Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
For EC, would love a good deal on Scribblenauts Unmasked.  Even better, would love a great deal on Injustice, but given the 50% off / $25 price we've seen recently, I don't think it'll get down to my $10-15 buy range.

Beyond that?  I'm not sure.  XCOM EW was floating on my list, now I have to decide if I want to bite at $10.  I loved the base game, but not sure I want to play through it again to get to the additional content.

Dear Amazon/Tony stop doing the same damn deals as the months and years before, how lazy can you be
I know, right? The Xcom:Enemy Within for $10 is the exact same sale we had last NYE. It's ridiculous. When you think about how Amazon sets the prices for all the items they sell, it's really hard to understand how they think it's okay to keep selling stuff at the same price instead of discounting things as they get older. What a letdown.

Theoretically, purchases until 1/31 23:59 PST qualify for the EC coupons, so still time to gamble and get some coupons?

Pizza  :drool:

PSA: Last Day to get EC coupons

If you care about EC coupons you should check your Amazon purchase history for (non-free) PCDD game/dlc purchases between 21 Nov and today. Count them. This is the number of EC you should receive. Amazon's credit balances system is opaque, so you're going to need to track EC yourself.

If you don't feel that you have enough EC, you might consider some additional game/dlc purchases today to boost it to a number you're happy with.

(Last year I had ~20, which worked out perfectly for me. You need to decide how many you want on your own.)
So far, looks like I got 13 purchases here.

EDIT:

Should I be worried?

13 is normally considered an unlucky number...

Wow, Pizza Dude is probably the worst game that I've played this whole year.

pizza-dude_640x480_screenshot_1.jpg
It has pizza, but does it have FAT RIDES and CHICKS ON BIKES? I think not.

As an aside, it seems like all the worst games on Amazon, including Bat Rats, are publisher by Strategy First. I'm not seeing a lot of strategy in them either.

Found a real gem on sale.

Jakarta Motorcross Challenge at 60 cents.

Features include:

• CHICKS' ON BIKES
  • FAT RIDES

In caps because caps makes it better.

Actual screenshot from the game as shown on Amazon's page:

51kFyKpebdL._SX385_.jpg

Can we get a Strategy First pack of all of their 50 cent games for 2.50 total on the EC list before coupon? The extra 2.50 carry-over can be a humble Tony tip for him to buy Paddington some chew toys.

during the last ec sale  in january i got:
max payne 3 $10
hotline miami free [glitch]
fable bundle $5
crusader kinkgs pack $5

this past month i got:
saints row 4 $10
dishonored brigmore witches $5
far cry 3 $7.50
7 cheap dlc

aww at least amazon gave us dragonborn @ $5

and bethesda offered dawnguard as a free update-2 months ago -mistake:p-if you had vanilla nstalled back then ,

check your data files you may have it

as for suggestions

xcom enemy within @ $10 after coupon- or if not in EC make it happen soon Tony :)

Brothers @ $3-4

Enslaved @ $5 after coupon

Lego Marvel Heroes @$7.50 after coupon

brigmore witches @66% off or better- -although the other dh dlc were already 66%off ,on july steam sale,so many grabbed them back then

and ask bethesda for a dlc sale @66-75% off individually-for dh + skyrim dlc

oh and Bioware points /dreaming
lol you are too fast Tony :p

now talk some sense into bethesda,

and ask EA for bioware points on amazon EC (the well known and prestigious event that will skyrocket sales, even without further discount :p)

that would make 2014 EC historical too :)

and forgot scribblenauts unmasked @$7.5 would be sweet

in a state of illogical panic i started doing some coupon hunting. i picked up the alien spidy/rochard dlc and 3 of the bit.trip games, quickly going from 2 coupons to 7. i have no idea what the EC games might even be. anyways, hope there'll be some good deals come the third.

Aw...tried to purchase EW but the order took a while to process and in the end it didn't work. Amazon tells me revise my payment method, did that but still nothing. No game, and nothing taken from CC. Weird, never had problems before :(

Aw...tried to purchase EW but the order took a while to process and in the end it didn't work. Amazon tells me revise my payment method, did that but still nothing. No game, and nothing taken from CC. Weird, never had problems before :(
EVbzEuE.jpg

sorry had to anyways try again or pm tony / use different card

Dear Amazon/Tony stop doing the same damn deals as the months and years before, how lazy can you be
Dear bizharr,

Then why don't you find other online shopping avenues to frequent and stop being an unappreciative douche? How lame, lazy, and ucansukdafacs-like can you be?

Deadpool removed from Steam. Better buy your copy from Amazon before it gets pulled :p
But I still want to foolishly hold out for it to hit the EC list ... even though that would require the publisher's approval ... which is apparently the conflict of why it was removed from the Steam store.

D'OH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back