Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, updated the OP. Added next week's deals, cleaned up the clutter :).[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Darkspore! I was hoping we'd see that as a daily - my saving my last coupon paid off. Now I just have to remember to actually grab it, as I'm uber busy next week...

[quote name='konzen30']aw man nothing for me next week, maybe just maybe nfs hot pursuit. shouldve bought crysis maximum D:[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2, darkspore and NSF for me. Then I'm done

I was going through my gmail account and realized because of the way some emails get threaded that I still have two codes. Please PM with trade offers. I don't need anything major, either decent Steam coupons or rpg or rpgish strategy games that I don't already have (I'm also Crimsontribe on Steam). I'm also open to creative suggestions ($2.49 psn codes/ interesting cheap PSN dlc codes such as the disgaea 2 characters)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, updated the OP. Added next week's deals, cleaned up the clutter :).[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony

Nothing about Space Marine ? ;)

[quote name='Jaysonguy']It's easier to keep track and launch your games from a single client then have to find the individual game.

There's been many times I forgot I've owned a game until I started up Steam or Origin[/QUOTE]

So it's that hard to log into your Amazon account and look there too huh? :p

I just find it silly and really lazy that people can't be bothered to use Amazon's tools despite them giving these great deals.

[quote name='wolve']So it's that hard to log into your Amazon account and look there too huh? :p

I just find it silly and really lazy that people can't be bothered to use Amazon's tools despite them giving these great deals.[/QUOTE]

I think it's silly people are worried why other people like things a certain way. To each his own. I personally like games in a game client. I guess I could create a spreadsheet listing every game I own and where I purchased it from. Seems tedious to me....but i guess I'm just lazy.

[quote name='INCyr']Really? They were cheaper at GOG? I thought they were about $5 each, making getting all 8 $40, vs. the $20 price tag on that collection.

Still, I'll likely refrain from picking up the collection and wait and pick them up at GOG sometime myself - I'd love to get them, but I have no time to play the millions of hours that I've heard they will require of me.[/QUOTE]

apparently steam is going to be carrying a complete baldur's gate package soon

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry fmz! I totally thought I'd made this clear in earlier posts. We're probably going to run Space Marine (I hope) at one point in January, but it will likely not be at the crazy prices you've seen elsewhere.

That's why when the question came up originally I was really upfront about buying it at that crazy $12.50 pricepoint while it was up.

Really sorry that you didn't get this communication sooner.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

In response to r9800pro asking about Space Marine.

Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 and I'm probably out. A couple of weeks ago I'd have said that I'd bite on a Space Marine under $20, but since then my backlog has grown considerably and I figure that, like Darksiders (another really fun game!), I'll see Space Marine on Steam/Elsewhere for $5 within a year.

Oh, edit: Question I don't think anyone's really asked. Is it possible to "back up" Amazon downloads like Bulletstorm? Because my internet at my current housing situation isn't that fabulous, I tend to download things at night (especially with Steam) and back them up in a ridiculously OCD organization system on an external HD, and I'd like to do that with Bulletstorm as well. So does anyone know if it's naked enough that I can just hold onto all of the files in a folder and drop them to another PC, so long as I keep the key handy?

So no Dead Island unless it somehow pops up on the 29th or 30th? I know you were trying to put something together so no complaints but just wondering if that's a confirmation it won't be going on sale.

[quote name='amundsjm']Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 and I'm probably out. A couple of weeks ago I'd have said that I'd bite on a Space Marine under $20, but since then my backlog has grown considerably and I figure that, like Darksiders (another really fun game!), I'll see Space Marine on Steam/Elsewhere for $5 within a year.

Oh, edit: Question I don't think anyone's really asked. Is it possible to "back up" Amazon downloads like Bulletstorm? Because my internet at my current housing situation isn't that fabulous, I tend to download things at night (especially with Steam) and back them up in a ridiculously OCD organization system on an external HD, and I'd like to do that with Bulletstorm as well. So does anyone know if it's naked enough that I can just hold onto all of the files in a folder and drop them to another PC, so long as I keep the key handy?[/QUOTE]

I DL my files at night too, back up the folder onto my external HD and then split it up into DVD size RARs and burn those. The files all download into one folder with the installer and everything in it so you can move and store it however you like.

When do these codes expire again? Was it the end of this month or next month?

[quote name='wolve']What is really the big deal w/ Origin on CAG? Most other PC gamers wouldn't touch Origin with a 10 foot pole. And I'd rather download from Amazon anyways. Less game clients I have to install the better.[/QUOTE]
Unlike what most people would proclaim, Origin is not some awful piece of shit. It's actually decent, adequate if you're feeling less than generous, if barebones. I honestly cannot understand the kneejerk frothing hate a lot of people have for it. I have a feeling people's animosity towards EA simply makes Origin an easy target.

I like how Origin forces me to shut it down to play Dead Space 2 without glitches.. strange how EA's download client/manager interferes with its own games. If I play it with DS2 running, I get a black screen whenever I alt-tab or attempt changing resolutions.. lol.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']O shit how do you get teh holiday promo code[/QUOTE]

Just type T3H-H0L1DAY-PR0MO-COD3 into the code box at checkout.*

*This will not work. I am a jerk.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']well isn't the code universal? someeone just post it![/QUOTE]

It's not universal.. Why do you think people are trading for codes?

[quote name='Mooby']So no Dead Island unless it somehow pops up on the 29th or 30th? I know you were trying to put something together so no complaints but just wondering if that's a confirmation it won't be going on sale.[/QUOTE]

It isn't confirmation yet, but it doesn't look great for a Dead Island sale. Still working on it on this end but not a whole lot of traction.

Fail. I was all excited to buy Bulletstorm today with the my code and then discovered that I accidentally deleted the e-mail when I was clearing out spam at the beginning of the year. D:

I think Crysis 2 will be my last purchase in January, unless Amazon has some really crazy deals next week. I can wait for Sonic Generations to be lower (not too interested in it).

[quote name='Microshock']Anno 2070 has that plain stupid hardware activated DRM, right? It's too bad, the game actually looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

Curious if your concern is activation limits on the DRM? I've addressed it a few times here but we handle that through our internal policy:

I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Sorry if this was not your concern. I feel like I post this alot...adding it to the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

It's great to hear your policy on un-fucking-up publishers' stupid DRM, but I hesitate to actually give any money to Ubisoft, lest they believe their policies to be working.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Curious if your concern is activation limits on the DRM? I've addressed it a few times here but we handle that through our internal policy:

I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

Sorry if this was not your concern. I feel like I post this alot...adding it to the OP.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It uses DRM that uses an activation when you change something in your PC, like a video card. And you need to be on the internet the entire time. In fact, it seems like half of the reviews talk about this on there, not your guys fault though.
That's a very nice guarantee though, giving us a new key and all when we run out of activations.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It isn't confirmation yet, but it doesn't look great for a Dead Island sale. Still working on it on this end but not a whole lot of traction.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the update. And your efforts!

[quote name='Luxuria']Fail. I was all excited to buy Bulletstorm today with the my code and then discovered that I accidentally deleted the e-mail when I was clearing out spam at the beginning of the year. D:[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM. Let me know if you have a chance to respond.

BTW my entire dad's side of the family lives in Brickell go Canes :).

Oh another question, I just bought two copies of NFS:Hot Pursuit yesterday. If theres a sale anytime soon on that, would there be a chance of a price match?

Any hints for the last three days of January? I have a coupon left but I already have the games going on sale for the next couple days.

What about divinity ii? Thanks again for doing this, twas an amazing deal for gamers.

[quote name='sunghost']I like how Origin forces me to shut it down to play Dead Space 2 without glitches.. strange how EA's download client/manager interferes with its own games. If I play it with DS2 running, I get a black screen whenever I alt-tab or attempt changing resolutions.. lol.[/QUOTE]
Really? I have been playing it straight from Origin and works quite well. :/ I like to use it as a Non-Steam link better, but it works fine for me.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Any hints for the last three days of January? I have a coupon left but I already have the games going on sale for the next couple days.

What about divinity ii? Thanks again for doing this, twas an amazing deal for gamers.[/QUOTE]

Divinity II is slated for a Deal slot, but we're still scheduling which one.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Divinity II is slated for a Deal slot, but we're still scheduling which one.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I'm excited!
Thanks for the response

Amazon guys you are really making it tough for me.

I can only buy 1 of these games.:cry:

1. DOW 2 Retribution
2. Shogun 2
3. Crysis 2

What should I buy??? I am not highly interested in a FPS game as I already have both BF3 and MW3. But missing a cheap Crysis 2 deal like that will haunt me forever.

Retribution and Shogun are both brilliant. I like the Survival mode in Retribution but Shogun deal is boss.

Help me please.

[quote name='bwrobins']Tony,

Any chance of a recap of some of the deals for those of us who found the thread late...

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I know it is becoming common to recap some of the deals on the last days. That might be a good idea for either the last weekend in Jan or the last two days of the month. Thoughts?

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Any chance of price matching STEAM's deal of "Medal of Honor" at $4.99 ?
http://store.steampowered.com/[/QUOTE]

Hamsters, wheels...we just sold through a TON of our inventory on this game and hadn't planned on this, so if you're going to try and jump on this I would do it quickly as the likelyhood that we will run out is extremely high.

[quote name='bwrobins']I know it is becoming common to recap some of the deals on the last days. That might be a good idea for either the last weekend in Jan or the last two days of the month. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Right now we don't have any plans for a recap since we've pretty much slated daily deals from now until the end of the month.

As always though, I'll suggest it and see what everyone has to say about it :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters, wheels...we just sold through a TON of our inventory on this game and hadn't planned on this, so if you're going to try and jump on this I would do it quickly as the likelyhood that we will run out is extremely high.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I managed to catch this right as you price matched. Can't beat a free game. :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters, wheels...we just sold through a TON of our inventory on this game and hadn't planned on this, so if you're going to try and jump on this I would do it quickly as the likelyhood that we will run out is extremely high.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony! You made my day :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Divinity II is slated for a Deal slot, but we're still scheduling which one.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Glorious news. I've been holding on to one just for it. :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back