Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pinkgun']
All are steam redeemable exclude Tomb Raider: Underworld[/QUOTE]
They aren't just Steam redeemable. Those games require Steam regardless of where they are purchased.

Also the price is now $9.50 instead of $7.50.

[quote name='FU2']They aren't just Steam redeemable. Those games require Steam regardless of where they are purchased.

Also the price is now $9.50 instead of $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Makes no differences to me

Did $7.50 for this bundle mention before during Labor Day Sale at this thread??

[quote name='FU2']They aren't just Steam redeemable. Those games require Steam regardless of where they are purchased.

Also the price is now $9.50 instead of $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Amazon gave steam key for TR Underworld during last sales @ $7.50

these are some good deals
sig.jpg

[quote name='mac995555']Do all EA Games activate on Origin? Considering KOA and Crysis 2, but if they are just direct downloads, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Those two do

[quote name='jkimrey']If anyone wants Disney Universe for $2 or so, PM me; I purchased the bundle but already had that one.[/QUOTE]I thought gifting isn't available for that pack .

[quote name='pinkgun']Square Enix Ultimate Collection is back, include

1. Just Cause 2 [Download]
2. Kane and Lynch 2 [Download]
3. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light [Download]
4. Supreme Commander 2 [Download]
5. Tomb Raider: Underworld [Download]

And I just acquired JC2+LC: GoL :/

If anyone wants to trade me a Kane & Lynch key for some steam wallet, add me (see signature)

Sure it's been mentioned before, but you guys (Amazon) REALLY need to start allowing Amazon CC reward points to be used on digital purchases.

[quote name='mac995555']Do all EA Games activate on Origin? Considering KOA and Crysis 2, but if they are just direct downloads, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]
I know KoA does and don't doubt that Drabelincoln is correct about Crysis 2.

When I actually got around to installing the Origin client, I was a little surprised to see my copy of Dragon Age 2 and Alice: Madness Returns waiting for me. I know I registered something with DA2 to get my DLC activated but I didn't remember logging into anything for Alice. Did it just read it off my system or something? I think I entered a registration key when installing it so I guess it knew it was the same computer?

I'm not upset though. It's nice to have it organized on the client one way or another. I guess this is a long way of saying that I'm not sure if you can escape EA games showing up on Origin (unless, perhaps, they're through Steam) :lol:

I think Origin scans your harddrive for other EA games. There was a big controversy about it [and why many people were/are against Origin].

Origin also added my copy of Dragon Age Origins [sorry for the double origin :D] although I never activated it on Origin.

Finally bought the Disney pack. Too bad we can't trade any of these games. I only really wanted the Lego game and the Toy Story 3 game. I might try Universe with my bro, so we can pull a not-so-manly all nighter, like we do with the Lego games... If the reviewers are right, and it's LBP meets Lego, then it should be fun.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I think Origin scans your harddrive for other EA games. There was a big controversy about it [and why many people were/are against Origin].[/QUOTE]
Ah, I think I remember hearing about that. Can't say it bothers me much but I can see some people not liking it on principle.

[quote name='JKSonic']Sure it's been mentioned before, but you guys (Amazon) REALLY need to start allowing Amazon CC reward points to be used on digital purchases.[/QUOTE]
Can't you purchase a gift card with those points? If so, you can spend that on game downloads.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Finally bought the Disney pack. Too bad we can't trade any of these games.[/QUOTE]

The only way to trade the games is to download the installer from your account and give it to someone else. They will be able to download the game and also automatically get the key from it (in an HTML file) at the end of the download because the installer is personalized to your Amazon account. The only downside for them is if they don't save the installer, they won't be able to download the game again unless you give a new installer. Of course that's not much different from a old-fashioned game on physical disc where if you lose the installer files or the key, you lose the game.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I think Origin scans your harddrive for other EA games. There was a big controversy about it [and why many people were/are against Origin].

Origin also added my copy of Dragon Age Origins [sorry for the double origin :D] although I never activated it on Origin.[/QUOTE]

If you ever registered the game with an EA account at all though, then it will automatically be added to Origin for you. As far as I know, it doesn't scan your system for other EA games, but it does scan for general system information I believe, just like Steam does.

[quote name='Kurina']If you ever registered the game with an EA account at all though, then it will automatically be added to Origin for you. As far as I know, it doesn't scan your system for other EA games, but it does scan for general system information I believe, just like Steam does.[/QUOTE]
No, it does scan for other games. It found 6 or 7 of the games I had installed and asked for the keys associated to register them to my origin account, which was annoying.

They may have made the scanning optional now, but that was a hassle back when I tried it.

[quote name='FU2']The only way to trade the games is to download the installer from your account and give it to someone else. They will be able to download the game and also automatically get the key from it (in an HTML file) at the end of the download because the installer is personalized to your Amazon account. The only downside for them is if they don't save the installer, they won't be able to download the game again unless you give a new installer. Of course that's not much different from a old-fashioned game on physical disc where if you lose the installer files or the key, you lose the game.[/QUOTE]File sharing is illegal .

Tony,
Thanks for the sale. Any chance of fixing the pricing for the Plentiful Paradox Package before the sale is over? I would like to buy it for $9.56 as advertised in the first post.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']File sharing is illegal .[/QUOTE]
Actually all file sharing is not illegal. Only unauthorized sharing or that which is specifically deemed unlawful is illegal.

That said the EULA for Disney's games in these bundles like Tron: Evolution has the following provision which allows the transfer of the game to another party even after use so long as the original use is terminated (emphasis mine):

Within the terms of this License agreement, you may transfer all of the license rights to the Software to another party, provided that the original media containing the Software, the related documentation, all copyright notices, and a copy of this License are transferred to that party, and provided that party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License. If you transfer the Software, you may not retain any copies or elements of the Software for your own use. This Software is for your PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL, and NON-GOVERNMENTAL use only.

Because these Disney games don't use Steam's DRM which would tie them to a specific account and forbid transfer to another user via the Steam Subscriber Agreement as well, transferring these games is both technologically and legally allowed.

Tony, any reason why we can't add GC or Promo codes to Digital Pre-Orders after the intial order is placed?

I have a $15 promo from Madden 13 that I wanted to throw on my Borderlands 2 group pack, but it won't let me.

Kinda surprised that they still haven't fixed the prices on the Paradox packs. I guess those are the real prices and the prices listed in the OP are wrong.

Any CAGS recommend the KOA DLC?

I'm not interested in extending the game just for the sake of racking up more playing time, but if the DLC adds enjoyable content I'm down.

sidenote: I apologize if this has been discussion already taken place.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Any CAGS recommend the KOA DLC?

I'm not interested in extending the game just for the sake of racking up more playing time, but if the DLC adds enjoyable content I'm down.

sidenote: I apologize if this has been discussion already taken place.[/QUOTE]

MysterD posted a review of the Legend of Dead Kel? I think, the pirate DLC and he loved it.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Any CAGS recommend the KOA DLC?

sidenote: I apologize if this has been discussion already taken place.[/QUOTE]

Dead Kel DLC is one of the best DLC's I've played.
I'd put it up there w/ Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues & GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, as some of the best DLC's around.

Dead Kel DLC content is A LOT better than most of the quests in the base game, as well. More care put into it. It's wittier; funnier; got personality; pirates theme; more interesting graphics artistry style here (KOA:R base game felt generic, at times); has a cool end-boss; and you actually care about the inhabitants in this small island b/c of what they go through.
Took around 10 hours or so, to get through.

Can't speak for Teeth of Naros yet (which is installed), as I just ain't felt like playing that yet. I needed a break from KOA, after Dead Kel.

EDIT:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']MysterD posted a review of the Legend of Dead Kel? I think, the pirate DLC and he loved it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for giving me a plug! :D
And I'll plug my full review of KOA: Reckoning - Dead Kel DLC right here from my XFire Blog.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I know KoA does and don't doubt that Drabelincoln is correct about Crysis 2.[/quote]
Actually, KOA: Reckoning - Non-Steam versions require Origin.
KOA: Reckoning - Steam version obviously requires Steam.
AFAIK, for BOTH versions, you'll need your EA Account/Origin account while in-game, if you're going to ACTIVATE the DLC up.

EDIT:
Oh, Amazon DVG version of Crysis 2 (base game) activated up on Origin for me long ago, yes.
Origin isn't required to run in the background to run that game, thankfully...

[quote name='DropZite']Hi Tony,

I just bought, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold - 4.9975 - Steam

and the keys provided won't redeem on Steam. Could you help please? What do I need to do to get Steam keys?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheHeretic']The same for "Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Dark Crusade - 7.4975 -Steam" the key doesn't work on Steam. Should we ask for a refund or we would get a Steam key later on?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Sorry for the total lack of response these last couple of days. I've been super slammed setting up for and then having the Borderlands 2 party tonight. I just got home and have to be up early to get to PAX tomorrow. I'm going to try and respond to posts tomorrow evening but I'm not sure when I'll be home.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you're all enjoying the deals.

I'm going to correct some stuff on the OP regarding Steam keys (Dawn of War and one other).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Anything here? What to do with the orders that was marked as Steam keys but we didn't get any. Would we get any Steam keys at all? Or what to do here?

Hope to hear from you soon...

[quote name='MysterD']Actually, KOA: Reckoning - Non-Steam versions require Origin.
KOA: Reckoning - Steam version obviously requires Steam.
AFAIK, for BOTH versions, you'll need your EA Account/Origin account while in-game, if you're going to ACTIVATE the DLC up.[/QUOTE]

Based on this if I owned KoA on Steam but bought the DLC via Amazon and activated it on my Origin account, launched into my Steam version of KoA which in turn logs me into EA and Origin would I still have access to the DLC that was bought through Amazon?

[quote name='pinkgun']Square Enix Ultimate Collection is back, include

1. Just Cause 2 [Download]
2. Kane and Lynch 2 [Download]
3. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light [Download]
4. Supreme Commander 2 [Download]
5. Tomb Raider: Underworld [Download]

I'm looking for a K&L2 key

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Is there a reason the GTA: IV Complete + Max Payne 3 Bundle is $5 more than when it was first offered last week?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's usually beneficial for online retailers to offer deals for a 24-hour or other set time period.

For one, it creates the illusion of scarcity. This is especially important for digital goods that have no scarcity other than those imposed by law and by the IP holder seeking to maximize profits. When the customer feels that this may be the only opportunity to purchase a good at a certain price point for a significant period of time, they are more likely to purchase. But this only works if the digital goods are not constantly offered at that or a lower price point for a significant period of time. Otherwise, the illusion is lost and people are less inclined to buy. Also, the desire to not miss a limited time sale keeps customers engaged with the retailer's marketing. So, at least some of the deals Amazon offers have to be infrequently offered. Some examples include Saints Row 3 @ $10, the above bundle at $5 less, or the decision to not offer the Dragon Age Ultimate bundle at $10.

Second, by keeping the lowest price point only available for a set time period, you can still capture the market that otherwise would have purchased the digital good at a higher price. In short, you leave less money on the table.

TL;DR - you snooze, you lose. For a while at least, until the next lowest price point is offered.

Friends don't let friends feed trolls. -- FAFT (Friends Against Feeding Trolls)

ne_zavarj is a well known troll on the steam forums (and I hear elsewhere as well).

Can anyone confirm that the crysis 2 download doesn't do anything too intrusive. The 5 activation limit is annoying but for 10 dollars I don't care too much.

[quote name='juanjava']I'm looking into Dead Space pack. Do DS1 uses securom? Is it THAT bad to stop buying it? Is there a way to activate it on Origin?[/QUOTE]

I believe DS1 does have securom, though it was removed in the Steam version. It's not that bad, it has the standard 5 activation limit, and activations can be revoked like many other EA games. Yes, it activates on Origin.

[quote name='FU2']The only way to trade the games is to download the installer from your account and give it to someone else. They will be able to download the game and also automatically get the key from it (in an HTML file) at the end of the download because the installer is personalized to your Amazon account. The only downside for them is if they don't save the installer, they won't be able to download the game again unless you give a new installer. Of course that's not much different from a old-fashioned game on physical disc where if you lose the installer files or the key, you lose the game.[/QUOTE]

Don't really know how to give someone the installer...but I'd gladly give away my Cars 2 or G-Force if someone wanted it. I guess I could probably E-Mail the installer (it's only 2mb).

[quote name='sunghost']I believe DS1 does have securom, though it was removed in the Steam version. It's not that bad, it has the standard 5 activation limit, and activations can be revoked like many other EA games. Yes, it activates on Origin.[/QUOTE]

At that price I'm also considering the dead space pack. Can someone explain the DRM that crysis and dead space would use (I'm a fairly new pc gamer having just now gotten a laptop with a dedicated graphics card)?

I know about the activations, but is securom going to put anything like spyware on my pc, is it hard to remove it if I want to uninstall the game, etc.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Based on this if I owned KoA on Steam but bought the DLC via Amazon and activated it on my Origin account, launched into my Steam version of KoA which in turn logs me into EA and Origin would I still have access to the DLC that was bought through Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I have NO clue...

Does the Steam Version of KOA: Reckoning (base game) keys even activate-up on Origin?
38 Studios self-published Steam version; meanwhile EA published all Non-Steam versions.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Hi Tony,

Anything here? What to do with the orders that was marked as Steam keys but we didn't get any. Would we get any Steam keys at all? Or what to do here?

Hope to hear from you soon...[/QUOTE]

sorry that was my bad,

short answer, contact cs and explain the issue, not all of them are up to date on our communIty stuff though so if you run into a problem just pm me with your order Id and I'll escalate internally.

cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']sorry that was my bad,

short answer, contact cs and explain the issue, not all of them are up to date on our communIty stuff though so if you run into a problem just pm me with your order Id and I'll escalate internally.

cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey can you explain to me the sort of DRM that would come with the dead space pack and crysis 2?

[quote name='ldsdrive']Just bought a few EA games. All can be downloaded either from Amazon or Origin. That's cool.[/QUOTE]

Any intrusive programs included with them? How's the DRM?

[quote name='MysterD']Dead Kel DLC is one of the best DLC's I've played.
I'd put it up there w/ Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues & GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, as some of the best DLC's around.

Dead Kel DLC content is A LOT better than most of the quests in the base game, as well. More care put into it. It's wittier; funnier; got personality; pirates theme; more interesting graphics artistry style here (KOA:R base game felt generic, at times); has a cool end-boss; and you actually care about the inhabitants in this small island b/c of what they go through.
Took around 10 hours or so, to get through.

Can't speak for Teeth of Naros yet (which is installed), as I just ain't felt like playing that yet. I needed a break from KOA, after Dead Kel.

EDIT:

Thanks for giving me a plug! :D
And I'll plug my full review of KOA: Reckoning - Dead Kel DLC right here from my XFire Blog.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review. I'll pick them both up with the hope that ToN is as good as DK.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Don't really know how to give someone the installer...but I'd gladly give away my Cars 2 or G-Force if someone wanted it. I guess I could probably E-Mail the installer (it's only 2mb).[/QUOTE]

PM sent, interested in Cars 2

Thx

[quote name='Terran1212']Any intrusive programs included with them? How's the DRM?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of. Not sure about the DRM either.

Smell that? That's the smell of illegal activities going on under our noses.

Kinda puts Tony in quite the awkward position. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back