Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drabelincoln']You want it on steam. You buy it on steam. With that said origin isn't bad. I use it and steam both with no issues.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure if Amazon was able to sell both the Origin version and the Steam one. Amazon sells steam codes so I figured no harm in asking.

[quote name='Larce80']mouse + kb controls are horrible, if you want to play a pc game with a controller go ahead[/QUOTE]

I love playing PC games with my controller. What's wrong with using a controller anyway? Best of both worlds power and flexibility with the convenience and ability of being able lean way back and play. Though lately I have been thinking of trying a PS Move navi controller and a mouse. If nothing else just to see if and how it works.

[quote name='Caine']I am considering either Syndicate or BD. Any thoughts? Both look like decent shooters and the price is good.[/QUOTE]

I know I am looking at spec ops ,BD and syndicate. I am so tempted

Edit red the guys review on BD sold on it. Now torn between sydicate or spec ops.

Also is payday the heist expansion bundle ever coming back? I bought the game and was kicking myself for missing the expansion deal

[quote name='gepet0']I know I am looking at spec ops ,BD and syndicate. I am so tempted

Edit red the guys review on BD sold on it. Now torn between sydicate or spec ops.

Also is payday the heist expansion bundle ever coming back? I bought the game and was kicking myself for missing the expansion deal[/QUOTE]

From what I know about Payday is there is no paid expansion out for it. The last update it got was in April but that is free for all. Oddly enough, the Steam page makes no mention of the April update.

Tony,

I bought the 2k Strategy pack on December 24th back before Steam keys were offered for Civ IV complete and The StrongHold Collection.

Is there any way I can request Steam keys for those 2 titles?

[quote name='kidrocklive']Is Origin a nice set up? I don't like the idea of using a bunch of programs (Steam, Origin, Capsule, etc) and try to keep everything on one program. However I don't want to miss a good sale on Amalur. Is there any chance of the steam code version being sold too?[/QUOTE]

IMO, it's not very good. The interface is clunky and a bit ugly and it's nowhere near as user-friendly as Steam. However, with a lot of EA games these days it's the only game in town. At least it's not as weirdly-organized and difficult-to-use as the Desura client.

Generally Amazon is not going to have Steam codes for EA games. This is because EA is heavily promoting Origin so the only way to really get an EA game on Steam is to buy it from Valve and Valve isn't putting all of EA's games on Steam because of a dispute between the two parties regarding DLC distribution.

Hey, Tony, did Amazon get the NFS: Hot Pursuit key issues resolved? I was reading the recent comments on Amazon and a lot of people seemed to be having trouble with non-working keys.

[quote name='The Nephilim']Tony,

I bought the 2k Strategy pack on December 24th back before Steam keys were offered for Civ IV complete and The StrongHold Collection.

Is there any way I can request Steam keys for those 2 titles?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not in this case :(.

[quote name='warreni']IMO, it's not very good. The interface is clunky and a bit ugly and it's nowhere near as user-friendly as Steam. However, with a lot of EA games these days it's the only game in town. At least it's not as weirdly-organized and difficult-to-use as the Desura client.

Generally Amazon is not going to have Steam codes for EA games. This is because EA is heavily promoting Origin so the only way to really get an EA game on Steam is to buy it from Valve and Valve isn't putting all of EA's games on Steam because of a dispute between the two parties regarding DLC distribution.

Hey, Tony, did Amazon get the NFS: Hot Pursuit key issues resolved? I was reading the recent comments on Amazon and a lot of people seemed to be having trouble with non-working keys.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we got them resolved shortly after the issue occurred. We've tested the new batch of keys and can confirm they are good to go.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Unfortunately not in this case :(.

Yes, we got them resolved shortly after the issue occurred. We've tested the new batch of keys and can confirm they are good to go.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Who do I contact if my NFS key didn't work? I'm glad this was posted actually as I completely forgot. Glad it's been resolved.

Tony quick question for you and my apologies if you addressed this recently, but I was not able to find it.

Any traction on Alan Wake American Nightmare to be included in Amazon's DD content?

Thanks for your time, loving the sale.

[quote name='Daf']Hi Tony,

Who do I contact if my NFS key didn't work? I'm glad this was posted actually as I completely forgot. Glad it's been resolved.[/QUOTE]

Is it not working? If you have an issue contact our (Amazon's) CS group.

[quote name='Shrowd']Tony quick question for you and my apologies if you addressed this recently, but I was not able to find it.

Any traction on Alan Wake American Nightmare to be included in Amazon's DD content?

Thanks for your time, loving the sale.[/QUOTE]

It SHOULD be going up next week.

Cheers,
Tony

Just thought I'd chime in for those on the fence about Spec Ops: The Line.

IMO, the game is excellent.

The demo may lead you to believe that it's "just another" 3rd person shooter, but it's so much more than that. The story, choices, and things that happen are excellent. This game will make you think before acting, and make you think long and hard about what you did, or didn't, do.

It's brutal, unrelenting and thought-provoking. Combined with solid shooter mechanics, amazing atmosphere and incredible set pieces, this game is a huge win, IMO.

I bought it for $25 through Amazon on this awesome sale, and I can easily say that I would have been happy paying full price for this game.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just beat the game and came here to type this, and now I'm going to go back to it and play it, making different choices this time.

Thanks Tony for your hard work and excellent sales. It was a slow start but now, the Amazon sales for PC DDs are awesome!

Already bought Spec Ops, MP3, Syndicate, SSFIV:AE, VT4, and coming soon: KoA (I hope the sale doesn't prematurely end because I get paid next week!)

[quote name='vlv723']Thanks Tony for your hard work and excellent sales. It was a slow start but now, the Amazon sales for PC DDs are awesome!

Already bought Spec Ops, MP3, Syndicate, SSFIV:AE, VT4, and coming soon: KoA (I hope the sale doesn't prematurely end because I get paid next week!)[/QUOTE]

:)

Amalur won't prematurely end, however Fall of the Samurai will. Updating OP now but I got my wires crossed with Sega, apparently our 75% off FOTS was only through today, after today through 7/14 it will be 50% off.

Cheers,
Tony

I think i'm done for now. I purchased max payne 3, spec ops, binary, fall of the samurai and the pint sized paradox bundle. I would jump on amalur but i want to get that one on steam so ill wait for it to go on sale there.

[quote name='HornyPony']So is Amalur better with a controller or keyboard? In my experience RPG's are alwasy better with keyboards but with Amalur's combat...[/QUOTE]

I haven't used a controller for KoA, but I found the mouse + keyboard worked just fine in my playthrough. Dodge/rolls are easy and having the extra keys to bind powers to is quite useful.

Hey, I'm new here, and I've been wondering a couple of things about the sale.

1. Does Bulletstorm activate on Steam? I am well aware that it is an EA game(Battlefield 3 taught me that lesson...) but considering it does not activate on Origin, I was wondering if it might activate on Steam? I HIGHLY doubt it, but GFWL is a tough pill to swallow, and I like Steam. :) I am about to purchase it right now with my Gift Card Balance, and I was just wondering.

2. How long will Payday: The Heist be on sale? Any chance it will remain $5 until the 13th(Friday)? That's payday(didn't realize the pun until after I typed it) and I would prefer to buy it then.

Thanks!

[quote name='Koopa777']
1. Does Bulletstorm activate on Steam? I am well aware that it is an EA game(Battlefield 3 taught me that lesson...) but considering it does not activate on Origin, I was wondering if it might activate on Steam? I HIGHLY doubt it, but GFWL is a tough pill to swallow, and I like Steam. :) I am about to purchase it right now with my Gift Card Balance, and I was just wondering.[/QUOTE]

No, it does not activate on Steam

[quote name='Koopa777']
2. How long will Payday: The Heist be on sale? Any chance it will remain $5 until the 13th(Friday)? That's payday(didn't realize the pun until after I typed it) and I would prefer to buy it then.[/QUOTE]

You can bet Payday will be on sale again. If not on Amazon, at least on Steam. The developer is working closely with Valve on a game project plus it's a regular in sales.

[quote name='Koopa777']

1. Does Bulletstorm activate on Steam? I am well aware that it is an EA game(Battlefield 3 taught me that lesson...) but considering it does not activate on Origin, I was wondering if it might activate on Steam? I HIGHLY doubt it, but GFWL is a tough pill to swallow, and I like Steam. :) I am about to purchase it right now with my Gift Card Balance, and I was just wondering.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

No it does not and even if it did activate on steam you would still have to use GFWL.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

It SHOULD be going up next week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That indeed rocks... looking forward to buying it from you. Thanks again. :D

According to amazon reviews people are having key problems with NFS:HP. Anybody here buy it?

edit: nvm, looks like Tony reported that this is resolved

edit2: purchased and activated, all works fine (I had to update the game before activation worked, it could be because I'm behind a proxy right now)

[quote name='Koopa777']Hey, I'm new here, and I've been wondering a couple of things about the sale.

2. How long will Payday: The Heist be on sale? Any chance it will remain $5 until the 13th(Friday)? That's payday(didn't realize the pun until after I typed it) and I would prefer to buy it then.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The Payday sale runs through 7.14.

Cheers,
Tony

I too am aboard the Binary Domain is a fun game train, but I ran into a problem, and I wonder if anyone knows more than I do?

I started off use keyboard, which is fine, but I decided to switch to my controller just because. but the configuration tool won't recognize the triggers on the controller. And the default for the triggers with plug and play were move the camera on the x-axis. shaq-fu. so I went into the tool, and cried.

It's a madcatz black ops controller, and it works for everything else I use it for, like my 360. I couldn't find any madcatz drivers, and I tried calibrating it with the 360 for windows app.

any ideas? thanks.

[quote name='AgentW']I too am aboard the Binary Domain is a fun game train, but I ran into a problem, and I wonder if anyone knows more than I do?

I started off use keyboard, which is fine, but I decided to switch to my controller just because. but the configuration tool won't recognize the triggers on the controller. And the default for the triggers with plug and play were move the camera on the x-axis. shaq-fu. so I went into the tool, and cried.

It's a madcatz black ops controller, and it works for everything else I use it for, like my 360. I couldn't find any madcatz drivers, and I tried calibrating it with the 360 for windows app.

any ideas? thanks.[/QUOTE]

There's some programs you can DL that might help with that.

Joy to Key is pretty popular:

http://www-en.jtksoft.net/

Also, thanks for the NFS speed reminders, had bought the EA racing pack back in may and had not activated on Origin, just activated all four games on origin with no problem.

[quote name='twztid13']But I expect that from a liberal state. Texas is supposed to be the "no taxes" conservative state. Baah![/QUOTE]
Texas has no state income tax though.

Tony, any chance of The Witcher 2 going on sale any time soon? I bought the digital version from Amazon Digital Downloads back in March, but it kept on having an install error, so I had to get a refund. Now that the Enhanced Edition has been released hopefully those errors have been patched. Just curious.

[quote name='JD2']Texas has no state income tax though.[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense: sales taxes are regressive, income taxes are progressive.

[quote name='mitchweaver1']Tony, any chance of The Witcher 2 going on sale any time soon? I bought the digital version from Amazon Digital Downloads back in March, but it kept on having an install error, so I had to get a refund. Now that the Enhanced Edition has been released hopefully those errors have been patched. Just curious.[/QUOTE]

We don't have the rights to sell that game anymore.

We are working on it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Koopa777']1. Does Bulletstorm activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]
No it does not, but you don't want it to either. The Steam version of the game has Steam's DRM added to it (Steam Stub for you crackers) in addition to the GFWL DRM. That forces you to run Steam just to play the game even though it adds nothing to the game's functions. It's just an additional thing to get in the way of running the game. The game's DLC is not even available on Steam.

The Amazon release of the game is the best version of Bulletstorm. It only uses GFWL, and Amazon's terrific download speeds and far superior customer support seal the deal.

I bought Bulletstorm from Amazon last year when Amazon was the first to offer it for $5, and it's one of the best games for $5 I have ever bought.

[quote name='warreni']Makes perfect sense: sales taxes are regressive, income taxes are progressive.[/QUOTE]
While your comment is well outside the scope of this thread, despite your generalized labels, fewer taxes beats more. In addition given the choice between having a sales tax and having an income tax, having a sales tax allows a state or local government to earn more revenue in areas which rely primarily or heavily on tourism and where the local populace has a relatively low average income. There are plenty of places in Texas where that is true. There is nothing progressive about taxing the incomes of the locals when they are poor when you could get the money instead from visiting out of staters/towners.

[quote name='JD2']While your comment is well outside the scope of this thread, despite your generalized labels, fewer taxes beats more. In addition given the choice between having a sales tax and having an income tax, having a sales tax allows a state or local government to earn more revenue in areas which rely primarily or heavily on tourism and where the local populace has a relatively low average income. There are plenty of places in Texas where that is true. There is nothing progressive about taxing the incomes of the locals when they are poor when you could get the money instead from visiting out of staters/towners.[/QUOTE]

That makes no sense. This is not a political comment--this is an economic statement. Income taxes are progressive by definition because they collect more revenue from those who make more money, at least the way income taxes have been traditionally structured, with people in low income brackets paying little or no tax, middle brackets paying a moderate tax, and high brackets paying a high tax. Sales taxes are invariably regressive for two reasons: 1) they are levied on all citizens at an equal rate because they are taxes on the purchase of commodities; and 2) they are generally applied to goods that all citizens require like groceries and gas.

[quote name='KingXtreme81']Just thought I'd chime in for those on the fence about Spec Ops: The Line.

IMO, the game is excellent.

The demo may lead you to believe that it's "just another" 3rd person shooter, but it's so much more than that. The story, choices, and things that happen are excellent. This game will make you think before acting, and make you think long and hard about what you did, or didn't, do.

It's brutal, unrelenting and thought-provoking. Combined with solid shooter mechanics, amazing atmosphere and incredible set pieces, this game is a huge win, IMO.

I bought it for $25 through Amazon on this awesome sale, and I can easily say that I would have been happy paying full price for this game.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just beat the game and came here to type this, and now I'm going to go back to it and play it, making different choices this time.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this - it's a really good game.

I even liked the multiplayer even though I don't care that much for competitive anymore. I was part of the beta they had quite a while ago and the game it much better.

[quote name='warreni']That makes no sense.[/QUOTE]
It makes sense if you know how to read and consider the context. My response was written in the context of your previous reply along with that of the other poster to whom I originally responded (twztid13).
This is not a political comment--this is an economic statement.
Your comment of "makes perfect sense" was most certainly a political statement with your implication being that as a supposedly conservative state Texas would implement an unfair tax (sales) as opposed to a more fair one (income) especially given the reply of the original poster to whom I responded (twztid13) who wrote "But I expect that from a liberal state. Texas is supposed to be the "no taxes" conservative state. Baah!" Therefore, the use of "progressive" in my response was in this political context.
Income taxes are progressive by definition because they collect more revenue from those who make more money
Yes, in a purely economic sense a progressive tax is one in which the tax rate increases with the base. I don't disagree with that, but you missed my point. I personally don't care about politics. The reason I replied was to point out to you and the original poster that the fairness and motivations behind taxes aren't so absolute just because of some generalized labels like "regressive" or "progressive" slapped on them.
Sales taxes are invariably regressive for two reasons: 1) they are levied on all citizens at an equal rate because they are taxes on the purchase of commodities; and 2) they are generally applied to goods that all citizens require like groceries and gas.
Since you want to argue economic semantics, sales taxes usually aren't actually regressive because they are flat, i.e. the tax rate doesn't decrease with the base. Your points one and two are irrelevant with regards to the technical definition of regressive, i.e. decreasing in rate as the base increases.

I'm hearing a lot of rumours of people being able to activate the Tomb Raider Underworld keys in Steam. Can anyone please confirm?

[quote name='JD2']

I bought Bulletstorm from Amazon last year when Amazon was the first to offer it for $5, and it's one of the best games for $5 I have ever bought.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

Just got around to playing Bulletstorm and it is a CRACKING game, really fun with a juvenile sense of humor, so it suits me too a T

[quote name='Zipomatic2']Agreed!

Just got around to playing Bulletstorm and it is a CRACKING game, really fun with a juvenile sense of humor, so it suits me too a T[/QUOTE]

The dialogue is crass but one of the best parts of the game. I also liked the beautiful scenery and the feel of the weapon damage. FWIW, I bought it digital off the IGN store awhile back and they were bought by gamefly so I lost my ability to download it. I posted on the Epic forum and a mod/Epic rep got back to me with a sealed copy, T-shirt, and grayson action figure! That made me love Epic even more than I already do. :bow:

[quote name='RobinYoHood']How do people like Crusader kings? From the descriptions it seems fun and so far Civ 5 has completely hooked me in.[/QUOTE]

Crusader Kings II is an unbelievably fun RTS game - IF and its a Big IF - you are willing to spend the time to learn the game. I took about a week watching videos to learn the game before diving in. I know that seems like a lot, but really these Paradox games are not for pansies...:twisted:

What I am trying to say is that CK2 is a fun RTS for me because it challenges my intellect in a way that really stretches me. These Paraodox RTS games take a lot of thinking your way through your goals - but isnt that why most of us love RTS in the first place, or am I the only one? :lol:

Here is a good place to start for CK2 if you have never played any the massive in depth RTS games from paradox. http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/File:Crusader_Kings_2_-_Guide_For_Newbies_-_Part_1_-_Intro

There are approximately 9-10 videos. They really helped clarify what my focus should be and how to make it happen.

In a sense, I have caught the Paraodox RTS bug and I look forward to playing the rest of Paradoxes RTS catalog - when and if I get board with CK2.

Hope this helps.

Really wanted to get KOA for steam but might just bite on origin sale since who knows what's going to happen with steam summer sale. That game may or not be same price on that sale.

Quick question since steam version 38 studios was publisher vs everywhere else EA published, any difference on DRM? Do both origin and steam versions have same drm or did EA pile on more drm?

I didn't see it in the original post but I noticed that "Payday: The Heist" is on sale for $5. Does anyone know if that's a good deal? It's currently $19.99 on Steam.

[quote name='jester55']Crusader Kings II is an unbelievably fun RTS game - IF and its a Big IF - you are willing to spend the time to learn the game. I took about a week watching videos to learn the game before diving in. I know that seems like a lot, but really these Paradox games are not for pansies...:twisted:

What I am trying to say is that CK2 is a fun RTS for me because it challenges my intellect in a way that really stretches me. These Paraodox RTS games take a lot of thinking your way through your goals - but isnt that why most of us love RTS in the first place, or am I the only one? :lol:

Here is a good place to start for CK2 if you have never played any the massive in depth RTS games from paradox. http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/File:Crusader_Kings_2_-_Guide_For_Newbies_-_Part_1_-_Intro

There are approximately 9-10 videos. They really helped clarify what my focus should be and how to make it happen.

In a sense, I have caught the Paraodox RTS bug and I look forward to playing the rest of Paradoxes RTS catalog - when and if I get board with CK2.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this!

I originally picked up CKII because I heard the Game of Thrones mod was awesome and I definitely want to learn how to play the game itself before I dive into it.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I didn't see it in the original post but I noticed that "Payday: The Heist" is on sale for $5. Does anyone know if that's a good deal? It's currently $19.99 on Steam.[/QUOTE]

It seems almost every time it's on sale its right around $5. I picked it up for that much when Amazon first had it on sale. It's a fun game, especially if you can get some friends involved.

[quote name='kaydigi']Hey Tony, Sonic 4 Episode 2 is still full price, will it be dropping.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the answer will be "no," but I am also curious about this. $12.49 is a great price if you don't have all three games, but I already have Sonic Episode One. I'd probably snap up episode 2 if it was on sale and offered separately. Sonic CD is also still at full price, but at only $5.00 it's already a bargain and still gives plenty of bang for the buck IMO.

[quote name='jester55']Crusader Kings II is an unbelievably fun RTS game - IF and its a Big IF - you are willing to spend the time to learn the game. I took about a week watching videos to learn the game before diving in. I know that seems like a lot, but really these Paradox games are not for pansies...:twisted:

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

The first video already gave me much more insight into it than I had after an hour of clicking around, can't wait to finish so I can actually enjoy the game. Thanks.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I didn't see it in the original post but I noticed that "Payday: The Heist" is on sale for $5. Does anyone know if that's a good deal? It's currently $19.99 on Steam.[/QUOTE]

For the first couple of months it was hard to find this one on sale at all, but $5 is the sale price it's been at least twice now. Well worth it. If you can find four people interested on the Steam trade thread you could do the 4 pack and get it for $3.75.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back