the amazing work, Cheers!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sweet, just heard back from Paradox. Here's the skinny:

CK II
Victoria II
SOTS Complete
SOTS II
Magicka Collection

CK II+CKII DLC
Victoria II
The Majesty Pack
Magicka Collection

1. CKII DLC
2. The Majesty Pack

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think it's just a typo, but in the interest of working out the kinks shouldn't the 19.99 pack include SOTS games? Otherwise, why would anyone buy the 19.99 pack? Wouldn't it make more sense to buy the 12.49 and 7.49 packs, save a penny (this is CAG), and get the SOTS games as well?

[quote name='nategator']I think it's just a typo, but in the interest of working out the kinks shouldn't the 19.99 pack include SOTS games? Otherwise, why would anyone buy the 19.99 pack? Wouldn't it make more sense to buy the 12.49 and 7.49 packs, save a penny (this is CAG), and get the SOTS games as well?[/QUOTE]

The 7.49 pack isn't really going to be marketed. It's mostly there as an upgrade path for those who got the first paradox pack. If other people get it that's fine but it's not going to be the big push.

I guess they'll see after all is said and done if word of mouth manages to spread the plentiful pack + upgrade around to any significant degree but that's not going to be the intent of the sale and it's not a typo.

I just really wish Hearts of Iron III Collection went up for sale instead of EU III. I would have much rather grabbed a WWII strategy rather than a European conquest one.

No one's up for a trade, huh? Ha ha.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Right now the only thing slated for an individual discount is $9.99 CKII again.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
And CK2 DLC (by themselves) for a price that can rival or even beat the recent Steam sale? :3

[quote name='sharpeone']Have been debating Fifa 12 this whole week. Have played soccer games in the past on the consoles sporadically, just not sure how much I would play it now. How easy is it to just pick up and play if it has been a few years since I played last?[/QUOTE]
You needwant a Xbox 360 wireless for Windows (= with wireless receiver) or Xbox 360 wired pad.
Should be easy enough and it's a ton better than the ones before 08 on PS360, or before 11 on PC.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']fifa 12 doesnt work for me. keeps on closing after i hit gameplay x_x[/QUOTE]
You verified the game files in Origin and all those things? You mean "gameplay" = the launcher or the game or inside the game menus?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Damn you for throwing Majesty in there... I was absolutely addicted to that game when I was a kid. Had boxed copies of both the original and the expansion and I played them both to death. Both the original and the sequel that I've never even seen before? Both complete with all expansions?[/QUOTE]
Btw, Tony, is this the regular Majesty game or the new Majesty Gold HD as sold on Steam since a few months ago?

[quote name='Idiotekque']I just really wish Hearts of Iron III Collection went up for sale instead of EU III. I would have much rather grabbed a WWII strategy rather than a European conquest one.

No one's up for a trade, huh? Ha ha.[/QUOTE]

technically, there is still time for it to go on sale- otherwise with the coupon you are still getting a fantastic price on some huge content. It's $30 regularly correct? $23 credit makes it $7, whereas the other places it went on sale were still selling it for $15. I get you're probably saying this all sarcastically, but I'm pretty sure we can all agree the EU III was a pricing mistake and we shouldn't keep pushing the envelope regarding Hearts of Iron III it just comes off as greedy and I personally don't want to rub Tony/Paradox the wrong way by "abusing" their awesome deal and/or crying about not being able to "abuse" the deal.

I'll definitely be snagging the "Gap filler" bundle. Won't feel too terrible about buying it without buying the previous Paradox bundle, since I bought Crusader Kings 2 from Amazon a few months back for $18 itself.

As an aside, do you have any idea if the upcoming Sword of Islam DLC is going to be included in that CK2 DLC, Tony? Supposedly it (And possibly another music DLC) is going to be released in June. Since this deal is slated for early July, that's why I was wondering.

Multiple digital retailers were selling both games for $15. To receive that $25 credit from Amazon we had to spend money. Why would pricing EU III down to what the going price was elsewhere have been a mistake? The credit only went to people who purchased a limited time bundle that was making money for Amazon as it is. Amazon has often price matched other retailers; as they should. An obscure credit (that only a handful of people have and are paying attention to) gained by spending money on something else should not be the deciding factor on whether or not Amazon should price match a particular item.

Also note that physical copies of those games sell for less than $30 (especially EU III). Amazon is cranking out the digital sales; do you really think they're taking a hit and that we should feel bad about "abusing" them when we pay money, get some cool extra credit, and pick up a free game or two?

Sorry, I've spent almost $70 on Amazon digital games since April. Call me a bastard, but I don't feel all too guilty about getting two free games from Amazon. I think I've done my part to uh... support a starving business; lol.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']
As an aside, do you have any idea if the upcoming Sword of Islam DLC is going to be included in that CK2 DLC, Tony? Supposedly it (And possibly another music DLC) is going to be released in June. Since this deal is slated for early July, that's why I was wondering.[/QUOTE]

I am curious about that myself.

It'd be great if Amazon would carry Victoria II DLC at some point.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Damn you for throwing Majesty in there... I was absolutely addicted to that game when I was a kid. Had boxed copies of both the original and the expansion and I played them both to death. Both the original and the sequel that I've never even seen before? Both complete with all expansions? You've got another guaranteed $7 from me, Tony. fuck you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Woot :).

[quote name='walkonshadows']Welcome back Tony (we missed you). I saw that I still had cash in my bank account and knew you hadn't posted any deals since E3 yet, but now that you have..Looking out for the early adopters of the Paradox Pack (which was an astoundingly good deal to begin with) with an "upgrade" bundle so they (myself included) don't feel penalized for making the deal a success to begin with is beyond words when it comes to the level of Customer Service you and Amazon are giving. I see the points from both sides though.

If you didn't take this step, people would be hesitant to act on a deal to begin with thinking of the possibility of an even better deal coming down the road, or even the one game becoming discounted (like with Europa Universalis III: Chronicles) in the near future. Stifling sales up front, meaning no bigger better version latter on. I really think you should consider this as a viable option in all future bundles (kinda like being able to upgrade your original cost in an Indie Bundle to get the additional content that's added later). Of course that requires testing in the field, but it would definitely set you apart from any other outlet for digital distribution (other than said Indie Bundle Companies, which aren't in your direct competition anyway). But if game companies take notice of sales like that, they need to not shoot themselves in the foot by forgeting the people who made it a success to begin with, which is why I think the "upgrade" your Pack takes care of both sides equally.

Another question, Why does it seem that publishers are willing to put the base games up for sale and either not include DLC on sale (whether in the bundle or as a seperate purchase) at the same time or not even have it up at that distributor at all. I used to think it was beacuse of a "sell them the base game cheap, we'll make our margin of the DLC" mentality, but that doesn't jive when the DLC isn't even on that site to begin with. I like to down all the DLC with a game when I get it, especially since it's common practice to include major game upgrades with the DLC now instead of patching the base game. Why so hard to "get it all"? Thoughts?

Keep up the amazing work, Cheers![/QUOTE]

Glad you dig the upgrade idea, if it is successful I'll definitely be pitching it to publishers in the future.

As for your DLC question. There are a few things at play there:

1. The idea is definitely "sell them the base game and then sell more DLC".
2. From the publisher perspective they look at it from a "number of base games in the marketplace" because the DLC is on sale SOMEWHERE, even if it isn't in the channel where the base game is being sold.
3. From my perspective, you'll likely start to see bundles like what we're doing with Paradox, where the selling price isn't sub $1 but there is a bunch of value packed in. The reason being that we've found that selling individual DLC for like $0.75-$2 is actually a losing proposition for us because of our variable costs like customer service issues. Remember, one of the things that makes Amazon pretty unique in the digital landscape is the fact that we have multiple, really easy to access, CS groups (chat, email, phone) and we handle a lot more than virtually everyone else (giving out new keys, pretty lax refund/credit policy). All of these things are definitely worthwhile and a cornerstone of our business, they also cost money. This doesn't mean we won't continue to match other's DLC prices during promotional periods, we'll continue to evaluate those on a case by case basis (like the recent Steam sale on CKII DLC, which we matched). Just giving you some insight into my personal take on DLC sales.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']I'll definitely be snagging the "Gap filler" bundle. Won't feel too terrible about buying it without buying the previous Paradox bundle, since I bought Crusader Kings 2 from Amazon a few months back for $18 itself.

As an aside, do you have any idea if the upcoming Sword of Islam DLC is going to be included in that CK2 DLC, Tony? Supposedly it (And possibly another music DLC) is going to be released in June. Since this deal is slated for early July, that's why I was wondering.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chupatintas']I am curious about that myself.

It'd be great if Amazon would carry Victoria II DLC at some point.[/QUOTE]

I'm unsure about the 2 new DLCs, I'll let you know as soon as I have confirmation.

[quote name='Luckz']And CK2 DLC (by themselves) for a price that can rival or even beat the recent Steam sale? :3

You needwant a Xbox 360 wireless for Windows (= with wireless receiver) or Xbox 360 wired pad.
Should be easy enough and it's a ton better than the ones before 08 on PS360, or before 11 on PC.

You verified the game files in Origin and all those things? You mean "gameplay" = the launcher or the game or inside the game menus?

Btw, Tony, is this the regular Majesty game or the new Majesty Gold HD as sold on Steam since a few months ago?[/QUOTE]

I'll ask about Majesty HD, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The reason being that we've found that selling individual DLC for like $0.75-$2 is actually a losing proposition for us because of our variable costs like customer service issues. Remember, one of the things that makes Amazon pretty unique in the digital landscape is the fact that we have multiple, really easy to access, CS groups (chat, email, phone) and we handle a lot more than virtually everyone else (giving out new keys, pretty lax refund/credit policy). All of these things are definitely worthwhile and a cornerstone of our business, they also cost money.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'd rather pay a little bit extra for the excellent customer service. I have a support ticket in with Steam, going on day 7 now. I submitted a support ticket to Amazon (non video game related) and had a response in just over two hours, and the issue resolved in less than four total hours. And that pretty much has been my experience over the last decade.

Just as a random question, has there been any promo credits given with recent purchases? I have $20 listed under "video games" when I check my credit, and no idea where it came from or what it's used on.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just as a random question, has there been any promo credits given with recent purchases? I have $20 listed under "video games" when I check my credit, and no idea where it came from or what it's used on.[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3, PC disc, gave me $10 of credit. Think the consoles gave the same.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The reason being that we've found that selling individual DLC for like $0.75-$2 is actually a losing proposition for us because of our variable costs like customer service issues.[/QUOTE]
That comment makes no sense to me. Every digital retailer who sells DLC has to deal with customer support. Beyond that, I'm sure you would realize that you aren't necessarily making all your money on the DLC alone; you're making money when someone goes to your site and sees you selling the base game AND the DLC, then decides to buy it all on Amazon because it's all in one place.

You're fooling yourself if you don't think half the time a gamer will look at your digital sales, see that you aren't offering the DLC (at the going price, or not at all), and will roll onto Steam to buy it instead. That's the "losing proposition" right there.

(I'm not arguing, by the way; just throwing that out there.)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

A little background on the Majesty HD thing because it's kind of confusing. This past March Paradox released Majesty Gold HD which supports higher resolutions (which most modern computers now run), will run on Win7 64 bit w/o issue and had some other fixes, added a couple more quests etc.

People who bought it on Steam and Gamersgate automatically got a free upgrade to the HD. Steam stopped selling the regular non-HD version while Gamersgate seems to have moved it over to their free ad-supported VOID service.

I don't know if they ever gave you guys the HD version but judging by the fact that there are number of recent reviews for it on Amazon from people complaining they can't get it to run properly I'm suspect you never got the HD version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']That comment makes no sense to me. Every digital retailer who sells DLC has to deal with customer support.[/QUOTE]

See my post above, comparing Amazon customer service to Steam/GMG/GG/etc is night and day.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

and maybe even upgrade our previously bought copies to HD if you get it?;)

thanks Tony

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']is darkness II steam activated? need to know so I can pick it up for my dad.[/QUOTE]

Darkness 2 REQUIRES Steam period regardless of where you buy it, whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back