Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darcmin']a sale before a labor day sale. my wallet just b*tch slapped me.[/QUOTE]

My wallet does that every friday!:D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just confirmed that Digital Video Games will have its first ever Gold Box Deal of the Day (the big box in the center of the goldbox page) this month. Will follow with more details but it is going to be awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but what is the goldbox page?

inb4 :dunce:

[quote name='Seraphym']I'm sorry, but what is the goldbox page?

inb4 :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Click on "Today's Deals" near the top of any Amazon page. There you'll see the daily Gold Box deal along with lightning deals that come and go throughout the day.

Amazon also customizes discounts for customers based on their shopping history. Those can be found further down the Gold Box page.

So I keep reading about this Labor Day and it sounds awesome! So question Tony can we see any Focus Interactive games such as Game of Thrones (this one I want for $0.00-$25 :p)?
Thank you! :D

Other than the principle of not uninstalling with the game itself being installed, is there really anything detrimental about SecuROM?

I want to hop on Crysis, but thats holding me back so far. From what I can find thru google, seems like its not computer crippling except in rare situations, and people are more angry over principles behind the DRM rather than the actual DRM itself wrecking havoc on a system.

[quote name='moojuice']Other than the principle of not uninstalling with the game itself being installed, is there really anything detrimental about SecuROM?

I want to hop on Crysis, but thats holding me back so far. From what I can find thru google, seems like its not computer crippling except in rare situations, and people are more angry over principles behind the DRM rather than the actual DRM itself wrecking havoc on a system.[/QUOTE]

I've played Securom games without a problem. I own both Crysis on PC too so I wouldn't keep that from you enjoying them.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just confirmed that Digital Video Games will have its first ever Gold Box Deal of the Day (the big box in the center of the goldbox page) this month. Will follow with more details but it is going to be awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Can we expect maybe...

...Max Payne 3?
...Sleeping Dogs?
...Darksiders 2?

Teach the physical side a thing or two about sales with your Gold Box tony. The last few months of Gold Boxes for video games have been kind of....bland.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Congrats Tony and the Amazon digital download team!

From my outsider perspective, this looks like your team is getting some well-deserved recognition from the greater Amazon company to start getting placement on one of the biggest promotional tool Amazon offers. Well done and I hope it leads to good things!

[quote name='darcmin']a sale before a labor day sale. my wallet just b*tch slapped me.[/QUOTE]

It's been nothing but instant ramen since the steam sale, I'm pretty sure Tony's conspiring to keep me on ramen all the way to the winter sales.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']@ Tony

Can Amazon offer bundle deals like these ?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/combos

That FIFA bundle for $4.95 is tempting .[/QUOTE]
Not only does Amazon not match or mimic foreign digital retailers, Amazon also offers better bundles, and that FIFA bundle is not $4.95.

39.99 Brazilian reals = 19.8393 US dollars

[quote name='Idiotekque'] and that FIFA bundle is not $4.95.

39.99 Brazilian reals = 19.8393 US dollars[/QUOTE]Because the promo expired . It was 9.99 Brazilian reals = $4.95. The bundle included FIFA 12 + FIFA Manager 12 .

[quote name='ne_zavarj']Because the promo expired . It was 9.99 Brazilian reals = $4.95. The bundle included FIFA 12 + FIFA Manager 12 .[/QUOTE]
Oh, weird. I never saw that when I got the newsletter and checked the combo list.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']I think that if there are no discounts anywhere, you kinda have to conclude that the publisher wants it that way.

Quoth the Wiki of Pedias:
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is an upcoming third-person shooter video game being developed by High Moon Studios and published by Activision.
[/QUOTE]

Uh, COD and various other Activision mainstays are historically $20 off pretty close to release. I'm sure no CAG has paid $60 for COD on release since maybe COD2.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Not only does Amazon not match or mimic foreign digital retailers, Amazon also offers better bundles, and that FIFA bundle is not $4.95.

39.99 Brazilian reals = 19.8393 US dollars[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon had the Harry Potter pack cheaper in the past (at least I think I bought it from amazon for $5 earlier in the year)

[quote name='Corpekata']Teach the physical side a thing or two about sales with your Gold Box tony. The last few months of Gold Boxes for video games have been kind of....bland.[/QUOTE]

I think most CAGs would agree that most Gold Box offers are pretty lame, except during black Friday. I'm hoping this will change our minds.

[quote name='moojuice']Other than the principle of not uninstalling with the game itself being installed, is there really anything detrimental about SecuROM?

I want to hop on Crysis, but thats holding me back so far. From what I can find thru google, seems like its not computer crippling except in rare situations, and people are more angry over principles behind the DRM rather than the actual DRM itself wrecking havoc on a system.[/QUOTE]

it depends which software packages you're using. i've heard of some people having some serious problems with certain applications after they installed games with securom 7.

i can tolerate certain drm, such as the ones from steam. ea is a nightmare though, and i don't want to install anything on my computer with their drm.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']I think most CAGs would agree that most Gold Box offers are pretty lame, except during black Friday. I'm hoping this will change our minds.[/QUOTE]

yeah, except that they run out in about 3 seconds.

[quote name='booger19a']Does Crysis Maximum activate on Steam if you purchase it from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Does not activate on STEAM; also does not activate on Origin.
It's similar to the physical retail disk. You download the install package and install.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Nope. Does not activate on STEAM; also does not activate on Origin.
It's similar to the physical retail disk. You download the install package and install.[/QUOTE]

If you contact EA support they will activate it on Origin for you.

[quote name='SCMoney360']Going completely off topic here..

Finally bit on sleeping dogs. I'm only a few hours in and it's pretty enjoyable.[/QUOTE]
Game is absolutely fantastic. My favorite of the year so far. And it's probably the best PC port of a game in recent memory.

can i install each part of the crysis package seperately? maybe i'll get it and just avoid installing warhead (even though it sounds like fun).

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony, why isn't Sleeping Dogs 50% off yet? You disappoint me![/QUOTE]

Ummmm...probably b/c it has been reviewed VERY well and is selling well...

If people are buying it and it was reviewed well, why would the pub's/dev's drop the price?

[quote name='MysterD']Ummmm...probably b/c it has been reviewed VERY well and is selling well...

If people are buying it and it was reviewed well, why would the pub's/dev's drop the price?[/QUOTE]

I was surprised when I saw Max Payne 3 at 25% off within a month of release. Then I heard it didn't sell very well which explained the sudden drop.

Good to hear things are going well for Sleeping Dogs. Pretty impressive to see it selling even better than Darksiders 2 on most sites.

[quote name='60fps']I was surprised when I saw Max Payne 3 at 25% off within a month of release. Then I heard it didn't sell very well which explained the sudden drop. [/quote]
After seeing how Darkness 2 & Spec Ops: The Line tanked so quick b/c of poor reviews and/or poor sales, Max 3 wasn't a surprise.

Especially since Max 3 on the consoles released SAME day as that fast-selling record-breaker known as Diablo 3. Seriously - Rockstar should've delayed the game a bit, so it didn't have to compete w/ D3.
Plus, Max 3 PC was released AFTER Max 3 for consoles.

Good to hear things are going well for Sleeping Dogs. Pretty impressive to see it selling even better than Darksiders 2 on most sites.
That's probably b/c Sleeping Dogs PC is being considered one of the better PC ports, while Darksiders 2 currently is not - especially since the dev's have apologized for Darksiders 2 PC port.

Recent article from Kotaku comparing those 2 ports for Sleeping Dogs PC and Darksiders 2 PC.

[quote name='MysterD']Ummmm...probably b/c it has been reviewed VERY well and is selling well...

If people are buying it and it was reviewed well, why would the pub's/dev's drop the price?[/QUOTE]

I was joking....

It's almost as if the guy you quoted was not being serious and was making a joke. Hard to believe, I know.

[quote name='MysterD']After seeing how Darkness 2 & Spec Ops: The Line tanked so quick b/c of poor reviews and/or poor sales, Max 3 wasn't a surprise.

Especially since Max 3 on the consoles released SAME day as that fast-selling record-breaker known as Diablo 3. Seriously - Rockstar should've delayed the game a bit, so it didn't have to compete w/ D3.
Plus, Max 3 PC was released AFTER Max 3 for consoles.
[/QUOTE]

They released the console version that day because it's not a direct competitor to D3, which was PC only. Should they have still maybe given it some space? Probably. Releasing the PC version 2 weeks later was, I imagine, so PC gamers would at least look at another game by then.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']They released the console version that day because it's not a direct competitor to D3, which was PC only. Should they have still maybe given it some space? Probably. Releasing the PC version 2 weeks later was, I imagine, so PC gamers would at least look at another game by then.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, it probably wasn't smart for ANY game on ANY system to come out within a couple weeks of D3. It absolutely hijacked the market.

Didn't live up to expectations, but regardless.

Yea D3 duped me, havent played since about a month after release
[quote name='KaOTiK']I was joking....[/QUOTE]
oh...I was looking forward to Tonys answer on that

[quote name='Larce80']Yea D3 duped me, havent played since about a month after release

oh...I was looking forward to Tonys answer on that[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't get me wrong half price is my buy it now price for the game, but I don't think we will see it right away. I'm almost done with Darksiders 2 :(

[quote name='radioactivez0r']They released the console version that day because it's not a direct competitor to D3, which was PC only. Should they have still maybe given it some space? Probably. Releasing the PC version 2 weeks later was, I imagine, so PC gamers would at least look at another game by then.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure if that would have played that much a factor. D3 had a lot of downtime in the first week. I remember the WoW population spiking when D3 went out *again* -- and the positive but frustrated comments about D3 in WoW trade chat. Blizz didn't fool me; I was doubtful about D3 after seeing the trend they've been going with WoW.

Tony, I know they're not very popular these days, but I was wondering if there any plans, for labor day or in the future, to have other adventure bundles like the recent Nancy Drew bundle.

I pre-ordered Sleeping Dogs through Amazon DD, everything went smoothly as usual, and it's a lot of fun. It's a great PC game.

I also bought Darksiders 2, but I haven't tried that one yet. I Used my $5 credit on the new XCOM.

Keep up the good work, Tony.

Just a note of appreciation - is there any other business that takes sale suggestions and makes them happen like Amazon does?

Hope Tony is enjoying his weekend because I have a feeling we're going to be moving at the speed of a freight train pretty soon.

The Most Serious Bundle Ever $19.99 includes :

1.Serious Sam 2 [Download]
2. Serious Sam 3: BFE [Download]
3. Serious Sam Double D [Download]
4. Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter [Download]
5. Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - Legend of the Beast DLC Pack [Online Game Code ]
6. Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter [Download]
7. Serious Sam: The Random Encounter [Download]

The Enlightened Entertainment Package $9.99 includes :

1. Capitalism 2 [Download]
2. Circus Empire [Download]
3. Football Mogul 2007 [Download]
4. Hotel Giant [Download]
5. Marine Park Empire [Download]
6. Nemesis of the Roman Empire [Download]
7. Restaurant Empire [Download]
8. Seven Kingdoms 2 [Download]
9. Warlords Battlecry 3 [Download]