Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, any chance of getting the Plentiful Paradox Package for the advertised price on the first post ($9.56) before the sale is over? It never was on sale for this price.

[quote name='Scorch']Does that have online play?

It better not have online play.

What about controller support?[/QUOTE]

It does have online play. It's GFWL as well so it should have native 360 pad support.

[quote name='hal']It does have online play. It's GFWL as well so it should have native 360 pad support.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it supports the 360 pad. Best 5 bucks I've spent in a while.

[quote name='juanjava']You added Dead Space 1 & 2 just like that? Or needed a chat with some origin guy to get it done?[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 1 & 2 activate on Origin natively. No need for calls to tech support. :)

I'll have to grab the MK pack, then.

Heads up for those interested in the Dreamcast pack.. there seems to be a three activation limit. I'm really trying to not be pissed off about it, but I feel like that should've been made clear before I spent money on it.

also, the thing doesn't even run in full screen. I set it to 1280 x 720 fullscreen, and it's still in a tiny window with borders all around it. Thumbs down to the Dreamcast collection. Ugh.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

We finally got WB games up on the site. We're launching them for the rest of the Labor Day Sale (until Sunday) with a 50% off promo:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...eywords=DVG+Warner+Bros.+Digital+Distribution

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

is it possible for you to get the batman games non-steam? while it's great you're able to even acquire steam activations for some games, not all of us are steam fans. keep up the great work :applause: i love you.

[quote name='Scorch']Bastion $7.49
Fear 2 $7.49
Fear 3 $9.99
Lord of the Rings: War in the North $9.99
[/QUOTE]
Those games require Steam no matter where you buy them.

[quote name='pinkgun']I've checked them one by one and found "STEAM Client required to activate" on all of them except Bastion[/QUOTE]
Many of those games have non-Steam versions too. I hope Amazon will carry them as I hate Steam.

[quote name='N_B']Those games require Steam no matter where you buy them.[/QUOTE]
I believe Bastion is an exception. Actually I didn't see any other places sell its steam version, but I am not sure about the amazon one

For instances,
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BASTION/bastion

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bastion/

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2581

[quote name='juanjava']You added Dead Space 1 & 2 just like that? Or needed a chat with some origin guy to get it done?[/QUOTE]

They registered just fine

The only games that I had to chat with support for were :

Bulletstorm (and Origin gave me the LE :D), Crysis 1 and Mass Effect 1

Lord of the Rings: War in the North $9.99

I was hoping for $4.99 because I missed it on GMG sale :cry:

[quote name='madnessnewb']Harley Quinn DLC worth the 5$? I usually don't like to buy DLCs...but..[/QUOTE]
for the level the game offer this DLC is pretty poor, of course thats my opinion, i bought it on the steam summer sale and i still regret it, i guess is only great for those who really love batman

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']for the level the game offer this DLC is pretty poor, of course thats my opinion, i bought it on the steam summer sale and i still regret it, i guess is only great for those who really love batman[/QUOTE]
sig.jpg
yea i got this to it is pretty poor its more of a game for those who love batman then anything else

[quote name='pinkgun']I believe Bastion is an exception[/QUOTE]
When Bastion first came out it was Steam only. I got the game later via a Humble Indie Bundle where the Steam requirement was removed if you downloaded the DRM-free version (both Steam and non-Steam were offered). Apparently that version is what the other digital distributors have now.

[quote name='N_B']When Bastion first came out it was Steam only. I got the game later via a Humble Indie Bundle where the Steam requirement was removed if you downloaded the DRM-free version (both Steam and non-Steam were offered). Apparently that version is what the other digital distributors have now.[/QUOTE]

Bastion launched on Gamersgate DRM-FREE a little after the Steam version was released.

EDIT:

From Twitter, quite a while back if there were going to be Non-Steam versions of Bastion:
From me to Kasavin:
@kasavin Are ALL digital versions of Bastion PC going to require Steamworks?

Greg Kasavin's reply:
@MysterD We don't expect the other versions will require it, no.

EDIT 2:
Also, this is one of the best tech support I've ever heard for a game, to help a soldier out overseas that wanted a copy of Bastion PC - so they broke out a spool of discs and snail-mailed this soldier a copy of Bastion overseas; and gave him some extras swag (Bastion bandana).
Awesome.

EDIT 3:
Also, I spoke to Greg via Twitter about Stranger's Dream DLC not being in GG Version (DRM-FREE) and he was going to flat-out give me a Steam key, if it wasn't updated on GG. GG never ever mentioned on the page (oddly) that the game was updated to include the DLC - and Greg said he sent did them an updated version of the game, but wasn't sure if they put it up. So, I went to check GG and re-downloaded the game - and it was of a bigger size and actually had the extra Stranger's Dream DLC content included. :) So, I didn't need Steam version. I wish ALL Tech Support was as nice and as helpful as Greg.

EDIT 4:
I should note - IMHO, Bastion's Original Soundtrack is some of the best original score of music in a game that I've heard since probably Arcanum.

Hi Tony,

Just a suggestion, maybe you could get us the same promo or somewhat close to it for Sim City pre-orders?

simcity_690x330_A_IE.jpg

This is offered by EA Origin store by the way..

[quote name='MysterD']Bastion launched on Gamersgate DRM-FREE a little after the Steam version was released..[/QUOTE]
What I posted above about Bastion coming first to Steam is correct. The Gamersgate release came after the Steam release. See this post from the developers:

Now Available: Bastion for PC on Steam!
Posted by Greg on August 16, 2011
It’s our pleasure to announce that Bastion is now available for PC via the Steam Store! We’re very excited to bring this great new version of our game to a whole new audience (and to some of you dedicated fans looking to experience Bastion all over again). Visit our Steam page to download the game or the free demo. Bastion for PC will be coming to other digital stores in the coming weeks.

I didn't realize that the Gamersgate release is DRM-free so that is good to know.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Sonic Generations will be mine today. Happy birthday to me![/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday! :D

Hope you enjoy it, the game is lots of fun :)

[quote name='zillionandnine']Sonic Generations will be mine today. Happy birthday to me![/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday! One of the best Sonic games I played so far. For me, it's Sonic 1 on MegaDrive and this one

[quote name='TheHeretic']Hi Tony,

Just a suggestion, maybe you could get us the same promo or somewhat close to it for Sim City pre-orders?

simcity_690x330_A_IE.jpg

This is offered by EA Origin store by the way..[/QUOTE]

I don't see that on Origin!:(

[quote name='darkling23']I don't see that on Origin!:([/QUOTE]

I believe it is an international deal since I believe it shows a Euro symbol. So I don't Amazon will match

[quote name='madnessnewb']Harley Quinn DLC worth the 5$? I usually don't like to buy DLCs...but..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']for the level the game offer this DLC is pretty poor, of course thats my opinion, i bought it on the steam summer sale and i still regret it, i guess is only great for those who really love batman[/QUOTE]

I bought Harley Quinn DLC the day it came out on Steam for $10, also got all DLCs for the retail price and don't regret it... because I do love Batman games and Arkham City is just amazing in every way :D

[quote name='r9800pro']I bought Harley Quinn DLC the day it came out on Steam for $10, also got all DLCs for the retail price and don't regret it... because I do love Batman games and Arkham City is just amazing in every way :D[/QUOTE]

I got it on sale during Summer and it is true... it's very short. However, just the ability to go back in to Arkham City and do a few new missions, see more of the story, and play as Nightwing (in something other than challenge missions) was very cool. I don't regret the purchase.

[quote name='hal']I got it on sale during Summer and it is true... it's very short. However, just the ability to go back in to Arkham City and do a few new missions, see more of the story, and play as Nightwing (in something other than challenge missions) was very cool. I don't regret the purchase.[/QUOTE]

You don't play as Nightwing in the Harley DLC.

I enjoyed the DLC quite a bit on 360 and do not regrett paying full price for it.

[quote name='clonesniper666']You don't play as Nightwing in the Harley DLC.

I enjoyed the DLC quite a bit on 360 and do not regrett paying full price for it.[/QUOTE]

He meant Robin

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Argh, this is so tempting but I have this rule placed on my self to only buy digital content at 75% off. On the other hand, it meets my other requirement to not spend more than $5 on a digital game. I guess I'll just wait :([/QUOTE]

i have had this on my radar since it was released...its very tempting at 4.99 but im gonna hold out until either steam or amazon has it at 75% off....

new girlfriend is emptying my wallet faster than a steam seasonal sale....

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Argh, this is so tempting but I have this rule placed on my self to only buy digital content at 75% off. On the other hand, it meets my other requirement to not spend more than $5 on a digital game. I guess I'll just wait :([/QUOTE]

Man, I love those OLD MK games...

If we could get a WORKING re-release of MK4, I'd be happy.
Can't get that to run on any of the recent Win XP + Win 7 PC's.
Worked fine on OLDER rigs, back in the day (Win 98).

You know what would REALLY make me happy?
MK9 getting a NICE PC PORT!

I wish MK Arcade Collection was flat-out Steamworks only.
Bleh @ it ALSO using that god-awful G4WL.

[quote name='MysterD']Man, I love those OLD MK games...

If we could get a WORKING re-release of MK4, I'd be happy.
Can't get that to run on any of the recent Win XP + Win 7 PC's.
Worked fine on OLDER rigs, back in the day (Win 98).

You know what would REALLY make me happy?
MK9 getting a NICE PC PORT!

I wish MK Arcade Collection was flat-out Steamworks only.
Bleh @ it ALSO using that god-awful G4WL.[/QUOTE]

im glad i dont care about DRM....the only DRM that would actually make me think about buying a game is one with activation limits that dont reset...other than that i could honesty give a shit. 2, 3 layers of DRM...dont care as long as its on Steam

[quote name='Drabelincoln']im glad i dont care about DRM....the only DRM that would actually make me think about buying a game is one with activation limits that dont reset...other than that i could honesty give a shit. 2, 3 layers of DRM...dont care as long as its on Steam[/QUOTE]

At $5, I'm still tempted as all Hell - even despite the double-DRM whammy.
I loved all those MK games - especially UMK3.

Smoke Cyborg was/is bad-ass, hehe.

EDIT:
Woot, I got my old disc-copy of MK4 PC working on Win 7.

I honestly don't mind the Steam/G4WL combo. It's slightly annoying, but I don't have to jump through too many hoops for it.

MK4 PC is worth a bit of change ($30+)

Holy BALLS Max Payne 3 is almost 30GB?

I'm going to shatter my monthly bandwidth limit. I'm going to forward the notice to Tony so he can take care of it :D

Also, Lego Batman 2's file size is wrong on Amazon.. it says 10gb required but the download is only 3.6gb

FEAR says it's 5gb.. but it includes the expansions and is 20+gb! MK Collection says 3gb but is only 601mb

[quote name='Scorch']I honestly don't mind the Steam/G4WL combo. It's slightly annoying, but I don't have to jump through too many hoops for it.[/quote]
The only decent thing I guess is that often, G4WL can launch w/out Steam, once DL'ed and it you launch from game-folder's EXE file or create a shortcut directly from the game-folder's EXE.

MK4 PC is worth a bit of change ($30+)
I think I paid like around $10-15, back when Chips N Bits was still in business...

Anyone still need Bioshock 1&2? I want to get the bundle with Spec Ops but, already own the other 2.

edit: Thanks eyecat.

[quote name='windsmere']The 1C collection pack is $15 tomorrow, right?[/QUOTE]

Tony said they were having technical issues with putting the bundle together. Not sure if it got delayed or not. Hopefully it'll go live tomorrow, but I have my doubts :cry:

[quote name='sunghost']Tony said they were having technical issues with putting the bundle together. Not sure if it got delayed or not. Hopefully it'll go live tomorrow, but I have my doubts :cry:[/QUOTE]

He already confirmed it will not be ready for tomorrow and he is running two separate bundles beginning tomorrow as the deals of the week.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']Let me guess : 1C complete pack .[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Actually no, we're going to run that as the DOTW on 9/9. It is taking a long time to QA all the Steam keys and get the pages created.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys,

Our deal of the week obviously changed next week so we'll be offering the following:

The Over the Top Bundle - $14.99:
Two Worlds 2:GOTY: Flying Fortress Edition: $9.99

Neither are Steam codes.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Here is the info guys, looks like the 1C bundle will have to wait at least a week.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']Let me guess : 1C complete pack .[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Actually no, we're going to run that as the DOTW on 9/9. It is taking a long time to QA all the Steam keys and get the pages created.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Happy now Suntoast?

Edit:
I see you removed your snarky posts to try to make me look bad. Not a big deal, here is the info for others that asked.

Just a heads up for that bundle, Gorky is pretty screwed up and buggy on a lot of systems. Even the GOG release is largely awful, which is amusing given that it was developed by CD Projekt, who run GOG.

Not that I imagine anyone is like "Sweet! Buying that huge bundle for some Gorky 17 action!" but given that a lot of the other titles in the package are older and rough around the edges in general, buyer beware and all that.

[quote name='Corpekata']Just a heads up for that bundle, Gorky is pretty screwed up and buggy on a lot of systems. Even the GOG release is largely awful, which is amusing given that it was developed by CD Projekt, who run GOG.

Not that I imagine anyone is like "Sweet! Buying that huge bundle for some Gorky 17 action!" but given that a lot of the other titles in the package are older and rough around the edges in general, buyer beware and all that.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that actually was one of the main games I was looking at. But I have to admit the cover looks good every time I see it on GOG, but then I click through and the game itself is nothing like I expect. And this happens every 3-6 months...lol.

All the games for the "The Over the Top Bundle" looks really bad (and has low review scores). But its cheap?!

At least Xblade has that boxcover:booty:

So can anyone give any recommendation on the games in that bundle?(it $15 for what is listed as about $100 on Amazon (definitely overpriced))

Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back