Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't you guys even consider that Tony's account is not even a year old yet, and most of the new members here in this thread only registered because of Tony and his deals. So this restriction only benefit members who are already members even before Tony joined CAG yet.

I'm pretty sure Tony didn't set the limits, and it was just a way for CheapyD and Super Programmer John to test the waters for their new code giveaway system they created for Tony. I wouldn't expect a 1 year limit like this in the future. I would say 1-2 months is pretty reasonable though.

To everyone that hasn't been here one year:

Just think how glad you'll be in x amount of months when you can take advantage of such a deal and won't have to worry about people spamming new accounts and hoarding keys. I think everyone is in agreement that's what will happen. Perhaps at that point an additional criteria may be added - 100 posts or something.

Clearly there has to be a mechanism in place for this to work. It's unfortunate that anyone who truly uses this site and is not simply "in for the hoarding" cannot access them in some way. But there has to be a minimal threshold simply because this is the internet.

No doubt someone will still figure out some way to exploit because people tend to be real asshats.

[quote name='hal']To everyone that hasn't been here one year:

Just think how glad you'll be in x amount of months when you can take advantage of such a deal and won't have to worry about people spamming new accounts and hoarding keys. I think everyone is in agreement that's what will happen. Perhaps at that point an additional criteria may be added - 100 posts or something.

Clearly there has to be a mechanism in place for this to work. It's unfortunate that anyone who truly uses this site and is not simply "in for the hoarding" cannot access them in some way. But there has to be a minimal threshold simply because this is the internet.

No doubt someone will still figure out some way to exploit because people tend to be real asshats.[/QUOTE]

Gak.. 100 posts? I am only at 40, wait. Make that 41. :lol:

[quote name='Shrowd']Gak.. 100 posts? I am only at 40, wait. Make that 41. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Better hurry, honestly 100 posts is not that much. I managed to get over a 1000 in a year, so a hundred should be doable in a year for most users.

[quote name='Zyrin']There really is no pleasing people.[/QUOTE]

Give a mouse a cookie and he's gonna want milk. Give him milk and he's gonna want another cookie. And then s'more milk. And if he's all full up on cookie and milk, he's probably asking for a napkin or a Spider-man video game. Speaking of which...

To Tony the Ever-Patient, Tony the Ever-Dealastic, Tony the Game-Giver, Tony the Epic...

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Does that mean you guys will have the recent Activision Spider-man games on your digital downloads?

Also, thanks again![/QUOTE]

[quote name='60fps']Would this include a possible digital version of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Wolverine Origins Unleashed?[/QUOTE]

Got Spidey-milk?

[quote name='DropZite']Didn't you guys even consider that Tony's account is not even a year old yet, and most of the new members here in this thread only registered because of Tony and his deals. So this restriction only benefit members who are already members even before Tony joined CAG yet.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Count me as one of the folks that became a member solely because Tony decided to engage his customer base using this forum.

It is ironic that Tony would barely qualify, or perhaps may not qualify, for a giveaway that his company is sponsoring if he was limited to codes given out by CAG.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Better hurry, honestly 100 posts is not that much. I managed to get over a 1000 in a year, so a hundred should be doable in a year for most users.[/QUOTE]

I tend to read more than post been around for 9 months, and now I am at 42. Ahh.. I get it now. The trick is to just chat with you and I will be there in no time ;)

Its probably been asked before so I apologize but any word on Saints Row the Third coming back for $10 sometime this summer? I missed it last time because I had limited funds with the Steam sale and all but kicking myself for it.

Also thanks Tony for the WotR beta. I hope it runs better than the alpha I tried a few weeks ago!

[quote name='hal']To everyone that hasn't been here one year:

No doubt someone will still figure out some way to exploit because people tend to be real asshats.[/QUOTE]

Well put.

I honestly am getting sick of all of these new people complaining and making it sound like they deserve to have it right this instant.

I am glad you put it nicely and logically hahah

On that note, thanks for the key, I look forward to trying the beta!

Night Gents

And if anyone needs extra for gaming groups on steam feel free to add me

Click here to add me -->
AddFriend.png

classic-76561198056146032.png

[quote name='BrolyB593']Well put.

I honestly am getting sick of all of these new people complaining and making it sound like they deserve to have it right this instant.

I am glad you put it nicely and logically hahah

On that note, thanks for the key, I look forward to trying the beta![/QUOTE]
No, I will not get off your lawn ;)

As a newbie, I am fine with the minimum threshold as we all saw what happened with no restrictions. It is a nice reward for the veterans.

That said, I do worry that the 1 year threshold will have to consistently be revised once all those spammed accounts reach their CAGiversary. That would have quite a few of us babies thrown out with the bathwater. Still, something had to be done to secure the system, so hopefully things will get ironed out as we move forward.

[quote name='Daryl']No, I will not get off your lawn ;)

As a newbie, I am fine with the minimum threshold as we all saw what happened with no restrictions. It is a nice reward for the veterans.

That said, I do worry that the 1 year threshold will have to consistently be revised once all those spammed accounts reach their CAGiversary. That would have quite a few of us babies thrown out with the bathwater. Still, something had to be done to secure the system, so hopefully things will get ironed out as we move forward.[/QUOTE]
Well, theoretically speaking, yes, people could create a slew of accounts and just wait for them to get old enough to apply for the codes.

That's not really the issue though, since the one year minimum account age on the WotR code is only for the first TWO days of the giveaway. After two days, it's a free-for-all again, and anyone can hoard codes. That's the problem.

But who knows; maybe Cheapy+John DID include a minimum account age requisite on the rest of the codes too, just not the one year requirement. I certainly hope so, because otherwise it's just going to be more nonsense that could easily be avoided.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret for the War of the Roses beta...

Fat Shark games are usually pretty bad and this isn't shaping up to be an exception. It's basically Mount and Blade without a meaningful single player campaign condensed into a team-based multiplayer arena brawl. And that's just from videos, I didn't bother redeeming/asking for a beta key.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, theoretically speaking, yes, people could create a slew of accounts and just wait for them to get old enough to apply for the codes.

That's not really the issue though, since the one year minimum account age on the WotR code is only for the first TWO days of the giveaway. After two days, it's a free-for-all again, and anyone can hoard codes. That's the problem.

But who knows; maybe Cheapy+John DID include a minimum account age requisite on the rest of the codes too, just not the one year requirement. I certainly hope so, because otherwise it's just going to be more nonsense that could easily be avoided.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know. I am more thinking that perhaps there may have been a big bump in account creation during the Saints Row DLC fiasco. If not, then this system really does deter but the most patient of account spammers.

I don't mind a two-day wait at all. Between an active 8 months of Steam trading, and Tony's killer sales, I have enough backlog to keep me busy. As a new account who has lurked for years, I like to think I can see both sides. It is not fun seeing the new and veterans disagreeing over something, especially since this thread has been so (generally) welcoming, friendly and positive.

The only cure (besides more cowbell) is more insane Amazon deals to unify us. We can then put down the War of the Roses beta thorns and pick up our mice and credit cards and dance together around Tony's maypole of deals.

lol no more codes of that beta, at leats keep a portion of the codes for those that cant get them at the begining; pff well ill spread the word about how idiotic this thing is

[quote name='JohnnyBravi']lol no more codes of that beta, at leats keep a portion of the codes for those that cant get them at the begining; pff well ill spread the word about how idiotic this thing is[/QUOTE]

Ah, the outrage of a guy who has been registered here a whole week. :roll:

[quote name='Shrowd']ugg... looks like one of the beta key sellers has a year+ membership

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2861711[/QUOTE]

These keys aren't exclusive to CAG or Amazon. He could have gotten that from anywhere. I got mine directly from their website, but it's only guaranteed if you can get five other people to use your referral code.

I still don't think this thread should become about these little codes. These aren't even full paid games. Their either F2P or cheap DLC. No need to derail this topic over or even worth complaining about.

I'd rather focus on Amazon deals and waiting to see if Tony can get more publishers to put their catalog on ADVG. I really want to see if they get Dark Souls before I buy elsewhere.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry, we blew through those 500 codes really fast. Hopefully, we can get more.[/QUOTE]
lol wow...

I hope none of the codes were stolen and published on Reddit or on SteamGifts .

[quote name='60fps']These keys aren't exclusive to CAG or Amazon. He could have gotten that from anywhere. I got mine directly from their website, but it's only guaranteed if you can get five other people to use your referral code.

I still don't think this thread should become about these little codes. These aren't even full paid games. Their either F2P or cheap DLC. No need to derail this topic over or even worth complaining about.

I'd rather focus on Amazon deals and waiting to see if Tony can get more publishers to put their catalog on ADVG. I really want to see if they get Dark Souls before I buy elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Can we get back to the business of talking about how awesome Tony is? Or at least about the next Amazon sale? (If you want to complain, go complain at the people who abused the older, more open system and leave this thread dedicated to the "Amazon PCDD." Hint: You may want to go find that nebulous site referred to as, 'Reddit' for those yokels. Complain about what they've done to you to your heart's content.)

This thread is about Amazon PCDD. Y'know, like it says in the title of this thread? It's that thing you click when you pull up the thread.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']I hope none of the codes were stolen and published on Reddit or on SteamGifts .[/QUOTE]

I've been following the Steamgifts giveaways since before the summer sale and am tired of seeing the latest Indie Gala bundle games polluting the site: Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943, Space Rangers, Rig n Roll, Death to Spies, King's Bounty, and others. It would be different if they were following rules and posting the entire bundle, but everyone (including CAGS) are giving away these bundle games and the Amazon giveaways and it just disgusts me. I have a couple of legit games that I planned on giving away on there, but the more I see of the abuse just disgusts me. There are people on there with account values of over $500 that are only breaking down the Indie Bundles.

I really hope we can get the CAG code system working so that people can't horde them. There must be a way to only allow one account per IP address. I really appreciate the work that Tony has done on this site and hope that the abuse of trust will not stop the many positives that have come out of this. I come here to find out about Amazon game deal news and can't wait to hear about the next round.

[quote name='rawgamer']I've been following the Steamgifts giveaways since before the summer sale and am tired of seeing the latest Indie Gala bundle games polluting the site: Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943, Space Rangers, Rig n Roll, Death to Spies, King's Bounty, and others. It would be different if they were following rules and posting the entire bundle, but everyone (including CAGS) are giving away these bundle games and the Amazon giveaways and it just disgusts me. I have a couple of legit games that I planned on giving away on there, but the more I see of the abuse just disgusts me. There are people on there with account values of over $500 that are only breaking down the Indie Bundles.

I really hope we can get the CAG code system working so that people can't horde them. There must be a way to only allow one account per IP address. I really appreciate the work that Tony has done on this site and hope that the abuse of trust will not stop the many positives that have come out of this. I come here to find out about Amazon game deal news and can't wait to hear about the next round.[/QUOTE]
They are folowwing the rules. Rules have changed and now bundle keys are allowed. And bundle keys can only give 25% of value ofyour contributions. So, if every game someone gives is a bundle key, he will have 0$ contributor value.

[quote name='rawgamer']I've been following the Steamgifts giveaways since before the summer sale and am tired of seeing the latest Indie Gala bundle games polluting the site: Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943, Space Rangers, Rig n Roll, Death to Spies, King's Bounty, and others. It would be different if they were following rules and posting the entire bundle, but everyone (including CAGS) are giving away these bundle games and the Amazon giveaways and it just disgusts me. I have a couple of legit games that I planned on giving away on there, but the more I see of the abuse just disgusts me. There are people on there with account values of over $500 that are only breaking down the Indie Bundles.

I really hope we can get the CAG code system working so that people can't horde them. There must be a way to only allow one account per IP address. I really appreciate the work that Tony has done on this site and hope that the abuse of trust will not stop the many positives that have come out of this. I come here to find out about Amazon game deal news and can't wait to hear about the next round.[/QUOTE]

They already limit it 1 per IP. Please lets take the discussion to where it belongs to at http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325986

[quote name='60fps']These keys aren't exclusive to CAG or Amazon. He could have gotten that from anywhere. I got mine directly from their website, but it's only guaranteed if you can get five other people to use your referral code.
[/QUOTE]

The reason I posted this was that the CAG giveaway to 1+ members and the trade posting on steam happened within minutes of each other. Yes it could have possibly been gotten elsewhere. But it looked real bad when you factor in the timelines involved. If you look at my other post about this topic I even made sure to offer legit problem solving solutions and not just complain. I do my best to drive traffic to this website, buy a ton of games from Amazon DD, even make sure that if there is a sale that I click the link posted here to ensure that the website gets credit for the sale.

I have never been involved in a beta before (almost 40 years of gaming) and was looking forward like others to try this game out. So yeah, it kinda sucks and I am sorry that a few of the older CAG vets can not see why some of the newer blood would be disappointed and even offer support.

I stand corrected thanks guys; I guess I just put my foot in my own mouth and didn't research enough. I do have something to add to the topic though and that is Sleeping Dogs is looking like it's going to be a solid game as it has already gotten two 9/10 scores from (OXM and OPM) and Amazon has their preorder deal running. Only 6 days left...

[quote name='rawgamer']
I really hope we can get the CAG code system working so that people can't horde them. There must be a way to only allow one account per IP address.[/QUOTE]IP checking is in place. Unfortunately, it's very easy to get a new IP address and there is not much we can do to stop a dedicated person.

The plan was this:

Days 1 & 2 = year plus
Day 3 = 6 months+
Day 4 = 3 months+
Day 5 = everyone

Unfortunately, we blew through 500 codes in just a few hours. I hope we can get some more. I'm sure you all realize that no matter what we do, we won't be able to please everyone.

In an effort to keep this thread on track, can we move code giveaway discussion to this thread please?

[quote name='CheapyD']IP checking is in place. Unfortunately, it's very easy to get a new IP address and there is not much we can do to stop a dedicated person.

The plan was this:

Days 1 & 2 = year plus
Day 3 = 6 months+
Day 4 = 3 months+
Day 5 = everyone

Unfortunately, we blew through 500 codes in just a few hours. I hope we can get some more. I'm sure you all realize that no matter what we do, we won't be able to please everyone.

In an effort to keep this thread on track, can we move code giveaway discussion to this thread please?

[/QUOTE]

This is much better now that it's organised like this! With the new thread as well we won't get so many people complaining on here ;)

Any chance of a price reduction on Borderlands 2? Would still rather give Tony my business (and CAG a small slice by following the link here) than other sites.

Hey guys,

Lots of feedback in the previous pages. I've been working on putting together more deals for this month, our Labor Day sale is going to be stupid awesome.

I'll comment on the code giveaway thing after updating you on deals:

1. 8/12-8/18 - Iron Cross: Rise of Flight Edition - $9.99 - Not Steam
2. 8/12-8/18 - The 11 DotEmu games we carry - $9.99 - DRM Free
3. 8/17-8/19 - The Secret World - $24.99
4. As soon as we get it live - Guild Wars Platinum (Guild Wars + Eye of the North): $19.99 + $5 credit towards Guild Wars 2 Pre-Order
5. I am expecting to hear back from Paradox tomorrow on updates for Deal of the Week/Labor Day Sale
6. EA,Take 2 (Rockstar+2K), THQ, Nordic Games, Ubisoft all have amazing line ups for the Labor Day. I will share full details as we finalize timing.
7. I'm working on 2 - 25 game bundles from Strategy First for $12.49 each, some of the games will have Steam codes, others will not.
8. Many of you have asked about the 1C promotions and where we're at. We will likely run a bundle of all of their games for between $12.49-$14.99, I am awaiting confirmation on pricing, additionally we will be offering both DRM free and Steam keys where applicable/available on their titles. Again, still working to get all of these assets/final confirmation.
9. Many of you have asked about the return of the THQ/Square Enix bundles. I am working on this but have 0 firm updates at this point. THQ looks promising, Square does not.
10. We'll see the return of the Serious Sam promotion soon at 75% off the individual games. I'm pushing for a bundle and 80% off the 4-packs again, but I have not received confirmation on this, only the 75% off the individual games.
11. We haven't had a "suggest your own bundle" conversation in a while. If anyone is interested in doing this I'm happy to discuss and pitch your thoughts to vendors. I'd love to look at some of the guys that we don't promote all the time as well to get your thoughts, but am happy to take any input. Again, this is voluntary and I can't guarantee that we'll be able to run them, but if we talk about some and I think there is a chance we'll be able to run them, I'll pitch them :). Let me know.
12. Shrowd asked about a discount on BL2, we've got it at 10% off currently, including the already 4 for 3 priced 4 pack and we distributed another 10% off code to everyone who had ever purchased Borderlands GOTY from us digitally. That's the only current plan for BL2 promotions.

**Deep breath**.

As for the giveaway conversation, which has now spanned at least 10 pages, here are my thoughts:

1. I'm super glad Cheapy built the new giveaway tool, I think it will be of great benefit to the site as a whole.
2. I just sent Cheapy 1K more beta keys to distribute, I trust him and his team to figure out how to distribute these fairly. This is their site after all.
3. I'm currently in "wait and see" mode regarding whether or not we'll be providing more keys for giveaways in the future. Given the amount of churn there has been around how to handle key distribution. I hear both sides of the conversation ("Yay free keys!" vs. "Boo I didn't get one"). I'd like to share my perspective so you understand where I'm coming from. The process of sourcing and distributing keys for giveaways like this is extremely labor intensive, and Cheapy's system made/makes it manageable at scale (meaning I can distribute more than 100 keys without negatively impacting the rest of my job), right now I have 0 data on how this extremely labor intensive work is going to impact actual sales, so there is a strong possibility that hosting the giveaway will end up being a colossal waste of time. This is OK as long as I can continue point to customer comments like "This is awesome, thanks man!". As we start introducing comments like "This left a bad taste in my mouth and will negatively impact purchase decisions in the future" it immediately removes my ability to pursue projects like this. Creating a robust technical solution is exactly what we were trying to avoid because as soon as I raise my hand and say "Hey guys, I'd like to divert valuable development resources from doing things like programming gifting, or allowing customers to specify where to install their games, or getting credit card points associated with digital purchases" the immediate response is "yeah man that sounds awesome, why is it more important than any of those things you just mentioned?". There is no good answer to that question.

TLDR: I hear both sides of the conversation around giveaways, and the result of hearing that feedback is that, after the War of the Roses giveaway, my pursuit of any future giveaways will be 100% dependent on how that game performs out of the gate. It sucks that this is the position I need to take, but without any sort of justification for further resource allocation towards a project like this, I can't pursue it.

As always, thanks for the feedback guys, don't take any of this as negative, we're testing and learning, some stuff works, some stuff doesn't, but without feedback like yours it is much harder to determine what does and doesn't.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'] 12. Shrowd asked about a discount on BL2, we've got it at 10% off currently, including the already 4 for 3 priced 4 pack and we distributed another 10% off code to everyone who had ever purchased Borderlands GOTY from us digitally. That's the only current plan for BL2 promotions.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the silly fast response.

I have not been able to find a 4 pack to participate in, so that leaves my options at:

$53.99 vs $37.50

Even factoring in being a loyal customer, the price difference of near $20 is hard to justify. Wish I could help get you that tattoo, still hope the goal is reached and we can see it on the boards.

will the activision agreement be sorted out before the labor day weekend and will they be included in the sale? i am specifically looking for a steamable cod warchest for real cheap. thanks.

I'll be looking forward to Labor Day then. Too bad school will be bringing down my gaming time by then but I got high hopes for this sale after how great the July one was. Thanks Tony!

Been here for 8 months and just finally set up my picture and signature. Ha... it feels great to not be studying constantly. :lol:

Time to go smash some orcs.

does anyone know if the $18 in promotional video game credit in my account has anything to do with preordering borderlands 2? i want to use it since it expires on the 31st of august.

[quote name='LCAWC']To be fair, the check-out page on Amazon does say what funds are coming out of which options (card, credit, gift card). While it would be nice to be able to look up what exactly the special credits you get on Amazon can be used for after you're credited, it was your own fault for clicking through the check-out page without checking to see how exactly your order was being paid for.[/QUOTE]

what? im not sure what you're saying. i paid with credit card using the 10% promotional discount along with borderlands being 10% off already. i'm only asking to see why i have $18 in promotional video game credit. I'm not sure you understand.

Re: 'Suggest your own Bundle' -- is this something that would be 'suggested' on the group level here at CAG or would individuals actually be able to pick X number of games out of a list of Y preselected games and form their own bundle for Z cost. If it's the former I don't think it would be worth pursuing given the diversity of opinions. If it's the latter I think it would be a great idea and would work well with publishers you have a large catalog from like Paradox or THQ, etc. A lot of people already have certain amount of games from previous bundles and would probably like the chance to custom make their own.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, the amazon digital credit system is awful. It doesn't show what credit you have/what for/etc. Basically if you a promotional credit it in your account for say $5 off the pre-order of Borderlands 2, it will show up as a general credit if you check your credit, but it will only be able to be used if you are pre-ordering that specific game.

So yeah, the best policy is look at the check out page, if no credit is showing up it means the credit in your account is likely for a very specific thing and not what you are trying to purchase.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the help and advice instead of putting me down. appreciate it much. true CAG!

[quote name='darcmin']will the activision agreement be sorted out before the labor day weekend and will they be included in the sale? i am specifically looking for a steamable cod warchest for real cheap. thanks.[/QUOTE]

We're starting to get the older stuff up (Prototype went up today :) ). I'll check on the Warchest but as of right now we haven't heard from Activision on participation.

[quote name='deletion']what? im not sure what you're saying. i paid with credit card using the 10% promotional discount along with borderlands being 10% off already. i'm only asking to see why i have $18 in promotional video game credit. I'm not sure you understand.[/QUOTE]

I replied in PM, sorry your response got lost in my full folder. My folder is empty now.

Let me know if you're still confused.

[quote name='Mooby']Re: 'Suggest your own Bundle' -- is this something that would be 'suggested' on the group level here at CAG or would individuals actually be able to pick X number of games out of a list of Y preselected games and form their own bundle for Z cost. If it's the former I don't think it would be worth pursuing given the diversity of opinions. If it's the latter I think it would be a great idea and would work well with publishers you have a large catalog from like Paradox or THQ, etc. A lot of people already have certain amount of games from previous bundles and would probably like the chance to custom make their own.[/QUOTE]

I agree custom bundling would be LEGIT. Unfortunately that tech isn't built yet :(. I was looking more for opinions.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back