Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
666 but ive been meaning to adjust the post per page for a while.. just been lazy, this may be the motivation I need since I have the standard answer.

Edit: Yep. Now its 200, and while I was at it I threw an avatar on 1.) It was on the same page, 2.) because it makes people happy,  and more people happy more E-Peen.

Well this sucks I didn't archive the ginput mod for San Andreas and now the site just shows a blank screen for some reason. Does anyone have the file and can either post a working link to it or pm me the file somehow?

page 1998

can't wait to get home from school, crack open some dunkaroos and play ocarina of time
and party like its 1998 ..

Ohh and page 666 for me too :)

Crap .. i got bumped to the top of 667 ... damn it .. I'm always late for the party.

WOOHOO .. first post of page 667 ...

There now I feel special again

I'm on page 400.

Almost done with Marlow Briggs. Really worth the 2.50, IMO. If it returns on the last day or whatever I definitely recommend picking it up.

Just realized that I have 2 EC coupons from purchasing 2 PS+ 12 month codes on Black Friday, now I need to decide what to get, probably already missed some good deals.

Just realized that I have 2 EC coupons from purchasing 2 PS+ 12 month codes on Black Friday, now I need to decide what to get, probably already missed some good deals.
wellll mostly one for steam a big bundle caall freyja bundle but theree is some good bundles left

you mean this thing? yeah i'm pretty stupid sure it's on there...
It not there because "Taking care of Business" Bundle was an old bundle and previously (ie last year) the game itself was not available on Steam (or Amazon).

Sensing unnecessary hostility here...Don't like it...buy the Hitman Collection on Steam...oh wait, the game is also not in "that" bundle too.

Tony,

is there a reason hitman contracts isn't part of the taking care of business bundle?

thanks
I would say it's because that bundle was created before Contracts was released on Steam. I imagine you could make your own "Taking Care of Even More Business" bundle by buying the "Taking Care of Business" bundle and Hitman Contracts together and pretending they're all one purchase ;)

I would say it's because that bundle was created before Contracts was released on Steam. You imagine you could make your own "Taking Care of Even More Business" bundle by buying the "Taking Care of Business" bundle and Hitman Contracts separately ;)
Or just buy Blood Money and maybe Absolution if you want the both old and "new" Hitman experience

I would say it's because that bundle was created before Contracts was released on Steam. I imagine you could make your own "Taking Care of Even More Business" bundle by buying the "Taking Care of Business" bundle and Hitman Contracts separately ;)
thanks guys,

I figured I'd ask Tony in case the answer ends up being something like - shoot didn't know we started carrying that, it'll be in there shortly or even damn it Enix - they screwed us ....

They're the two I have.
Same here. That $2.50 (with coupon) for Absolution is a pretty good deal if you already own Blood Money (which I do and only played about 1/3 before losing interest). Feel that there is little point in owning the rest as gameplay was improved in Blood Money compared to older titles and story in Hitman series is not compelling. The other games would just be there as backlog.

Same here. That $2.50 (with coupon) for Absolution is a pretty good deal if you already own Blood Money (which I do and only played about 1/3 before losing interest). Feel that there is little point in owning the rest as gameplay was improved in Blood Money compared to older titles and story in Hitman series is not compelling. The other games would just be there as backlog.
So ive only played the original hitman, and have decent backlog, I am just better off getting Absolution if I am interested in going that route with my ECs?

So ive only played the original hitman, and have decent backlog, I am just better off getting Absolution if I am interested in going that route with my ECs?
Did you enjoy the original Hitman gameplay, if so => get Blood Money and skip Absolution because its a different "Hitman" game

Did you NOT enjoy your time with Hitman but like the concept and feel that a different type of gameplay would fit your playstyle better or you prefer "prettier graphic" and "shoehorned-in story" => Get Absolution

Either case, most people agree that Blood Money is the "best" of the series. Absolution has mixed reviews. Not bad, but not great and "different" from the previous Hitmen.

So here's a dumb question... do the coupons work with Blood Money (making it OMG FREE!)?  I ask because while apparently it works with Derpalution it isn't actually on the Editor's Choice list (at least the list I go to via the link on page one of the thread).

So here's a dumb question... do the coupons work with Blood Money (making it OMG FREE!)? I ask because while apparently it works with Derpalution it isn't actually on the Editor's Choice list (at least the list I go to via the link on page one of the thread).
Nope.

So here's a dumb question... do the coupons work with Blood Money (making it OMG FREE!)? I ask because while apparently it works with Derpalution it isn't actually on the Editor's Choice list (at least the list I go to via the link on page one of the thread).
Hitman Absolution was a last update from Tony. They raised the based price so people could use it with coupon for $2.49.

Blood Money as far as I know doesn't work with Coupon.

Any chance the Hitman Triple Threat pack can go on sale and use coupons? I already have Absolution but want the others.

Well this sucks I didn't archive the ginput mod for San Andreas and now the site just shows a blank screen for some reason. Does anyone have the file and can either post a working link to it or pm me the file somehow?
Here's all the GInput files for all 3 games that were posted before. The zips include a complete copy of the html page they were downloaded from (the install notes and such):

GInput 0.3 (for GTA: San Andreas) https://mega.co.nz/#!XcEywTZC!d08K-0V2B4DKMpV9y1uwFQ7CkHEtQdcZ-FrNzZS5Gh0

GInput 1.02 (for GTA: III) https://mega.co.nz/#!bRMwEBoY!EFLGCmnOCHqtYJcUuUmC8TqK_5BPDm1k1gTY88oKGYw

GInput 1.02 (for GTA: Vice City) https://mega.co.nz/#!OJVFRZCY!Jg_3721KOmjQu3TF21b2hUNsYiZ_vB5m1rQwy6Y9Z5g

I would get it for the superior graphics, if anything.. But then again, I'd say that for any of the recent Square Enix games (Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Thief when it comes out)
Nixxes has been doing fantastic ports for Square Enix & Eidos w/ proper features - yeah, and then some! - in their PC versions of Tomb Raider 2013, Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (original version), TR: Anniversary, TR: Underworld, TR: Legend, etc etc.

They're also doing the Thief Reboot PC port.

You can see what they've ported here.

I actually never played the original Hitman: Codename 47.

I have played from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and on - all the way up to Hitman: Ab.

IMHO, I think Hitman 2: SIlent Assassin & Hitman: Blood Money are the best two games in the series. Those two games are just awesome. If you're looking for those "typical Hitman games" and missions that are just flat-out open to finish however you want to play and try to figure out one of the numerous ways to get through the mission - these games do those great. These are your typical Hitman type and style of games. No filler, just all killer.

Hitman: Absolution is pretty damn good, IMHO - but keep in mind, it's a bit different as it also tries to do MORE things than previous Hitman games ever did. It's also MUCH longer than your "typical Hitman games", as well. I think Absolution tells the best story by far, IMHO - and I think this is one of the reasons to play this, if you like good stories in your games; I certainly do, in most instances. If you're looking for your "typical Hitman games", designed like the previous ones - you're playing the wrong game; b/c it tries to do much more than that. Also, many levels are much more linear than ever before - giving it more of a Splinter Cell type of feeling. You're on the run, so a lot of missions do involve you namely "Getting out of the area." Also, you do have a mark + execute type of skill like SC: Conviction has, as well. And like Batman: Arkham games, on the lower difficulties - you can use your Intuition skill and see enemy's AI paths and whatnot in an X-Ray like mode. Also, the game does not take place in different exotic locations, globe-trotting over the world like the olders ones always did. Absolution mainly takes place in different locations and states all over the USA - so, you will see different parts of America. Though, you do only here and there have your typical Hitman missions, where the missions are quite open and you are free to knock off certain enemies any way you can in numerous ways - and then get the hell out of there; and those missions are awesome, mind you. Plus, you also have the Scoreboards and are always being scored and compared to the rest of the gamers in your country and the world.

I must also say this b/c Nixxes did the PC port - but Hitman: Absolution is graphically gorgeous. When I played it (X-Mas 2012) and got it for a X-Mas present, I was absolutely drooling. The game is technically stunning to look at. In Nixxes, I trust.

Hitman: Contracts is also pretty good - I've had that for years from Retail. Only thing - that game, I finished in like 5-6 hours or so, in my 1st run-through. It's kind of an odd duck, in a sense - it has a few brand new missions & a few old missions from Hitman games before it (Hitman: Codename 47 + Silent Assassin) that are redone and have added new ways to finish them. Yeah, and I'm NOT one to rush through my play-throughs - and it still felt kinda short. Still, it's pretty good, though - and definitely worth playing if you can get it on the cheap. Glad to see it FINALLY hit Steam, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back