Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI, the amazon installer does ask if you want to change the directory a game is being downladed to if there isn't enough free space on C:\ to facilitate the download, and thanks for the heads up Virus.

[quote name='dejeckt']Really want to buy this...but I still have a sealed ps3 copy of DA:O (just never got around to playing it).[/QUOTE]

Any console version of DA:O

[quote name='Idiotekque']
(Have spent nearly $100 on Amazon PCDD over the course of 2 or so months. Do I get a cookie when I break $100?)[/QUOTE]

That's not nearly enough for Tony to buy a new Ferrari. Buy more, please.

Awesome Dragon Age bundles. I have a question though, for people in the know.

Has there been talk at EA of a "complete" edition for DA2 that will put the main game and the 4 DLC purchases together into a single edition? Seems like a no-brainer. It's been over a year, and over 9 months since the final DLC release. Usually these things happen by now.

But when they don't, it's usually an EA/Bioware RPG. Mass Effect went the same route, expecting you to buy the in-game DLC. Grr.

After using the Amazon Downloaded for SSFIVAE I must say I don't mind using it to get my games. It's a .exe file that doesn't install anything to the HD (just downloads the game) and you delete the .exe when the game is downloaded.

A lot of other downloaders install crap to your PC, and I like that Amazon doesn't. Quick, simple, and effective, one button to pause/continue downloads.

Thanks Tony

[quote name='gcorlett']Awesome Dragon Age bundles. I have a question though, for people in the know.

Has there been talk at EA of a "complete" edition for DA2 that will put the main game and the 4 DLC purchases together into a single edition? Seems like a no-brainer. It's been over a year, and over 9 months since the final DLC release. Usually these things happen by now.

But when they don't, it's usually an EA/Bioware RPG. Mass Effect went the same route, expecting you to buy the in-game DLC. Grr.[/QUOTE]

BioWare and EA have not done nor even talked about doing a Complete Edition for ME2 and Dragon Age 2.
It'd be nice if they would, but - I doubt that'll happen; not at least anytime soon.

They really do want you to buy BioWare points and buy the DLC from the BioWare Store, so they can make $ off their Exclusive Premium Pricing schemes.

[quote name='gcorlett']Awesome Dragon Age bundles. I have a question though, for people in the know.

But when they don't, it's usually an EA/Bioware RPG. Mass Effect went the same route, expecting you to buy the in-game DLC. Grr.[/QUOTE]
I wondered that as well, especially seeing as how terrible this game has fared when it comes to critical opinion. The deal was definitely effective enough for that not to be a deal-breaker, but I was kinda thinking "I wish DA2 had the DLC too...".

Make us happy Tony? :)

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']FYI: for anyone who buys DA:ultimate, youll more than likely need to download this patch manually to make your DLC authenticate.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/8734556[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link! Bookmarked.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I wondered that as well, especially seeing as how terrible this game has fared when it comes to critical opinion. The deal was definitely effective enough for that not to be a deal-breaker, but I was kinda thinking "I wish DA2 had the DLC too...".

Make us happy Tony? :)
[/QUOTE]
It'd be nice, but...I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

If Tony could convince EA and BioWare to bring EXCLUSIVE DLC to their own (EA-based and Bioware-based) services to other services (like Amazon DL or Steam), Hell might freeze over...

95% chance won't happen as DA 2 was a disappointment sales wise as it sold 1/2 of what DA: O did, which is unusual for a sequel to do worse. The Awakening-sized expansion called Exalted March that was planned to come out late 2012/early 2013 was scrapped to concentrate on DA 3 so EA is in no rush to put out a cheaper version of DA 2 w/DLC since it won't generate many new sales.

The weapon/item packs aren't really that necessary, there's some decent weapons in there, but the late game/DLC campaigns have better ones. I'd just get DA 2 cheap and then get 1600 Bioware/MS points to get the 2 campaign expansions. Just beware Bioware points have only gone on sale 1 or 2 times since they were created in 2010.

As disappointing as the game's flaws were, the audio (both music and VO) is excellent and the story, minus Anders, is really good and you'll really enjoy almost all of the companions. Combat is faster paced and the game is easier than Origins. The DLC campaigns though are better than 2/3 of the quests in the main game.

So if I'm understanding this right, no DAO/2 DLC is available for sale anywhere but through Bioware/EA? I knew there wouldn't be an "ultimate edition" of DA2, but I was thinking that since the game sells so terribly anyways that maybe Tony could swing a promotional credit for the DA2 DLC to pick it up for cheap/free having purchased the bundle.

If it's impossible for Amazon to carry the DLC though, never mind. Worth a shot though?

[quote name='Idiotekque']So if I'm understanding this right, no DAO/2 DLC is available for sale anywhere but through Bioware/EA? I knew there wouldn't be an "ultimate edition" of DA2, but I was thinking that since the game sells so terribly anyways that maybe Tony could swing a promotional credit for the DA2 DLC to pick it up for cheap/free having purchased the bundle.

If it's impossible for Amazon to carry the DLC though, never mind. Worth a shot though?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Only way to get Bioware DLC a la carte is through Origin paying with Bioware points. Only exception is the Ultimate Edition of DA: O which has everything.

The DLC has nothing to do with disappointment as much as EA made it after they decided to gouge people more on DLC. There's a reason why you can't easily buy Mass Effect's DLC. The only reason Crysis 2 got one is because it's all multiplayer DLC and they know they can't gouge on that 4 years from now because no one will be playing it, but they can for single player stuff.

[quote name='Idiotekque']So if I'm understanding this right, no DAO/2 DLC is available for sale anywhere but through Bioware/EA? I knew there wouldn't be an "ultimate edition" of DA2, but I was thinking that since the game sells so terribly anyways that maybe Tony could swing a promotional credit for the DA2 DLC to pick it up for cheap/free having purchased the bundle.

If it's impossible for Amazon to carry the DLC though, never mind. Worth a shot though?[/QUOTE]

If you want DAO w/ all 9 DLC, you want DAO: Ultimate.
It has EVERYTHING - DAO base game + Awakening expansion + ALL DLC.
A LOT of places sell that Edition, so you're good for that game. :)
Takes up 28 GB of space, just so you know...

DA2 does NOT have a Ultimate Edition.
If you want any of the DA2 DLC, you're currently going to have to buy it through the BioWare Store currently.
Keep your eyes peeled for BioWare Points Sales - they happen once and a full moon.
It'd be nice if Tony could convince EA and BioWare to bring a DA2 Ultimate Package here, but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.
Heck, it'd be even nice if Tony could net us a nice deal on BioWare points, but I doubt that'll happen, as well...

EA lately has NOT been doing a lot of compiling of Ultimate Editions w/ studios that are their own or highly involved w/ them.
We still ain't seen a BF:BC2 Ultimate Edition on the PC.
The only ones you might see do a Ultimate Edition nowadays, might be those independent studios w/ the EA Partners program - i.e. Crytek. Hence why Crysis 2 finally got a Maximum Edition w/ EVERYTHING.

[quote name='Corpekata']Heads up for people that bought DA today, as mentioned you will need to patch the base game, as it can sometimes not recognize authorization for DLC without it. There's also a patch for Witch Hunt. All the info and links can be found here:

http://social.bioware.com/page/da-patches[/QUOTE]

Right.
It's BEST to just patch to the newest DAO patch (1.05), which fixes the DLC activation problem.

What happened was when they released DAO Ultimate, when you install DAO, they [for some reason] didn't force the DAService Installer.
That DAService Installer is needed to install the service needed to run in the background to activate the DLC!
It's in your DAO folder somewhere, actually - and running that should be enough to activate it (it was for me), if you needed to do it manually.

[quote name='MysterD']If you want DAO w/ all 9 DLC, you want DAO: Ultimate.
It has EVERYTHING - DAO base game + Awakening expansion + ALL DLC.
A LOT of places sell that Edition, so you're good for that game. :)
Takes up 28 GB of space, just so you know...

DA2 does NOT have a Ultimate Edition.
If you want any of the DA2 DLC, you're currently going to have to buy it through the BioWare Store currently.
Keep your eyes peeled for BioWare Points Sales - they happen once and a full moon.
It'd be nice if Tony could convince EA and BioWare to bring a DA2 Ultimate Package here, but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.
Heck, it'd be even nice if Tony could net us a nice deal on BioWare points, but I doubt that'll happen, as well...

EA lately has NOT been doing a lot of compiling of Ultimate Editions w/ studios that are their own or highly involved w/ them.
We still ain't seen a BF:BC2 Ultimate Edition on the PC.
The only ones you might see do a Ultimate Edition nowadays, might be those independent studios w/ the EA Partners program - i.e. Crytek. Hence why Crysis 2 finally got a Maximum Edition w/ EVERYTHING.[/QUOTE]
I've already grabbed the bundle (I understand that), but hey, if anyone can pull DA2 DLC off it's Tony, right?

Get cracking. :bouncy:

[quote name='MysterD']BioWare and EA have not done nor even talked about doing a Complete Edition for ME2 and Dragon Age 2.
It'd be nice if they would, but - I doubt that'll happen; not at least anytime soon.

They really do want you to buy BioWare points and buy the DLC from the BioWare Store, so they can make $ off their Exclusive Premium Pricing schemes.[/QUOTE]
Crazy that I got all the DA & ME2 dlc for next to nothing on 360 after getting msp so cheap & them putting them on sale so cheap. Weird that they want PC players, that already spend more on components, to spend more on everything else...WTF!?!?

This may sound really dumb, but once purchased you don't have to download it right away right? I don't want my sdd to get too cluttered up.

[quote name='dejeckt']This may sound really dumb, but once purchased you don't have to download it right away right? I don't want my sdd to get too cluttered up.[/QUOTE]

Not at all. You can let it sit in your account forever (or as long as Amazon is around) and just go to "My Digital games" section under "My Account" to access your games whenever you want.

The download size for DA:O ultimate is 12.40 GB, but expands to 23.40 GB on the hard disk, I thought I read somewhere it was a 28 GB total download after the DLC was loaded, but the DLC was in the initial download, cause after linking with my Bioware account, it says all of it is installed. I thought maybe I had mis-understood and the 28 GB size was for both games in the pack together, but that only comes to 18.90 GB, anyway fyi for those as confused as I was. Ultimate only needs 12.40 GB of bandwidth.

[quote name='walkonshadows']The download size for DA:O ultimate is 12.40 GB, but expands to 23.40 GB on the hard disk, I thought I read somewhere it was a 28 GB total download after the DLC was loaded, but the DLC was in the initial download, cause after linking with my Bioware account, it says all of it is installed. I thought maybe I had mis-understood and the 28 GB size was for both games in the pack together, but that only comes to 18.90 GB, anyway fyi for those as confused as I was. Ultimate only needs 12.40 GB of bandwidth.[/QUOTE]

When I installed DA:Origins - Ultimate [months ago], I had to install the DLC inside the game [is this the only way?]. Once the DLC was downloaded my total DA:O folder size is 24GB [I just now checked it]; unless DLC is downloaded to a different destination.

Damn, I must have mixed up the dates. I thought Street Fighter would still be available on 6/24, but I guess not.

I took advantage of the DA bundle the last time it was on sale. I put a hundred hours into DA:O and went through DA2 once. I fucking love these sales.

I just grabbed the DA bundle, but I'm a bit confused by the keys and Origin:
1NWeE.png

Origin accepted the keys I covered with green, but not the ones I covered with red. For DAO, is that because of the patch that has been mentioned? Or is it not even needed? But I can't figure out the Black Emporium one, why won't Origin take that?

PS, I've never used Origin before, viva la Steam and all that, so bear with me please if this is a noob question

[quote name='Bonzaixx1']I just grabbed the DA bundle, but I'm a bit confused by the keys and Origin:
1NWeE.png

Origin accepted the keys I covered with green, but not the ones I covered with red. For DAO, is that because of the patch that has been mentioned? Or is it not even needed? But I can't figure out the Black Emporium one, why won't Origin take that?

PS, I've never used Origin before, viva la Steam and all that, so bear with me please if this is a noob question[/QUOTE]

The DLC keys are activated on a website, I think it's Bioware's website, but I forget which website it was exactly. Another user would surely have an answer, but until then your mind can rest knowing that the keys aren't invalid. =P

EDIT: It's done here, under the My Games -> Register Games section.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']When I installed DA:Origins - Ultimate [months ago], I had to install the DLC inside the game [is this the only way?]. Once the DLC was downloaded my total DA:O folder size is 24GB [I just now checked it]; unless DLC is downloaded to a different destination.[/QUOTE]

right, what I was saying was that my folder is 24 GB, but I only had to download 12.4 GB, then install. I was thinking people were saying it was a 28 GB download. I didn't have to download any DLC, it was there after the intial install. I linked to my BioWare account first thing when it pulled up and there they were.

So does DA2 come with the Exiled Prince DLC too or just Black Emporium? It looks like both of those came free with the Signature Edition. Seems odd for this PCDD to include the Black Emporium alone (well, maybe not odd, just a little disappointing).

[quote name='Idiotekque']So does DA2 come with the Exiled Prince DLC too or just Black Emporium? It looks like both of those came free with the Signature Edition. Seems odd for this PCDD to include the Black Emporium alone (well, maybe not odd, just a little disappointing).[/QUOTE]

No, you can purchase it but it is only free with signature. Signature was basically a preorder bonus. It's not odd. Unless they make an ultimate that's what you get.

Black Imporium was the "online pass" for this game. Sig. Ed. came with Exiled Prince ($7 download) and some exclusive weapons, armor, & accessories.

Just installed SSFIVAE and I have to say GFWL sucks. So I go to start the game and I find out I can't do anything, the screen just wont let me skip anything, and after figuring out which button is the home button, I finally figure out hey I have to put my CD key in, update it, all this other shit (thank god I had an account). The whole update through the game itself works fine for consoles, but when Steam and even fucking Origin update whenever there is a new update it's kinda bleh.

Not to mention when I had to update SSFIVAE through GFWL my processor was maxed out (this is a Core i5 2500k or whatever), and when playing the game I wouldn't even reach 50% on all 4 cores.

GFWL isn't a bad service when it works right, but it faces so many all that they have to do is x and it will be better moments. I also don't get when I put in my CD key, I can't download the game from the GFWL marketplace since the game requires GFWL. Seems pretty fucking pointless since both Steam and Origin allow you to download straight from the client when they require a CD Key.

SSFIVAE is pretty fucking sweet though, especially for the $10 I paid for it. :cool:

Oh I get it now. I thought the Black Emporium thing was an extra DLC bit, but it comes with every clean version of the game (I thought it was DLC, hence it looked like the download was offering half of the preorder bonus DLC). Gotcha.

[quote name='Spokker']I took advantage of the DA bundle the last time it was on sale. I put a hundred hours into DA:O and went through DA2 once. I fucking love these sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm so boosted i found this site for real. Some of the deals are remarkable

[quote name='kidrocklive']The download is 12GB for DAO, is there a clear way of splitting it to put onto dvds or are we supposed to just back it up on an external hd?[/QUOTE]

Most DD sites don't split large files anymore, at least in part because they typically offer unlimited re-downloads. If you want to archive your game, you'll need to either get a file-splitting utility like HJSplit or put it on an HDD.

[quote name='USB Cable']I already have Dragon Age: Origins but I have none of the dlc so I'm grabbing the Ultimate Edition. \\:D/[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Leliana's Song (unless you were one of those people who didn't like her in the base game) and The Stone Prisoner. I also thought Witch Hunt was a pretty nice epilogue to Morrigan's story, although I'm in the minority with that opinion.

[quote name='warreni']I highly recommend Leliana's Song (unless you were one of those people who didn't like her in the base game) and The Stone Prisoner. I also thought Witch Hunt was a pretty nice epilogue to Morrigan's story, although I'm in the minority with that opinion.[/QUOTE]

I liked Leiliana in the base game but what I didn't like was retconning her story, which in the based game she stated took place in Orlais, to take place in Denerim to keep the budget down and rehash an existing area. Almost all the DA:O DLC are like this.

Now I'm not complaining here at $5 for the base game AND all the DLC, that deal is amazing. I just wasn't thrilled with much of the DA DLC. The expansion was decent enough, but the DLC is mostly little extra story bits with rehashed area.

The Stone Prisoner was awesome, but that's because Shale was really part of the base game that they surgically removed to give EA some extra revenue from people who get the game used.

[quote name='Motoki']I liked Leiliana in the base game but what I didn't like was retconning her story, which in the based game she stated took place in Orlais, to take place in Denerim to keep the budget down and rehash an existing area. Almost all the DA:O DLC are like this. [/QUOTE]

Getting kinda OT here, but I disagree with your interpretation of the story. LS was set after her training in Orlais when she was working on secret missions in Denerim on behalf of her mentor.

[quote name='warreni']Getting kinda OT here, but I disagree with your interpretation of the story. LS was set after her training in Orlais when she was working on secret missions in Denerim on behalf of her mentor.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to dig through the dialog to get the exact wording and don't really care that much to try to win some internet argument over it. I will just say that based on memory, the dialog to my interpretation implied her betrayal incident happened in Orlais and then she left or at least that was the impression it gave me. At the time I remember reading other posts about it on the Bioware forums so I wasn't the only one who thought that way.

Regarless I just think it was lazy to just reuse an existing area for some DLC that at the time they were (at the time) charging people for. And most of the DA DLC were setup this way. In terms of gameplay most of them don't really offer anything new. Most of the new content is dialog which just as easily could have been webisodes or something.

[quote name='Motoki']I'd have to dig through the dialog to get the exact wording and don't really care that much to try to win some internet argument over it. I will just say that based on memory, the dialog to my interpretation implied her betrayal incident happened in Orlais and then she left or at least that was the impression it gave me. At the time I remember reading other posts about it on the Bioware forums so I wasn't the only one who thought that way. [/quote]

You may be right about this; I haven't hung around the BioWare forums since the EA takeover rendered them somewhat moot (shortly after the release of Neverwinter Nights 2).

[quote name='Motoki']
Regarless I just think it was lazy to just reuse an existing area for some DLC that at the time they were (at the time) charging people for. And most of the DA DLC were setup this way. In terms of gameplay most of them don't really offer anything new. Most of the new content is dialog which just as easily could have been webisodes or something.[/QUOTE]

If you think that's lazy wait until you play DA2.

FWIW, I felt that some of the DA:O DLCs were really well-done additions to the story that were great if you loved the story content of the base game. I bought "Leliana's Song" and "Witch Hunt" as a la carte purchases before the Ultimate Edition existed and did not regret those purchases.

I think we could start an entire sub-forum on what the purpose of DLC is or should be, but I don't think the intent of most of these was to provide enhanced or alternate gameplay ("The Darkspawn Chronicles" is the only one I can think of that would be an exception to this, but I have no real opinion on it, never having played it personally).

Are the Dragon Age deals steam codes? I'm curious because I have a gaming pc but also a macbook, and if it is on steam than I would think maybe I would get both versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back