Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rawgamer']Tony, I was wondering about any preorder specials for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron like you did for Borderlands? I noticed that you had the Bruticus prorder bonus but the game itself is $59.99. I just played the demo on my PS3 and can't wait to play it on PC. I think my sleeper games this year would have to be Sleeping Dogs and this Transformers game and think an Amazon push would help its sales. I played a multiplayer game in the demo and had a lot of fun playing horribly.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in this one too. Already have Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs pre-ordered so I doubt I will be able to get it right away unless there is some kind of special.

That's a slick bit of work there. Got my Saints Row 3 DLC code, punched it right into Steam and it worked. Bookmarking that page for sure. Super Programmer John and anyone else involved gets a big thumbs up from me, that's for sure.

Hey Tony, saw you were giving some War of the Roses beta keys away over on NeoGAF, any chance you have any left for us here at CAG? :)

Tony generously gave us a ton of the War of the Roses beta keys, but since the beta doesn't start until 8/8 (and there is nowhere to even enter the codes yet), we figured there wasn't much point is distributing them right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone else decides to host a Borderlands 4 pack preorder give me a holler. My wallet has finally forgiven me from the abuse it took during Tony's previous sales and the steam summer sale.

I'm hosting a 4-pack on Amazon of Borderlands 2 if anyone is interested. I already have 2 other people lined up so we just need one more.

It'd be $40. I probably won't place the order for a couple weeks though but if anyone is interested let me know.

[quote name='Seraphym']This is really awesome. Thanks to all involved for your hard work and generosity :applause:

I don't know if this was intended or not, but it's been linked to the Steam forums already:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2646885&page=41[/QUOTE]

Maybe there should be a post count or membership period requirement to keep people from just making accounts for the sake of free keys. I can see people trying to make multiple accounts for hoarding unfortunately.

[quote name='60fps']Maybe there should be a post count or membership period requirement to keep people from just making accounts for the sake of free keys. I can see people trying to make multiple accounts for hoarding unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

That, and I've already seen people posting about it on other forums.. personally I think this should be a CAG only thing, so a post count or membership period requirement would be a good idea.

Yeah, I'd have to agree on a membership period requirement for the giveaways. Even if it wasn't linked outside of CAG, there'll always be someone happily making multiple accounts in order to farm keys.

A month or two requirement would solve (most) of that.

FYI Darkness II at $12.49 should be live shortly.

Also, we just got an agreement in place with Stardock. Going to work on a Deal of the Week with them now.

Cheers,
Tony

Great to have another new publisher on board, Tony!

I noticed that Namco already has a few games on Amazon Digital. Looks like everything except for Ridge Racer. Is there a reason why publishers only allow some and not all of their current releases?

[quote name='60fps']Great to have another new publisher on board, Tony!

I noticed that Namco already has a few games on Amazon Digital. Looks like everything except for Ridge Racer. Is there a reason why publishers only allow some and not all of their current releases?[/QUOTE]

Some of it has to do with licensing stuff but we are always pushing for full selection.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='60fps']Maybe there should be a post count or membership period requirement to keep people from just making accounts for the sake of free keys. I can see people trying to make multiple accounts for hoarding unfortunately.[/QUOTE]
yea there should definitely be a restriction, wow people getting them like mad :hot:

FYI starting tomorrow, on top of the 10% discount, we'll also be giving out $5 Video Game Promotional Credits with Sleeping Dogs pre-orders.

Cheers,
Tony

Gamestop has 50% Off Quantum Qonundrum selling it for $7.49, will Amazon Price match this ? Also, is there a Season Pass on Amazon for QQ ?

[quote name='Fozbot']Now it is showing up on other places too: http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/hOI3t/saints-row-3rd-spec-ops-dlc-free

I agree that there should be some wait period... so people aren't just coming and taking codes from true CAGs![/QUOTE]

I don't think that's so bad as long as they are using the code on their personal account. At least it exposes people to CAG and Amazon's great deals. I just hate to see people get them and then put them up on Steamgifts or sell them. That's just disgusting.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI Darkness II at $12.49 should be live shortly.

Also, we just got an agreement in place with Stardock. Going to work on a Deal of the Week with them now.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

How about some Sins of a Solar Empire?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI Darkness II at $12.49 should be live shortly.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Cheers, hope the stardock deals are good ones!

[quote name='CheapyD']Tony generously gave us a ton of the War of the Roses beta keys, but since the beta doesn't start until 8/8 (and there is nowhere to even enter the codes yet), we figured there wasn't much point is distributing them right away.[/QUOTE]

I have been keeping my eye on War of the Roses since it was first announced, the large scale multi-player sword, bow and axe battles look amazing. I actually singed-up for the beta at their website but I haven't received anything yet, hopefully I will be able to grab a key from Tony/CAG

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Splines']How about some Sins of a Solar Empire?[/QUOTE]

Yes please! I hope to see low price on rebellion soon. :lol:

Tony, as far as your F2P catalog goes, are you allowed to tell me whether or not Amazon is in the process of carrying stuff for Nexon games (Maple Story, Mabinogi, etc)?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Tony, as far as your F2P catalog goes, are you allowed to tell me whether or not Amazon is in the process of carrying stuff for Nexon games (Maple Story, Mabinogi, etc)?[/QUOTE]

I can tell you we're working on it :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Zyrin']Yeah, I'd have to agree on a membership period requirement for the giveaways. Even if it wasn't linked outside of CAG, there'll always be someone happily making multiple accounts in order to farm keys.

A month or two requirement would solve (most) of that.[/QUOTE]

THIS, maybe the giveaways should only be available for CAG Veterans.

[quote name='vince_carter']wow, so he was trying to flip 'CAG giveaway codes'...... on...... CAG? ballsy[/QUOTE]

Bravery and stupidity are sometimes hard to differentiate. I'm always amazed how it only really takes a handful of people to screw it up for everybody else. There are people who can't afford but a few games a year, trying to run a game on ancient hardware, and could get as much joy out of a $5 Indie title as a AAA blockbuster, but having blown the budget on the AAA blockbuster can't now afford the DLC, and so they get very happy when they see a giveaway for that very same DLC, only to click on it and be immediately greeted by a "Sorry, all out" message, because some a-holes decided to hoard the codes, made multiple accounts, and leeched the giveaway dry, just to put yet more games in their own backlog they won't touch for another year. Rant over.

[quote name='vince_carter']it's stuff like that makes me think twice about doing giveaways for my fellow cheap asses[/QUOTE]

Don't be mistaken; it'd be a great misconception to make that generalization. We're not all leechers, you just have to know who to open the giveaway to.

[quote name='walkonshadows']It wouldn't solve the problem, this guy joined in 2007 and is trying to profit of the codes, he hoarded them and is now trying to trade games for them:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9850972&postcount=9277[/QUOTE]

not full proof but what about a system where you enter your amazon email addy thru cag and amazon uses that info to email you a unique coupon code tied to peoples amazon accounts/email instead of actual steam codes. so you would have to buy it but it would be like 100% off game "x" using your unique non-transferable coupon code.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Don't be mistaken; it'd be a great misconception to make that generalization. We're not all leechers, you just have to know who to open the giveaway to.[/QUOTE]

I know. I've done a handful of giveaways of games I really enjoyed for a CAG subgroup on Steam. Reading stuff like this and that guy who tried to sell a huge bundle he won from the CAG group on steamgifts just really rubs me the wrong way.

[quote name='walkonshadows']It wouldn't solve the problem, this guy joined in 2007 and is trying to profit of the codes, he hoarded them and is now trying to trade games for them:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9850972&postcount=9277[/QUOTE]

Might not solve the whole problem but it will avoid outsiders from creating new accounts and taking codes and gain rep/make money. Maybe veteran it's a little harsh, CAGiversary! or some kind of requirement. Heck i'm shooting myself in the foot here since i'm still new here and didn't had the chance to grab a code cause i was way to busy with work today.

About this guy, he should be banned, period. Trying to make profit of CAG giveaways codes on the CAG forums is not only stupid but really scumby.

[quote name='jrodri86']Might not solve the whole problem but it will avoid outsiders from creating new accounts and taking codes and gain rep/make money. Maybe veteran it's a little harsh, CAGiversary! or some kind of requirement. Heck i'm shooting myself in the foot here since i'm still new here and didn't had the chance to grab a code cause i was way to busy with work today.

About this guy, he should be banned, period. Trying to make profit of CAG giveaways codes on the CAG forums is not only stupid but really scumby.[/QUOTE]

Check the free stuff forum, there are still 80 copies being given away on SteamGifts via cheaplikeafox.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Check the free stuff forum, there are still 80 copies being given away on SteamGifts via cheaplikeafox.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! just signed for one :)

[quote name='atreyuevr']Check the free stuff forum, there are still 80 copies being given away on SteamGifts via cheaplikeafox.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jrodri86']Thank you! just signed for one :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, you missed a real opportunity there atreyuevr. You could have entered yourself, being as how your guaranteed a win, then turned around and sold it to jrodri86 for a profit. tsk.tsk. On behalf of all the CAG's here, we are VERY disappointed.....I'm so upset...I'm unfriend listing you now..;)

[quote name='jrodri86']Might not solve the whole problem but it will avoid outsiders from creating new accounts and taking codes and gain rep/make money. Maybe veteran it's a little harsh, CAGiversary! or some kind of requirement. Heck i'm shooting myself in the foot here since i'm still new here and didn't had the chance to grab a code cause i was way to busy with work today.

About this guy, he should be banned, period. Trying to make profit of CAG giveaways codes on the CAG forums is not only stupid but really scumby.[/QUOTE]

Instead of selling the code on reddit or a different forum, he decides to sell the code he got for free on the same forum. Either he is stupid or he thinks we're stupid. That's the big problem I have with what's he's doing.

well i hope it's a time duration, as I don't post here very often, just lurk and read. Not sure how much the duration will really help though, will stop people from instantly having access, but they will still get it after a while/or spam to reach post limits. Shame that amazon's generosity is kinda being abused and creating these problems

[quote name='walkonshadows']Wow, you missed a real opportunity there atreyuevr. You could have entered yourself, being as how your guaranteed a win, then turned around and sold it to jrodri86 for a profit. tsk.tsk. On behalf of all the CAG's here, we are VERY disappointed.....I'm so upset...I'm unfriend listing you now..;)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha =P

[quote name='despair1991']well i hope it's a time duration, as I don't post here very often, just lurk and read. Not sure how much the duration will really help though, will stop people from instantly having access, but they will still get it after a while/or spam to reach post limits. Shame that amazon's generosity is kinda being abused and creating these problems[/QUOTE]

The only solution is to actively penalyze those "re-ditributing" the keys. Start swing that ban-hammer like the almighty Thor! Noone should feel bad, as they aren't losing business, these people aren't creating business for the code givers, only lining their own pockets. Now, say it with me people "By the power of Odin!":hot:

[quote name='walkonshadows']The only solution is to actively penalyze those "re-ditributing" the keys. Start swing that ban-hammer like the almighty Thor! Noone should feel bad, as they aren't losing business, these people aren't creating business for the code givers, only lining their own pockets. Now, say it with me people "By the power of Odin!":hot:[/QUOTE]

l.jpg

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, we just got an agreement in place with Stardock. Going to work on a Deal of the Week with them now.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Stink! I just picked up a 4 pack of DemiGod and a copy of GC2 gold at the steam sale. I would have much rather bought them from you. At least I didn't pick up a copy of Sins yet. Nice work landing Stardock though Tony.

He wants a copy of Skyrim for one of those codes :roll:

This dude is ridiculous. You know someone is an idiot when you explain the situation to your mom, she understands it, and also says that the guy is an idiot and should be banned.

Really though, it just needs to be added to the forum software that only members who have been around for a month or two can access the free codes page. Seeing as the code giveaways only should last a month or so anyways, it'll work out fine and destroy the issue entirely. We already have a system like that to keep people from posting in the marketplace for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back