Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a 20 dollar credit so I picked up NBA 2K12 for 4 bucks. Was planning on getting it for Xbox but I'll take the 60 dollar savings. I've played it once so far and I think I already got my money's worth.

[quote name='lethargic']Had a 20 dollar credit so I picked up NBA 2K12 for 4 bucks. Was planning on getting it for Xbox but I'll take the 60 dollar savings. I've played it once so far and I think I already got my money's worth.[/QUOTE]

Glad you like it! Are you playing multiplayer or single?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad you like it! Are you playing multiplayer or single?[/QUOTE]
The 2K series has always had pretty bad online play on the PC, unfortunately.

But even without multiplayer, 2K12 is well worth $60, and I rarely say that about sports games. $24 is an absolute steal.

[quote name='L0RDTemplar']Will Amazon have Rage available for download soon? Have some credit I'd like to use. Bonus points if it's also part of the 20% sale :)[/QUOTE]

I don't have any word on this yet, but if/when I do I'll post it here immediately!

[quote name='TraBuch']The 2K series has always had pretty bad online play on the PC, unfortunately.

But even without multiplayer, 2K12 is well worth $60, and I rarely say that about sports games. $24 is an absolute steal.[/QUOTE]

That is awesome, I'm glad you're digging the deal :). Who's your team? I'm from Florida so I'm a de-facto Heat fan...

[quote name='L0RDTemplar']Will Amazon have Rage available for download soon? Have some credit I'd like to use. Bonus points if it's also part of the 20% sale :)[/QUOTE]
I've heard Rage is 25 GB, it has a lot of issues on the PC, and it's going to be pretty expensive. I would suggest waiting a little longer for a patch and a sale, so that way when you do get the game it will work as intended. ;)

[quote name='randomdud']I've heard Rage is 25 GB, it has a lot of issues on the PC, and it's going to be pretty expensive. I would suggest waiting a little longer for a patch and a sale, so that way when you do get the game it will work as intended. ;)[/QUOTE]

It sounds like most of the driver problems have been fixed by now. ATI and Nvidia were pretty aggressive about getting new drivers out there. I think I am going to wait a bit for a sale/price drop though.

[quote name='randomdud']I've heard Rage is 25 GB, it has a lot of issues on the PC, and it's going to be pretty expensive. I would suggest waiting a little longer for a patch and a sale, so that way when you do get the game it will work as intended. ;)[/QUOTE]

its actually a 21GB install and yes this game was really buggy at launch it crashed on me a few times, had some bad screen tearing, textures popping. I installed the latest drivers and it did fix the random crashes and screen tearing but the textures still look bad in some areas. The game though is really good I'm liking what I've played so far.

Absolutely an awesome deal! Snapped this up last night & was almost late for work this morning I was playin so late. I remembered hearing about Armored Princess last year on RPGcast, and must say these titles do nod disappoint. Countin' the hours til I can go back home and play again. JUST 5 BUXX! Go git it!

Thanks for getting back to me, but I haven't been online for a couple days! It has not yet been resolved! I am still not being able to access it.

I still continue to get this message:

We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The order never gets placed as well.

[quote name='laotahn']Thanks for getting back to me, but I haven't been online for a couple days! It has not yet been resolved! I am still not being able to access it.

I still continue to get this message:

We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The order never gets placed as well.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'm going to have to apologize here because this isn't something I've dealt with before. Have you tried contacting CS? They are top notch.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

Just placed my order for platinum. Never heard of these games before, but loved the HoMM series. Looks like an amazing deal for the amount of content for $5.00. Also, the fact that amazon will give us another key if we exceed our activations is pro. I've always had good experiences in the past with Amazon CS. Thanks again for posting this deal, tony.

[quote name='L0RDTemplar']It sounds like most of the driver problems have been fixed by now. ATI and Nvidia were pretty aggressive about getting new drivers out there. I think I am going to wait a bit for a sale/price drop though.[/QUOTE]

You need to check the Steam boards.

A lot of people - especially w/ ATI cards - are having problems still, even w/ the new patch - see this thread.
And people that had the game going before the new patch, they are now having trouble w/ getting the game running right now.

The patch has locked out some commands that people were using to fix the game, by making their own config files - since the game lacks a lot of in-game menus w/ various graphics options.

I'd say to let the dust settle and hopefully, Id releases that 100 GB texture pack, which Carmack mentioned around 50 minutes into the [very long] QuakeCon 2011 Keynote John Carmack - QuakeCon 2011 Keynote.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Updated with new deal of the week, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for $11.99 (70% off)[/QUOTE]

Amazing...

[quote name='kosmos13x']Awesome deal on AC Brotherhood. Think that's the lowest it has ever been by far.[/QUOTE]

Yup, too bad I haven't even started the second or I would jump on this.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Amazing...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ceve2001']I've been looking for a deal on AC Brotherhood today, and was about to give up until I re-check Amazon. Sweet deal![/QUOTE]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Awesome deal on AC Brotherhood. Think that's the lowest it has ever been by far.[/QUOTE]

Glad the CAG community approves of the deal this week :)!

[quote name='atreyuevr']Yup, too bad I haven't even started the second or I would jump on this.[/QUOTE]

Do you hear that? "Feed me!" "Feed me!"...I think your back catalog is trying to tell you something ;)

I kid, of course, I am picking it up even though I haven't finished 2 yet, but I plan on playing it with my brother pretty exclusively and saving single player for later.

[quote name='loomis1975']I'm playing this series on console, but this is a great price. Pair it with 1 and 2 from Newegg for $10 and you have quite a lot of PC gaming for little scratch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out!

Also, I posted a gameplay video (courtesy of Kosmos13x) for those who want to see what the gameplay looks like.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Updated with new deal of the week, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for $11.99 (70% off)[/QUOTE]

That's an AWESOME deal and worth every single penny.
I can't stress that enough.

Bought the AC:BH game a little bit back from you guys at Amazon for download, when you matched D2D's deal at $16.

What sort of DRM does Ass Creed Bro have? I remember earlier games in the series had required internet connection and I think securom, so I'm not sure I want this.

[quote name='randomdud']What sort of DRM does Ass Creed Bro have? I remember earlier games in the series had required internet connection and I think securom, so I'm not sure I want this.[/QUOTE]

AC2 and AC:BH both use U-Play (UbiSoft DRM).

Basically, it checks for a Net connection and you signed into your U-Play account at every boot time.
If you get kicked offline, you can still keep playing [on the SP portion, naturally].
Saves are also stored locally on your PC now.

[quote name='MysterD']AC2 and AC:BH both use U-Play (UbiSoft DRM).

Basically, it checks for a Net connection and you signed into your U-Play account at every boot time.
If you get kicked offline, you can still keep playing [on the SP portion, naturally].
Saves are also stored locally on your PC now.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm curious what that last bit means. Did they have a point where your saves were stored online on your account? Meaning without a reliable connection, you couldn't access your save games?

[quote name='randomdud']What sort of DRM does Ass Creed Bro have? I remember earlier games in the series had required internet connection and I think securom, so I'm not sure I want this.[/QUOTE]

I've used it a few times now and it isn't pervasive. What are your thoughts on it MysterD? Or anyone else who has used it?

Would love to get feedback from the folks who have used Ubi's experience so I can gauge how you feel about it...I have a pretty good grasp on how the group who hasn't tried it and don't want to feel :)

Cheers,
Tony

Amazon DVG Deals, whats the reason you guys dont have RAGE for download? since is a game that activates on steam it would save us time and shipping prices, thanks

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I've used it a few times now and it isn't pervasive. What are your thoughts on it MysterD? Or anyone else who has used it?

Would love to get feedback from the folks who have used Ubi's experience so I can gauge how you feel about it...I have a pretty good grasp on how the group who hasn't tried it and don't want to feel :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I actually had AC2 when it was "Always on" DRM (I bought it for like $15 retail box from Amazon, since the game tanked in sales, some time ago), before they scaled the DRM's measures down to what it is now and what they also decided to use for ACBH.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous for U-Play to want to check for me to be signed-in and my connection at every boot.
If you have a spotty or shoddy Net connection, this could be a problem.
Thankfully, I don't currently have a problematic Net connection.

It's annoying as hell that it wants to check every time I boot-up, and as much as I hate to say this, I've had no problems w/ AC2 or ACBH.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']Amazon DVG Deals, whats the reason you guys dont have RAGE for download? since is a game that activates on steam it would save us time and shipping prices, thanks[/QUOTE]

I wish Amazon DL service had Rage PC, as well.

I think given the level of problems the PC version has - see the Rage Steam forums, if you want to see the level of problems, especially w/ ATI users - we all should just sit and wait for it to be fixed and/or wait for some price-drops.

[quote name='MysterD']I actually had AC2 when it was "Always on" DRM (I bought it for like $15 retail box from Amazon, since the game tanked in sales, some time ago), before they scaled the DRM's measures down to what it is now and what they also decided to use for ACBH.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous for U-Play to want to check for me to be signed-in and my connection at every boot.
If you have a spotty or shoddy Net connection, this could be a problem.
Thankfully, I don't currently have a problematic Net connection.

It's annoying as hell that it wants to check every time I boot-up, and as much as I hate to say this, I've had no problems w/ AC2 or ACBH.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

This has been said a million times (yet publishers will not listen apparently). DRM ONLY hurts the customers and does nothing to stop pirates. They always find away around it and when that happens, its just up to the buyer to get the shaft.

*edit* I should say that their new DRM isnt as bad though. It is still a check, but at least it is not an always on or else deal!

Great price. I am very tempted to get it but wished the Brotherhood Deluxe Edition was on sale as well. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks more for the little extras. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Extras:
  • Trajan Market & the Aqueducts.
  • The Harlequin and Officer multiplayer characters.
  • Helmschmied Drachen Armor.
  • Altaïr's Codex.
  • Multiplayer characters cards.
  • Strategy Map of Rome.
  • Assassin’s Creed: Lineage
  • Making-Of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
  • Game Soundtrack

Hey there,

Thanks everyone for all the awesome feedback this week! It has been a ton of fun building and getting involved with all of the excitement here at CAG with you!

It sounds like the pre-order selection and promotion was a hit. You all also seem to be enjoying the Deal of the Week quite a bit.

Thanks for the constant feedback, video submissions (looking at you Kosmos!) and suggestions. This community is a pretty regular topic of conversation over here and we're glad you're all so willing to be active and constructive participants in this process.

Updated this thread with HOMM deal, can't wait to tell you about next week's deal of the week!

Cheers,
Tony

I never thought to try Amazon's download service, but its pretty hassle free. I'm wondering if games that normally are two discs if the download is broken up into two folders for burning. So you can install from disc, or is meant to just backup the whole folder somewhere?

[quote name='Childs']I never thought to try Amazon's download service, but its pretty hassle free. I'm wondering if games that normally are two discs if the download is broken up into two folders for burning. So you can install from disc, or is meant to just backup the whole folder somewhere?[/QUOTE]
Naw, it's all together in one folder.
What you can do is copy as much as you can to each disc - likely, that'll probably be on multiple DVD's.
If you need to reinstall, you take all the discs, put all the [Installer] files back together into the same [temporary] folder on your hard drive. Then, run the Installer EXE to install it all.
This is what stinks about DVD still being the optical drive most supported here on the PC. While BR-burner drives ain't expensive, Blank Blu-Ray's are expensive.

Since it isn't clear from this post, it should be noted that AC:Brotherhood has an offline mode option from the launch client if you aren't connected to the Internet (don't think AC2 has this but I haven't checked recently). I believe the game only requires an Internet connection once for installation (and of course for multiplayer), which is not unlike a lot of PC games today, i.e. those using Steamworks.

For whatever reason, Ubisoft seems to have done a poor job communicating that Brotherhood doesn't require an internet connection every time you want to load up the single player, as I keep seeing people say this.

Source (also own the game and have tested this out myself)

I understand that controlling prices on direct distributed media is easier to do, but as someone who owns a pretty old computer and cannot run most of the new releases coming out, I just want to thank you for adding console deals of the week too. :applause:

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Awesome deal this week I will be buying Deus Ex for sure, the Augmented editon doesn't come with in game items right?[/QUOTE]
According to the product page, it doesn't.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Awesome deal this week I will be buying Deus Ex for sure, the Augmented editon doesn't come with in game items right?[/QUOTE]

Would have been picking it up myself but with them announcing 15 dollar DLC I think I'll pass till the collected edition comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back