Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have 3 coupons left
happy.gif

I have been running Crysis 2 with the DX11 and high res pack at all Ultra settings. The game looks beyond fantastic, the amount of detail is noticeably greater than that of the console version.

Definitely can't complain for $10! Thanks again Amazon!

Got one code, if anyone has another one I can trade a bunch of steam coupons, 50% off batman: aa, 25% off assrev, 25% off lord of the rings: war in the north

ugh, I'm really torn, is the DRM for Crysis 2 as bad as some describe it? I have a nice new gaming PC but I'm not huge on games like Crysis, but I'd love to see how well it runs for $5.. ;)

Since no one answered, I hunted down the DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade link. Here's the install cycle I had to use to get the game running on my system:

1. Input code from A'zon into Origin and downloaded.

2. Tried to launch from Origin and it crashed immediately, never starting.

3. Started from Windows shortcut and it immediately downloaded the 1.9 patch, updating from 1.0. WTF don't they push the latest versions?

4. Shut down and restarted Origin and it now launches the game properly.

5. In the Options of Crysis 2, it had DirectX 11 support grayed out and listed the site to get the update. I had already done so from the link above.

6. Installed the upgrade (559MB) and hi-rez texture (1.7GB!) packs in that order.

7. PROFIT!

[quote name='InfenroIII']Is there any way to resend the E-mail with the coupon code? I cant seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I think you'll have to contact amazon's customer support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crysis 2 is a great game from what I've played. I snagged it for 0 with the coupon and some credit. Can't wait for the co-op mod to be finished.

Hey Tony,

Any chance you guys are PM'ing Steam's Sonic & Sega All Star Racing for $4.99? My friend and I are interested in buying it on Amazon if it's DRM free :)

Thanks for the good deals :)

So is there any way to see if the version of a game you DLed from Amazon is the most up to date? I see some patches that were released for Necrovision, but I don't know if the version on Amazon already has that built into it or what? Also some of the patches say they only work on retail release on not on any version purchased from a digital distributor? What kind of sense does that make?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So is there any way to see if the version of a game you DLed from Amazon is the most up to date? I see some patches that were released for Necrovision, but I don't know if the version on Amazon already has that built into it or what? Also some of the patches say they only work on retail release on not on any version purchased from a digital distributor? What kind of sense does that make?[/QUOTE]

As for the notice regarding patches only working on retail copies, it does make sense to some degree. Some services such as Steam often change the file structure of a game, or require games to include additional files so as to integrate into the Steam client/DRM. Thus, retail patches often cannot be applied without risk of severely botching up your game.

The only way to know if it is up to date though, as far as I can tell, is to see if there is a version number printed in a corner anywhere on the main menu of the game. However, I would assume it is a safe bet that a majority games on Amazon are the original releases before they were patched. I imagine retail patches would work though, since Amazon is not delivering the game through any special client or attaching DRM of their own.

While often a pain to update games manually, it certainly is my method of choice. Too many games on Steam have been forced updated to include an even more broken patch.

[quote name='InfenroIII']Hopefully that won't be a hassle.[/QUOTE]

From past experience Amazon support seems to be able to see every email from Amazon to you, they should be able to track that email down for you no problem. I haven't called in regards to an email in a while so things may have changed but yeah...

[quote name='eagles5769']How active is the Crysis 2 online community? Someone told me when he got online there was only 1 server with people.[/QUOTE]

The online is pretty crappy, I don't expect anyone to be playing.

[quote name='eagles5769']How active is the Crysis 2 online community? Someone told me when he got online there was only 1 server with people.[/QUOTE]

Last I played, euro servers were fairly populated but US servers were hard to come by.

[quote name='ceve2001']Hey Tony,

Any chance you guys are PM'ing Steam's Sonic & Sega All Star Racing for $4.99? My friend and I are interested in buying it on Amazon if it's DRM free :)

Thanks for the good deals :)[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it have SecuROM on all versions? I have been trying to find a definitive answer and that's as close as I've found (although not entirely definitive)

Really tempted to buy shogun 2, though my computer probably can't run it but I'm planning on getting a new PC this year.

What do?

[quote name='ericpol']Is there a way to see which codes have already been used?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, not really. You can start the process to "BUY AND DOWNLOAD" any of the games and then add the code. If it has been used, it will tell you. If it has not been used, it will be added to your account. If you stop that transaction without buying the download, the $5 discount will be attached to your account and you can use it in the future, but if anyone else tries to use it they will get the message that it has already been redeemed.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']AFAIK, not really. You can start the process to "BUY AND DOWNLOAD" any of the games and then add the code. If it has been used, it will tell you. If it has not been used, it will be added to your account. If you stop that transaction without buying the download, the $5 discount will be attached to your account and you can use it in the future, but if anyone else tries to use it they will get the message that it has already been redeemed.[/QUOTE]
Bummer I was gonna trade the 2 i have left since I'm not seeing anything for me I guess I'll just try one and see what happens, thanks for the info

[quote name='Darkon_X']Really tempted to buy shogun 2, though my computer probably can't run it but I'm planning on getting a new PC this year.

What do?[/QUOTE]

Download the demo on steam and see if you can play it?

[quote name='Darkon_X']Really tempted to buy shogun 2, though my computer probably can't run it but I'm planning on getting a new PC this year.

What do?[/QUOTE]

Cheap Ass GAMER - Buy it with the deal on Amazon. It'll be sitting there waiting for you when you get a new computer. It's a good deal and you'll be supporting Amazon and the developer.

CHEAP Ass Gamer - Wait a while. Steam is required to play, so it's worth monitoring Steam and Amazon to see when the next price drop is (and if I remember correctly, both of them had it for around $7.50 at certain times in the last two months). It probably won't be cheaper in the next few months, but I would be surprised if it's not $5 or less by/during next year's winter deals. If you've got a backlog and need the new computer to play it, there's no harm in waiting for a price drop.

[quote name='Darkon_X']OK so what code or what do I need to do to get Shogun for 9.99?

Sorry about the n00bness[/QUOTE]

Amazon gave out codes during November and December for buying certain downloadable games.

The only way to get one now is to trade with someone who has extras. People post offers from time to time in this thread. If you are willing to offer something you should be able to get one.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Cheap Ass GAMER - Buy it with the deal on Amazon. It'll be sitting there waiting for you when you get a new computer. It's a good deal and you'll be supporting Amazon and the developer.

CHEAP Ass Gamer - Wait a while. Steam is required to play, so it's worth monitoring Steam and Amazon to see when the next price drop is (and if I remember correctly, both of them had it for around $7.50 at certain times in the last two months). It probably won't be cheaper in the next few months, but I would be surprised if it's not $5 or less by/during next year's winter deals. If you've got a backlog and need the new computer to play it, there's no harm in waiting for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Great advice, thanks. Yes, 'backlog' doesn't even being to describe it. I have yet to play about 20 games (all of which I own), including both Batmans, any assassin's creed after AC 2, dante's inferno, both Dead Spaces, both FEARs and like 5 games I bought from GoG.com during the holidays... so yeah I think I'll just wait for further deals/pricedrops, specially since I don't have any deal codes neither so yeah.

Thanks CrimsonTribe for the clarification.

[quote name='h4mx0r']Is it just me or is Shogun 2 listed at ~$25ish right now?[/QUOTE]
Not just you, bet there's a glitch somewhere and Tony will have to send in a call for a fix

[quote name='h4mx0r']Is it just me or is Shogun 2 listed at ~$25ish right now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Not just you, bet there's a glitch somewhere and Tony will have to send in a call for a fix[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response here, we've been working on this issue since about 2:00AM. Luckily this is a deal of the week so we'll get it fixed an you'll have an opportunity to snag the deal later today or tomorrow. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Update soon.

Finally had a use for my coupon! I missed the Alice deal (still bummed about that, really want to see that game but not spend a lot of money on it).

But Sonic Generations for $10? Great!

If anyone has an extra coupon they are not going to use I have some Steam coupons (Valve, Deep Silver, Payday, Portal 2, and a few others) and a couple indie games (Zombie Shooter 1 & 2, Your Doodles are Bugged, Hacker Evolution: Duality & Untold) that I would be willing to trade in exchange.

PM me if interested.

[quote name='admurray2']If anyone has an extra coupon they are not going to use I have some Steam coupons (Valve, Deep Silver, Payday, Portal 2, and a few others) and a couple indie games (Zombie Shooter 1 & 2, Your Doodles are Bugged, Hacker Evolution: Duality & Untold) that I would be willing to trade in exchange.

PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]

How much % you have off on Payday?

really tempted to get shogun 2 .... but i'm thinking that its a game best waited on, since within a year there should be a version that includes all the DLC. i really hate how some games handle their DLC ... not shogun in particular, but some of these games it feels like they are just using DLC to get more money for the same thing instead of feeling like im paying a nominal cost for truly extra content.

$5 coupon still up for grabs on Amazon, let me know if you want to trade (no Dead Space 2 offers as I own it on PS3, sorry).

[quote name='pantsattack']I have an amazon coupon code I'd like to trade for The Witcher or Medal of Honor.[/QUOTE]

If this would have been last week I would have bit instantly, but nothing from now until the end of the month entices me.

@Tony

Any idea when we will find out what you'll have on sale for the Final week of the promotion (1-29 -> 1-31)?
I'm trying to see if I'm gonna use up my FINAL 4 coupons...STILL. :p

Any plans to maybe recap some of the Best of the Best of 2011 sales you had already?

Is anyone having problems checking out?

I am trying to buy Sonic Generations with a 5 dollar coupon. The code is accepted. But every time I click on complete it prompts me for a credit card. I enter the credit card and it brings me back to the check out screen and this loop is repeated.

Tried 2 different pcs with firefox and chrome. Cleared cache etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back