Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the 15% off code only work once? I bought Scribblenaughts yesterday and used the code and was going to buy the Sonic bundle today but it said the code was not valid.

Just an observation here. The Drip Drip product key is the longest mutha****ing key in the history of video games. Seriously, it's 66 digits long. lol

Were the Sega packs supposed to be good through the end of the day today?  Or did they end at midnight last night?  Guess I saw the spreadsheet date of 07/12 and assumed they'd still be good today, but the Action pack is showing as unavailable. 

Were the Sega packs supposed to be good through the end of the day today? Or did they end at midnight last night? Guess I saw the spreadsheet date of 07/12 and assumed they'd still be good today, but the Action pack is showing as unavailable.
Someone accidentally pulled it down. It should be back up shortly, I just fixed it.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony,

I was hoping Amazon would price match Darksiders II, but it looks like it is no longer available digitally.

Any chance it will appear again?  (I've got an old Amazon coupon for it.)

I guess it was a premature sale. It was at 50% off for $15 when I first posted it.

To answer your question, it had 17 items with the extras over yours being: Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine™Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Adventure 2, SONIC ADVENTURE 2: BATTLE, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed: Metal Sonic & Outrun DLC
I am sure that was a price mistake, $15 for every sonic games on steam is insane price.

kicking myself for not buying some as gifts now.

I am sure that was a price mistake, $15 for every sonic games on steam is insane price.

kicking myself for not buying some as gifts now.
I think it's because many of the Sonic games are throw aways (Ex: Emulation, Sonic 4, etc) along with the fact you don't get extra copies. A lot of people already own several games in the collection.

It's time for me to make my daily post in request of CAG App. Bundle.   

I'd also like to bring up KoA Steam version again.  Still waiting on that.

Edit:  I also might be interested in FC3 on Amazon with Gooncave and Steam PM.  I wish the Steam version wasn't retaining value so darn well.

It's time for me to make my daily post in request of CAG App. Bundle.

I'd also like to bring up KoA Steam version again. Still waiting on that.

Edit: I also might be interested in FC3 on Amazon with Gooncave and Steam PM. I wish the Steam version wasn't retaining value so darn well.
1. No word on CAG App bundle yet.

2. No word from KOA Steam guys. The last conversation I had with them went like this:

Tony: "Hey! You guys own the rights for the Steam version of KOA, we'd really like to carry that version"

KOA guy: "I didn't realize the game was still on sale on Steam, I thought only EA was selling it"

Tony: "Nope! Here's a link to your game on sale, you should probably call someone and ask where the money from sales is going."

KOA guy: "Yeah we'll definitely do that, thanks for the heads up. Can you send over the information we need to get up for sale on Amazon?"

Tony: "Yeah, for sure, we have a promotion coming up that we'd love for you to be a part of too!"

KOA guy: "Sounds good, talk to you soon!"

About a week later the game went on promotion on Steam and I never heard back from anyone.

I think it's because many of the Sonic games are throw aways (Ex: Emulation, Sonic 4, etc) along with the fact you don't get extra copies. A lot of people already own several games in the collection.
Gotta ask, why is Sonic 4 a throwaway? I loved that game...

Cheers,

Tony

2. No word from KOA Steam guys. The last conversation I had with them went like this:

Tony: "Hey! You guys own the rights for the Steam version of KOA, we'd really like to carry that version"

KOA guy: "I didn't realize the game was still on sale on Steam, I thought only EA was selling it"

Tony: "Nope! Here's a link to your game on sale, you should probably call someone and ask where the money from sales is going."

KOA guy: "Yeah we'll definitely do that, thanks for the heads up. Can you send over the information we need to get up for sale on Amazon?"

Tony: "Yeah, for sure, we have a promotion coming up that we'd love for you to be a part of too!"

About a week later the game went on promotion on Steam and I never heard back from anyone.

Cheers,

Tony
Speaking of KOA, is there any chance at all that the DLC will ever go on sale? I picked up KOA off Amazon about a year and a half ago, before the DLC was offered, then later I managed to get Teeth of Naros for $5 using a $5-off promo code during a sale last year. I wanna get Legend of Dead Kel but paying $10 for it is out of the question considering the complete package of KOA has gone on sale for $10 and less than that at times. Do I really need to re-buy the whole thing just to get a deal on Legend of Dead Kel?

Cheers,

Tony
I would like to echo the desire for the CAG Appreciation Bundle. Pretty pretty please?? :bow:

Could you please match Just Cause (the first one)? It's 80% off which makes it $1.39 on Steam for about 42h from now on (belongs to the Just Cause 2 daily deal).

Tony I remember reading in the older threads that there was a system was place to price match steam sales. If that is still there do you know why there are a lot of things not matched automatically.

Funny enough KOA didn't get any kind of promotion on Steam this sale despite being a random daily a month or so ago.

Tony I remember reading in the older threads that there was a system was place to price match steam sales. If that is still there do you know why there are a lot of things not matched automatically.
Lol if I did I'd get it fixed :).

Whenever we have issues like this I file trouble tickets and ask the engineers to tell me what I broke.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony, did you contacted Sega about include missing Sonic games in that Amazon pack? I want to pick it but also want it includes Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Hey Tony,

Is there any chance of a PM on Strike Suit Zero? (sorry can't post links yet; it's $4.99 on steam; not a flash or a daily deal)

As a follow-up do you know if Amazon sells Strike Suit Zero DLC or Strike Suit Infinity? Can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Cheers,

Tony
The PC Metacritic of Episode 2 is 54/100.

It was badly received from both its fanbase and critics. The problem with Sonic 4 stems from poor gameplay that doesn't even come close to the classics sadly.

Sorry for going off topic ha ha.

Tony, redeemed Civilization V gold on steam that was purchased through Amazon and my account shows that it redeemed as Civ. V gold, but it did not redeem the wonders of the ancient world scenario pack that it should have come with.  Should I contact steam or amazon?

Hey Tony,

Is there any chance of a PM on Strike Suit Zero? (sorry can't post links yet; it's $4.99 on steam; not a flash or a daily deal)

As a follow-up do you know if Amazon sells Strike Suit Zero DLC or Strike Suit Infinity? Can't seem to find it. Thanks!
The PC Metacritic of Episode 2 is 54/100.

It was badly received from both its fanbase and critics. The problem with Sonic 4 stems from poor gameplay that doesn't even come close to the classics sadly.

Sorry for going off topic ha ha.
No worries, I asked :). I didn't realize it was reviewed so poorly (I stopped reading reviews a long time ago), like I said, I love the game lol.

Also, I think all the PMs mentioned in thread are in place now.

Cheers,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back