Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Luckz']That's because the Raptr guys are super lazy/silly.

Why would you want the base game if there's FotS?

The Shogun 2 FotS sale suddenly ending really spoiled my summer ;D
Kept thinking "still have weeks to buy it", now it's just over.[/QUOTE]

The base game is better than FOTS.

I can see why some are "holding off a bit" Tony. When the sale launched I only bought Max Payne 3.

I got paid yesterday but even though I had the money at the begining of the sale I wanted to wait for payday.

Got the Square Enix bundle, Bioshock pack and Burnout the ultimate box today.

Now to enjoy it all. Gladly I have a 3 day weekend from workout. Gotta love when the schedule works in your favor.

[quote name='Corpekata']The base game is better than FOTS.[/QUOTE]

I concur, the base game is different than FOTS. I bought FOTS but now want the base game before diving in.... So any sale on the base game coming up?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry about that man, I was totally bummed when I realized the error, especially since it was like, the day before the price went back to 50% off.

I've gone through the list and checked the emails back and forth, everything else is good to go. Question though, I'm unclear as to what "holding off a bit" means.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I already bought some but others Im waiting to compare with steam(should have at least 2 days to do so).

[quote name='soccerboy09']I can see why some are "holding off a bit" Tony. When the sale launched I only bought Max Payne 3.

I got paid yesterday but even though I had the money at the begining of the sale I wanted to wait for payday.

Got the Square Enix bundle, Bioshock pack and Burnout the ultimate box today.

Now to enjoy it all. Gladly I have a 3 day weekend from workout. Gotta love when the schedule works in your favor.[/QUOTE]

Your explanation I understand in the context given.

Maybe I was using the wrong intonation in my head when I read Larce's.

I read it as "I hope no other sales end prematurely and I'm holding off to see if any do", this makes no sense to me.

If I should have read it as "I'm holding off buying anything for a couple of days, so I really hope none of these sales that I'm interested in end prematurely" then I understand the comment and retract my confusion.

Whoever invents the tool that allows humans to clearly communicate tone in casual writing on the internet is going to become a billionaire over night...fact.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Larce80']I already bought some but others Im waiting to compare with steam(should have at least 2 days to do so).[/QUOTE]

You are a ninja and I hate you :) (this was sarcasm obviously).

Deleting my previous post.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You are a ninja and I hate you :) (this was sarcasm obviously).

Deleting my previous post.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3 is fantastic. I'm somewhere around halfway through the game at this point.

Been a busy week with my sister-in-law's marriage and the usual work/family grind.

Those THQ/Square/EA packs are great. I have most all of those games, but great for new people just coming into PC gaming!

Hi Tony,

Any way we can get a sale on Civ V GOTY by itself? I know it goes on sale often but my nephew is just getting into PC Gaming and put this on his wishlist. I could buy the 2k pack but I have CIV IV already so it doesn't seem of much value to me.

[quote name='pROvIs']Hi Tony,

Any way we can get a sale on Civ V GOTY by itself? I know it goes on sale often but my nephew is just getting into PC Gaming and put this on his wishlist. I could buy the 2k pack but I have CIV IV already so it doesn't seem of much value to me.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, we've only got the 50% off a la carte pricing planned for this month.

Cheers,
Tony

Wasn't Civ IV from 2k strategy pack non-steam activate few days ago? Has that changed now? I'm asking this because it no longer specifies.

[quote name='lilseung']Wasn't Civ IV from 2k strategy pack non-steam activate few days ago? Has that changed now? I'm asking this because it no longer specifies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we were working on getting Steam codes for the Strategy, Mega, and Shooter Packs. We were able to do so for everything except CivCity Rome.

Unfortunately we weren't able to get the Civilization Dual pack working in time for the sale.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Rosterking']is fall of samauri the base game and addon?[/QUOTE]

Fall of the Samurai should be a stand-alone expansion pack, sorta like Napoleon was for Empire. Don't need the base game to play it, but you can't play the base game if you don't own it separately.

Tony,

I just bought the 2k Mega Pack assuming all but Civ City Rome would be steam activatable but I didnt get codes at all for Bioshock 1, Civ IV, or Strong Hold Collection. Can you please clarify this? This would have been a deal breaker for me.

Thanks!

[quote name='pROvIs']Tony,

I just bought the 2k Mega Pack assuming all but Civ City Rome would be steam activatable but I didnt get codes at all for Bioshock 1, Civ IV, or Strong Hold Collection. Can you please clarify this? This would have been a deal breaker for me.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I guess you probably bought the wrong version?

All steam redeemable except CIV city
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW607G/

All steam redeemable except CIV city, Bioshock 1&2, Civ IV and Strong Hold Collection
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OF19NM/

[quote name='pROvIs']Tony,

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='pinkgun']I guess you probably bought the wrong version?

All steam redeemable except CIV city
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW607G/

All steam redeemable except CIV city, Bioshock 1&2, Civ IV and Strong Hold Collection
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OF19NM/[/QUOTE]

How did you navigate to the pack?

In the OP I link to this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW607G

This is also what we're merchandising on the Sale Page in "Featured Items".

In any case, it sounds like you bought the wrong pack.

Email, Chat, or Call CS. Explain the situation, they should refund your purchase and then you can buy the correct one. Make sure to click on this link:

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']How did you navigate to the pack?

In the OP I link to this:

This is also what we're merchandising on the Sale Page in "Featured Items".

In any case, it sounds like you bought the wrong pack.

Email, Chat, or Call CS. Explain the situation, they should refund your purchase and then you can buy the correct one. Make sure to click on this link:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Will do, thanks. I didn't realize there were two packs and a search for 2k mega pack only brought that one up. The item didn't say steam or otherwise so I thought there was only one pack with steam versions.

[quote name='pROvIs']Will do, thanks. I didn't realize there were two packs and a search for 2k mega pack only brought that one up. The item didn't say steam or otherwise so I thought there was only one pack with steam versions.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Dude, thanks for the info! I'm going to suppress the other one from search right now.

Cheers,
Tony

As much as I am loving max payne 3 I have only one gripe.

Im more than half way in but it seems every time i go to aim max defaults to the over the left shoulder view. I know other games have the option to change shoulder (shoulder swapping) but I cant find a way to change it on the fly.

I have to get to cover look over the right then back out for him to aim over the right. Then after a minute or 2 of running around. He starts to default to the left again. I like games that implement shoulder swapping for on the fly looking around corners and multiplayer. but not being able to change it an defaulting to the least comfortable is quiet annoying.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Try looking in the controls. I played the 360 version but I think I do recall an option to switch the view on the fly.[/QUOTE]

Yea as soon as I tabbed back in I decided to dig in the settings and found it. Saw your post when I tabbed back out to delete. Thank you though.

If anyone gets that THQ bundle but doesn't want Red Faction, hit me up, would like to snag it for cheap. Would prefer a trade if possible rather than paypal.

I was looking on Steam forums and someone with a non-Steam Tomb Raider Underworld key contacted Amazon support and they issued them a Steam key, might want to try that if you're an early purchaser.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']THQ Bundle is live:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I6NTVK/

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

Both of the THQ links on the front page are malformed. They resolve to "http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/www.amazon.com/dp/B008I6NTVK/", which just gives a 404 error here at CAG.

Also: Looking at the product pages, it seems that everything in the pack is Steamworks-enabled. Can you verify whether the whole pack is 100% Steam, or whether any of the titles are standalone? Thanks.

[quote name='kiwimonster']The THQ bundle pictures GFWL are they those or can I activate steam? lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']Games for Windows does not equal Games for Windows Live.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kiwimonster']Oops maybe I am drunk my bad![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Tony,

Both of the THQ links on the front page are malformed. They resolve to "http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/www.amazon.com/dp/B008I6NTVK/", which just gives a 404 error here at CAG.[/QUOTE]

Thanks fixed links. All activate on Steam btw :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapyD']Doh, I broke the first rule of CAG video game deals :ziplip:
Well, the important thing is that I got it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Taking food off my table Cheapy :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I was looking on Steam forums and someone with a non-Steam Tomb Raider Underworld key contacted Amazon support and they issued them a Steam key, might want to try that if you're an early purchaser.[/QUOTE]
I'll try this, thanks.

[quote name='ev768']I'll try this, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm also trying this - already emailed them. Will report back.

Also, lol @ CheapyD; finding the bargains before anyone else could :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad I checked this lol...this isn't supposed to go live until 7/12. Fixing now.

Sorry guys, 4 more days!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Be sure to at least play through to the snowy mountain stage. I forgot the name, but the actual race is pretty memorable. Cool game, now that it's patched to run well.

Turn V-sync off in the game, otherwise your are stuck at 30fps. You can still enable it in your graphics card options to get whatever your monitor can handle, usually 60fps.

Hi,

I'm based in the UK so I can't pick up these deals, would anybody be willing to help me out with an XCOM bundle? I can Paypal.

PM me if you can help.

Ta!

Edit - sorted now, thanks!

[quote name='Ceron']The link on the front page for the THQ Bundle is incorrect. Currently it directs you to the EA Bundle.[/QUOTE]

Whoops fixed.

Cheers,
Tony

okay, so i'm an AMD card user AND an AMD CPU user with Binary Domain. the card i have, 5770, has the occasional problem with shadows at times in other games so i just set it to low, just in case. everything else is on the best settings possible. my CPU's a hexacore so i doubt there's gonna be any problems on that front, and i just finished the spider boss. can safely say that this game runs damned smooth and i have no idea what people were complaining about with the AMD cards. there was lag once or twice with the spider boss but that was reasonable - over a dozen missiles get launched in my area and yeah, a lot of changes occur. that's fine. it was slow for a second or two then back to its 60FPS, which it constantly has no problem with doing.

so yeah, the problems are completely overstated. now my computer's pretty beefy, but the vid card is hardly something you'd consider new and it had no problems. the game also just *feels* right with the shooting mechanics and the way cover works; no more of that dumb "shoot behind cover -> move to shoot behind cover" kind of style that's gotten way too popular, the game is perfectly fine with you running and gunning and even approves of it with your teammates.

[quote name='DarkZero104']okay, so i'm an AMD card user AND an AMD CPU user with Binary Domain. the card i have, 5770, has the occasional problem with shadows at times in other games so i just set it to low, just in case. everything else is on the best settings possible. my CPU's a hexacore so i doubt there's gonna be any problems on that front, and i just finished the spider boss. can safely say that this game runs damned smooth and i have no idea what people were complaining about with the AMD cards. there was lag once or twice with the spider boss but that was reasonable - over a dozen missiles get launched in my area and yeah, a lot of changes occur. that's fine. it was slow for a second or two then back to its 60FPS, which it constantly has no problem with doing.

so yeah, the problems are completely overstated. now my computer's pretty beefy, but the vid card is hardly something you'd consider new and it had no problems. the game also just *feels* right with the shooting mechanics and the way cover works; no more of that dumb "shoot behind cover -> move to shoot behind cover" kind of style that's gotten way too popular, the game is perfectly fine with you running and gunning and even approves of it with your teammates.[/QUOTE]

It might be only certain AMD GPUs that are affected. With my 7970 the framerate drops to 40 FPS in most combat situations, and sometimes lower than that.. drivers haven't made any difference so far. In any case, I haven't heard of anyone with a Radeon HD 7000 series GPU that can run the game smoothly, it affects all of those cards AFAIK.

[quote name='ev768']I'll try this, thanks.[/QUOTE]
Here is the email I sent:

Hi, I bought the Square Enix bundle and the Tomb Raider: Underworld key did not activate with steam. However, the bundle has since been updated and now the keys DO activate on steam. This has been confirmed by an Amazon representative as seen here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9763302&postcount=5652

Is it possible for you to send me a new Tomb Raider: Underworld key that activates on steam?

Thank you.

Here was the response I got back:

Hello,

I'm sorry about the trouble you had with "Tomb Raider Underworld".

I have researched our website and can confirm you this game's not steam enabled and doesn't require any steam activation.

Also, please be informed that the statement posted is not from Amazon official Rep. Amazon.com does not comment about rumors or speculative news reports.

However, I've reported this to our technical team, and they're working on taking care of it.

I'll write back to you once I get an update from the technical team in 2-3 business days.

I understand that asking you to wait further would add to your inconvenience, please do understand that our team is already looking into this issue and resolving such issues is on our priority.

I'm sorry I couldn't resolve the issue right away. I appreciate your patience and understanding towards this issue.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

[quote name='ev768']Here is the email I sent:

Hi, I bought the Square Enix bundle and the Tomb Raider: Underworld key did not activate with steam. However, the bundle has since been updated and now the keys DO activate on steam. This has been confirmed by an Amazon representative as seen here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9763302&postcount=5652

Is it possible for you to send me a new Tomb Raider: Underworld key that activates on steam?

Thank you.

Here was the response I got back:

Hello,

I'm sorry about the trouble you had with "Tomb Raider Underworld".

I have researched our website and can confirm you this game's not steam enabled and doesn't require any steam activation.

Also, please be informed that the statement posted is not from Amazon official Rep. Amazon.com does not comment about rumors or speculative news reports.

However, I've reported this to our technical team, and they're working on taking care of it.

I'll write back to you once I get an update from the technical team in 2-3 business days.

I understand that asking you to wait further would add to your inconvenience, please do understand that our team is already looking into this issue and resolving such issues is on our priority.

I'm sorry I couldn't resolve the issue right away. I appreciate your patience and understanding towards this issue.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
[/QUOTE]

Apparently Tony isn't an official Amazon rep ;). My advice would be to try to talk to a different customer service rep, there are always going to be ones that don't know what they're talking about when dealing with any customer service, including Amazon's.

My guess is the original Square Enix pack did NOT activate on Steam, but the current one did (I'm assuming you bought the earlier pack from the sale a few weeks back from your message?).

I get that from this info:
"...However, the bundle has since been updated..."

Probably have to find a diff rep willing to ok it. It may also have to do with Square if they are willing to re-issue keys.

[quote name='yangwenli']My guess is the original Square Enix pack did NOT activate on Steam, but the current one did (I'm assuming you bought the earlier pack from the sale a few weeks back from your message?).

I get that from this info:
"...However, the bundle has since been updated..."

Probably have to find a diff rep willing to ok it. It may also have to do with Square if they are willing to re-issue keys.
[/QUOTE]

The original Square Enix pack had steam keys for each game except for TR:U. The pack has been put on sale again and now comes with a steam key for TR:U. Some of us that bought the game from the previous sale wanted to know if it was possible to get a steam key for the game. A fellow CAG said that someone on the Steam forums was able to get a steam key for the game by sending an email to Amazon. That's what I tried to do, and posted the response I got.

[quote name='yangwenli']My guess is the original Square Enix pack did NOT activate on Steam, but the current one did (I'm assuming you bought the earlier pack from the sale a few weeks back from your message?).

[/QUOTE]

How "current" are you assuming? I purchased the Square Enix Ultimate Collection on July 5th (so 3 days ago), and just tried activating it on steam - nope doesnt work!

[quote name='ev768']The original Square Enix pack had steam keys for each game except for TR:U. The pack has been put on sale again and now comes with a steam key for TR:U. [/QUOTE]

^See my post above

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back