Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, boo. I didn't even think of that when the 25% sale was happening. Just have the 20% coupon. Hmmm. These aren't region-locked or anything? I've never bought anything from GMG - just grabbed whatever freebies they've had. I think I bought Just Cause 2 from Got Games and plugged it into Steam and bought Assassin's Creed 2 from some Euro-site. Too many darn downloadable stores!

[quote name='DirkBelig']Oh, boo. I didn't even think of that when the 25% sale was happening. Just have the 20% coupon. Hmmm. These aren't region-locked or anything? I've never bought anything from GMG - just grabbed whatever freebies they've had. I think I bought Just Cause 2 from Got Games and plugged it into Steam and bought Assassin's Creed 2 from some Euro-site. Too many darn downloadable stores![/QUOTE]
I think it usually says what regions are supported on each product page.

[quote name='Seraphym']How does the price matching work? Do I need to talk to CS or does Tony just update the prices super quick?[/QUOTE]
It works, or it doesn't. CS doesn't price match, but you can fill out that little "See it cheaper somewhere else?" button thing on the product page and it may be adjusted.

Or Tony may do it.

It's pretty random from what I've seen.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I think it usually says what regions are supported on each product page.[/QUOTE]All they have is Battlefield 3 Premium (NA). Does the (NA) = North America? Don't see anything else declaring one way or another.

Alright Tony, bought Sniper Elite V2. I think you guys have completely eaten Steam's lunch, at this point. Fantastic.

I may still pop back in for Reckoning. Already have it for Xbox 360, may just stick with that.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Oh, boo. I didn't even think of that when the 25% sale was happening. Just have the 20% coupon. Hmmm. These aren't region-locked or anything? I've never bought anything from GMG - just grabbed whatever freebies they've had. I think I bought Just Cause 2 from Got Games and plugged it into Steam and bought Assassin's Creed 2 from some Euro-site. Too many darn downloadable stores![/QUOTE]

They announced a while back they made an agreement with EA to sell to the US. Also GMG will block you from even pulling up the game's page if they aren't able to sell in your region. If you click through a link on their page and it comes up 404 not found that's probably them blocking you. They actually do a pretty good job of keeping people from buying things they aren't supposed to be able to get from them.

All that being said, if you want some more confirmation you can always go to their forums and ask.

Hey guys,

So our Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames
Is about to hit 100K people.

As a milestone celebration we've got some publishing partners that are going to participate in giveaways.

The first one is THQ with a "Special Ops Vehicle Pack" FOR Saint's Row The Third.

The thing is, they sent us a TON of codes so I thought I'd share the love here, on Reddit, and on Neogaf.

I'll likely just list a bunch of keys here in the thread, but I'm open to making this more fun and less likely for people to grab them in bulk and then not use them for themselves.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this?

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, just straight up posting a list of keys would probably be a bad idea. Maybe randomly PM them to people in the thread or have people send you a PM if they want to be 'entered' at a chance to get a key?

I would do a raffle or something. Then again, I see on the neogaf thread that you likely have more than enough for everyone that owns the game.

Even if there's no need for a raffle I'd still do a 'request one via PM' unless that's just too much of a hassle for Tony. Otherwise, as noted, you run the risk of some dude grabbing a bunch of codes/giving/selling them off.

[quote name='Mooby']Yeah, just straight up posting a list of keys would probably be a bad idea. Maybe randomly PM them to people in the thread or have people send you a PM if they want to be 'entered' at a chance to get a key?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jatan11t']I would do a raffle or something. Then again, I see on the neogaf thread that you likely have more than enough for everyone that owns the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DropZite']But that would be the easiest to do, hosting a contest of some sort would require a lot of time to do and organize.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm reticent to just straight up post a list. My concern there is that people will grab like 50 of them and then for the next 6 months I'll see:

"Steam Games for sale: Saint's Row the Third Special Ops Vehicle DLC ($1)"

In people's signatures.

I like the random PM/contest idea. Thoughts on contests?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']Even if there's no need for a raffle I'd still do a 'request one via PM' unless that's just too much of a hassle for Tony. Otherwise, as noted, you run the risk of some dude grabbing a bunch of codes/giving/selling them off.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, see my post above. I'll keep chewing on it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Agreed, see my post above. I'll keep chewing on it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, you could do what alot of us do, use the SteamGifts.com site, put the codes in one massive giveaway, and set the giveaway to only be viewable by those in the CAG Steam Group here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9775200#post9775200

That way everything is automatic, you could also just do a regular giveaway and just set it to be open public, that is anyone with a Steam account can enter. it's real easy.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, you could do what alot of us do, use the SteamGifts.com site, put the codes in one massive giveaway, and set the giveaway to only be viewable by those in the CAG Steam Group here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9775200#post9775200

That way everything is automatic, you could also just do a regular giveaway and just set it to be open public, that is anyone with a Steam account can enter. it's real easy.[/QUOTE]

Is the DLC steam keys? I assume all SR3 is steamworks?

If I had the game I would want one, but I only have it on Onlive and I have no clue how the DLC works in Onlive.

So far I have resisted Spec Ops and Binary Domain, but I think I will be weak for Sniper Elite. I've been having an urge to go toe to toe with Hitler again since Wolf 3D.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

As a milestone celebration we've got some publishing partners that are going to participate in giveaways.

The first one is THQ with a "Special Ops Vehicle Pack" FOR Saint's Row The Third.

The thing is, they sent us a TON of codes so I thought I'd share the love here, on Reddit, and on Neogaf.

I'll likely just list a bunch of keys here in the thread, but I'm open to making this more fun and less likely for people to grab them in bulk and then not use them for themselves.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So, does this mean Saints Row: The Third is going to be on sale soon at a killer price...? ;)

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, you could do what alot of us do, use the SteamGifts.com site, put the codes in one massive giveaway, and set the giveaway to only be viewable by those in the CAG Steam Group here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9775200#post9775200

That way everything is automatic, you could also just do a regular giveaway and just set it to be open public, that is anyone with a Steam account can enter. it's real easy.[/QUOTE]

That is not a bad idea at all. I actually have been talking to the guy who is running the Amazon Steamgifts group.

I'm going to do that :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']So, does this mean Saints Row: The Third is going to be on sale soon at a killer price...? ;)[/QUOTE]

Hah I hope so!

I really want to pick up Sniper Elite V2. I loved the first one though all of the reviews are less than stellar for this new one...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is the DLC steam keys? I assume all SR3 is steamworks?

If I had the game I would want one, but I only have it on Onlive and I have no clue how the DLC works in Onlive.

So far I have resisted Spec Ops and Binary Domain, but I think I will be weak for Sniper Elite. I've been having an urge to go toe to toe with Hitler again since Wolf 3D.[/QUOTE]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/55398/

Also, Tony, noone who doesn't already own the base game can register for the giveaway on that site, and to reg a Steam account there and participate in any giveaway, the account has to have over $100 value, so that should take care of your worries of poachers and whatnot.

Hmm... I'd like one of those Saints Row 3 DLC keys, but I quit the CAG group.

I've been getting random friend requests from Russian accounts every since I signed up for that thing. It never stopped, even after I quit the group. Mostly Team Fortress 2 players, which I played maybe 5 games of that total.

So really, it may not have even been that group. My profile link is below.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LaserBlastKing

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That is not a bad idea at all. I actually have been talking to the guy who is running the Amazon Steamgifts group.

I'm going to do that :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Okay...what is this Steamgifts group...?
[eyebrow raised]

Great..I feel like a no0b...

Yes, SR:TT Sale, please. Don't forget the DLC while you're at it (that's what I need). I'm holding out on buying the many many pieces of Saint's Row The Third DLC until I see a good sale thanks to its over-abundance and dubious value. :lol:

[quote name='hal']Yes, SR:TT Sale, please. Don't forget the DLC while you're at it (that's what I need). I'm holding out on buying the many many pieces of Saint's Row The Third DLC until I see a good sale thanks to its over-abundance and dubious value. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh, good point...
I'd like to see SR:TT - Season Pass go on sale, too!

I still need SR3 first, though... ;)

Steamgifts is a cool idea, but doooon't make it public. That would pretty much kill it entirely. There's already a CAG Steam group, and if not that, an Amazon Steam group would be great (so that it would apply further to the regulars of this thread).

Shame I haven't grabbed SR3 yet. It was for sale for $16 last time? I almost grabbed it, but I've still been holding out for a better price + Steam activated (I don't believe it was Steam last time; I could be wrong).

Any chance you could give us any hints of other giveaways? Maybe for games and not just DLC? Hell, just have giveaways for SR3. :)

[quote name='hal']Yes, SR:TT Sale, please. Don't forget the DLC while you're at it (that's what I need). I'm holding out on buying the many many pieces of Saint's Row The Third DLC until I see a good sale thanks to its over-abundance and dubious value. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Not sure if Amazon can beat the upcoming Steam sale.. $15 for SR3 + all DLC.

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/15347

Wouldn't a SteamGifts giveaway just make it easier for people to trade their codes later on? If they're all out in the open, no one could possibly save it for later and hope to not have it used by someone else in the meantime. Either way, people would only get 1 code max.

Something cooler would be to have a scavenger hunt type thing. Clue leads you to some game page on Amazon, where there just so happens to be a Special Offer link to a list of 500 codes. Repeat some time later with a new clue and a new list of codes, until all are gone. I don't know if Amazon's systems could be manipulated to handle that, but if so that would drive more gaming traffic to your site, and you could put the offers on game pages you'd like to highlight.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
Shame I haven't grabbed SR3 yet. It was for sale for $16 last time? I almost grabbed it, but I've still been holding out for a better price + Steam activated (I don't believe it was Steam last time; I could be wrong).
[/QUOTE]
The game uses Steamworks so it's always steam activated, wherever you buy it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

We regularly do giveaways on our Steam group as well:

Trader's Guild - Steam group

TG Radio - new site

If you like we could host a radio giveaway for it, we recently did that when we hit the 10k members mark and it was a blast. Aside from the radio giveaway, we could do the live chat giveaway as well on our Chat room. Of course credits and the people / company responsible would be named.

Let me know if you're interested in doing this..

PS Also if you would check out the announcement section in the group, you'll notice that we regularly post announcement about new Amazon deals as well. :D

Meh, I'd rather not have to sign up to yet another website. Note I have no interest in the SR3 DLC (since I don't own the game) but just in case the other giveaways are actually something I might want I'd prefer it to be through the CAG forum and not require me to sign up with Steamgifts.

Just one man's opinion. Of course, if it's the most expedient way for Tony and everyone else, c'est la vie~

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']The game uses Steamworks so it's always steam activated, wherever you buy it.[/QUOTE]
Got it, thanks.

Now to see if Tony can beat that Steam sale. ;)

Keep it simple, please. I really don't want to sign up for half a dozen steam groups, or visit multiple websites, or set up thirty accounts, or listen to podcasts just to get a shot at some cheap DLC.

Tbh Steamgifts under a single group seems to be the simplest, fairest way to do it. I don't care how it goes either way, but if it's something like "PM certain people" it's just going to leave a bad taste in a lot of mouths, I'd imagine.

[quote name='buckythekat']is Sniper Elite V2 any good?[/QUOTE]

Bought it on the 360 for $50 at launch. Wasn't worth the $50 as it was kind of short. Worth it for anything under $30 IMO. Also there's a demo on steam I believe

So, based on the feedback I've gotten here's what I think the best way to distribute DLC codes without asking people to hop all over the map and register on different sites, but also not limiting to just people who PM me.

We've had some crazy sales the past few months and I've seen tons of posts about what you've picked up in sales.

Name your best pickup (or set of pickups) from Amazon in 2012 and I'll shoot you a PM with the DLC code :).

This keeps everyone here on the thread, and shouldn't be a terrible burden (typing out a few words that is :) ).

Cheers,
Tony

My best pickup is probably Divinity 2 for 6 bucks. By far my most played Amazon purchase, and you never see it nearly that cheap anywhere else when it's on sale.

I think my best pickups were the Dragon Age pack for $7 and Crysis Maximum Edition + Crysis 2 for $7.48 ($2.49 + $4.99) back during January with the coupon promo.

My best pick up was Bus Driver for $3.99.

Also bumping my questions about pre-orders.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']For anyone who pre-orders on Amazon digital, how does it work?

Do they still have any sort of pre-order price guarantee?

Do they charge you the minute you pre-order or wait until the release date?

And if a pre-order bonus item gets added later on do you get included even if you pre-ordered prior?

Just wondering since I have the THQ 5 dollar credit now and South Park looks tempting, but won't release for about a year.[/QUOTE]

Divinity 2 is total badassery and fun. Also Binary Domain has been a blast to play so far. And I probably wouldn't have even given it a chance had it not been at a good price point to blind buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back