Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='warreni']Well, I think I know the answer, but would anyone care to confirm that the Amazon KoA DLCs won't work with the Steam version of the base game?[/QUOTE]

i think it would work, based on some assumptions.
-the steam version uses origin to manage the key (launches the game).
-the amazon dlc is to be activated in origin.
Just activate the keys in origin and you should have the dlc.

why I think it works? I bought steam Company of Heroes base game. The way CoH works is that all expansions are part of the core game, so you download them all even if you don't have keys, they just remain locked. I bought the expansions on sale fro gamerssgate and just activsted them in game. So steam thinks I don't have the two expansions, but when I get in the base CoH, everything is usable.

same should apply here. If KoA uses origin, then just buy it and activate it in origin (not steam). Steam will think that you don't have the dlc, but you will still have access to it in game.

if the game doesn't launch through origin, then the dlc will not work. (also, you can log into origin and see if the game is there. I know that you can play the games without opening origin once they are installed/activated)

[quote name='Corpekata']Forsaken Gods is awful. Don't worry about it. After Gothic 3 the Dev and Publisher split. The Forsaken Gods stuff is literally a mod team that was hired. It's terrible, incredibly buggy and just a ton of bad design decisions abound. Gothic 3 itself wasn't the greatest but looks masterful compared to Forsaken Gods.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you, and thanks for the patch info UW_Shocks :D

[quote name='vince_carter']if you could sort everything by steam activated/not steam activated i would be buying way more, but i digress. that is probably asking too much.[/QUOTE]

hold ctrl and hit f and type in steam.

[quote name='Corpekata']Forsaken Gods is awful. Don't worry about it. After Gothic 3 the Dev and Publisher split. The Forsaken Gods stuff is literally a mod team that was hired. It's terrible, incredibly buggy and just a ton of bad design decisions abound. Gothic 3 itself wasn't the greatest but looks masterful compared to Forsaken Gods.

The team that made it sort of specializes in making terrible expansions to games Nordic (or Jowood at the time) the original devs have long since moved on from, like Spellforce and the Guild 2[/QUOTE]

Is it the same group that's done the Painkiller cash-ins?

[quote name='Corpekata']He probably means the OP.[/QUOTE]

Right. If he clicks the link to view the post in its own page, holds ctrl and hits f and types in steam, it'll take him to any time steam is mentioned on the page.

[quote name='warreni']Well, I think I know the answer, but would anyone care to confirm that the Amazon KoA DLCs won't work with the Steam version of the base game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='equalsP']i think it would work, based on some assumptions.
-the steam version uses origin to manage the key (launches the game).
-the amazon dlc is to be activated in origin.
Just activate the keys in origin and you should have the dlc.

why I think it works? I bought steam Company of Heroes base game. The way CoH works is that all expansions are part of the core game, so you download them all even if you don't have keys, they just remain locked. I bought the expansions on sale fro gamerssgate and just activsted them in game. So steam thinks I don't have the two expansions, but when I get in the base CoH, everything is usable.

same should apply here. If KoA uses origin, then just buy it and activate it in origin (not steam). Steam will think that you don't have the dlc, but you will still have access to it in game.

if the game doesn't launch through origin, then the dlc will not work. (also, you can log into origin and see if the game is there. I know that you can play the games without opening origin once they are installed/activated)[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will work. The Steam version of KoA launches on it's own. I tried adding the game to Origin and it didn't recognize the key. I'm guessing that they are two completely separate games.

THe FAQ says the following is not redeemable on Origin:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Non-Steam)

So I think we're out of luck. Either pay $9.99 x 2 for the DLC and have it on Steam or pay an extra $4 and get the whole package from Amazon for Origin.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']I don't think it will work. The Steam version of KoA launches on it's own. I tried adding the game to Origin and it didn't recognize the key. I'm guessing that they are two completely separate games.

So I think we're out of luck. Either pay $9.99 x 2 for the DLC and have it on Steam or pay an extra $4 and get the whole package from Amazon for Origin.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sounds like a no go. Why can't we all get along. I have skipped out on some DLC before because of that reason. Different places sell different DRM so they aren't compatible, even though you own the base games ...

Effectively, You should consider KoA on steam a completely different game. It was self published by the developer and EA has nothing to do with it so it shouldn't have any origin tie in and all dlc is separate.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']I don't think it will work. The Steam version of KoA launches on it's own. I tried adding the game to Origin and it didn't recognize the key. I'm guessing that they are two completely separate games.

So I think we're out of luck. Either pay $9.99 x 2 for the DLC and have it on Steam or pay an extra $4 and get the whole package from Amazon for Origin.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='equalsP']Yeah, sounds like a no go. Why can't we all get along. I have skipped out on some DLC before because of that reason. Different places sell different DRM so they aren't compatible, even though you own the base games ...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']Effectively, You should consider KoA on steam a completely different game. It was self published by the developer and EA has nothing to do with it so it shouldn't have any origin tie in and all dlc is separate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for weighing in, all. This is what I figured. The crap thing about it is Steam has yet to put the DLCs on sale. . . .

[quote name='warreni']Thanks for weighing in, all. This is what I figured. The crap thing about it is Steam has yet to put the DLCs on sale. . . .[/QUOTE]

I am starting to regret trading my Steam KoA:R + the 3 DLCs for Bethesda Collection during summer sale

[quote name='warreni']Thanks for weighing in, all. This is what I figured. The crap thing about it is Steam has yet to put the DLCs on sale. . . .[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this is related to the company (ie the Steam Publisher) going under. It might be stuck in limbo for a long time, unless Origin takes over the Steam release.

Hi Tony, just wondering if we'll get some discount on fifa 13 preorder until 25 th Sep.

Other games such sleeping dogs or borderlands 2 got some discount or promo.

Regards!

[quote name='r9800pro']I am starting to regret trading my Steam KoA:R + the 3 DLCs for Bethesda Collection during summer sale[/QUOTE]

Me too. I should have just waited and got it on Origin.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Me too. I should have
sig.jpg
just waited and got it on Origin.[/QUOTE]

would of been much better if i got it on origin also

[quote name='bubzers']Has anyone tried to contact Origin customer service about activating KoA:R from Steam?[/QUOTE]

On chat with them right now. He just asked for my key from Steam and my email address... and seems to be adding it as we speak. Yep, there it is!

Of course, as always with Origin Live support.. YMMV.

[quote name='bubzers']Has anyone tried to contact Origin customer service about activating KoA:R from Steam?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']I am starting to regret trading my Steam KoA:R + the 3 DLCs for Bethesda Collection during summer sale[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pheace']I'm sure this is related to the company (ie the Steam Publisher) going under. It might be stuck in limbo for a long time, unless Origin takes over the Steam release.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='insanemofox']would of been much better if i got it on origin also[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darkling23']On chat with them right now. He just asked for my key from Steam and my email address... and seems to be adding it as we speak. Yep, there it is!

Of course, as always with Origin Live support.. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

This actually works. I contacted Origin customer service and they asked for my name and Steam CD-Key. I gave them the information and they put me on "hold". When the fellow came back he said check your inventory and sure enough it was there.

I didn't have to install the game or anything because it seems like it launches the Steam version since the Steam overlay came up (this is from launching it from Origin). I had to re-sign in and everything to the EA Servers. I also made the purchase on Amazon for the two DLCs and added it to my Origin account. They are currently downloading and I'll report back to see if it somehow magically adds the DLCs to Steam too or what happens.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']I purchased the pack last time it was on sale and all games redeemed on Steam.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='mewantgames']yes, the codes you get can be activated on steam.[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys, buying it now

[quote name='CaptainSlow'] I'll report back to see if it somehow magically adds the DLCs to Steam too or what happens.[/QUOTE]

I'll be interested in this; let us know.

[quote name='warreni']I'll be interested in this; let us know.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately someone else will have to try it out. I haven't started the game so the only quest I have is to escape the underground area. I don't know if the DLC quests are given right off the bat or you need to hit a certain level before getting them.

Two new directories were created in my \Steam\steamapps\common\koareckoning ...one called \GallowsEnd and the other called \TeethofNaros. In each of the directories is just a small XML file.

[quote name='Serafin_']Thanks guys, buying it now[/QUOTE]

FYI, it seems that gamefly sells the DD version of hitman contracts. I have never seen this version except in the cd collections. It was 2.49 a few days ago, wonder if it is still one. Don't know the DRM.

[quote name='warreni']I'll be interested in this; let us know.[/QUOTE]

When you play the game, they should he there. But if you right click and look at the DLC in steam, it won't be listed.

[quote name='equalsP']FYI, it seems that gamefly sells the DD version of hitman contracts. I have never seen this version except in the cd collections. It was 2.49 a few days ago, wonder if it is still one. Don't know the DRM.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I picked it up for $2 from Gamefly as well as Hitman Absolution for $33 from GMG. I want to replay them all before the new one comes out. :)

Tony, will it be posisble to have "soon" (i mean not in years from now) Blood Bowl Legendary Edition for Steam on Sale?. Ask the hamsters about their opinion.

I've been learning the table game, and now i was waiting for a sale to get it and play against my brother in law through steam (the version he actually has).

Thanks anyway! ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bad experience with Origin support about a year ago (would not register Bulletstorm for me and spoke in broken english) but I'll give KoA a try tomorrow, I hope they improved.

[quote name='xRidley']I had a bad experience with Origin support about a year ago (would not register Bulletstorm for me and spoke in broken english) but I'll give KoA a try tomorrow, I hope they improved.[/QUOTE]

Most of Origin Supporters are from India, u know;). Good luck with KoA

[quote name='equalsP']When you play the game, they should he there. But if you right click and look at the DLC in steam, it won't be listed.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? Just for fun I uninstalled the Steam version and installed the Origin version. As soon as I started a brand new game (new character...just like before) I went to the map and there were sections for the new DLC packs. The Steam version didn't show these.

[quote name='The Nephilim']Anyone pick up Split Second? Was considering it but it seems 50/50 on how good the 360 controller support is natively.[/QUOTE]

I heard the PC port of it was broken, something about the save files constantly corrupting themselves, and possibly other issues that I can't remember.

[quote name='sunghost']I heard the PC port of it was broken, something about the save files constantly corrupting themselves, and possibly other issues that I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

Well that stinks.

[quote name='The Nephilim']Anyone pick up Split Second? Was considering it but it seems 50/50 on how good the 360 controller support is natively.[/QUOTE]
Works ok with a 360 controller, just be warned that the game likes to corrupt your save file and is stuck at 30 FPS. Really sucks that they did a horrible job on the PC port as the game itself is enjoyable.

[quote name='mewantgames']Works ok with a 360 controller, just be warned that the game likes to corrupt your save file and is stuck at 30 FPS. Really sucks that they did a horrible job on the PC port as the game itself is enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

So no patches or user made fixes to work around that stuff I take it?

It's really very well done arcade racer with a very well integrated set destruction mechanic (that you need to use/master). Unfortunately the PC version has serious problems with save file corruption. I've played it from from the start 3 times, and about one half to two-thirds of the way through my saves corrupt. I also tried many times rolling back to a pre-corruption save (via Dropbox restore) but still it always corrupts (for me) midway. Native 360 support. If you can't pick it up on console, I think $4 is worth it if you are into arcade racers, despite its problems.

I noticed Oddworld Pack -- $3.99 isn't listed on the OP. Tempting at that price. Assuming it's like GG, it is SecuROM DRM. I remember hearing about HD remakes coming soon.

I am sorely tempted to pickup ME3 & KoA, is it advisable to just chuck the keys into Origin and let Origin download it (i.e. like Steam games)? (Origin newb)

Any chance of Secret World going back on sale? I passed on it before but, with City of Heroes folding up, I need a new non-fantasy MMORPG to play around in.

Not $50 worth of MMORPG though.

[quote name='xRidley']I had a bad experience with Origin support about a year ago (would not register Bulletstorm for me and spoke in broken english) but I'll give KoA a try tomorrow, I hope they improved.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a problem getting my ancient copy of BF2142 registered there way earlier this year. The guy was a nightmare to deal with and it showed up in my account for a few days, unusable, then vanished. I just gave up, cuz I didn't *really* care about that. I figured I had nothing to lose asking for KoA and I didn't have to argue for a second. I just said "I wanna buy the DLC on the Amazon sale and it won't work with Steam..." and it was like magic. :D

[quote name='Syntax Error']Any chance of Secret World going back on sale? I passed on it before but, with City of Heroes folding up, I need a new non-fantasy MMORPG to play around in.

Not $50 worth of MMORPG though.[/QUOTE]

May I suggest Guild Wars 2? It's a great new MMORPG where you don't have to pay to play (aside from the cost of the game itself).

[quote name='Syntax Error']Any chance of Secret World going back on sale? I passed on it before but, with City of Heroes folding up, I need a new non-fantasy MMORPG to play around in.

Not $50 worth of MMORPG though.[/QUOTE]

Wait as long as you can, it's rumored to be going F2P soon

It has only sold 200k units so far, and half of the development staff was laid off. Sadly, it seems like it's just a matter of time at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back