Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapyD']CAG code distribution system should be up this weekend.[/QUOTE]May i ask what is it ?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sounds like it, I gave cheapy some codes for one of our F2P games to test the system with. We're going to kick the tires soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to see how this works. I think I will bite on Binary Domain. Thanks for offering it for $9.99 again!

[quote name='LocarionStorm']When do the deals flip again? Is it Mountain or Pacific time zone? Or just later in the day?[/QUOTE]

As Amazon is based in Seattle, Pacific time.

Also, they don´t always flip exactly at 12, more like 12:05 or 12:15. Something to do with the time it takes to update all of Amazon´s prices for the next day, I think.

Sweet stayed up for this so I can sleep while they all DL and wake up and play some Civ 5. Got the 2K Strategy Pack - $19.99 - All Steam. Going to sleep on the bioshock 2 pack. I have 2 on 360 but not 1. Though those two games are on sale all the time it seems and my backlog is pretty extensive.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I want to comment on this conversation, and I'll be specifically following up with Motoki, who is an extremely valued member of this thread....

2. If people in this thread want to hear commentary from Chris Rock or Dennis Leary they can visit Comedycentral.com.[/quote]
Don't be a literalist. You're not that stupid. My comment was an analogy to the type of language and style that I used, and the point was that real adults are able to handle such language.

Part of being an adult is also knowing when and where to communicate in specific ways.
Part of being a real adult is having the strength to handle insults or unpleasant words and conflicting ideas. Hurt feelings are a part of life. If a one paragraph rant of hyperbole like mine causes a grown person to become so emotionally devasted that they run away, then it is they who are not an adult.

In addition this is an informal Internet forum not the god damn United Nations. Expecting everyone to always be diplomatic is unrealistic and an unnecessary restraint on free discussion.

3. Motoki, I apologize again on behalf of the thread, your feedback is extremely valuable to this community and the manner in which you were spoken to was not cool...
First, do not apologize for me as you do not speak for me, and you should not presume that you do.

Second, anyone like Motoki who would not purchase from Amazon because of my comments would not have done so anyway. She's obviously a Steam fangirl given her previous comments, and she was just being a drama queen by leaving because I exposed her hypocrisy and handed her ass to her in doing so.

Third, her feedback isn't any more valuable than any other one person's and really less so since she only purchases games for her Steam account. Amazon needs more feedback and customers who use it for more than Steam purchases.

Long term Amazon is not going to be able to sustain its PC game download business by selling Steam codes because at some point Valve's going to decide that these third-party sales are hurting its business enough that it will make doing so
uncompetitive by restricting the number of codes it gives to publishers/developers, by slowing the release of these codes, and/or by charging publishers/developers a fee for each code so third-party sales can no longer be price competitive with direct Steam sales.

It's the same reason that Amazon has its own Android app store instead of reselling GooglePlay credits and why it has its own streaming video service instead of reselling Netflix subscriptions. You can't make real profits when your major competitor is handicapping your business by taking a cut of your sales.

Consumers also suffer in this Steam code resale scenario since they can't take advantage of Amazon's great server capacity since Steam games must be downloaded through Steam (due to game updates/patch management issues Amazon's files would be outdated just like those on retail disc are and in effect a waste of time and bandwidth). Amazon's terrific custoemr service is also powerless to fix problems when customers can't download or play their Steam games due to problems with Steam.

5. JD, this is not a rant against you
I am not some wilting flower. You don't need to sugar-coat it or bullshit me.
Yes, it is a rant against me, but no, I don't care that it is.

I let that cowardly asshole moderator ban me last time for being right rather than let him silence me without saying a thing (even though I knew he would delete those retort posts too). And, I obviously am setting myself up for that to happen again since I doubt that asshole has seen the error of his ways.
I'd rather be right than be liked.

Don't bounce out, stay here and have fun with everyone, this is a really fun group.
I disagree. Judging from the response it looks like nothing but a bunch of psycophants, drama queens, and thin-skinned babies. The silver lining is unlike Steam, Amazon can't prevent me from playing the games I have already purchased from it because it doesn't like my opinion of its company.

Its not listed in the thread, but Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga is $5.99 on both download versions (steam version and drm-free version). Bought it and activated on Steam. :D

[quote name='Schizophriend']Its not listed in the thread, but Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga is $5.99 on both download versions (steam version and drm-free version). Bought it and activated on Steam. :D[/QUOTE]

It's at the very bottom of the "7/28 Sale" section on Page 1. I bought it earlier this month, but haven't played it yet. Gotta scratch my strategy-game and spacey-game itches first. :D

FYI sorry I know someone kept asking about Dead Space 1+2 in this sale and I kept meaning to respond. We'll have these on sale again but I'm not sure when. Not today though. I'm working on a cool bundle.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, Is Mass Effect 1 not redeemable on Origins? I brought the Mass Effect and Dragon Age Dual Packs and everything redeemed fine EXCEPT Mass Effect 1 =(. Should I contact Customer Support?

[quote name='dacool561']Tony, Is Mass Effect 1 not redeemable on Origins? I brought the Mass Effect and Dragon Age Dual Packs and everything redeemed fine EXCEPT Mass Effect 1 =(. Should I contact Customer Support?[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 1 will not natively activate on Origin. If you want it to work then contact EA's customer support or use the alternate activation that is on a different EA website, I cant remember the address or else I would post it here.

Also I just wanna say that I used the alternate EA activation site and the game never showed up in my Origin account, so it may be hit or miss.

And finally I got Divinity II DKS, I passed it in the past because I prefer Steam versions over DRM Free (I know it sounds strange lol)

I have a question though, is there anyway to avoid applying GC Balance to Digital Downloads ? I wanna use my credit card only but can't figure out how

[quote name='clonesniper666']Mass Effect 1 will not natively activate on Origin. If you want it to work then contact EA's customer support or use the alternate activation that is on a different EA website, I cant remember the address or else I would post it here.

Also I just wanna say that I used the alternate EA activation site and the game never showed up in my Origin account, so it may be hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I went and asked the Live Chat on Origin and they fixed it and added the game without any issues. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='Scorch']Oh man.. it's a shame that the Dreamcast collection doesn't activate on Steam[/QUOTE]
Great shame indeed.
You can always bootleg it into Steam though with "Add non-steam game"
Some games are worth it, especially like Diablo 3 or Hitman:Contracts.
Looks good on the profile.

Really sucks that the Dragon Age pack isn't steamworks. $10 for DA1:Ultimate and DA2 (not ultimate)
Only thing is those games are so huge a lot of people give up on em.

Who all got the Plethora of Paradox Games pack? Seems like that's still the best deal so far. $20 for all that... like a box of 30 blu-ray Pr0nos
http://www.amazon.com/Plethora-of-Paradox-Games-Download/dp/B008G0ZVLE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I picked up a two pack of Syndicate. However, my friend I was going to give the extra code to picked up the game on sale as well. D'oh.

Thanks for the deals Tony!

EDIT: Worked out a trade with a nice CAG member. :)

Hey all, I'd be up for hosting a Borderlands 2 4-pack. I don't know if this is the proper forum for it but I saw several others a few posts back. PM me. We're looking at $36.50 since I'll be getting the $7.50 Borderlands today.

EDIT: 4-pack is closed. Thanks!

Picked up the syndicate 2 pack and Sega awesome pack. Want to get the 2k Strat pack for Civ V but already own the non steam versions of Civ IV and Stronghold, anybody willing to trade a syndicate code (have another friend who wants this) for the steam codes to Civ IV and Stronghold?

Damn, so I keep going back and forth about double dipping on Borderlands : GOTY, then I noticed the TIV for the 360 version is still $16.20, done! See ya'll in Pandora....lol

[quote name='gepet0']Is battle feild 3 ever gonna hit the 20 price range?[/QUOTE]

I'm also waiting on a price drop to get it. Any word when it might drop Tony?

I caved and bought the X-Com collection for a buck since I had a $2 credit.

Missed it last time and for as much as I played UFO Defense back in the 90's, to have that one again was worth the dollar alone...who knows if I'll ever play the other four?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Very interested in DRM Free Divinity 2 but I just bought Oblivion Deluxe during the Steam sale (not redeemed yet though). Is there any point in having both?[/QUOTE]

Div 2: DKS is really good.
Especially at $6, including Div 2: Ego Draconis Remastered + Flames of Vengeance expansion.

Div 2: DKS is not as free-form as Oblivion in exploring the game-world, but it's writing and story-telling is actually much better than Oblivion. Writing...is just not BethSoft's strong-suit, normally. DKS is also more self-aware sometimes and sometimes funnier than Oblivion at times, as well.

BOTH Div 2: DKS & Oblivion are great games. If you love RPG's, you should own both.

[quote name='Rylin210']Hey tony

anyway we can see a sale on the MAC version of borderlands???[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong, but I believe if you redeem the PC version on Steam, you automatically get the Mac version. This is true for any game on Steam that has a Mac version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back