Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='atreyuevr']Smell that? That's the smell of illegal activities going on under our noses.

Kinda puts Tony in quite the awkward position. :lol:[/QUOTE]

No kidding and it seemed Amazon wanted to support DRM free stuff. Real nice, this is why we have gargabe like Securom, account control, and the like.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']No kidding and it seemed Amazon wanted to support DRM free stuff. Real nice, this is why we have gargabe like Securom, account control, and the like.[/QUOTE]

What astounds me is that there's no subtlety about it. :lol:

[quote name='Terran1212']Hey can you explain to me the sort of DRM that would come with the dead space pack and crysis 2?[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 1 uses TAGES, Dead Space 2 uses TAGES' SolidShield which has a 5 machine activation (but features tools for deactivation). I had no real problems with either, they both activated on Origin no problem for me and I could play both of them just fine.

Not sure about Crysis 2. I didn't find either to be intrusive at all. DRM for any popular game is discussed extensively on the web, just google around to read up on it. You will find threads for every single game you can think of.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']I guess I could probably E-Mail the installer (it's only 2mb).[/QUOTE]
That will do it, yes.

[quote name='Terran1212']I know about the activations, but is securom going to put anything like spyware on my pc, is it hard to remove it if I want to uninstall the game, etc.[/QUOTE]
Activation-based SecuROM is not spyware. Steam is much more spyware as it tracks every game you play, how long you play it, and in most cases what you do in game and reports it all to Valve whether you want it to or not. Steam also sends your PC's hardware configuration, running programs/files, and a mini dump of your current RAM to Valve every time a piece of Steam faults (see Steam's "dumps" subdirectory - each *.dmp file is one such report sent to Valve) and that is not optional either. SecuROM does not do that. SecuROM just sends and stores a hash value that represents your PC's hardware along with a similar hash of your activation code/key to the SecuROM servers at the time of activation.

All of the SecuROM functions are built right into the game's main executable. Uninstalling the game (using the official uninstaller) removes the SecuROM data files and registry entries used to track the activations and also revokes the current activation for that PC if you are connected to the Internet.

The SecuROM website includes an optional utility that will remove the SecuROM registry entries and files if you didn't use the official uninstaller to remove a SecuROM game ands instead just deleted the subdirectory. However, it is totally optional as these registry entries and leftover data files do absolutely nothing without the game.

Can anyone confirm that the crysis 2 download doesn't do anything too intrusive.
Crysis 2 uses Solidshield activation not SecuROM. It works basically the same way as activation SecuROM, and EA has an optional deactivation tool for download from its website for use if you don't uninstall the game properly or want to reactivate without reinstalling the game.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Smell that? That's the smell of illegal activities going on under our noses.[/QUOTE]
As I pointed out above the Disney games' EULA allows the transfer of the games to another party under the conditions I noted, i.e. it's not illegal to give someone a game if you don't retain it or continue to use it yourself.

[quote name='FU2']As I pointed out above the Disney games' EULA allows the transfer of the games to another party under the conditions I noted, i.e. it's not illegal to give someone a game if you don't retain it or continue to use it yourself.[/QUOTE]

But the Disney games would still be associated with the amazon account that it was purchased with and not transferred to the other person. They are just getting a copy of it.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']But the Disney games would still be associated with the amazon account that it was purchased with and not transferred to the other person. They are just getting a copy of it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, the person who receives the downloader can only download the game files again if they keep a copy of the Amazon downloader, but the Amazon account is irrelevant as far as the EULA, the legality of the transfer, and the DRM are concerned. You can legally transfer the Disney games if you don't activate them or deactivate them if you have, transfer the game files/installer, and don't use them again. The DRM does a decent job of enforcing that.

[quote name='FU2']Yes, the person who receives the installer and game files can only download them again if they keep copy of the Amazon downloader, but the Amazon account is irrelevant as far as the EULA, the legality of the transfer, and the DRM are concerned.[/QUOTE]

But the original owner still has access to the game through their Amazon account.

[quote name='hal']But the original owner still has access to the game through their Amazon account.[/QUOTE]
That is why the original owner must agree not to use the game again in order to legally transfer the game according to the EULA. This is no different from transferring a game on physical disc in that respect as there is nothing technically stopping the original owner from retaining a copy of the disc or files in that case. Disney and other game companies have allowed such PC game transfers in their EULA's since PC games were first released back in the 1980's.

The DRM for these Disney games also serves as the technical means to enforce these terms so that the original owner doesn't still use the game. Yes, it's not an iron-clad solution, but it obviously satisfies Disney's concerns enough to allow the transfers.

The fact is that almost every single computer game can be pirated despite most game developers and publishers now tying their games to restrictive user account networks like Steam and Origin. That's why I am glad there are still some game companies like Disney that trust their customers enough to allow reasonable reuse and tranfer of their purchased games because not doing so only penalizes honest customers.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Would anyone recommend Modern Warfare 2 for $10[/QUOTE]
It's been as low as $5 before from Amazon, so that's not the lowest price it has ever been.

Now whether it is worth $10 to you depends upon your tastes. If you only play the game for the single-player experience, MW2 is basically the same type of experience and the same length as MW1. So, if you think MW1 is worth $10, then MW2 is as well. The same holds for MW3 and COD:BO. The single-player experience in all of those games is basically the same in terms of mechanics and length.

Unlike MW1, MW2 requires Steam (and uses Steam's CEG DRM) so that is something you should consider.

These are some good deals
Sig.jpg

I'm sure anyone that was interested in Bioshock 1 and 2 already found someone who had them off the Spec Ops bundle, but I have keys for those 2 games if anyone is interested in them for $5 for both. PM me if interested.

[quote name='ZOOLANDERBEAST']With the digital deluxe PC download of Mass Effect3 do I get all the stuff it comes with?[/QUOTE]

you get the digital versions of it, after redeeming in Origin just click on the "i" and the digital comic/print and such are there.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Would anyone recommend Modern Warfare 2 for $10[/QUOTE]

Did you like MW1's SP?
MW1 had a better story and pacing than MW2, though MW2 is more explosive and over-the-top in the SP.
MW2 is also A LOT shorter for most gamers, too.

About the MP - back in Feb when I played MW2, NOBODY was playing the MP. I'd guess that could be still going on now - b/c everybody into competitive FPS MP portions are probably playing the MW3 MP and BF3 MP.

Also - back in Feb around V-Day, MW2 was $5 on Amazon DVG. Keep that in mind, too.

Also keep in mind aside from the 6-8 hour campaign, there are 23 spec ops missions which either replay portions from the campaign with a different objective, or entirely new scenarios.

[quote name='MysterD']
About the MP - back in Feb when I played MW2, NOBODY was playing the MP. I'd guess that could be still going on now - b/c everybody into competitive FPS MP portions are probably playing the MW3 MP and BF3 MP.[/QUOTE]
I disagree. Stats are also telling sth different.
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
MW2 is now 12th top played game on Steam by current player count with more than 8k players at this moment. I also played it 2-3 months ago and MP still felt alive.http://store.steampowered.com/app/10190/

[quote name='FU2']As I pointed out above the Disney games' EULA allows the transfer of the games to another party under the conditions I noted, i.e. it's not illegal to give someone a game if you don't retain it or continue to use it yourself.[/QUOTE]

According to the EULA, you cannot retain any elements of the software. We're getting into gray area here, but I would personally find that to include having access to the game's installer via Amazon. Also, I highly doubt that you'd send a copy of the Terms and Conditions to whomever you send the game to. ;)

I see those terms working with physical copies of the game, even with purchases directly from Disney Interactive, but I see it getting into gray area dealing with Amazon.

EDIT: [quote name='jsunjones']Anybody know when is the 1C Bundle going on sale? I thought it was 9/9 but can't seem to find that confirmation.[/QUOTE]

The sale is set to start and run the week of 9/9.

As for MP, they are all probably the same. MW2 and 3 and that cool coop mode, so if you know anyone that could be really fun.

I didn't like the SP at all for the MW series, it never really drew me in. I got Black Ops on sale because I'm interested in the Black Ops 2, and I was surprised how much I preferred it to MW. I really like the conspiracy mystery thing they did with the story and it keeps me playing to figure out what really is happening.

MP is just like any other COD, so if you want to just play MP, then find which one has a good online backing. Black Ops has mod support like the classic Call of Duty games. Not sure if Modern Warfare has them (I've only played those on Xbox).

[quote name='atreyuevr']According to the EULA, you cannot retain any elements of the software. We're getting into gray area here, but I would personally find that to include having access to the game's installer via Amazon. Also, I highly doubt that you'd send a copy of the Terms and Conditions to whomever you send the game to. ;)[/QUOTE]
"If you transfer the Software, you may not retain any copies or elements of the Software for your own use." Meaning keeping any copies for yourself is not allowed, even if you claim you will not use it, since it's basically like saying 'I'll sell you this burned copy of my game. I'm going to keep the original copy, but I promise I won't use it.' If you can get Amazon to remove the game from your library then that would probably be okay.

[quote name='dark2025']"If you transfer the Software, you may not retain any copies or elements of the Software for your own use." Meaning keeping any copies for yourself is not allowed, even if you claim you will not use it, since it's basically like saying 'I'll sell you this burned copy of my game. I'm going to keep the original copy, but I promise I won't use it.' If you can get Amazon to remove the game from your library then that would probably be okay.[/QUOTE]

And yet, the phrase "for your own use" allows for interpretation. Law is rarely ever black & white. Why don't we just let him/her do what they want and let them deal with the ramifications, if any?

[quote name='dark2025']Meaning keeping any copies for yourself is not allowed, even if you claim you will not use it[/quote]
That interpretation is wrong for several reasons. First, being able to download the downloader for the game is not the same as keeping a copy of the actual game software. Second, if Disney didn't want to allow the transfer it wouldn't even be mentioned in the EULA which comes with the game. Disney had no trouble forbidding other things in the EULA.

If you can get Amazon to remove the game from your library then that would probably be okay.
That isn't necessary. Having access to a downloader for the game is not the same as having the actual game files or even just having the installation files for the game. The Amazon game downloader is not the Disney software. It simply downloads the Disney software like a web browser does. If you don't use the Amazon downloader to download the actual Disney game software, then you don't actually possess the Disney game software.

[quote name='atreyuevr']I would personally find that to include having access to the game's installer via Amazon.[/quote]
Your personal opinion is wrong because the downloader is Amazon's software not Disney's.

Also, I highly doubt that you'd send a copy of the Terms and Conditions to whomever you send the game to.
You may doubt it due to your ignorance, but the terms and conditions are found in the EULA which is included with the game's installation files. So, yes, when the new user downloads the game's installation files, he or she will automatically receive the EULA and must agree to its terms in order to install and play the game.

I see those terms working with physical copies of the game
The terms apply to the digital download version of the game sold by Amazon since those terms are included with it, and must be agreed to to install the game. The SecuROM website also mentions that some publishers allow such resales or transfers in its FAQ.

I see it getting into gray area dealing with Amazon.
Again what you see is incorrect. The EULA is an agreement between the purchaser/user of the software, i.e. the licensee, and Disney, the licensor. Amazon is not a party in it.

In additional to this legal support of the transfer, the game's DRM enforces these usage terms so the legal argument is purely academic. The bottom line is if Disney didn't allow for the transfer of the games, it would be clearly forbidden in the EULA and the DRM would also prevent it. Neither of those is the case.

[quote name='FU2']Your personal opinion is wrong because the downloader is Amazon's software not Disney's.

You may doubt it due to your ignorance, but the terms and conditions are found in the EULA which is included with the game's installation files. So, yes, when the new user downloads the game's installation files, he or she will automatically receive the EULA and must agree to its terms in order to install and play the game.

The terms apply to the digital download version of the game sold by Amazon since those terms are included with it, and must be agreed to to install the game. The SecuROM website also mentions that some publishers allow such resales or transfers in its FAQ.

Again what you see is incorrect. The EULA is an agreement between the purchaser/user of the software, i.e. the licensee, and Disney, the licensor. Amazon is not a party in it.

In additional to this legal support of the transfer, the game's DRM enforces these usage terms so the legal argument is purely academic. The bottom line is if Disney didn't allow for the transfer of the games, it would be clearly forbidden in the EULA and the DRM would also prevent it. Neither of those is the case.[/QUOTE]

I'll choose to leave it at your 2 cents and your snarky remarks, after having said that you're wrong, period. I'm not going to argue this with you since it's open to interpretation without having Disney, or Amazon perhaps, weigh in on the matter.

Since you seem to be very touchy one the subject and I'd rather spare the thread further useless posts which don't apply to them, feel free to not reply to this.

[quote name='atreyuevr']I'll choose to leave it at your 2 cents and your snarky remarks[/quote]
You are the one who started the snarky remarks with your false accusation of "illegal activities" and your "I highly doubt that you'd send a copy of the Terms and Conditions to whomever you send the game" in your previous posts. You picked this fight. Don't whine now because I happen to be right in addition to being better at it than you.

I'm not going to argue this with you since it's open to interpretation without having Disney, or Amazon perhaps, weigh in on the matter.
All such EULA's are open to interpretation just like other legal agreements. That's what courts are for, i.e. to settle disputes over interpretation. However, my interpretation of this EULA is based upon my extensive experience of reading such EULA's for the past three decades and following U.S. legal cases on software EULA's. Regarding Amazon again Amazon is not a party to the agreement ergo it has no legal say regarding the current terms or meaning.

Regardless of semantics Disney's intent here is clear. By choosing to use SecuROM as the games' DRM which enables such transfers and through its statements in the EULA, Disney does allow a user to transfer a game to someone else if the user agrees to stop using the game. The DRM is the insurance that enforces compliance with that.

Since you seem to be very touchy one the subject and I'd rather spare the thread further useless posts which don't apply to them
That's a good idea since the rest of your posts on this subject have been useless. Regarding my attitude on the subject yes, this is an important issue to me because it is important for PC game consumers to support companies like Disney who trust and value their customers enough to provide the same type of reasonable and flexible limits on their digital purchases as consumers had with games sold on physical media. Otherwise only games which are tied to restrictive, tenuous services like Steam and Origin will be available in the marketplace.

Just an FYI that you can sort the games at Amazon now based on discount, price, publisher, bundles and bestselling. This is a much nicer way to see what's on sale since some stuff shows up without being posted sometimes.

Anyone have any opinions on the Gothic Ultimate bundle for $3.99 with Gothic II Gold, Gothic 3 and Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced? Is Drakensang better than the Gothic series?

[quote name='FU2']You are the one who started the snarky remarks with your false accusation of "illegal activities" and your "I highly doubt that you'd send a copy of the Terms and Conditions to whomever you send the game" in your previous posts. You picked this fight. Don't whine now because I happen to be right in addition to being better at it than you.

All such EULA's are open to interpretation just like other legal agreements. That's what courts are for, i.e. to settle disputes over interpretation. However, my interpretation of this EULA is based upon my extensive experience of reading such EULA's for the past three decades and following U.S. legal cases on software EULA's. Regarding Amazon again Amazon is not a party to the agreement ergo it has no legal say regarding the current terms or meaning.

Regardless of semantics Disney's intent here is clear. By choosing to use SecuROM as the games' DRM which enables such transfers and through its statements in the EULA, Disney does allow a user to transfer a game to someone else if the user agrees to stop using the game.

That's a good idea since the rest of your posts on this subject have been useless. Regarding my attitude on the subject yes, this is an important issue to me because it is important for PC game consumers to support companies like Disney who trust and value their customers enough to provide the same type of reasonable and flexible limits on their digital purchases as consumers had with games sold on physical media. Otherwise only games which are tied to restrictive, tenuous services like Steam and Origin will be available in the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

*Yawn*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

EDIT: /blatant trolling

[quote name='atreyuevr']Don't Copy That Floppy[/QUOTE]
I see that you couldn't resist making another useless post.

Back when PC games were sold on floppy disk many if not most EULA's allowed users to transfer or resale their games after use. And the first-sale doctrine of copyright law also applied which allowed resale regardless of the EULA. In addition games from some publishers like Sierra and Microsoft even had money back guarantees where customers could return games to the company after use if they weren't satisfied with them. That's a far cry from the restrictive type of single-user, games-as-a-service, no refunds policy of most games today.

By the way copying of game floppies was allowed for "archival purposes" in most game EULA's since section 117 of the U.S. Copyright Act allows it.

[quote name='FU2']Back when PC games were sold on floppy disk many if not most EULA's allowed users to transfer or resale their games after use. And the first-sale doctrine of copyright law also applied which allowed resale regardless of the EULA. In addition games from some publishers like Sierra and Microsoft even had money back guarantees where customers could return games to the company after use if they weren't satisfied with them. That's a far cry from the restrictive type of single-user, games-as-a-service, no refunds policy of most games today.

By the way copying of game floppies was allowed for "archival purposes" in most game EULA's since section 117 of the U.S. Copyright Act allows it.[/QUOTE]

Being knowledgeable about a certain subject doesn't make everything you say fact. I don't care about your opinion, honestly, and in the end this is a forum where even if you do prove me wrong, you accomplished nothing. People are going to object to your opinion, it's a part of life, whether you're right or wrong; deal with it and move on with your life, there's no need to argue your opinion until you're sure you've won.

This isn't a competition, offer up your opinion, or "fact", if you'd like to call it that, and move on.

There is also no need to force what I'd call useless history lessons/personal knowledge upon us to reinforce your "superior" knowledge on the subject doesn't help you at all, honestly it does nothing but make you look like you're trying too hard.

We get it, a hobby of yours is researching DRM; I don't care. I choose to do other things with my free time/life. Researching something that doesn't even bother me in the first place doesn't appeal to me, call it ignorance if you'd like; again, I couldn't care less.

Since you have so much emotional investment in this argument, I'll go where you refuse to and end our argument with this; I guess you do have quite a way to go before you get those training wheels removed, so maybe this is you taking advantage of the situation and taking some extra steps toward that milestone.

[quote name='atreyuevr']I don't care about your opinion, honestly... I don't care...I couldn't care less.[/quote]
Lady, you doth protest too much. :lol:

Since you seem to be a little obtuse, I'll spell it out for you. You obviously do care or you wouldn't keep replying and replying and replying especially when you have nothing to rebut my statements but pathetic excuses, trite interjections, and irrelevant videos.

This isn't a competition, offer up your opinion, or "fact", if you'd like to call it that, and move on.
So do as you say and not as you do? :lol: You picked this fight. Don't whine because you are getting your ass handed to you. If you want the beating to stop, you walk away.

there's no need to argue your opinion until you're sure you've won.
If that were my goal, I would have stopped with my first reply to you because I proved my point and won the argument then.

There is also no need to force what I'd call useless history lessons/personal knowledge upon us
I thought you posted the "don't copy that floppy" video in an attempt to disprove my assertion that most game licenses are more restrictive now than in the past when games came on floppies. I gave you the history lesson to prove that you were wrong about that. I see now that you were just being glib because you had nothing substantive to add, and that I gave you way too much credit.

I choose to do other things with my free time/life.
Yes, I see what you do with your oh-so-valuable time. You make lots of inaccurate, useless posts on an Internet forum. Feel free to keep it up. I'm enjoying making a laughing stock out of you.

Since you seem to egotistically enjoy giving others advice, here's some advice you should take. In the future you should think before you foolishly open your big mouth and then proceed to put your foot in it like you did in this thread.

So... back to the deals.

[quote name='yangwenli']Just an FYI that you can sort the games at Amazon now based on discount, price, publisher, bundles and bestselling. This is a much nicer way to see what's on sale since some stuff shows up without being posted sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Even after you said that I had to go back and look... and look to find out how that was possible. I did not think to look at the tiny links buried in the wall of text at the top of the page. I guess I was looking more for a useful tool or emboldened link right around the top of the list or some other intuitive location. Still... I appreciate the work that went into this solution. Might I suggest an alphabetical option as well?

I think some people asked about some non-hidden object gems in the random list so here is a few I'll point out that might look interesting to people"

Sail Simulator 5 Deluxe
Ship Simulator 08 Collector's Edition
Pickers (this is part hidden object, but is a ton of fun)
Premier Manager 2012 (for any Football Manager fans)
Everyday Genius: Square Logic (one of my favorite games period, think Suduko but a lot better, 1000s of puzzles. Used to be on Steam, but you can no longer buy it there anymore)
Vampires vs. Zombies (time management, no clue if it is good but I am curious)
The Quivering (very cool looking adventure game, but I have not played it)

Disney Kids and Family (insane value for great games. I know it's Disney, but they make some pretty good games on occasion)
Alpha Prime - Sci Fi FPS that is pretty well reviewed.
Cities in Motion Collection (great value, haven't played it but cool looking transportation sim)
Specforce (haven't played, but cool looking sci-fi FPS)
Dark Fall: The Journal (Good buy for those who got the other two Dark Fall games from the groupees bundle)
Trainz Simulator Pack (Again a lot of value if you like these type of games)

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
Another hidden gem is the Gothic Pack/Bundle @ $4. [includes Gothic 2 Gold and Gothic 3 Gold].
Fans of action RPGs will like them; also fans of Risen 1 will like Gothic [made by same developer].

Here's a youtube vid showing Gothic 3 with the latest 1.75 Community Patch.
[/QUOTE]

That looks really nice! Thanks for posting it. Is that just vanilla 3 or Forsaken Gods? Is Forsaken Gods needed/good?

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Based on this if I owned KoA on Steam but bought the DLC via Amazon and activated it on my Origin account, launched into my Steam version of KoA which in turn logs me into EA and Origin would I still have access to the DLC that was bought through Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Well, I think I know the answer, but would anyone care to confirm that the Amazon KoA DLCs won't work with the Steam version of the base game?

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Here is the link. It has 3 and Forsaken: http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Games-...ie=UTF8&qid=1346635293&sr=1-9&keywords=gothic[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've seen that. Fantastic price!
I should have been more clear. I asked b/c I bought the Gothic Universe(1, 2, & Vanilla 3) bundle during the steam summer sale but I haven't redeemed it yet b/c I kinda regret not getting G3:FG with it. Should I stick with what I have or go with Tony's pack?

Forsaken Gods is awful. Don't worry about it. After Gothic 3 the Dev and Publisher split. The Forsaken Gods stuff is literally a mod team that was hired. It's terrible, incredibly buggy and just a ton of bad design decisions abound. Gothic 3 itself wasn't the greatest but looks masterful compared to Forsaken Gods.

The team that made it sort of specializes in making terrible expansions to games Nordic (or Jowood at the time) the original devs have long since moved on from, like Spellforce and the Guild 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back