Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you could start a new thread: Serious game talk only - no opinions, memes, banter or :bs:
Nah. I'll just start buying games using other referral websites because it's getting too ridiculous to wade through this garbage. AbleGamers says thanks for the EC purchase not done through CAG.

Awesome!

I appreciate you posting mods and stuff for these older games to get them a bit more modern. :D
No problem, unfortunately SR1 is much better (sound and models) on the Dreamcast:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0WsS8R93_Y[/youtube]

and there's no texture pack for it, except this one ( http://www.nexusmods.com/soulreaver/mods/1/) but it's not that great in my opinion.

and SR2 is still stretched in widescreen mode.

edit.

If someone is playing SR1 on an ati/amd card, remove the file called atiumdag from the game folder. So you can enable the hardware acceleration.

I'm more bothered by the publishers not being willing to add more deals rather than not being able to spend my credits. I got some stuff at a discount and that's great. It's a real shame that we may not have this sale next year.

Burnout Paradise: Bonus Vehicles
So, is it worth getting the DLC for the new cars?

Is there any other new content besides cars here?

New events or anything?

I wish Big Surf Island was getting a PC port.
Something I always complain about but I'll say it again as a warning/FYI if anyone didn't know...

The time savers pack which unlocks all cars is part of this DLC, so don't activate the code until you're through with the single player campaign. Unlocking all of the cars is directly tied into the progression through the game and this DLC basically does it all for you.

I'm mad about it but for $2 I'm probably going to buy it and just wait to activate til I've unlocked all the cars on my own. I suppose it would still screw up future playthroughs... what a dumb move by EA.

Nah. I'll just start buying games using other referral websites because it's getting too ridiculous to wade through this garbage. AbleGamers says thanks for the EC purchase not done through CAG.
I'm confused as to what abelgamers has to do with anything.

I assume you have some sort of agenda, so please, spread your propergander.

I'm more bothered by the publishers not being willing to add more deals rather than not being able to spend my credits. I got some stuff at a discount and that's great. It's a real shame that we may not have this sale next year.
I'm still waiting for a Sleeping Dogs complete pack, or at least the base game...

Something I always complain about but I'll say it again as a warning/FYI if anyone didn't know...

The time savers pack which unlocks all cars is part of this DLC, so don't activate the code until you're through with the single player campaign. Unlocking all of the cars is directly tied into the progression through the game and this DLC basically does it all for you.

I'm mad about it but for $2 I'm probably going to buy it and just wait to activate til I've unlocked all the cars on my own. I suppose it would still screw up future playthroughs... what a dumb move by EA.
you can remove the non-dlcs cars by using this save:

https://mega.co.nz/#!Bh1n1BJY!aAHCZkWktlC53VJ6htKvlGJR6000TIDU2YvwdKfli9Y

Burnout Paradise: Bonus Vehicles

So, is it worth getting the DLC for the new cars?

Is there any other new content besides cars here?

New events or anything?

I wish Big Surf Island was getting a PC port.
here you go, a fanmade port of the whole island

http://burnouthints.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8225725-vanity-pack-2-0-0-beta-is-available-for-testing

Yeah, you mentioned it before Time Saver's Pack.

What I should ask, since I don't think I have before:

Are there 4 different Origin codes here?

Or is this just all one BIG code for all those DLC's here?

It's all one code, that's the whole problem. You can't get the cars without also getting the time saver cheat.

Yeah, there's 3 options.

1. Buy the DLC and activate it after you finished the game completely
2. Buy the DLC, activate it, and don't sign into your EA account until you're finished completing the game
3. Don't buy the DLC, and mod the save/game files so you can unlock the DLC without immediately unlocking every car

It's 1 code.

It's all one code, that's the whole problem. You can't get the cars without also getting the time saver cheat.
Oh, man - part of the fun of Burnout Paradise is FINDING the cars.

It should've been 4 separate codes - ugh.

If I could, I'd just not activate the Time Saver DLC.

Any idea if there a mod out there to disable Time Saver's Pack?

Hey there,

I've addressed this multiple times in thread but am happy to do so again. We've got a unique community here and we're not super excited about changing the things that the regulars (and myself) enjoy about this thread. As noted, and this shouldn't be taken as a "go away", there are lots of other places I post info to get less bantery information about what deals we're running, or to seek my support.

It sounds like you're more interested in less conversation and more of a deal feed, which is fine, this just likely isn't the community for you.

If you ever decide it is though, you're always welcome to participate. The memes, pictures, stories, opinions on games, etc. aren't going anywhere unless Cheapy emails me and tells me it needs to stop though.

For full context the last time Cheapy and I talked about it his feedback was that we're fine operating the way we are.

Cheers,
Tony

If only there was a place on the internet where we could just talk about the deals, that way we wouldn't have to wade through miles of opinions. A "deals forum", if you will.
This is a social club. Slickdeals does away with the touchy feely warm fuzzies shit.

Farewell / for charity.

I really wish more cheat DLC allowed you to selectively choose it... SR3 mostly got this right.

yes it calll ur derickc heehhe im sorry mysterd i to say that

No, there isn't. I listed all of the available options in my previous post.

I'll make another offer to use some of the extra coupons I have sitting around. Hit me up via PM if you want me to pick something up for you. I prefer amazon credit, but I am negotiable. 

Wait, what. Does that disable the DLC completely, or just make it so you have to unlock the DLC by playing the game yourself?

EDIT: The way you phrased that was confusing.. "remove the non-DLC cars" wat.
I checked that out and from what I could tell it's for people who didn't pay for the DLC. I don't know first hand, but that's how it looked.

It would be really great if someone who has already activated the DLC legitimately could try that save and see what it does.

Hey there,

I've addressed this multiple times in thread but am happy to do so again. We've got a unique community here and we're not super excited about changing the things that the regulars (and myself) enjoy about this thread. As noted, and this shouldn't be taken as a "go away", there are lots of other places I post info to get less bantery information about what deals we're running, or to seek my support.

It sounds like you're more interested in less conversation and more of a deal feed, which is fine, this just likely isn't the community for you.

If you ever decide it is though, you're always welcome to participate. The memes, pictures, stories, opinions on games, etc. aren't going anywhere unless Cheapy emails me and tells me it needs to stop though.

For full context the last time Cheapy and I talked about it his feedback was that we're fine operating the way we are.

Cheers,
Tony
Deal stuff is posted in the opening post and stuff that some of the regulars like Ashes always keep up to date - which Tony even links in the opening post. How can anyone miss this?

Also, I think opinions from regulars - and others that wanna join the party, for that matter - are important. That's especially true if a game's in one's opinion is good and for some reason is just not getting attention + sales it should. For example - I'm betting lately, people were thinking of skipping Marlow Briggs, until some of the regulars were mentioning that they actually liked it.

You mean the savegame? It's a premade savegame with only the dlcs cars unlocked
I think I misread your original post. You're sure this works with the DLC key activated? I think the DLC is enabled serverside, so when you sign in it activates it.. not sure if it would keep activating it every time you sign in.

I checked that out and from what I could tell it's for people who didn't pay for the DLC. I don't know first hand, but that's how it looked.

It would be really great if someone who has already activated the DLC legitimately could try that save and see what it does.
I guess I should try it out then, since I doubt we're gonna get confirmation from anyone else.. unless the pizza dude has tried it.

I think I misread your original post. You're sure this works with the DLC key activated? I think the DLC is enabled serverside, so when you sign in it activates it.. not sure if it would keep activating it every time you sign in.

I guess I should try it out then, since I doubt we're gonna get confirmation from anyone else.. unless the pizza dude has tried it.
I've never tried it vanilla because I wasn't able to use the dlcs cars with the vanity pack since I've never purchased it.

It should work with the vanilla game though.

I'm kinda giving up on ever seeing an amazon sale on the complete editions of Noire or GTA again, so does anyone want to trade my Max Payne 3 key for their Noire or GTA IV key?

I have both PC and consoles and still don't see the point in comparing free games with a paid service plan with sale pricing of other items from online retailers.
Lemme just preface a bit, realized I just kinda jumped out with that instead of explaining how I got to that.

2-3 years ago Amazon was getting its foothold for the PC digital games market. It's got that now but at the same time 2-3 years ago it was only really PC who had that digital market of awesome. PS+ hadn't really gotten crazy like it has now. When the market was just PC gaming it was easier because that had its own set of standards and rules over what digital games are like (see: steam sales).

Nowadays "steam sales" have been a lot more normal and guys like Amazon, GMG, or GamersGate (when glitching >__>) have all taken a chunk out of that on the PC side. Sony's taken a chunk out of what digital sales are on the console side. Amazon's now selling Sony's digital games too so they're somewhere in the middle of both now. The games being free is less "oh look at these free games! DO IT TOO" and more of "Sony's offering this for free, that for free, that for free. There are other discounts too but the freebies get the most attention. If this is what they can do, what kind of standard is the PC gaming group going to ride on?" It's comparing the services available, in a field that Amazon Digital now also takes.

(preface complete.)

Fast forward to the sale we're in the middle of, what problems do we know of? Publishers not being responsive, publishers not offering the best they could. Already said enough on Square for this but even Rockstar's guilty of this - LA Noire vanilla and not complete? GTA4 vanilla and not complete? It's fine to can the EC in its current form but whatever replaces it - and he's already said within this topic that he was looking into things that could - should probably account for the console owners too, especially as they'll be a part of the market now that Amazon Digital has the games. One of the things to account for there is what Sony's offerings are in the first place - if it was free on Sony's listing then why not have that in your pocket for whatever replacement it may be? Doesn't have to be free, especially with the differences involved (improvements to PC versions, different standards), but should be notable for both. Basically it's to take a look at Sony's offerings and realize that is also competition. So whatever replacement we get, it'd be nice if it also was competitive.

Nicer if it was something year-round but well, pretty sure Sony's got a tighter relationship with publishers than Amazon.

I've never tried it vanilla because I wasn't able to use the dlcs cars with the vanity pack since I've never purchased it.
It should work with the vanilla game though.
I just tried it, that method doesn't work. DLC (including the Time Savers Pack) still gets activated when you log in.

PS Plus I don't think ever gives us complete versions of games...because publishers want to make money somewhere... which is where the DLC comes in.  Same reason Rockstar is not doing complete versions of their games in those packs, because they want you to buy the DLC if you like it.  At some point you have to understand there is a business on the other side.  Not a charity just bending to our cheapskate demands.  

PS Plus I don't think ever gives us complete versions of games...because publishers want to make money somewhere... which is where the DLC comes in. Same reason Rockstar is not doing complete versions of their games in those packs, because they want you to buy the DLC if you like it. At some point you have to understand there is a business on the other side. Not a charity just bending to our cheapskate demands.
Generally that's the case for PS+, yeah, which makes it a nice avenue for amazon to take. The Rockstar bit is on the current sale though, which they've had the complete versions for regularly on amazon. You can look at Payne 3 as an example there - Payne 3 Complete, $2.50 post-EC. Alternatively you can go Payne 3/GTA4. Yet you can't go GTA4 Complete, something that has been on sale a number of times (ditto for LA Noire). What they offered here was good but they did hold back for it too.

Now if these magically pop up for the last few days, well okay. Just a notable case of even when we got something good this year there was something not quite right.

You might be waiting there until that DLC's sale ends. :p
no badd snakeybro slave and l sign up here lalst year cause how fun cag are and community not for deals cmon we like adult family fun we make fun of each other help each other up and snakey bro spank everyone and that why i love it here not other site where it is all bout deals and non-family fun just bland like mysterd talking bout drm

Generally that's the case for PS+, yeah, which makes it a nice avenue for amazon to take. The Rockstar bit is on the current sale though, which they've had the complete versions for regularly on amazon. You can look at Payne 3 as an example there - Payne 3 Complete, $2.50 post-EC. Alternatively you can go Payne 3/GTA4. Yet you can't go GTA4 Complete, something that has been on sale a number of times (ditto for LA Noire). What they offered here was good but they did hold back for it too.

Now if these magically pop up for the last few days, well okay. Just a notable case of even when we got something good this year there was something not quite right.
That is false regarding PS Plus. PS Plus gives you the same games people can pay for. The only caveat is that you can only access the game (that you received free via PS Plus membership) is by being a PS Plus member. Makes simple sense and you are getting games for free. Also, PS+ does sometimes allow the users to do a free trial (extended demo since it is 60 minutes of the full game) as an enticement to purchase the game outright.

That is false regarding PS Plus. PS Plus gives you the same games people can pay for. The only caveat is that you can only access the game (that you received free via PS Plus membership) is by being a PS Plus member. Makes simple sense and you are getting games for free. Also, PS+ does sometimes allow the users to do a free trial (extended demo since it is 60 minutes of the full game) as an enticement to purchase the game outright.
You're misunderstanding or maybe I was; it's not that PS+ is forcing the vanilla game on you but more that what they offer is just the vanilla game. You'll get Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, etc for free but not the DLC, which is where they'll get you. That was the point made there, I think. On that angle PC is absolutely in better shape and a pretty good angle to play. I didn't think about that one though if that's the case it's definitely gotta pop up more often too. Or come in separately more often.

And again, a lot of this is more of "hey, if you're gonna be ditching EC and replacing it with something else, remember the 2 month old major change because it's gonna matter."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back