Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eucliwood']Tony, so I've contacted Origin and they told me to ask for a key replacement.
I've posted the chat log in my previous post. Could you look through it?[/QUOTE]

I just did, and I forwarded it over to the guys I work with at EA. I'm 99% certain that the chat rep you spoke to was mistaken though and that ME 1 will not register on Origin yet, regardless of the key you have.

All of our keys come in the same batch from EA, so the more probable scenario is that they haven't added ME1 to the list of games that activate on Origin yet.

I will let you know as soon as I get confirmation though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, Tony.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just did, and I forwarded it over to the guys I work with at EA. I'm 99% certain that the chat rep you spoke to was mistaken though and that ME 1 will not register on Origin yet, regardless of the key you have.
[/quote]

It registers on Origin. I was able to register mine. It is like Crysis 1 and a few other games where you have to register them through pogo and then transfer them over to Origin. It takes a couple of extra steps but it can be done.

I am pretty sure it was an Amazon deal thread where someone here (on CAG) explained how it was done. I followed the steps and sure enough, I was able to register all of my EA games on Origin. ME1, ME2, Crysis 1, Crysis Warhead and Dead Space 1. Prior to that, none of those games would register on Origin for me.

I wish I knew where that post was; perhaps someone else will remember it and know how to find it quickly.

Edit: Found it. It is in this very thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9248383&postcount=1974

Also, I am crossing my fingers for a Payday deal. :)

[quote name='avwjase']It registers on Origin. I was able to register mine. It is like Crysis 1 and a few other games where you have to register them through pogo and then transfer them over to Origin. It takes a couple of extra steps but it can be done.

I am pretty sure it was an Amazon deal thread where someone here (on CAG) explained how it was done. I followed the steps and sure enough, I was able to register all of my EA games on Origin. ME1, ME2, Crysis 1, Crysis Warhead and Dead Space 1. Prior to that, none of those games would register on Origin for me.

I wish I knew where that post was; perhaps someone else will remember it and know how to find it quickly.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, should have clarified. I'm 99% certain that the game won't register on Origin without using that crazy separate account creation method, which I don't have enough clarity on to describe.

The part of the question I can address with certainty is that it isn't a function of whether or not he needs a new key though, we could issue 100 new keys and none of them would activate on Origin without the workaround you're describing.

And yeah, if anyone has a step by step process for how to do that, and we can confirm it works, I'll happily toss it in the OP :).

Cheers,
Tony

If you haven't picked up Dungeon Defenders on Staem now is the time! It's the best version of the game and at $3 it's the same price as its on iTunes.

[quote name='Shimmerz']The Witcher 2 is amazing. Bought a Steam copy off a fellow CAG and couldnt stop playing. Decisions affect the story so there is definite replayability. Also, not that it matters since its only a game but man is the red head smoking.[/QUOTE]

Did they fix the combat system? I tried to play Witcher 1 and just could not get into the game because of (what I felt) the clunky combat system.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry, should have clarified. I'm 99% certain that the game won't register on Origin without using that crazy separate account creation method, which I don't have enough clarity on to describe.

The part of the question I can address with certainty is that it isn't a function of whether or not he needs a new key though, we could issue 100 new keys and none of them would activate on Origin without the workaround you're describing.

And yeah, if anyone has a step by step process for how to do that, and we can confirm it works, I'll happily toss it in the OP :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ME1 will not register on Origin without going through the EA Activation that goes through pogo. At least, I could never get it to work. I edited my post to include the link to the post I used to activate mine. I can verify that it worked for me. It worked on every EA game that I previously could not register on Origin. I think the only game I had to contact support for was Crysis Wars. It activated using those methods but would not show up in Origin. I contacted support and they added it for me with no problem.

[quote name='avwjase']It registers on Origin. I was able to register mine. It is like Crysis 1 and a few other games where you have to register them through pogo and then transfer them over to Origin. It takes a couple of extra steps but it can be done.

I wish I knew where that post was; perhaps someone else will remember it and know how to find it quickly.

Edit: Found it. It is in this very thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9248383&postcount=1974

Also, I am crossing my fingers for a Payday deal. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eucliwood']Thank you so much, Tony.[/QUOTE]

Hey there Eucliwood, can you try the steps awv links to in his post? If they work let me know and it'll go in the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='avwjase']Did they fix the combat system? I tried to play Witcher 1 and just could not get into the game because of (what I felt) the clunky combat system.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I never played the first Witcher so I cant compare them. It was definitely passable though, but what really got me into it was the story.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there Eucliwood, can you try the steps awv links to in his post? If they work let me know and it'll go in the OP.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'd tried both of two links before to redeem the ME key.
For the 1st link https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do, i got the message "The product code entered is not valid for game activation."
For the 2nd link https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do, i got the message "We are unable to retrieve your product information at this time. Please try again. If this error repeats, please try again later"
Therefore, I contacted EA support and was told to ask for key replacement.

[quote name='Eucliwood']I've tried both of two links before.
For the 1st link https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do, i got the message "The product code entered is not valid for game activation."
For the 2nd link https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do, i got the message "We are unable to retrieve your product information at this time. Please try again. If this error repeats, please try again later"
Therefore, I contacted EA support and was told to ask for key replacement.[/QUOTE]

BAH! Ok, in that case, i retract my question and revert to "Stay tuned" sorry dude.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='avwjase']Did they fix the combat system? I tried to play Witcher 1 and just could not get into the game because of (what I felt) the clunky combat system.[/QUOTE]

I know they worked a ton on the combat system between titles and even post launch with the Witcher 2. I can't give you specifics but my understanding is that it is much improved.

Origin chat help got ME1 registered on Origin for me

At first the rep told me she can't do that but she could give me a key for Bring Down The Sky DLC lol

Why would I want a DLC for a game that I don't have yet ?!

She asked me to wait and registered it for me (through Pogo I guess)

Origin store has some titles for $5 and most of them are old except Shift 2 Unleashed, could Amazon price match this ? Shift 2 was left out of the most sales for the past few months and it would be great to see a good deal for it :)

Hi Tony,
So I've just contacted with EA support again. This time I met a different supporter, and he helped me to add ME1 into my Origin account.
And now I got ME1 in my account.

Thank you, Tony. Thank you, Amazon.
And also thank you, EA Support. (even they will not see here, I think) :)

Please give the $20 credit for Syndicate PC version too. The 360 and PS3 versions have it yet PC doesn't despite being the same $59.99!!!!!! :( And give download discount too please. Thanks

[quote name='Eucliwood']I'd tried both of two links before to redeem the ME key.
Therefore, I contacted EA support and was told to ask for key replacement.[/QUOTE]

I tried the second link to register my crysis game - it took the key and said it was registered but would not show up on origin. EA support tried for a while (even forced a shared desktop mode which was really weird) but ultimately said the key is not good - go ask amazon.

trying to register it again on ea now just says the key is already used.

I bought the Digital Deluxe Ed. of Mass Effect 2 hoping I could just pop in the code to my Origin copy, but no download or pop up for the extra content happened.

I contacted Origin Customer Support and had them remove my original Mass Effect 2 code while I entered in the 3 given with the Deluxe Ed.

I've uninstalled ME2 and started up the origin downloader for the Deluxe Ed, which I'm figuring should pop in the soundtrack, artbook, etc.

Just fair warning to anyone else wanting to do what I did.

And let's see a discount for Spore's Creepy and Cute Parts, dag nabbit.

So some people say these games don't require Origin and that the paranoia should stop (it's not paranoia), yet many posters are trying to register these games on Origin.

Why?

Isn't having to register an EA account for ME2 essentially the same thing as registering for Origin?

[quote name='inm8num2']So some people say these games don't require Origin and that the paranoia should stop (it's not paranoia), yet many posters are trying to register these games on Origin.

Why?

Isn't having to register an EA account for ME2 essentially the same thing as registering for Origin?[/QUOTE]

Some despise Origin. Some don't. Some of us prefer to consolidate games to a central management tool(s).

Personally I like Steam but since I already have Origin for so many EA games adding another to it, isn't a big deal. I am much more likely to buy it knowing I can register it on Origin than nothing at all.

[quote name='inm8num2']So some people say these games don't require Origin and that the paranoia should stop (it's not paranoia), yet many posters are trying to register these games on Origin.

Why?
[/QUOTE]

Origin promises to keep your games updated w/ patches (at least that's what I read) - sort of like steam. For some of the older games where the DRM was relaxed a bit via a patch, it's important to make sure your game is fully patched.

I think liking or disliking Origin has much to do w/ your first experience with the client. I must say that in my brief 'digital game' life, I've had far more issues w/ Origin vs. steam.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Origin promises to keep your games updated w/ patches (at least that's what I read) - sort of like steam. For some of the older games where the DRM was relaxed a bit via a patch, it's important to make sure your game is fully patched.

I think liking or disliking Origin has much to do w/ your first experience with the client. I must say that in my brief 'digital game' life, I've had far more issues w/ Origin vs. steam.[/QUOTE]

Origin only recently added patching to my knowledge and its only on select games. I still had to manually patch even fairly recent games like Crysis 2, BFBC2, etc. Newer titles like BF3 update automatically though but that one requires origin.

I wish there was a good third party tool that automated patch delivery, then getting items on other services wouldn't be as big of an issue. I've tried a few and they were awful and required a lot of manual work each time you install a game or a patch comes out.

It's so odd that people are saying, "You have to register on EA but it doesn't require Origin."

Didn't the EA download manager BECOME Origin? Then making an EA account means making an Origin account.

Not sure why people are confusing this so much in here.

[quote name='inm8num2']It's so odd that people are saying, "You have to register on EA but it doesn't require Origin."

Didn't the EA download manager BECOME Origin? Then making an EA account means making an Origin account.

Not sure why people are confusing this so much in here.[/QUOTE]

Yes but even though an EA/Origin account is used for some of the games the actual client install is not required. I know its confusing but its not the same thing.

Hey guys just so you know I just activated both Mass Effect(s) on Origin. I got on the chat help through Origin and these are the steps he made me follow.

1.) Give rep your activation codes and tell them you want to add the game to Origin. The rep should make you follow the steps below. It was a little hard to understand my rep but I figured it out. Some of his instructions were wrong so I figured I would post this.

2.) Make an account at pogo.com (make sure you use the same email address as your EA account - write down your username and password).

3.) Go to Ea.profile.com, log in, then scroll down where it says Add Persona. Click on that and it will say add an EA classic account. Then it will ask for an username and password - use the ones for your pogo account.

3.) Afterwards (couple of minutes) restart Origin and both games will be added.

I am now in the process of downloading the games from Origin.

So as far as DLC do I get that through Origin? Wish they would also go on sale :)

[quote name='unknown0']Hey guys just so you know I just activated both Mass Effect(s) on Origin. I got on the chat help through Origin and these are the steps he made me follow.

1.) Give rep your activation codes and tell them you want to add the game to Origin. The rep should make you follow the steps below. It was a little hard to understand my rep but I figured it out. Some of his instructions were wrong so I figured I would post this.

2.) Make an account at pogo.com (make sure you use the same email address as your EA account - write down your username and password).

3.) Go to Ea.profile.com, log in, then scroll down where it says Add Persona. Click on that and it will say add an EA classic account. Then it will ask for an username and password - use the ones for your pogo account.

So as far as DLC do I get that through Origin? Wish they would also go on sale :)[/QUOTE]

DLC is available from bioware only. It rarely if ever goes on sale. Occasionally you can get bioware points on origin for a discount. I bought some at 60% off last Holiday.

It's for this reason I haven't picked up ME1 or 2 on PC because the DLC is still full price and there is no GOTY. Most of the ME2 DLC is worth it but the ME1 DLC isn't worth the time in my opinion. Also the ME2 DLC is better if bought up front so you experience it with the game rather than after.

[quote name='wolverine81']May have been asked already, and I apologize if it was, but does Mass Effect 1 register on Steam?[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't.

[quote name='wolverine81']May have been asked already, and I apologize if it was, but does Mass Effect 1 register on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Should we just put this in the thread title?

[quote name='pROvIs']DLC is available from bioware only. It rarely if ever goes on sale. Occasionally you can get bioware points on origin for a discount. I bought some at 60% off last Holiday.

It's for this reason I haven't picked up ME1 or 2 on PC because the DLC is still full price and there is no GOTY. Most of the ME2 DLC is worth it but the ME1 DLC isn't worth the time in my opinion. Also the ME2 DLC is better if bought up front so you experience it with the game rather than after.[/QUOTE]Bring Down The Sky is well worth the money, though Pinnacle Station isn't.

Lair Of The Shadow Broker and Kasumi's Stolen Memory are well worth the money, especially LoTSB. Overlord may or may not, depending if you like DLC that's a little different than the main ME2 gameplay. Arrival was alright, though it's worth getting on a discount, but the endgame in it was pretty good.

[quote name='unknown0']Hey guys just so you know I just activated both Mass Effect(s) on Origin. I got on the chat help through Origin and these are the steps he made me follow.

So as far as DLC do I get that through Origin? Wish they would also go on sale :)[/QUOTE]

thanks for posting this!

My issue is with step 1 and getting the agent to do that. I've now had a chat session with 3 (2 from ea and 1 from origin) agents and getting them to acknowledge that they can do step 1 is not going anywhere. Each time they say they're doing something, want to share my desktop, they do something and then say my keys are no good. They insist that if I can't use the feature from within the origin client, then it's an old game and they can't do anything.

we're obviously using different magic words...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not enough characters :(

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It seems no matter what you do people still ask. Even if its in the post above theirs.

[quote name='TheLongshot']No, it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.
And Tony, if you just type it out next to the link on the OP I think that would work perfectly!

[quote name='wolverine81']Thank you.
And Tony, if you just type it out next to the link on the OP I think that would work perfectly![/QUOTE]

It is typed out next to it. Whenever an item registers on steam he makes note of it.

[quote name='pROvIs']It seems no matter what you do people still ask. Even if its in the post above theirs.[/QUOTE]

this. it's inevitable. most people don't even bother to go one page back, let alone 2 or more.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Spacemarine will definitely be in the upcoming sale. As for Payday, I'll have an update for you all very soon.

By the way, who is excited for "The Witcher 2" for $14.99 starting on Sunday?

We don't have DLC sale plans yet, but I'm working on something. Nothing developed far enough to talk about yet though. Stay tuned!

Good question! Most of our SUPER HUGE lists like that are actually sorted by best sellers. Sometimes we order them ourselves but remember, customers discover these deals through a variety of channels, so we find it better to let you guys sort the lists with your wallets rather than us trying to get creative...basically you guys as customers decide which of those games will be displayed first.

EA is still working on a programmatic fix to allow older legacy games to be activated on Origin. Mass Effect may not have been added yet, there is a link in the OP to the page describing this.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

*sniff, sniff* Tony, I'm not crying...I said I'm not...oh whatever, The Witcher 2 for $14.99 is AWESOME! Wohooo!!!
Thanks Tony.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just did, and I forwarded it over to the guys I work with at EA. I'm 99% certain that the chat rep you spoke to was mistaken though and that ME 1 will not register on Origin yet, regardless of the key you have.

All of our keys come in the same batch from EA, so the more probable scenario is that they haven't added ME1 to the list of games that activate on Origin yet.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

gonna have to disagree, i bought mass effect 1 on steam and it imported just fine into origin.

Before I go through the trouble of asking Amazon support if they'll let me upgrade my ME2 (bought it a day before the recent sale) to the deluxe version, do the extra weapons/etc. in the deluxe change the gameplay that much? The artwork or soundtrack isn't that important to me.

thanks

also was looking for bioshock (waited too long and missed that) but found C&C tiberian twilight for $5 in case you care. reviews are poor - still it's C&C if only in name.

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Conqu...VGZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329513397&sr=8-1

I don't see why you can't add Mass Effect keys to Origin. Unless Amazon is selling a different form of key compared to the keys Steam had back then. A while back, I was told to talk to EA chat, but they require me to have a POGO account before they can add my ME (during the chat, they said they will be happy to add ME1 to my account, btw). However, I didn't want to create a POGO account, and told them I didn't want to do it anymore.

I then found a link (I think its the same link Nogib posted) where I insert my key, and then my Origin login information, and voila, it appeared in my Origin client.

[quote name='randomdud']I managed to register my copy of ME 1 and 2 on Origin through the links in a previous post. How do you activate the free Bring down the sky DLC? I found this page: http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/galacticcodex/bringdownthesky_pc.html but the links are all broken.[/QUOTE]

The DL links work, but it seems you can register to get a key. However, I found this...

If you don't already have one, you will need to contact EA Support to get a CD key for Bring Down the Sky. The previous way to get a CD Key relied on the old Bioware forums which have been taken down.

Source

Was able to get my Mass Effect 1 to register on Origin after chatting with the Origin rep. Had to make a Pogo account for the rep to activate it on Origin.

[quote name='TheDragonAce']Was able to get my Mass Effect 1 to register on Origin after chatting with the Origin rep. Had to make a Pogo account for the rep to activate it on Origin.[/QUOTE]

No go for Mass Effect activation on Origin. I IM'd with Brandie via Origin's live chat and she simply said it was an invalid key. I then mentioned that last time this happened with one of my Amazon keys one of the Origin reps did some magic to get it to work. So I was just making sure before I contact Amazon..

She just replied again that it was an invalid key. You know...with as much trouble as Origin has had with these slightly older games, you think ALL their staff would get the message on how to handle this issue. We either have Origin management not officially addressing this issue or some Origin staff not reading the memo. :(

[EDIT]
To give Origin some credit, the first time I called for registration issues (Crysis I think) , I was happy with the experience and had my download started quickly. :D
So far it is 50/50 for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back