Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nategator']I glanced through the forum posts looking to see if Valve had broken its radio silence.

Sorry about the reception you received, although most seemed positive about your involvement.

Problem is, as with most gaming/tech communities, there are some fanboys who will react with hostility towards anything that threatens the image of their favorite product/retailer/forum etc.

And providing proactive, quality, and personal customer service unfortunately could threaten the image of Valve (snicker) customer service ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't take it personally at all. I just remember before I worked in the Video Game industry always wanting as much direct contact as I could possibly get with people working in it...because I am so passionate about it.

I am always surprised when customers don't want that same level of interaction.

No sweat off my back though, I'm happy to continue the conversation with you guys here :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='deviousnaraku']I also noticed Tony posting on the Summer Sale thread on Steam too. Tony, you posted this bundle over there, was wondering if Metro 2033 be on sale individually too?[/QUOTE]

Negative on that. We've had ALOT of $5 sales on Metro. We might do it again but I don't currently have it planned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Ceron']Are there any plans to carry Krater or Legend of Grimrock in the near future Tony?[/QUOTE]

We "have plans" to carry everything :). I'm not sure where we're at with talking to those guys, if we're currently having the conversation at all.

I'll check though.

Cheers,
Tony

Anyone know if you buy the 2k Strategy pack now, and Steam keys become available for the rest of the games (Civ IV and Stronghold) in the next few days, if we'll be eligible to receive Steam keys for those as well?

I'm reading the Steam thread and just laughing my ass off at the idiots there. Guys linking the rules topic which not only says nothing about "advertising", but expressly forbids users from mini-modding. Awesome stuff, lol.

In any case, you have to have agreements with Steam to carry their keys, right Tony? Basically Steam has already gotten money from those keys?

[quote name='Idiotekque']
In any case, you have to have agreements with Steam to carry their keys, right Tony? Basically Steam has already gotten money from those keys?[/QUOTE]

For Steamworks games that seems like something that would be on the end of the publisher.

I'm curious to know what the answer is when it comes to the special deals Tony's been making for non-steamworks games, if he's even at liberty to tell us.

Just a heads up, if you download Spec Ops from Amazon, you will have to re-download the whole thing through Steam...or at least I was forced to.

[quote name='Gluteus']Anyone know if you buy the 2k Strategy pack now, and Steam keys become available for the rest of the games (Civ IV and Stronghold) in the next few days, if we'll be eligible to receive Steam keys for those as well?[/QUOTE]

Quick answer here, negatory, if you want the all steamworks versions wait a day or two and i'll let you know when they are up.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm reading the Steam thread and just laughing my ass off at the idiots there. Guys linking the rules topic which not only says nothing about "advertising", but expressly forbids users from mini-modding. Awesome stuff, lol.

In any case, you have to have agreements with Steam to carry their keys, right Tony? Basically Steam has already gotten money from those keys?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eldredpe']For Steamworks games that seems like something that would be on the end of the publisher.

I'm curious to know what the answer is when it comes to the special deals Tony's been making for non-steamworks games, if he's even at liberty to tell us.[/QUOTE]

I'm unaware of what the relationship is on the publisher/steam side. I only work with the publishers.

[quote name='CheapyD']Just a heads up, if you download Spec Ops from Amazon, you will have to re-download the whole thing through Steam...or at least I was forced to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder Cheapy, adding to the OP!

Cheers,
Tony

Well either way, the asshats on Steam are clueless. Steam has paid contracts with the publishers for the Steam keys, which the publishers then distribute through Amazon. The simple fact is that Steam is directly involved in that process and they're making money (they've already made the money; most likely). Even when it comes to Steamworks games, do you think Steam isn't getting a piece of the pie? Right.

It's just funny seeing people act all high and mighty, "How dare you come on Daddy's (Steam's) forum and advertize for Amazon!" when they're oblivious to the business side of it. If it was actually a problem, Steam would have immediately shut you down there.

Get back on the Steam topic so I can laugh at some more morons, Tony. Pretty please?

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Well, Max Payne 3 multiplayer is kinda silly fun. Hard not to be entertained when your guy shouts "HE WAS TRYING TO BUY MORE SAND FOR HIS HOURGLASS. I WASN'T SELLING ANY" when you kill someone.

[/QUOTE]
hehe nice line, I loved the writing in the first two

[quote name='CheapyD']Just a heads up, if you download Spec Ops from Amazon, you will have to re-download the whole thing through Steam...or at least I was forced to.[/QUOTE]

You could have used the feature "add a non steam game" into steam. I prefer not to make things complex and just use steam for everything.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Quick answer here, negatory, if you want the all steamworks versions wait a day or two and i'll let you know when they are up.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm very interested in this too!

[quote name='Ozonekill']You could have used the feature "add a non steam game" into steam. I prefer not to make things complex and just use steam for everything.[/QUOTE]

For Steamworks games, this usually isn't an option. It's a bit like buying a physical copy and having a pointless DVD.

SO for Max Payne 3 ....

DOes this mean we download 30GB from amazon, acivate on Steam, and REDOWNLOAD it again? That is 60GB out of m250GB Comcast Cap/Month.

Why not just put in the key (like a physical disk) after buying it into steam?

Never bought anything from amazon.... just realizedthese deals.

3$ for X-COM (OO) cool
japan52.gif

[quote name='sjchmura']SO for Max Payne 3 ....

DOes this mean we download 30GB from amazon, acivate on Steam, and REDOWNLOAD it again? That is 60GB out of m250GB Comcast Cap/Month.

Never bought anything from amazon.... just realizedthese deals.[/QUOTE]

You will get a steam code from Amazon, on the key page.

It will ask you if you want to be taken straight to you keys or download after you buy it. If you go straight to your keys you can get a key to put into steam and then download from there.

The download from Amazon is just a different way of getting the game, you shouldn't have to download from steam aswell BUT there is a bug in steam, its the same for installing from DVDs, where it tries to download the game, and not install it from the source.

[quote name='sjchmura']SO for Max Payne 3 ....

Never bought anything from amazon.... just realizedthese deals.[/QUOTE]

How do I register a CD Key to activate a product on Steam?
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

afterwards game appears in your library
you ll figure out the rest

You didn't have to download it from Amazon. The easiest way is to just activate that key on Steam and it will download it for you. Obviously not helpful now but in the future ya know.

[quote name='windsmere']You didn't have to download it from Amazon. The easiest way is to just activate that key on Steam and it will download it for you. Obviously not helpful now but in the future ya know.[/QUOTE]

This. Why are people downloading Steam games from Amazon? It makes no sense. Amazon doesn't update their games, they just give you the 1.0 retail version most of the time.

What you should be doing is taking the key Amazon gives you and plugging it directly into Steam. This is the same if you buy Steamworks games from Gamestop/Impulse, Gamefly/Direct2Drive, Gamersgate, Greenmangaming, Getgamesgo etc etc. Any digital downloads retailers you buy a Steam game from do not download the game from them, just plug the key straight into Steam.

I honestly don't know why these retailers even bother allowing downloads on Steam games since it is basically just a waste of people's time and bandwidth.

oh-you-dog.jpg

[quote name='Motoki']This. Why are people downloading Steam games from Amazon? It makes no sense. Amazon doesn't update their games, they just give you the 1.0 retail version most of the time.
[/QUOTE]
Because some people just got gaming PCs and never used Steam before. Combine this with Amazon prompting you to download the file and you have your answer.

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

Hey guys, I have a question about the Rockstar pack, which I'm considering getting since I haven't played any of those games and have wanted to play most of them for awhile now. Does anybody know if they are compatible with Win7 or at least have patches on Steam to make them operate stable in Win7? Also, is it supposed to be GTA: Vice City instead of Vice City Stories; I assume the answer to this is yes since I don't see Vice City Stories on Steam but just wanted to make sure? Thanks for any help.

[quote name='JanusDS']Hey guys, I have a question about the Rockstar pack, which I'm considering getting since I haven't played any of those games and have wanted to play most of them for awhile now. Does anybody know if they are compatible with Win7 or at least have patches on Steam to make them operate stable in Win7? Also, is it supposed to be GTA: Vice City instead of Vice City Stories; I assume the answer to this is yes since I don't see Vice City Stories on Steam but just wanted to make sure? Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

I've played GTA III and Max Payne 2 on Win7 with no problems at all...so the other GTA games should work fine since it's the same engine. It is supposed to be Vice City and not Vice City Stories, that's a pretty bad fail from Amazon there.

I've heard of compatibility issues with Midnight Club, to the point where it does not work at all on a 64-bit OS, however.

[quote name='JanusDS']Hey guys, I have a question about the Rockstar pack, which I'm considering getting since I haven't played any of those games and have wanted to play most of them for awhile now. Does anybody know if they are compatible with Win7 or at least have patches on Steam to make them operate stable in Win7? Also, is it supposed to be GTA: Vice City instead of Vice City Stories; I assume the answer to this is yes since I don't see Vice City Stories on Steam but just wanted to make sure? Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Stories never game out on PC at all, so its just Vice City. I believe a few pages back explained it is to do with the way the shop site works that it got added, the same as Almagest HD lost the HD part

Most should work on Win 7 but Rockstar games have problems and are bloated. If you are not an experienced PC users you could have problems but there is a site that might help http://pcgamingwiki.com has fixes for lots of games.

Such as for San Andreas http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas
Vice City http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City

Midnight Club 2 works fine on Windows 7 64-bit. Rockstar released a patch (I think last year) that fixed most compatibility issues it had. From Sunghost

Max Payne 2 is meant to work, and is one of the greatest games I have ever played.

Bully I have no idea about.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stephen1212']Bully I have no idea about.[/QUOTE]

Bully runs fine for me, running it on Win 7 x64. I didn't have to do anything just download and install the game directly from Steam

Midnight Club 2 works fine on Windows 7 64-bit. Rockstar released a patch (I think last year) that fixed most compatibility issues it had.

I'll probably buy more but so far I've only bought Spec Ops and I'm really liking it. Shame about all the amateur business analysts (not specifically on here but on other sites I've been reading) out there assuming it must suck because it went on sale.

[quote name='CheapyD']Because some people just got gaming PCs and never used Steam before. Combine this with Amazon prompting you to download the file and you have your answer.

[/QUOTE]

I was actually surprised it prompted me to download. I just went for the code but I can really see that confusing people who are new to Steam or even just not paying attention.

I think they should change that - maybe when a Steam only game is purchased the download link provided by Amazon links directly to Steam instead? I'm sure even Amazon wouldn't mind reducing their bandwidth use for useless downloads.

However, I can see that confusing new people even more.

Aren't the files you download from Amazon the same files you would find on a retail version of the game? Just click on the setup.exe file which would open up Steam and it should start installing the game. I did this for Sword of the Star 2 and it was installing or "downloading" way faster than my internet speed allows.

Or I know this might be a pain and unnecessary, but has anyone tried burning the files to a DVD and install the game from that?

Apologies if this has been asked before. Tony, for the Rockstar Classics pack, why aren't GTAIII and Max Payne included? Will they be bundled together in another sale? Thank you!

[quote name='Saraph']Apologies if this has been asked before. Tony, for the Rockstar Classics pack, why aren't GTAIII and Max Payne included? Will they be bundled together in another sale? Thank you![/QUOTE]

Good question!

When we made the bundle we were still having QA issues with our version of GTAII and Max Payne, which I'm not sure are resolved.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good question!

When we made the bundle we were still having QA issues with our version of GTAII and Max Payne, which I'm not sure are resolved.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response Tony! If you get the QA issues resolved let us know! I would love to buy the whole set. You can make a Rockstar Classics Pack Volume 2! :D

[quote name='Chalk']The first BioShock has none, so you won't have any problems with that. BioShock 2 uses GFWL, which wasn't too bad in all honesty. After you dealt with activation keys the only annoying aspect of it was having to update the game (done in-game). You'd get on, update. Restart, followed by a second patch. Other than auto-logging on all sessions, you really don't encounter it too much.

The achievements are handled through GFWL.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, going to buy it now.

[quote name='CheapyD']Because some people just got gaming PCs and never used Steam before. Combine this with Amazon prompting you to download the file and you have your answer.

[/QUOTE]

i downloaded straight from amazon. still asked for steam keys. either way works and you still get the steam updates. its a win win. same thing right?

[quote name='Slimcea']Hi Tony, just to check - would the Binary Domain deal include the DLC (Dan Marshall + Multiplayer) or just the base game? Is it Steam activable too?[/QUOTE]

Guess you probably missed this in the avalanche of posts, but would just like to find out from you Tony - does Amazon's Binary Domain come with the DLC? If not, will the DLC be on sale too? Really looking to grab this.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Check the OP gents.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, why are the Bioshocks $10 each if you buy separately, but $7.50 for both in the pack?

Also, how is the online community on Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops? Anyone have any insight?

[quote name='Slimcea']Guess you probably missed this in the avalanche of posts, but would just like to find out from you Tony - does Amazon's Binary Domain come with the DLC? If not, will the DLC be on sale too? Really looking to grab this.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the miss. I'm not sure on the DLC, but I know we don't even sell it separately, let me ask OPS.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back