Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pajama_Man']I'd love to see this too as my AssCreed collection is currently on Amazon :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd rather have UbiSoft games NOT on Steam, since those games use their UPlay DRM.
Steam DRM + UbiSoft DRM = annoying.
I'd rather have Non-Steam versions of them UbiSoft games from Amazon DVG.
I want as few DRM layers as I can get - UPlay DRM itself is enough.

Yeah, 66% off is not enough to make me look at ACR.
It just looks like too much of more of the same.
After AC2 + BH, ACR don't look like it'll be much different.
AC:R at $10 would be like music to my ears. ;)

AC3, though - that looks MUCH more interesting... w/ the whole Boston and Revolutionary War setting.

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, I'd rather have UbiSoft games NOT on Steam, since those games use their UPlay DRM.
Steam DRM + UbiSoft DRM = annoying.
I'd rather have Non-Steam versions of them UbiSoft games from Amazon DVG.
I want as few DRM layers as I can get - UPlay DRM itself is enough.

Yeah, 66% off is not enough to make me look at ACR.
It just looks like too much of more of the same.
After AC2 + BH, ACR don't look like it'll be much different.
AC:R at $10 would be like music to my ears. ;)

AC3, though - that looks MUCH more interesting... w/ the whole Boston and Revolutionary War setting.[/QUOTE]

Heh same here! That's why I also buy all my GFWL games on Amazon as well.

I'd still rather have games on Steam than not on Steam at all. That said, I don't love the extra and unnecessary (since Steam is already its own form of DRM) 3rd party DRM, but some publishers are too pig headed to change this and too lazy/cheap/paranoid to make a separate Steam specific version.

If I can't get something on Steam I generally pass with rare exceptions. If it's a choice between no Steam w/ crappy DRM or Steam with crappy extra DRM sometimes I'll just pass altogether too. Depends on how cheap the game is and how bad I want it, but even on games I really want I deduct value for having to put up with extra crap DRM.

For me though no Steam = bad NOT Good because of less DRM. I don't care about Steam's DRM and I want the other features.

[quote name='Motoki']I'd still rather have games on Steam than not on Steam at all.[/quote]
Nobody's gonna argue that.
More versions available, the better - more places to get the game.
Pricing wars and competition b/t digital services = GOOD. :D

That said, I don't love the extra and unnecessary (since Steam is already its own form of DRM) 3rd party DRM, but some publishers are too pig headed to change this and too lazy/cheap/paranoid to make a separate Steam specific version.
I agree that redundant DRM is unnecessary.

Here's where the whole thing is a head-scratcher.

Agreed on one hand - that dev's and publishers should totally not use their DRM on any Steam versions. Steam is DRM itself and does a fine job itself.

On another hand, if a game on Steam has 3rd party DRM - i.e. G4WL, UPlay, etc - then, Steam-client shouldn't have to forced to run in the background to run the game.
That is how GameStop PC App works - you don't need to run the client-program in the background, to run a game, once you've done the Downloading of the game.
You get around the above problem w/ most G4WL games you buy on Steam, BTW - after DLing your game via Steam, make a shortcut from your game-folder of your game's EXE and it should be able to boot w/out Steam, when you have Steam closed. This trick ALSO even works on Borderlands 1 on Steam. :D

If I can't get something on Steam I generally pass with rare exceptions. If it's a choice between no Steam w/ crappy DRM or Steam with crappy extra DRM sometimes I'll just pass altogether too. Depends on how cheap the game is and how bad I want it, but even on games I really want I deduct value for having to put up with extra crap DRM.

For me though no Steam = bad NOT Good because of less DRM. I don't care about Steam's DRM and I want the other features.
The more DRM layers = the LESS that I want to spend on a game, since it sounds more and more like a rental w/ each DRM layer on top of each other.

[quote name='Idiotekque']How common is it for Steam games to be able to be launched without Steam open?[/QUOTE]

Pretty rare nowadays. I know that Gratuitous Tank Battles, Recettear, and a few indy non-Steam games bought on Steam will work straight from the .exe without loading Steam up.

I personally think developers/publishers should try to make separate Steam versions and non-Steam versions. Options are a consumers best friend.

[quote name='60fps']
I personally think developers/publishers should try to make separate Steam versions and non-Steam versions. Options are a consumers best friend.[/QUOTE]
Since Steam DRM is usually forced upon a Steam-version, I definitely do agree w/ this.

That just remains the one thing I don't like about Steam. Hasn't stopped me from blowing lots of cash on Steam games, but yeah.

That's why I love it when GOG does something like the Alan Wake bundle they had for $15. DRM free yo... It would just be wonderful if they had a larger new selection.

[quote name='teddybass']How do you see the hidden DLC codes? I quoted Tony's post but all I see are blank spaces between the 1 through 50 numbers...[/QUOTE]

I don't see any DLC codes either.

I hit the quote button under Tony's post, do I need to do something else?

[quote name='Idiotekque']That just remains the one thing I don't like about Steam. Hasn't stopped me from blowing lots of cash on Steam games, but yeah.[/quote]
Same here, hehe.

That's why I love it when GOG does something like the Alan Wake bundle they had for $15. DRM free yo... It would just be wonderful if they had a larger new selection.
Amen!

I wish they had some Achievement support for Alan Wake - GOG Version in-game.
I really think if games are going to have Achievements, they should really be BUILT at least into the game itself - kind of like Mass Effect 2 and 3 does.
So, if you're playing say the Steam version of any game, once you hit an Achievement, it just also uploads the data to Steam.

Is there any way to skip forward levels on Alice Madness Returns on PC? The reason I ask is because I bought the game on PS3 but sold it before I could finish it. I got all the way up to Queen's Land, but if I were to rebuy this game on PC, I REALLY don't want to have to play up until that point if there's any way to avoid having to do so.

[quote name='MysterD']Same here, hehe.

Amen!

I really think if games are going to have Achievements, they should really be BUILT at least into the game itself - kind of like Mass Effect 2 and 3 does.
So, if you're playing say the Steam version of any game, once you hit an Achievement, it just also uploads the data to Steam.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to doubt we're getting a match on Revelations flash sale. Have prior flash sale prices been matched?

Come on Tony! :D

So I waited awhile to see if the Amazon system just hadn't caught up yet, but the last 2 items in the OP are as follows:

Through 7/15:

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008K2WRYC?tag=cheapassgam08-20"]Sniper Elite V2
- $14.99 - Steam

Through 7/21:
Sniper Elite V2 - $24.99 - Steam
[/URL]
Yet when you click on them, it goes to the same page. What is the difference supposed to be between the two?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[quote name='Larce80']picked up Bioshock pack, doubt steam will beat it[/QUOTE]

They definitely won't match, even at 75% off, it still puts it at $10 for the both of them.

[quote name='walkonshadows']So I waited awhile to see if the Amazon system just hadn't caught up yet, but the last 2 items in the OP are as follows:

Sniper Elite V2 - $14.99 - Steam

Through 7/21:
Sniper Elite V2 - $24.99 - Steam

Yet when you click on them, it goes to the same page. What is the difference supposed to be between the two?[/QUOTE]

I believe after the 15th the price will be $24.99 until the 21st. That's all.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
That's why I love it when GOG does something like the Alan Wake bundle they had for $15. DRM free yo... It would just be wonderful if they had a larger new selection.[/QUOTE]

Oh that makes me feel a little better about missing the sale. Would have been torn... but that being said I also hate myself for missing that price.

[quote name='inm8num2']What was the giveaway from earlier today? Free Saints Row codes?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, tony might still have some left but he has been posting DLC codes for the Spec Ops Vehicle pack for Saints Row III.

[quote name='inm8num2']What was the giveaway from earlier today? Free Saints Row codes?[/QUOTE]
DLC codes for Saints Row. I think the same DLC he was giving away earlier for saying what your best Amazon deal was but he was having trouble keeping up on an individual basis.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='MysterD']Same here, hehe.

Amen!

So, if you're playing say the Steam version of any game, once you hit an Achievement, it just also uploads the data to Steam.[/QUOTE]
Well GOG always seems to be evolving and surprising people, so who knows? They have a suggestion CS option too, so if they start getting input about that, who knows?

[quote name='h4mx0r']Oh that makes me feel a little better about missing the sale. Would have been torn... but that being said I also hate myself for missing that price.[/QUOTE]
Keep an eye on Steam; they might have something similar (obviously not DRM free, but similar in price).

Binary Domain was well worth the $10. Excellent game with a great story, great gameplay, and a variety of characters, each vastly different from one another. Such an underrated gem.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Keep an eye on Steam; they might have something similar (obviously not DRM free, but similar in price).[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm gambling on. I see they have a franchise pack at 50% off, and I'm hoping that if it becomes a daily, then Amazon will match it so I can use my amazon credit!

For at least the first 2 days of Steam´s summer sale, I can say in terms of quality (if not breadth) and definitely customer service:

Amazon (Tony) July Sale > Steam Summer Sale

Well, Amazon takes the cake when it comes to bundles (Paradox stuff? Like, how did they even pull that off?). I don't so much like the singular sales that often have various types of DRM on them (although that isn't that big of a deal to me).

Steam takes the cake on variety and singular sales. Not to mention you can get whatever DLC you want on Steam, and it's likely on sale. Until Amazon gets in the DLC game, it's going to struggle this time of year.

Oh, and it needs Bethesda games.

[quote name='DropZite']Price match for Alan Wake Collectors Edition? It's currently 75% off on Steam.

Also is Alan Wake's American Nightmare available in Amazon? I can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they plan to match the flash sales especially when they have thier own deals planned for the whole month.

My bet is that they do their own Alan Wake deal when they finally get American Nightmare.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Oh, holy crap! Sword of Islam DLC is part of the CK2 franchise sale. Well, I guess I'm just about to break the seal on the Summer Seal. :)[/QUOTE]

I snagged this too, as well as the DLC's for Warlock and TR:GoL from Tony's packs =D

Hey guys,

Anyone want some free Mount and Blade Warband or Europa 3 Universalis Chronicles?

Paradox wanted to help us celebrate hitting 100K Facebook fans (you should drop by and comment on one of our posts tomorrow :) ).

Mount and Blade Warband:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Europa Universalis:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Saint's Row the Third for those who missed it (thanks THQ for helping us celebrate):

Again, if you want to show your appreciation for free stuff you can do so easily and at 0 cost:

1. Pop over to www.amazon.com/freegames and try out one of our new free to play games
2. Tell your friends who might be interested in free to play games to come over and check it out!

If we get a bunch of account links for any of our free to play stuff this weekend I'll go ahead and release a bunch more codes :)

Happy gaming!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Anyone want some free Mount and Blade Warband or Europa 3 Universalis Chronicles?

Paradox wanted to help us celebrate hitting 100K Facebook fans (you should drop by and comment on one of our posts tomorrow :) ).

Mount and Blade Warband:

Europa Universalis:

Saint's Row the Third for those who missed it (thanks THQ for helping us celebrate):

Again, if you want to show your appreciation for free stuff you can do so easily and at 0 cost:

1. Pop over to www.amazon.com/freegames and try out one of our new free to play games
2. Tell your friends who might be interested in free to play games to come over and check it out!

If we get a bunch of account links for any of our free to play stuff this weekend I'll go ahead and release a bunch more codes :)

Happy gaming!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Nice.

Hey Tony in case you missed it,

Any chance of a price match for Space Marine for $7.49 it is a daily deal because I would like to give my money to Amazon?

[quote name='headpiece747']Thanks Tony and Paradox,
I redeemed the first ones of Mount and Blade Warband & Europa Universalis.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='headpiece747']Hey Tony in case you missed it,

Any chance of a price match for Space Marine for $7.49 it is a daily deal because I would like to give my money to Amazon?[/QUOTE]

This got hung up in our pricing system for some reason, it is showing in my backend but on on the front. Sorry guys hamsters must be sick :(.

Also, I'm starting to play LoL for the night so I might be an hour or so between posts.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='ev768']I don't understand how people are redeeming what Tony is posting. All I see is unclickable double digit numbers.[/QUOTE]

same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back