Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey tony, let me send u $5 paypal and get me the sega 48 game pack for steam when it is out.

That is actually an extremely helpful link!

But now I am confused...apart from my expected 90 dollars if gift card balance...it says I also have 45 dollars in software/games for some reason lol. Not sure what that is for or what it can be used for (unless that is my predicted EC credit and such). Mind Blown atm.
No, shouldn't be the EC credits. I really wish amazon showed you a breakdown of credits, but those credits are typically things like a free indie game you got for buying games last year, or a discount on premium packs for ftp games.

PSA: Last Day to get EC coupons

If you care about EC coupons you should check your Amazon purchase history for (non-free) PCDD game/dlc purchases between 21 Nov and today.  Count them.  This is the number of EC you should receive.  Amazon's credit balances system is opaque, so you're going to need to track EC yourself.

If you don't feel that you have enough EC, you might consider some additional game/dlc purchases today to boost it to a number you're happy with.

(Last year I had ~20, which worked out perfectly for me.  You need to decide how many you want on your own.)

I don't think we're going to hear back from anyone else today or tomorrow, it's NYE and NY Day.

Also, I'll be completely out of pocket after ~3PM PST today and most of the day tomorrow, just an FYI

Cheers,

Tony
Hey Tony... have a safe and happy new year. Thanks for a fun 2013 in the game-dealing world.

Feel free to tell the Amazon back office to have a few drinks on us while they adjust pricing on DVGs ... that can be tedious work and any slips of the fingers could easily be forgiven... haha. :)

You must activate it on another account, you won't get new activation key if you activate on same account, but I don't think Steam prevents you using any retail key you want.
The key the Amazon gives you is a Steam key though, right? Is that the same key that you activate to their DRM system or a different one? It's honestly been so long since I messed with that game and I bought it before they put the 3rd party DRM nice on the Steam page so it was an unpleasant surprise.

So you're saying use the same install old key on Steam but then make a new Spectromancer account and activate the hypothetical new Steam key Amazon gives you not to Steam but to Spectromancer?

My head hurts.

The key the Amazon gives you is a Steam key though, right? Is that the same key that you activate to their DRM system or a different one? It's honestly been so long since I messed with that game and I bought it before they put the 3rd party DRM nice on the Steam page so it was an unpleasant surprise.

So you're saying use the same install old key on Steam but then make a new Spectromancer account and activate the hypothetical new Steam key Amazon gives you not to Steam but to Spectromancer?

My head hurts.
It's not possible to get new 3rd party key for the same Steam account. If you want another you would've to create new steam account to activate game to get another code for a game, even when Amazon gives you new steam key. (In theory they could just give new 3rd party key to use, instead of one you get from Steam)

tl;dr: 3rd party keys with limited activations are pita on Steam.

PSA: Last Day to get EC coupons

If you care about EC coupons you should check your Amazon purchase history for (non-free) PCDD game/dlc purchases between 21 Nov and today. Count them. This is the number of EC you should receive. Amazon's credit balances system is opaque, so you're going to need to track EC yourself.

If you don't feel that you have enough EC, you might consider some additional game/dlc purchases today to boost it to a number you're happy with.

(Last year I had ~20, which worked out perfectly for me. You need to decide how many you want on your own.)
The hunt is on for cheap DLC!

Lol, we pinged Sega on that again today.

Cheers,

Tony
See if you can get them to set you up properly with Rome 2 and Company of Heroes 2 DLC as well, Amazon's missing quite a bit. ;)

And if you're not going to be around, or busy rushing doing things, have a Happy New Year, Tony. Thanks for your tireless efforts in getting us some of the best deals. :)

45 minutes until xcom goes on sale (current vote 644 to 227) and I'm still waiting on my stupid trade-in credit to show up on my account. C'mon, Tony warehouse equivalent, get to it! 

This would be my personal EC wishlist (all pre-coupon prices)

Dust: An Elysian Tail $4.99 - $7.49
Tomb Raider - $7.49
Dead Space 3 Complete Pack $7.49 - $9.99
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger $4.99 - $7.49
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - $7.49 (Steam)
Prototype 2 $7.49
Enslaved $7.49
Castle of Illusion $4.99 - $7.49
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version $7.49 - $9.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara $4.99 - $7.49
Bioshock Infinite $7.49
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons $4.99 - $7.49

I hope some of it comes through and yes, i'm a CAG :/

This would be my personal EC wishlist (all pre-coupon prices)

Dust: An Elysian Tail $4.99 - $7.49
Tomb Raider - $7.49
Dead Space 3 Complete Pack $7.49 - $9.99
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger $4.99 - $7.49
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - $7.49 (Steam)
Prototype 2 $7.49
Enslaved $7.49
Castle of Illusion $4.99 - $7.49
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version $7.49 - $9.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara $4.99 - $7.49
Bioshock Infinite $7.49
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons $4.99 - $7.49

I hope some of it comes through and yes, i'm a CAG :/
Dust is on sale right now for $3.75 on the HumbleBundle store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/dust_anelysiantail_storefront

You guys got me paranoid about having enough credits, going to buy Stealth Bastard on GMG for $2 $1.60 (almost forgot to use 20% code!!) and pick up the DLC on Amazon.

Last year I had something like 15 of them, and only had one left over (and that was because I was waiting for that Paradox (?) pack to get restocked.)

I have 3, from Lego Marvel, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, and the Cthulu DLC for Magicka. Because someone in the house will play those.

Not even sure what I am hoping for in the EC list. I haven't played the freebies/cheapies I scored in 2011 yet, like Bioshock 1&2.

My EC wishlist (in no particular order and all games on Steam if possible):

1. Bioshock Infinite - This has been in a great sale all Xmas w/ the 3 pack but since a lot of folks already have 1+2 from previous sales, need it solo.  This one is definitely happening anyways, so woot for that!  I'll bite at $8.20 or w/e it was going to be post-coupon.

2. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Want to pick this up but since it's not a full-length game a la the regular Far Cry 3, I'm hoping for a cheap price.  Would throw a few bucks at it post-coupon.

3. Skyrim DLC - Want this pretty bad.  I have the base game so I really don't want to shell out for the Legendary edition, but the DLC never gets cheap enough to justify a purchase.  Dragonborn for 75% off recently was good, but I was too slow and missed it before keys ran out.  Looking for 75% off or more after coupon (preferably as a pack consisting of all 3 DLCs).

4. Outlast - I loved Amnesia, and this game looks like genuine nightmare fuel.  Somewhere around 5 bucks after coupon is fair IMO.

5.  Scribblenauts: Unmasked:  I got Unleashed in the recent Humble Bundle and liked it a lot more than I thought I would.  I wouldn't spend too much for it though.  It's fun but there's zero replayability (for me at least).  $2.50 post coupon would get me, but I don't think it'll go that low just yet.  :(

6.  Spec Ops: The Line:  Been eying this one for awhile.  Didn't get it last year b/c it was in a pack with something else that I already had (I forget if it was the first two Bioshocks or Darkness II or what).  Would bite on it if the price was right.  Maybe $3-4 post coupon?

7.  Witcher 2:  I don't have any real reason for this one other than it's been on my Steam wishlist for awhile.  Got the 1st one awhile back for cheap so I've been hesitant to bite on the second one for anything over 5 bucks.

8.  YDKJ Collection WITH STEAM KEYS would be pretty swell.  Same price as earlier in the sale would be ok.

9.  Command & Conquer 17 game thing for pretty cheap.  I like the looks of this but I dunno if I 'five dollars' like it.  Most of these games are so old as to be unplayable (to me at least, since there is no nostalgia factor at play).  Maybe $7.50 pre-coupon?

10-12.  Brothers: ToTS, Guacamelee, State of Decay and Stanley Parable.  I don't know much about these 4 games but I've heard positive things so I'd bite if the price was right (i.e. too cheap to resist).

Thanks for your hard work thus far.  Got about 9 games and 6 DLC's since the coupon thing started, so looking to make use of them.  Last year's EC ended up pretty decent, but most of the nice deals didn't show up until the last week.  Of the current list of EC stuff, only Bioshock jumps out at me.  That airplane game is cheap enough to justify checking out but I just don't think I'd play it.  Never really liked that genre of game.

How Caggy are you? Outlast is still currently $6.79 or whatever. Brothers has been $6 or less on pc and 360. Not to mention free on ps3 soon. Witcher 2 enhanced was $5 a few days ago. The prices you want have pretty much happened.

Thinking about it, these are games I'd grab with the credit if they were <$5, hopefully around $2.50 or free:

FC3

FC3: BD

C&C

Sleepy Dogs

Valdis Story

Skulls of the Shogun

Volgarr

Reaching on some of them, but I've bought most of the things I wanted already.
They don't even sell Valdis Story.

Also, I want a game called Sleepy Dogs.

How Caggy are you? Outlast is still currently $6.79 or whatever. Brothers has been $6 or less on pc and 360. Not to mention free on ps3 soon. Witcher 2 enhanced was $5 a few days ago. The prices you want have pretty much happened.
Looking for 5 or under for Outlast. I don't play on consoles, and I have some Amazon credit that I like to use. $6 for Brothers is too pricey to me for such a short game. $2.50 after coupon would be good for any of those last 4 games in my list. I was out of town over Christmas so I missed Witcher 2 I guess. I grabbed a bunch of other stuff but must have overlooked that one in Asheskitty's list.

A lot of those are games that have caught my eye but haven't had that je ne sais quoi that made me bite on them. For a cheap enough price and with EC coupons burning a hole in my virtual pocket, I'd take a gamble since most of those games have pretty good reviews from other CAGs.

My EC Wishlist for Santa Tony:

• Namco Bundle [PAC-MAN Championship Ed. DX+ AYCEE + Enslaved + Inversion or any other game] @ $9.99 after coupon (It doesnt matter)

Thats it.

Also I think there will be some good deals from Microsoft in that list.

It'd be nice of Amazon had countdowns for sales on their pages like, you know, normal digital game stores do.
Well they were about 30mins late so it pretty much was like any other normal digital game store. :booty:

I'm deleting my save and starting clean since Enemy Within is considered an add-in rather than and add-on. :joystick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back