Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet in for Arma 2 if it lasts to payday Friday. Hey Tony? I have a question about PC download pre-orders, does the code just get emailed to you on like say at "midnight" release day, or can I click on "my games" and it will show up already but not work till Steam or whatever has it up. I'm going to be doing the xbox 360 and pc version of Borderlands 2 might as well get the extras and help your tattoo.

Bought binary domain and the darkness II from earlier sales. Wanted to thank T-Money for extraordinary prices on recent releases!

Here is my constructive criticism:
1. I like the deep discounts on recent releases (ex. Darkness II, Binary Domain, Spec Ops, Max Payne 3 which I would buy if it wasn't such a huge download).
2. The announcements done days before the deal goes live is great so I don't miss out on deals.

[quote name='p0rn0saur']Sweet in for Arma 2 if it lasts to payday Friday. Hey Tony? I have a question about PC download pre-orders, does the code just get emailed to you on like say at "midnight" release day, or can I click on "my games" and it will show up already but not work till Steam or whatever has it up. I'm going to be doing the xbox 360 and pc version of Borderlands 2 might as well get the extras and help your tattoo.[/QUOTE]

Regarding your question related to pre-orders, you'll get a key as soon as the order fulfills. In most cases Steam games are pre-load, so that's what you'll use your key to do. In cases where there isn't a pre-load your assumption is correct, you'll get a key in your library but won't be able to do anything with it until Steam turns the lights on.

Note, you're not charged until we deliver you a key either.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, any chance we can get a discount on Arma 2 regular (not combined Operations). I'm sure a lot of us already have Arma 2 OA as it was heavily discounted a while back. I hate buying something twice :)

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Does anybody know if digital preorders (interested in X-COM in particular) still adhere to the preorder low price guarantee thing? I already had an amazon preorder for the disc version in case it was Steamworks. Figured I'd switch to the digital version.[/QUOTE]

It isn't going to be Steamworks?

I have a question, I am going to buy SRTT for my friend who lives in the UK, now if I buy the Amazon copy and give him the code will it still activate on his Steam?

I'd assume that a steam code is a steam code. As far as amazons involvement goes it's selling to a person eligible for the sale. What you do afterwards is outside their scope.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Is 3 extra pages of post on this really necessary? We're gonna let a few petulant impatient CAQ's ruin it for the rest of us? If you guys really want to keep this up, then just make a new thread. I'm willing to go through 20 pages every day in the Steam thread, cause people are discussing the deals at play, not bitching about this kind of crap. A few very vocal people that forget the incredible deals Tony has given us, in just the past few months, and the effort he's put forth, DO NOT represent the vast majority here. They just happen to be able to constantly post their whining. That's it, It's enough. Create a blog, make a new thread, or just shut the fuck up. Get back to discussing the actual deals. Not the lack of updates (It's just been a weekend!!!!), your butt hurt opinions, or how YOU think the business should be run. Wow.[/QUOTE]
You probably haven't actually read the discussion in detail and just skimmed over it (which no one can blame you for), assuming it's all bitching. Really though, it's been pretty constructive, civil feedback and whatnot.

For a comprehensive summary, though, read below!

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's funny reading this stuff over (though it's not bad, per se).

In summary, it's:

---

"Hey Tony, you're great, but I have some suggestions! Lets talk it out like adults and see where we get?"

and Tony's like

"Yeah, that's awesome! Let's try to understand each other and see how we can make this a constructive conversation."

and then CAG Tonyluvver 1 is like

"Hey, Tony's awesome you should be GLAD that he does what he does! gtfo."

and then Tony's like

"Hey, I encourage suggestions and feedback. It's all good bros!"

and then the conversation progresses and CAG Tonyluvver 2 is like

"Are you still saying Tony can do better? Be thankful of what you have, Tony eats Steam for BREAKFAST yo."

---

I probably missed something, but yeah, that's it. :D[/QUOTE]

I wish I could go back in time when I hadn't already bought those bundles, just so that I could feel the rush of blood to my head when I pressed the purchase button, drooling over all the money I was saving.

Sigh...

What is all this buzz over Arma II about? I'd never even heard of the game until the Steam sale started.

Anyway, thanks for the recent deals, Tony. Picked up 4 games over the last week and I'm considering Quantum Conundrum.

I know I probably missed it in another post, but are those Paradox bundles with Steam keys or not?

Or I could read the description on Amazon and see that some are some aren't

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Guys,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the quality of our email campaigns, very much appreciated.

To go back to the root of this conversation. I was commenting on the fact that we wouldn't be PMing Steam's sale on SRTT and attempting to give you guys insight into why. The reason I haven't provided you with a solid date yet is because I don't have one to provide.

Here were my options for communication in this situation:

1. Ignore your quesitons regarding whether or not we were going to PM the SRTT deal on Steam.

2. Simply tell you "no we won't be PMing that deal" with no further context

3. Do what I did, tell you "no we aren't going to PM this deal, and because I respect you as customers who are part of a community I interact with here is why."

Based on the feedback here, what I'm hearing is that you guys would prefer that I not give you this insight, and that you'd prefer I be vague and choose one of the first two communication options above.

Sorry for the delayed response here, I've been trying to figure out how I could have better communicated this and am coming up blank.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Options 2 & 3 are best, if you ask me.

Option 1 - Leaves us in the dark. Not good at all.

Option 2 - Okay, so you said "No" and give us no reason what-so-ever, we still can just move on w/ our lives. We can either wait for you to come up w/ the a similar deal later; an even better deal later; or just take our business elsewhere right now. At least we have an answer.

Option 3 - Even better than giving us a flat-out "Yes" or "No" answer (Option 2), you ALSO give us why. And, it helps make us understand whats goes on behind the scenes.

[quote name='Killbomb']What is all this buzz over Arma II about? I'd never even heard of the game until the Steam sale started.

Anyway, thanks for the recent deals, Tony. Picked up 4 games over the last week and I'm considering Quantum Conundrum.[/QUOTE]
Apparently it's a very realistic war game. It was generally praised and had a good following, but then a member of the dev team decided to make a mod called DayZ, which turns the game into a realistic zombie survival sim.

Basically, you're set on one big map (200+ km or something) with hundreds of zombies and tons of other players. You have to survive, and that means eating, scavenging, etc. If you die, you lose everything, which makes it a pisser of a game sometimes from what I hear since their are lots of "veteran" players who team up and gank newbies to take their stuff. They call them "bandits".

Anyways, it's pretty popular, but I've never tried it. I have Arma II (got it free a long time ago from GMG), but not Operation Arrowhead, so I can't play the mod. They say Arma II itself is a great game though.

[quote name='Killbomb']What is all this buzz over Arma II about? I'd never even heard of the game until the Steam sale started.[/QUOTE]
It's caused by a zombie mod called DayZ. I haven't played it, but as the sales numbers indicate there's a lot of hype behind this mod. The mod's website has a neat stat on it: It seems that the average life expectancy in-game is 35 minutes.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Good news bad news:

Good news:

The Paradox packages are back! Prices should flip soon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZXSK - $7.49
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZDZI - $12.49
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZVLE - $19.99

Bad news:

As you probably noticed, we're out of Arma II keys...again. I THINK I'm getting more this week (hopefully tomorrow) but I was told that when we put it back up for sale it can't be on promotion.

Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

How long will these deals be good for?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Bad news:

As you probably noticed, we're out of Arma II keys...again. I THINK I'm getting more this week (hopefully tomorrow) but I was told that when we put it back up for sale it can't be on promotion.

Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Do developers not like money or something? They should let Tony discount all the things. Everyone benefits.

oh man, awesome. i realized that i missed on a great deal with the paradox pack after being told Crusader Kings was like a Game of Thrones game (as opposed to... the official Game of Thrones game) and then when i saw everything else in it my jaw dropped at what i missed.

now i didn't miss it.
great news!

So Arma II is a deal of the week, and you expect keys back within the week, but it wont be deal of the week any more when you do?

Nothing against amazon but thats not very cool, when it was 75% off last christmas before all this zombie hype.

Not sure what Amazon's policy is on the matter, but are the sales strictly for US customers only?

The storefronts states
Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.
Also, Amazon.com is the US based site [with sister sites in UK, Germany, etc...]

I ask because the Arma II deal sold out very quickly, and I can strongly speculate it is because many international customers are buying games from Amazon by using a fake US address..... If it is marketed as a US only deal, then the sale numbers are being artificially inflated due to global buyers. The publisher would be getting a wrong analysis of the sales, and would thus be hesitant to give any price reductions.

If deals are marketed towards everyone on the "internets"; then great!!! Why isn't Amazon prepared with the correct amount of keys? It's not the first time Amazon ran out of keys for Arma. Why is a US address required to purchase such items?

If it's only marketed only towards Americans, then how can Americans like myself buy the game without having to compete with other buyers around the world? Is Amazon.com going to address the issue?

Also, if Saints Row 3 is priced at $9.99, will there be enough keys to compensate for the international buyers?

I think many have thought about this question, but I haven't seen anyone actually ask it.
It's not meant to be negative towards Tony in anyway; I'm just curious how these sales are being marketed. I usually like to wait a few days and see if any other deals pop up, but it looks like we may need to buy the game early to ensure we're able to buy it.

Thanks Tony and looking forward to any input.

pretty sure you're overthinking it there. there's always been, and always will be, a group of people from other countries buying in on the sale that yes, is US only. it's possible that the game is more popular internationally, but it's more possible that the kind of game being talked about is very popular within the US too. right now there's an influx of buyers more than usual due to the steam sale and that'll include a lot of domestic newbies.

in the end the answer's likely gonna be the same both ways: more keys are gotten, sale continues. for amazon, it's often a good thing if they run out since that means they can get MORE keys and show that "on amazon you have this level of demand." i wouldn't worry about it personally.

I agree about the Arma II situation being uncool. Unfortunately my hands are tied. I've had and continue to have discussions around this.

As for the Paradox deals I've got them set to run through 7/31.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='solaris389']I feel like I must be missing something here. Why are members asking for the price matches to begin with?[/quote]

Sure, I'll give some of my reasons why.

1. Amazon DVG sometimes has options for choosing b/t Steam and Non-Steam versions of games.
Amazon DVG has been GREAT at providing BOTH options to gamers here, on numerous occasions.
In cases when there's multiple DRM's on a Steam version, I just want to go Non-Steam to have less DRM layers.
Example -> Max Payne 3 always requires RSC and SolidShield DRM on EVERY version. If I buy a Max Payne 3 Steam version (from Amazon or Steam), I now have to deal w/ 3 DRM's - Steam DRM, Rockstar Social Club (RSC) + SolidShield DRM. I am trying to keep DRM layers DOWN - and since Amazon sells a version w/out Steam DRM, I really want that version (with 2 DRM layers).
If Amazon PM's or tops the Steam sale price (or any other competitor), they'll get my purchase...for the version w/ less DRM.

2. Steam version has Steam DRM, Amazon DVG version has NO DRM.
Most Steam versions of games, they flat-out use Steam DRM and you are forced to boot Steam up when you boot the game up. Very few cases where that is NOT true - i.e. Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga.
Sometimes, Amazon DVG has NO DRM version - i.e. see Risen 1 or Avadon: The Dark Fortress.
This is again the situation of me wanting to keep them DRM layers down - "NO DRM" beats Steam DRM for me; as simple as that.
In that case, when Amazon PM's or tops the Steam price (or any other competitor), they get my money.

3. Steam gets plenty of business already from me.
Many times, Amazon DVG doesn't carry a game Steam has - i.e. Skyrim, Brink, RAGE (Windows version), or EYE: Divine Cybermancy. In that case, I kind of have to go w/ Steam...or some other digital distributor.
But, if Amazon DVG has the same game Steam has...and Amazon DVG will price-match Steam or even better yet top them, I'd like to give Amazon my business. Amazon DVG is nowhere as big as Steam in the digital distribution realm - though, I'd like to keep them in business and keep them thinking it's worth their time to compete w/ Steam. I like the price-wars & having multiple different distributors to buy from. I like having my options open here.

4. Amazon DVG's Recent giveaways
See what Amazon DVG, Tony, and companies cooked up for giving away FREE SR:TT DLC from THQ and FREE games from Paradox (EU3 and M&B: Warband). Of course, you want to support companies that are willing to go out their way to give you free stuff. :)

I'm sure there's other reasons I can't think of, but....yeah, there's a few springing to mind right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, those Paradox Packs are the gift that just keeps giving. I mean at a certain point the devs have to de like "We sold too many on sale, now no one's buying the games anymore." I guess the are making a killing with all that Magicka DLC being bought by all those new owners. :) Very happy to see this kind of response though. 3 times in less than 3 months. The sales numbers must be impressive.

To be honest, I'm surprised Bohemia even bothers to discount Arma II: CO. It's one of the best selling PC games in the world right now; they don't need sales to pull in customers. It makes perfect sense why the next batch of keys won't be discounted.

Tony,

So Battlefield 3 download is $40, any news on when will it be cheaper? Already have it on PS3 but want it on PC so don't want to spend much on a game I already own. I guess by fall the game will be cheaper?

Tony,

we need more Bethesda titles on the service please - I'd love a bundle on fallout and elder scrolls with some of your "Tony's price is right" secret formula. Of course steam versions as an option would be sweet as well!

thank you

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony,

we need more Bethesda titles on the service please - I'd love a bundle on fallout and elder scrolls with some of your "Tony's price is right" secret formula. Of course steam versions as an option would be sweet as well!

thank you[/QUOTE]
We all agree, but Amazon actually carries no digital Bethesda games at all. They don't have an agreement with the company.

Sure they dont NEED to put Arma II on sale, but as the Amazon sales have shown there is a huge potentially untapped market of people that are interested enough to buy, but not at full price.

WIth a good half off or better sale price they would make a lot more profits than if they just leave it at full price.

Its an infinite supply. It wont cost them anything extra to sell more of them.

[quote name='Angus Kart']Sure they dont NEED to put Arma II on sale, but as the Amazon sales have shown there is a huge potentially untapped market of people that are interested enough to buy, but not at full price.

WIth a good half off or better sale price they would make a lot more profits than if they just leave it at full price.

Its an infinite supply. It wont cost them anything extra to sell more of them.[/QUOTE]

Not as infinite as you think.

Amazon ran out of their keys before the sale ended a few months back when they had Combined Ops for $15 (when DayZ was pretty much on the front page of every gaming site every day). :cry:

Tony, will there ever be a deep discount for Operation Arrowhead by itself? I'd really hate to pay for CO when I already have Arma II on GMG.

How cheap has OA gotten in the past?

Tony,

Any chances of Steam's 66% off on Assassins Creed Revelations and DLCs getting matched on Amazon? It was the same price during a flash sale but that never got matched but now it's a daily.

[quote name='twztid13']Wow, talk about thread clutter, lol.[/QUOTE]

What clutter? All I see is: Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla...Oh wait. :cool:

[quote name='Motoki']What clutter? All I see is: Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla Arma II blabla...Oh wait. :cool:[/QUOTE]

It's because of the new Bad RatZ mod. Pretty dope. You try to survive as a cat in a world full of evil rats for as long as possible. Average life span is 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back