Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='amundsjm']How does the Deus Ex: HR digital download activate on steam? I purchased it either way since I don't think I'll see 9.99 + Tax beaten for several months if not a year, but is there a way to get a steam code to activate it, or do I need to actually download and install via Amazon and have it activate on Steam during installation, similar to if it's like buying it retail?[/QUOTE]
No, you don't need to download it. When you're logged into Amazon, in the upper right under your name you should see "Your Digital Items." Click that, then "Your Games & Software Library." You should see all the purchases you made, and if it's Steamworks, there'll be a CD key there. Use that to activate through Steam, and you can bypass the Amazon Downloader thing.

Hope that helps!

[quote name='Nelo Ice']So for anyone that got Risen ur copy should activate. At least my steam copy finally activated today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nelo, I'm making this buyable on the site again. We need to have some internal discussions before we promote it again though as an FYI to those curious.

[quote name='amundsjm']How does the Deus Ex: HR digital download activate on steam? I purchased it either way since I don't think I'll see 9.99 + Tax beaten for several months if not a year, but is there a way to get a steam code to activate it, or do I need to actually download and install via Amazon and have it activate on Steam during installation, similar to if it's like buying it retail?[/QUOTE]

Go to "Your Digital Items" > "Your Games and Software Library" > "Activation Code" > Copy + Paste into Steam > Play awesome game.

Cheers,
T-Money

[quote name='justyouraveragejoe']no, you don't need to download it. When you're logged into amazon, in the upper right under your name you should see "your digital items." click that, then "your games & software library." you should see all the purchases you made, and if it's steamworks, there'll be a cd key there. Use that to activate through steam, and you can bypass the amazon downloader thing.

Hope that helps![/quote]

bah ninja'd!!!!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Man you're going to be so happy New Year's Day...

Cheers,
T-Money[/QUOTE]

T-Money confirmed for bro status. Looking forward to the New Year's Bonanza!

Got Duke, Civ 5 and Deus Ex. I already have Deus Ex: HR on the 360 but I loved it and for only $10 I'll be playing it for the third time on my PC.

Thank's Mr. Money sir. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Man you're going to be so happy New Year's Day...

Cheers,
T-Money[/QUOTE]
So, what do you all have up your sleeve for New Year's Day? Hmmmm?

Can't wait! :whee:

Amazon won't let me give them my money D: Keep trying to buy Deus Ex but I get the error:

We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Guess I'll try again in a bit, hopefully I can snag it before the price changes back :/

[quote name='The Nephilim']Risen still seems to be MIA. /sadface.[/QUOTE]

DRM sucks anyway. Better to get a retail copy if you can... No DRM on that. Used boxed copy is still a pretty good deal for the game.

[quote name='brettsp']DRM sucks anyway. Better to get a retail copy if you can... No DRM on that. Used boxed copy is still a pretty good deal for the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but then I gotta install it, and use a fix since I hate discs etc. 6$ was a nice deal.

Tony, I just have to say thank you for all the great work you're doing. Seriously, best service rep I've ever seen - you understand and directly address so many different questions here with direct and useful information. Even when the answer is basically "no, we can't do that," it helps to have someone we can count on to get definitive info. I hope Amazon recognizes what an asset you are. And to whatever degree you're responsible for these bangin' pcdd sales, thank you again. This has been a killer week for the CAGs paying attention. Thank you for all you do.

So anyway, here's my question: bought the 2k mega pack and didn't notice that the amazon version of bioshock was xp only. I'm on win7 and just wondering if there's any chance of getting an activation code that would work with steam's version since it seems most of the games in that pack had one.

They were exclusive on Impulse because they owned the service but since they sold Impulse to Gamestop they might be willing to distribute their games on other services.

A couple days ago I bit on the great deal on Deus Ex for $10 (which includes the Tactical Enhancement Pack). I didn't think Amazon would once again out-do Steam, but to my surprise...MW3 for $35.

I was skeptical about the game for a long time, but, as a long-time PC COD fan since the original, and knowing how rare deals are with this franchise...I bit. D/L now on Steam.

Once again, thanks T-Money...I'm sure you're making many of us gamers as happy as your superiors! Keep the deals-a-rollin' :D

Thinking about picking up the Civ V GOTY for the dlc. Have the vanilla, and enjoy it. Not as much as Civ 4 but still. So is the dlc alone worth the 11 bucks price tag?

I bit for Civ5:GOTY. I can confirm that it activates with Steam, easy and painless. You just go to "Your digital orders" inside amazon and you'll see the product key, which is your Steam key.

Sonic Generations looks like it's 66% off at Steam ($10). Shots fired! Will Amazon return fire?

Red Faction: Armageddon is also 75% off on Steam today ($7.50). Ready the torpedos, Captain T-Money?

Son of a bee, ninja'd!

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Sonic is $10 on Steam today. It would be kind of nice if Amazon matched that... (hint, hint) :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Sonic Generations looks like it's 66% off at Steam ($10). Shots fired! Will Amazon return fire?

Red Faction: Armageddon is also 75% off on Steam today ($7.50). Ready the torpedos, Captain T-Money?

Son of a bee, ninja'd![/QUOTE]

Prices flip soon, updating OP.

Cheers,
T-Money

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Prices take some time to update, listing them as we start the changover process.[/QUOTE]

Awww yeah. Steam let me down today. Make me happy Amazon!. D'oh. it's all the same games. Good work on the prices though!

Hey Tony, can I use my Amazon credit to buy a digital download game? I don't see it listed as a payment option. My apologies if this has already been asked.

I haven't really heard many good things about Game of Thrones Genesis (or any for that matter) but I'm such a huge fanboy that I'm tempted at $10.

Any ASOIAF fans played it?

Any chance we can see the Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition match the 75% off the regular edition has seen during these sales?

[quote name='The Nephilim']Awww yeah. Steam let me down today. Make me happy Amazon!. D'oh. it's all the same games. Good work on the prices though![/QUOTE]

Game of Thrones fans should be pleased :)

[quote name='Mikerrrr']Hey Tony, can I use my Amazon credit to buy a digital download game? I don't see it listed as a payment option. My apologies if this has already been asked.[/QUOTE]

Yes, do you have credit in your account already or in a promo code?

Sorry to bring this up again since I know you have to be tired of this question, but in regards to game of thrones, it is not on the Steam Key list linked in the OP ... however on the Amazon page it says that it requires Steam so I should still be able to activate on my Steam account correct? I believe I am reading that right ..

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Sorry to bring this up again since I know you have to be tired of this question, but in regards to game of thrones, it is not on the Steam Key list linked in the OP ... however on the Amazon page it says that it requires Steam so I should still be able to activate on my Steam account correct? I believe I am reading that right ..[/QUOTE]

Here are the list of 2011 games using Steamworks:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712878

AGOTG is on there so it should activate.

I wonder if I should get Sonic Generations, at $10 its tempting but I have never played a sonic game before, I only played Mario games growing up never once gave sonic a chance

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Sorry to bring this up again since I know you have to be tired of this question, but in regards to game of thrones, it is not on the Steam Key list linked in the OP ... however on the Amazon page it says that it requires Steam so I should still be able to activate on my Steam account correct? I believe I am reading that right ..[/QUOTE]

If it requires steam, then it is a steam game.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Game of Thrones fans should be pleased :)

Yes, do you have credit in your account already or in a promo code?[/QUOTE]

It's in my account already.

So is Game of Thrones going to be $9.99 or is that a typo?

Also, anyone have any impressions on this game. It seems there's been many negative reviews across the board. Basically, would it be worth $10?

[quote name='option.iv']So is Game of Thrones going to be $9.99 or is that a typo?

Also, anyone have any impressions on this game. It seems there's been many negative reviews across the board. Basically, would it be worth $10?[/QUOTE]

Yeah seems like everything is updated now and GoT did update from 29.99 to 19.99 instead of 9.99. At 19.99 (Steam Price) I was likely to pass due to the bad reviews. For 9.99 I was hoping to pick it up on AMZ just due to my love of the books.

[quote name='Zin_LG']Are people who bought Sonic Generations last week when at $15 eligible for a price difference refund?[/QUOTE]

Hi Zin,

Since we don't control the promotional strategy for our competitors and, as you've noticed, we make it a policy to make sure we're always priced competitively it isn't possible for us to issue credit like this whenever our competitors change their price and we match. If we did we'd never be able to run promotions of our own.

I know this likely isn't the answer you wanted, but I hope you understand.

[quote name='fmz65']T-Money will Bastion go on sale for a greater discount than Steam on Amazon? ($5.09)[/QUOTE]

We actually don't carry Bastion. Sorry

[quote name='Mikerrrr']It's in my account already.[/QUOTE]

If it is in your account already then it should be deducted at checkout, you should see it in your price display. If you don't then your credit might be applicable to specific items/times, for example our $5 credit towards the best selling games of 2011 can only be used on specific titles, and not until January.

Is it a giftcard or promo credit?

Cheers,
T-Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back