Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Davinatorman']Man, that's a really good price on Bioshock 1+2. Does anyone know how bad the drm is for Bioshock?[/QUOTE]

The first BioShock has none, so you won't have any problems with that. BioShock 2 uses GFWL, which wasn't too bad in all honesty. After you dealt with activation keys the only annoying aspect of it was having to update the game (done in-game). You'd get on, update. Restart, followed by a second patch. Other than auto-logging on all sessions, you really don't encounter it too much.

The achievements are handled through GFWL.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I wanted to put this on sale on Friday. The keys we got for Operation Arrowhead didn't work :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So any chance that Arma II CO is coming back on sale? I am looking at trading a few games and do not want to give away too much if it comes back soon.

Great deals but for me it's just a matter of the packs not quite aligning with my particular interests. Now if I could sub base CK2 into the Pint Sized Pack replacing the Majesty games I'd be all over that.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']the game has been a disappointment for rockstar, including all platforms it has only sold half million copies, rockstar games usually sell over 2 millions on its first month so that could be one of the reason why they are selling it that cheap, to be honest the game is not good, at least not me, i gamefly it on the 360 and could not even play for more than 2 hours, that's just me tho[/QUOTE]

The game is fantastic; you can blame the lack of sales on two things

1) Launching the same day as Diablo III
2) The terrible Ad campaign; I had no idea the game was coming out till the week before.

[quote name='hhhdx4']The game is fantastic; you can blame the lack of sales on two things

2) The terrible Ad campaign; I had no idea the game was coming out till the week before.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding?

All I saw was Max Payne ads for like three weeks before it came out.

Which, I actually didn't mind too much. That song was kind of great.

[quote name='hhhdx4']The game is fantastic; you can blame the lack of sales on two things

2) The terrible Ad campaign; I had no idea the game was coming out till the week before.[/QUOTE]

3) Maybe the game isn't quite that fantastic.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Thoughts on The Darkness II for $13?

Also wth is the original still $40, and not available for download (as in anywhere, steam,amazon,etc).[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that The Darkness 1 was only released for the Xbox 360

As far as MP3 goes - With my huge backlog, I think I will wait until the inevitable Steam winter sale where it will probably be in the 66% off or more range I think. Or whenever Tony cuts that kind of deal - whichever comes first. Either way, I can wait... I hope!:bouncy:

Hey Tony, I think you missed it when I posted this earlier, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a Steam key for LA Noire, I bought it last week for a really good deal from you guys, but it wasn't a Steam key. What I paid was less than it was on sale for now but can I pay the difference and get a Steam key?

[quote name='asinglenoob']Hey Tony, I think you missed it when I posted this earlier, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a Steam key for LA Noire, I bought it last week for a really good deal from you guys, but it wasn't a Steam key. What I paid was less than it was on sale for now but can I pay the difference and get a Steam key?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to be possible.

If this changes I'll follow up, but as of right now it isn't likely.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good question,

We wanted to keep everything clean with a 50% off catalog message with the exception of a few choice titles and otherwise drive towards higher value bundle sales.

Customers who just want 1 game can save ~50% but if you want a ton of value we've got the packs for you.

Thanks, Yangwenli both for the kind words and explanation.

Walkonshadows, did this answer your question?

Yes we give you Steam keys for each item, you can do whatever you'd like with these.

Working on it dudes :).

This made me LOL.

Hey James,

Good question that I'm not really sure how to answer. I'm sorry if you feel, like a day 1 adopter, you were let down by a 50% sale on these two games.

Again, I don't have a great response for how to address that other than to let you know it is not our intent to ever make customers feel "screwed". But rather to bring value where we think we can.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Not your fault tony, its just a curious decision by 2k games

[quote name='walkonshadows']Thoughts on The Darkness II for $13?

Also wth is the original still $40, and not available for download (as in anywhere, steam,amazon,etc).[/QUOTE]

It's an all right game imo. I couldn't play it continuously though, but that seems to be the case with me with most single players anyways. If you're comfortable with the price and need something to play then go for it. If you don't mind waiting and already happen to have loads of games on your to-play list then I would wait for it to be cheaper. It's bound to happen (it's been on sale on Amazon quite a few times already).

And the first was never ported for the PC. Only available for the PS3 and the 360.

[quote name='Mooby']3) Maybe the game isn't quite that fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Well, if its not fantastic its really, really, solid. Its a great game, to be honest, but not one without faults... The unskipable cutscenes I imagine will cut down on people playing the SP just to play the single player and the MP, while fun, is dead or dying already (I tried to get into a room the other day (on 360) and there was only 16 people in that entire playlist) so its hard to justify a 60 dollar purchase.

The real surprise in this thread to me is Spec Ops: The Line... It shipped this week, has been getting pretty solid reviews, and whatnot. (Would really have liked to support the game, like I originally intended but I canceled my preorder because I added too many games to my endless backlog this week...) Now it just seems like it would be foolish to buy it right. (My money isn't going to make it a success and I don't have and endless amount of it.)

TotalBiscuit did a first impressions video on Max Payne 3 about a week ago. The bottom line was he felt the developers went overboard on cutscenes, moving a lot of what could have been gameplay sections to non-interactive movies.

[quote name='Ceron']TotalBiscuit did a first impressions video on Max Payne 3 about a week ago. The bottom line was he felt the developers went overboard on cutscenes, moving a lot of what could have been gameplay sections to non-interactive movies.[/QUOTE]

Having never played the first two, I must say I absolutely LOVED Max Payne 3.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
...2. Our price will run through 7/14. You can feel free to wait until their sale does start (if it starts before 7/14) and decide then.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm glad this sale is running for a while. I am very tempted by Spec Ops, but wanted to wait until I got my paycheck later this week. I think I'll just pick up The Sims for now. Amazon has been having some kick ass sales recently.

[quote name='The End']Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that The Darkness 1 was only released for the Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

It was also on the PS3 but I don;t think it came out on PC which is what I think you were saying anyway.

Wow, I go into MP3 multiplayer and the lobbies are empty and I'm thinking something must be wrong as MP can't be this dead already and so I checked the MP3 Steam forums and apparently you need to manually forwards some ports to get the multiplayer working (http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21509312-ports-to-open-in-the-pc-version-of-max-payne-3). The last game I had to screw around with port forwarding was Borderlands when it first came out (subsequently patched later thank god).
What the heck, I thought we were pass having to screw with this crap.

I am very disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pajama_Man']Wow, I go into MP3 multiplayer and the lobbies are empty and I'm thinking something must be wrong as MP can't be this dead already and so I checked the MP3 Steam forums and apparently you need to manually forwards some ports to get the multiplayer working (http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21509312-ports-to-open-in-the-pc-version-of-max-payne-3). The last game I had to screw around with port forwarding was Borderlands when it first came out (subsequently patched later thank god).

I am very disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I didn't have any issues whatsoever.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Weird. I didn't have any issues whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Are you connected directly to your modem or through a router?

The MP matchmaking works for me now after forwarding the ports.

http://portforward.com/

A pain in the rear but it's par for the course in PC gaming :)

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Wow, I go into MP3 multiplayer and the lobbies are empty and I'm thinking something must be wrong as MP can't be this dead already and so I checked the MP3 Steam forums and apparently you need to manually forwards some ports to get the multiplayer working (http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21509312-ports-to-open-in-the-pc-version-of-max-payne-3). The last game I had to screw around with port forwarding was Borderlands when it first came out (subsequently patched later thank god).

I am very disappointed.[/QUOTE]

only problem i had with the multiplayer was staying awake

[quote name='Mooby']3) Maybe the game isn't quite that fantastic.[/QUOTE]

4) Alienate the biggest fans of the franchise by dumping the feel, style, gameplay, and storyline of the prior games in the series. The franchise had a distinct feel. They took a crap all over it. When your franchise's biggest fans say, "Heh, thanks, but no thanks," then all you're left with are casuals and they tend to become disinterested if the hardcore are taking a pass. (Plus, Diablo 3 occupied a lot of most casuals' time.)

5) A monstrous bomb of a movie preceded it.

Advertizing for MP3 seemed ridiculous to me. Not only did I see commercials for it constantly, I got the game basically shoved down my throat every time I walked in GameStop blaring on their monitors, complete with paid actors saying "Oh yeah man, crap dude, the multiplayer is like... soooooo awesome. It's probably the greatest game of all time."

They jazz up MP like that these days because that's what pulls people in. CoD and BF completely altered the market; look at CoD's bootprint on Halo Reach and even more obscure games like War for Cybertron (CoD with robots, yo).

Anyways, Max Payne was a classic. When you reboot it with the new market in mind, the result is only going to be mixed. I haven't played much of the old ones and haven't tried the new one, so I can't say much more than that.

Anyways, Tony, is there any chance you can swing a deal for a Spore bundle? Kinda sucks having everything split up like that if you want it all. Would be nice to see some more competitive Sims 3 prices too (on more titles). Hell, bug EA for a Sims 3 bundle with EVERYTHING for a good price. That's what we're all waiting for!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Forgot about these guys:

Prices flipping soon:

Spore Galactic Adventures - $4.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00486UF1G
Spore Creepy and Cute Parts - $4.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2L48
Spore - $4.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2L3E
The Sims 3 - $9.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00452VGYS

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks Tony, I was able to finally complete my Spore collection.
Also on a side note is it possible to get the Steam code for a copy of Scratches Directors Cut I bought on downloadable Amazon?

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']4) Alienate the biggest fans of the franchise by dumping the feel, style, gameplay, and storyline of the prior games in the series. The franchise had a distinct feel. They took a crap all over it. When your franchise's biggest fans say, "Heh, thanks, but no thanks," then all you're left with are casuals and they tend to become disinterested if the hardcore are taking a pass. (Plus, Diablo 3 occupied a lot of most casuals' time.)

5) A monstrous bomb of a movie preceded it.[/QUOTE]

6) PC Market was very interested in Remedy's long-awaited PC port of Alan Wake...which sold like hotcakes upon its release on Steam, recouping development and marketing costs within 48 hours of its release.
Remedy always has great PC versions - see how Max Payne 1 and 2 on the PC turned out.

EDIT:
Even despite Rockstar doing a Max 3 and not Remedy (the Max series creators), I somehow think Max 3 probably still is going to be pretty good...

[quote name='Mageshadow']Battlefield Bad Company 2 redeem on steam?[/QUOTE]

NO!
That's a EA game.
You can register that on Origin (EA's service), though.

NO EA GAME that's been bought OUTSIDE of Steam has been able to register up on Steam.
You want a EA Game on Steam, buy it directly through Steam...that's if it's even there...

[quote name='Mageshadow']Battlefield Bad Company 2 redeem on steam?[/QUOTE]

It's EA. You know that huge mega company that has their own digital download store with a client that they are aggressively positioning as a Steam competitor and shoving down everyone's throats.

Take a guess.

[quote name='Motoki']It's EA. You know that huge mega company that has their own digital download store with a client that they are aggressively positioning as a Steam competitor and shoving down everyone's throats.

Take a guess.[/QUOTE]

I bet the answer's yes! ;) j/k.

Hey tony, u said a couple of pages back that the Spec ops: the line price will be around till 7/14, is that also true for Max Payne 3 price or does that end sooner?

[quote name='Usarocker']Hey tony, u said a couple of pages back that the Spec ops: the line price will be around till 7/14, is that also true for Max Payne 3 price or does that end sooner?[/QUOTE]

This is in the OP.

MP3 is good until the end of 7/4.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is in the OP.

MP3 is good until the end of 7/4.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

LOL WOW im blind. Yes it is. Thanks!

[quote name='Motoki']It's EA. You know that huge mega company that has their own digital download store with a client that they are aggressively positioning as a Steam competitor and shoving down everyone's throats.

Take a guess.[/QUOTE]

This kind of makes me want to start an EA Origin PC deals thread. Where once every month I bump it to the first page with an overenthusiastic update about Mirror's Edge being on sale for $9.99.

To be honest, this Spec Ops sale really put the game on my radar. I would have no idea otherwise.

Also, I'm looking forward to the THQ pack. It's so great that the idea of bundling a couple games became even bigger!

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Are you connected directly to your modem or through a router?

The MP matchmaking works for me now after forwarding the ports.

http://portforward.com/

A pain in the rear but it's par for the course in PC gaming :)[/QUOTE]

I'm connected to a router. No issues.

Tony has infiltrated the Summer Sale thread on the Steam forums and is undermining the integrity of the forumgoers' wallets as we speak.

Well, Max Payne 3 multiplayer is kinda silly fun. Hard not to be entertained when your guy shouts "HE WAS TRYING TO BUY MORE SAND FOR HIS HOURGLASS. I WASN'T SELLING ANY" when you kill someone.

EFDE027E6B83936FD9D2D3EA8E8645E3F855F548

[quote name='Ceron']Tony has infiltrated the Summer Sale thread on the Steam forums and is undermining the integrity of the forumgoers' wallets as we speak.[/QUOTE]

Lol some of them got upset so I made a hasty retreat! If any of those guys have questions they can pop over here or to 'Gaf and I'll answer them.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol some of them got upset so I made a hasty retreat! If any of those guys have questions they can pop over here or to 'Gaf and I'll answer them.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I glanced through the forum posts looking to see if Valve had broken its radio silence.

Sorry about the reception you received, although most seemed positive about your involvement.

Problem is, as with most gaming/tech communities, there are some fanboys who will react with hostility towards anything that threatens the image of their favorite product/retailer/forum etc.

And providing proactive, quality, and personal customer service unfortunately could threaten the image of Valve (snicker) customer service ;)

7/8 will feature a THQ pack for $14.99 with:

1. Darksiders
2. Metro 2033
3. Nexuiz
4. Red Faction Armageddon
5. Red Faction Armageddon Path to War
6. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

All of which will activate on Steam.

That is locked and loaded so I can confirm it.

Cheers,
Tony
I also noticed Tony posting on the Summer Sale thread on Steam too. Tony, you posted this bundle over there, was wondering if Metro 2033 be on sale individually too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back