Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TONY

I see Lead and Gold: Gangs of The Wild West on your list of games going to be on sale, which FatShark developed.
And, Fatshark also developed that upcoming War of the Roses game, which you guys are already taking pre-orders on.

So, do you Amazon DVG guys plan on getting one of FatShark's other recent games, an ARPG called KRATER: Shadows over Solside?

Would

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I need to check on this.

So it would be inappropriate for me to get into a detailed discussion around how deals are structured. It would be more appropriate for me to suggest that you do some research on how retail promotions work, namely how retailers work with the companies who produce products to create promotions (sales). Someone on this thread might have insight for you as well :).

I have to run out guys. I'm interviewing new roommates this week and have a bunch stopping over. If you're in Seattle please come down to our party tomorrow night :).

Also, I'll be adding more stuff to the list this evening, stay tuned.

I THINK i have the most exciting stuff up there right now though.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Good luck on the roommate hunt. To be clear, my poster was just a joke and not meant to imply I did not believe you.

@TONY

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
So it would be inappropriate for me to get into a detailed discussion around how deals are structured. It would be more appropriate for me to suggest that you do some research on how retail promotions work, namely how retailers work with the companies who produce products to create promotions (sales). Someone on this thread might have insight for you as well :).[/quote]
Very understandable and very interesting.

I have to run out guys. I'm interviewing new roommates this week and have a bunch stopping over. If you're in Seattle please come down to our party tomorrow night :).
Sure, you mention a party...
But, I'm out here, not too far from Boston.... :p

Cheers,
Tony
Geez, you're still not done w/ the list?
Looking forward to whatever the heck else you might add...

Oh, is that insane 1C Catalog Pack you mentioned before going to be in this Labor Day Madness Sale?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Look at all the Trainz, Fox...[/QUOTE]

:drool:

I just saw that. It would be my third Train Simulator, but I will def. be getting one of them once they go live. Gotta figure out which is the best bang for my buck out of those. I know most are expansions, but I don't know the differences between different years.

Here's hoping for more simulators :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

Tony, long time follower but first time poster. Any chance of seeing any of the Dragon Age titles in the updated list for EA? I know their Origin promo is still going on and I wouldn't mind picking up Dragon Age 2 despite the varied opinions on its value.

Thanks for putting all of this together.
Jboyd1829

[quote name='Jboyd1829']Tony, long time follower but first time poster. Any chance of seeing any of the Dragon Age titles in the updated list for EA? I know their Origin promo is still going on and I wouldn't mind picking up Dragon Age 2 despite the varied opinions on its value.

Thanks for putting all of this together.
Jboyd1829[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure Tony mentioned that he or EA was going to give Dragon Age a rest for a bit on the discounting. The post should be a few (or more) pages back.

And having played the first two acts of Dragon Age II, I feel confident in saying the negative feedback towards DA2 was overblown. Was it worth $60? No, but few games are to most gamers, especially those who frequent CAG. Was it on the same level as Dragon Age:O? No again.

But is it fun to play? Absolutely! And at the price it has been offered in the past (as part of the DA:U bundle), definitely worth the price.

I think most folks were expecting an older-style CRPG similar to DA:O and instead they got ME2: Dragon Age edition (with aggressive recycling of the environments!). Since those guys had been locked in with pre-orders and the like, they flipped out and set the tone for everyone else. And since EA decided to have Bioware adopt the Unreal engine for game development, there is almost no chance that they are going to go back to the style of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 1. So disgruntled gamers are still carrying the hate torch towards all things Bioware in the hopes they can get EA to change strategy.

Wow... Those Paradox deals just got so much cheaper. I swear Plentiful Paradox Package was $12.49 and Plethora of Paradox Games was $19.99 last time

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

I see Lead and Gold: Gangs of The Wild West on your list of games going to be on sale, which FatShark developed.
And, Fatshark also developed that upcoming War of the Roses game, which you guys are already taking pre-orders on.

So, do you Amazon DVG guys plan on getting one of FatShark's other recent games, an ARPG called KRATER: Shadows over Solside?

Would

[quote name='Corpekata']Fatshark self published Krater. The others are Paradox published, so it doesn't really relate much.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Amazon DVG should get into contact w/ FatShark and see if they can get Krater up on Amazon DVG... ;)

Hey, would anyone happen to know if you can use the Amazon version of M&B: Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC with the Steam Version of M&B: Warband?

I am thinking no, but don't know for certain.

[quote name='Papytendo']Hey, would anyone happen to know if you can use the Amazon version of M&B: Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC with the Steam Version of M&B: Warband?

I am thinking no, but don't know for certain.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it DOES NOT. That said, you CAN use your key from the Steam version to DL the M&B: Warband files directly from the M&B website, install it outside of steam, and then play it outside of steam. Then you could use the Amazon version of Napoleonic Wars with the non-steam install. This is what I did.

I see the Dead Space games on sale separately... but not bundled together like you said they would be, Tony.

Has that bundle just not been listed yet?

[quote name='Idiotekque']I see the Dead Space games on sale separately... but not bundled together like you said they would be, Tony.

Has that bundle just not been listed yet?[/QUOTE]

I know I'm not Tony so you can disregard this post if you want, but right there in the OP:

Dead Space Dual Pack -7.99

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I can confirm it DOES NOT. That said, you CAN use your key from the Steam version to DL the M&B: Warband files directly from the M&B website, install it outside of steam, and then play it outside of steam. Then you could use the Amazon version of Napoleonic Wars with the non-steam install. This is what I did.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, this is along the lines of what I thought.

A little upset by the addition of the Max Payne 3 + LA Noire pack. I don't have LA Noire but already had GTA IV, so I would have rather have the Noire pack. Is there anyway you can help me out? .... but if not, the HUGE number of other awesome game sales makes up for it.

Thanks for the sales. Now i have to look them over and decided which ones I can talk myself into not buying. Might be tricky.

[quote name='Mooby']Paradox needs to start selling Defenders of Ardania for $3.75. Hell, I'm probably only one of about a dozen people who is even interested in it, anyway![/QUOTE]

Well i'm on the dozen group people with you as well, i was kinda hoping for Warlock to drop more on it's price too, 7,50 isn't a bad price for it but it was for 5$ on gamersgate about a month ago.

[quote name='jrodri86']Well i'm on the dozen group people with you as well, i was kinda hoping for Warlock to drop more on it's price too, 7,50 isn't a bad price for it but it was for 5$ on gamersgate about a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Warlock is part of one of the Paradox packs (the cheapest and the most expensive one), you also get Magicka and the Majesty games I think or something like that for around 7.50, so it's an amazingly good deal

[quote name='FireS']Its under EA Deals 8/30-9/9

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091UOX1W?tag=cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I know I'm not Tony so you can disregard this post if you want, but right there in the OP:

Dead Space Dual Pack -7.99[/QUOTE]
Yikes, I looked that section up and down at least five times and still somehow missed that! Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

(I just highlight his name because I'd imagine questions to him get easily lost in the flood.)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yikes, I looked that section up and down at least five times and still somehow missed that! Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

(I just highlight his name because I'd imagine questions to him get easily lost in the flood.)[/QUOTE]

I was just joking with you :)

I only saw the bundle until you pointed out the individuals. I have DS2 already, but not DS1 so I am tempted to pick it up.

Anyone know anything about Trainz? Thinking about picking one up, and the classic 1 and 2 pack seem like a pretty good deal. I have almost no experience with the train simulator genre, outside of RR Tycoon something like 10+ years ago, and though it seemed like that could be fun.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I was just joking with you :)

I only saw the bundle until you pointed out the individuals. I have DS2 already, but not DS1 so I am tempted to pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I want to jump on it, but I feel like the Steam Winter Sale will do a similar bundle... They didn't discount the the bundle during the Summer Sale (a penny off, whoo!), so it feels like they'll step it up to grab the people who didn't jump on it during the Summer Sale.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking and EA will pull DS1 and 2 before the Winter Sale.

Decisions decisions...

[quote name='exopuppy']Selling or trading my extra BioShock 1&2 from the desert pack. Would take a trade for Darkness II if you got it.[/QUOTE]
Just a heads up that people are selling the Bioshocks out of that bundle for $5-6 together, and Darkness II is $10. Don't get your hopes up there.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just a heads up that people are selling the Bioshocks out of that bundle for $5-6 together, and Darkness II is $10. Don't get your hopes up there.[/QUOTE]
They're not real high, but I figured Borderlands GOTY + Duke was more than half of that $20 deal so maybe someone who didn't want Darkness would be willing to let it go.

[quote name='nategator']Tony,

Are you sure that SR 2 is non-Steam? The Amazon reviews are saying that their copies were through steam as far back as 04/2012.

EDIT: Also, IdolNinja, one of the main modders in the SR2 modding community, is saying the Amazon DD SR2 is steamable: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/amazon-pcdd-and-powertools.1491/#post-12167[/QUOTE]

Just heard back from Tony. Saints Row 2 IS steamable!

Here is a link to fixing the game port, using some mods: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922

Lots of folks say that SR 2 is the better game if you can get it to run smoothly. For 3 bucks and change I'm looking forward to the challenge, but I also have a quad-core .3 gz close to the magic 3.2gz speed with Windows 7. :)

[quote name='exopuppy']They're not real high, but I figured Borderlands GOTY + Duke was more than half of that $20 deal so maybe someone who didn't want Darkness would be willing to let it go.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands GOTY was $7.49 of the value and Duke Nukem was reluctantly $2.50...hate to say it, but that game has very little value to most people.

[quote name='Papytendo']Hey, would anyone happen to know if you can use the Amazon version of M&B: Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC with the Steam Version of M&B: Warband?

I am thinking no, but don't know for certain.[/QUOTE]

Search the thread, I am pretty sure someone figured out how to do it during the last sale. From memory, it involved using the steam key to get a non-steam version from Paradox, and then using that non-steam version with Napoleonic Wars.

What's the deal with Saints Row 2 anyways? For this price I'd grab it, but what's the deal with the overwhelming wall of "if it doesn't work, do this" on that thread? Is the port really that broken?

[quote name='simpsonps121']Ack - don't listen to these guys. $500 is too much too spend.

Check out SD or other deal shopping sites. You can get it done for $300 OR LESS.

Key to make things easy - buy a MB, CPU and Memory combo. Newegg is a great place to start. But never buy unless there is a sale. Set a month to buy parts, and then begin the build process.

The biggest thing I see guys blow huge money on is graphics cards. Buy cheap, but buy smart. Find a good website that compares graphics cards. A $30 HD card will get you rolling. And then you can start slowly upgrading...[/QUOTE]

you dont know what you are talking about at all.

first you can't upgrade a machine that has a crap processor and motherboard without replacing said crap processor and motherboard. Get an I5 proc with a decent mobo and good memory and if you HAVE to get a cheap graphic card with the intention of upping it later... a $30 card will play games at very poor settings and honestly you can't call it a gaming computer if you have one in there. Really a budget card is around $80-100
and that will do ooook.

If you spend less than $500 you are just throwing your money away. You cant build even a midrange computer for less than that and unless you are just looking to play pc exclusives at poor graphical settings and that wont be able to play new games in three years dont even bother.

Ill be honest if you aren't getting an i5 or a roughly equivalent AMD proc and a decent mobo with decent ram dont even bother a gaming pc as like I said you are wasting your money.

$500 would be the bare minimum and honestly I think its more like $650-750 realistic to get a decent machine if you are starting from scratch.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Is the Huge 1C pack still coming?[/QUOTE]

Tony mentioned that it will be the deal of the week starting 9/9.

[quote name='nategator']Just heard back from Tony. Saints Row 2 IS steamable!

:)[/QUOTE]

i will be getting this if it is steamable. now i have to look over the mega list again and make sure i didn't miss anything.

Will i get 2 seperate keys for Crysis Maximum edition or just 1 ? Already have Crysis 1., and want Crysis Warhead. Was thinking to sell/trade/gift the extra Crysis 1 key....

[quote name='Eoma']Will i get 2 seperate keys for Crysis Maximum edition or just 1 ? Already have Crysis 1., and want Crysis Warhead. Was thinking to sell/trade/gift the extra Crysis 1 key....[/QUOTE]

When I bought Crysis Max I got one key for Warhead and a separate key for Crysis. The Warhead key activates on Origin. The Crysis key did not for me. I managed to chat with a CSR who added it to my account manually, but YMMV.

[quote name='Idiotekque']What's the deal with Saints Row 2 anyways? For this price I'd grab it, but what's the deal with the overwhelming wall of "if it doesn't work, do this" on that thread? Is the port really that broken?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Saints Row 2 is seen as one of the worst port jobs in the last 5 years.

The driving controls suck unless you have an Xbox controller. If you try to mod the driving controls, you run the risk of AI being unable to drive.

The saved game files corrupt if you install a mod after saving a game.

The game is unstable unless the game's running speed is timed correctly.

The game runs poorly in Vista, worse in XP, but more smoothly in Windows 7. But with Windows 7 there is another issue...

In Windows 7, the game runs faster if you are below OR above the 3.2gz speed (the Xbox's triple-core speed). But you can mod around this issue, fixing also the major stability issues. Sometimes the mod fix is automatic, sometimes you have to edit .ini files using a STOPWATCH program. 50/50 odds. I kid you not.

The point is, unless you are willing to put in time to fix the game or you have a triple or quad-core chip with exactly 3.2gz speed, expect stability problems. Consider it a game to play the game.

I'm looking forward to the challenge as the reward is being able to play what some say is the best chapter in the Saints Row franchise :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back