Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there,

To address these questions, no, the credits aren't stackable, but you get a $5 credit towards NBA 2K14 for every 2K game purchased. Sorry for any inconvenience here :(.

Cheers,

Tony
So my credit is listed as $44.98. I got 3 e-mails today. One referred to a NBA 2k14 credit. Two others simply said I got a credit for a purchase and did not state what the credit was or what it applied to. Since each of those credits are $5 and this amount is not divisible by 5, I still am curious as to what credits I have gotten. Frankly, there should be a page that lists that for customer convenience.

So my credit is listed as $44.98. I got 3 e-mails today. One referred to a NBA 2k14 credit. Two others simply said I got a credit for a purchase and did not state what the credit was or what it applied to. Since each of those credits are $5 and this amount is not divisible by 5, I still am curious as to what credits I have gotten. Frankly, there should be a page that lists that for customer convenience.
where do we find our available credits?

I 100% agree with you regarding the need for a page to explain all this :(.

I'm not sure on the other, unnamed $5 credits, I've only backfilled 2K credits today.

Cheers,

Tony

In the past, that value has seemingly been comprised of any available F2P credits/promos/bonuses/etc that have accumulated. Mine has been over $200 a few times, but currently sits at $75 and change. Easiest thing is to just ignore that number. If you truly want to know your actual available promos/credits/whathaveyous, people have had prior success conversing with CS.

So my credit is listed as $44.98. I got 3 e-mails today. One referred to a NBA 2k14 credit. Two others simply said I got a credit for a purchase and did not state what the credit was or what it applied to.
Has your email client collapsed/combined (eg: hidden repeated content) the emails? I know Gmail does this, and I wouldn't be surprised if other providers/software does the same.

Has your email client collapsed/combined (eg: hidden repeated content) the emails? I know Gmail does this, and I wouldn't be surprised if other providers/software does the same.
No, I deleted 2 and got 2 more, just keep deleting them because Im really not gonna bother with NBA

That's a good point. My ever increasing backlog does make it easy for me to say "no" to a deal.

Especially since I can always look at prices and say, "Well, I'll just pull something out of the backlog."

Unless it's something I'm dying to play like Bioshock Infinite (great game) ASAP - yeah, probably "no."

And if it has been cheaper before or cheaper elsewhere when I check sites like "isthereanydeal", that's another way to get me to say "no."

I must admit, the Metro Pack for $20 is a good deal - but, my problem is a few things w/ it:

1. I own Metro 2033 already - that hurts the value of that pack for me.

2. Metro: LL Season Pass was NOT in there.

3. Metro: LL was 1 penny accidentally at BB - okay we won't try factor that insane mistake/glitch too much. ;)
i agree i would buy it if include season pass give the other stuff to friend keep rpk to mysellf but it was good deal if i didnt have it yet. and yeea 11 damn promotional creedits lol 11 2k stuff and lol eart biggest selection that is so true amazon is. im confused it say it not over until next sept. tho

Tony,

Thanks for the NBA 2K14 pre-order credit. Please tell 2K to remove Lebron James from the cover or I won't be able to purchase it.

Thank you,

Fox
I agree with this but I already have 6 or 7 of the previous ones on different game systems so I'll just wait till 2016 and pick NBA 2K14 up in the groupees bundle.

I'm not sure on the other, unnamed $5 credits, I've only backfilled 2K credits today.

Cheers,

Tony
T,

Can you confirm that 2k14 will be available oct 1? It had the same release date last year but got pushed back the week it was supposed to drop.

Yeah, I got a TON of 2K credits, and none of them are stackable, so... what am I going to do with the 20+ credits I have? :p 

hey Amazon guy... any pre order incentives planned for Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed or any other games for that matter?

Same question, just for Dark Souls 2....a bit down the line, I guess, but still interested.
Working on it :).

Edit: For more detail we have a meeting tomorrow to discuss next steps around a pre-order wide program.

Cheers,

Tony

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks for the response. I was curious as it can affect my purchasing decisions.

From what I can tell, it did not (though I do use Gmail). The text simply does not list what it was for. If it was 3 NBA codes, that still would not explain the credit (though it would perhaps if it includes FTP games).

Working on it :).

Edit: For more detail we have a meeting tomorrow to discuss next steps around a pre-order wide program.

Cheers,

Tony

your talking about incentives on every game available for pre-order for a limited time or from now on? and what kind of a time table are you guys looking at? before the release of fall games or sometime next year?

Lol, I'm backfilling LOTS of orders right now. If you haven't gotten your credit by tomorrow or the next day hit me up with an order ID.

Cheers,

Tony
Cool--I don't care about the credit since I don't want that game. I just thought maybe that bundle was missed and other people who bought it and DO want the credit were out there wishing they had one. :)

I agree with this but I already have 6 or 7 of the previous ones on different game systems so I'll just wait till 2016 and pick NBA 2K14 up in the groupees bundle.

LeBron-James-Smallest-Violin-Gif.gif

All I see from that 2k14 is "insert game features here"(PS3 & Xbox 360 only).

I just hope they add some features in Dynasty mode as that is the only one I want to play.

I can't believe I'm about to express this:

WE NEED LIVE BACK AND ON PC

Tony,

Thanks for the NBA 2K14 pre-order credit. Please tell 2K to remove Lebron James from the cover or I won't be able to purchase it.

Thank you,

Fox

-1-9.gif

oGyFx.gif

If they ever bring back Nba Live, Im sure it will not be available in pc. EA made their stance clear since the disastrous Nba Elite.

The only solace I got in 2k is their still releasing nba in pc even if it's cut down to the core and they dont give a f**k to patch it ever.

I hope sega or anyone will make a nba manager.

If they ever bring back Nba Live, Im sure it will not be available in pc. EA made their stance clear since the disastrous Nba Elite.

The only solace I got in 2k is their still releasing nba in pc even if it's cut down to the core and they dont give a f**k to patch it ever.

I hope sega or anyone will make a nba manager.

The PC version should be called NBA API 14 (modders, am I thinking of the right term? lol).

Let's just cut the bullshit.

You play to mod the game

On a rather irrelevant note, the thread title contains a typo: "$9 Scribblenauts". That one should be listed as $5.99 (or $6) as that's the current sale price. ;)

The last time I played an actual basketball video game was when Duke's own JJ Redick was on the cover of College Hoops 2K7. I took the Youngstown State Penguins to the national championship. Or was that the year I played as Bethune-Cookman? Shit. I can never remember.

NBA 2K1 ate up a large majority of my first two years of college. My trigger fingers were never steady enough to hit a FT with Shaq. Ever.

I already have batman arkham origins collector's edition pre ordered if I buy that wb creative pack will I be able to apply that 5 dollar credit towards it?
Probably not through the site--I'm not aware of anything that allows you to apply changes of that nature to existing orders, anyway. OTOH, if you were to contact customer support they could probably add the credit for you. Failing that, simply cancel your preorder and then place it again using the credit.

Does NBA 2K14 let you play as Larry Bird? How about Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
If they're not in there then they will be. Maybe by the end of release day.

There's a quirky mob of 2K modders who work on refining scrubs' appearances more than the cleaning ladies at everyone's favorite primary doc's office (the ER). Hardcore mahfuckers.

If there's something you want modded in, just ask.

The last time I played an actual basketball video game was when Duke's own JJ Redick was on the cover of College Hoops 2K7. I took the Youngstown State Penguins to the national championship. Or was that the year I played as Bethune-Cookman? Shit. I can never remember.

NBA 2K1 ate up a large majority of my first two years of college. My trigger fingers were never steady enough to hit a FT with Shaq. Ever.
:rofl: Which difficulty did you play? I remember people who preferred Live merely because of the "normal" FTs.

Memories.... I needed that Dreamcast when I saw the demos of 2K running at Walmart, and Iverson's Thug Life-ness sealed the deal.

2K may be neglecting the pc basketball titles, but at least the games are significantly different year from year - unlike EA.
By different you mean taking out a nice feature and putting a cash shop instead or that dumb flopping feature..

I used to like 2k bball when their still competing with EA. But after that Nba Elite disaster, 2k got complacent and greedy.

And I can only see myself playing a nba game in pc unless you can mod the console version. Just look at those cyberfaces/arena the modders make and compare it to those done by "professionals".

Anyway, ever since 2k didnt even give a damn patching the pc version, I will wait until 2k14 is @ $5 or below.

:rofl: Which difficulty did you play? I remember people who preferred Live merely because of the "normal" FTs.

Memories.... I needed that Dreamcast when I saw the demos of 2K running at Walmart, and Iverson's Thug Life-ness sealed the deal.
I want to say we played on Pro (I think that's what it was called).

We had somewhere between 5 and 8 guys playing, depending on the night.

Everyone would throw in a 5 spot, winner take all tourney. Computer wins? Money stays in the kitty until the next tourney.

Names went in a hat, and that decided the order for team selection.

After we all got pretty damn good, we mixed it up and just put the team names in a hat. Play as who you drew.

Ah, the good ole days.

If they're not in there then they will be. Maybe by the end of release day.

There's a quirky mob of 2K modders who work on refining scrubs' appearances more than the cleaning ladies at everyone's favorite primary doc's office (the ER). Hardcore mahfuckers.

If there's something you want modded in, just ask.
Ha! I was only joking, but that's pretty awesome.

I meant that the control scheme is different this year, so at least they are making gameplay alterations.

All the Fifas, Maddens, etc... feel the same

I want to say we played on Pro (I think that's what it was called).

We had somewhere between 5 and 8 guys playing, depending on the night.

Everyone would throw in a 5 spot, winner take all tourney. Computer wins? Money stays in the kitty until the next tourney.

Names went in a hat, and that decided the order for team selection.

After we all got pretty damn good, we mixed it up and just put the team names in a hat. Play as who you drew.

Ah, the good ole days.

Young people may never again experience the thrill of fist-fighting their friend's friend in a neutral living room because of a lucky 3 at MSG and ill-natured trash-talking.

This culture is fucked.

Young people may never again experience the thrill of fist-fighting their friend's friend in a neutral living room because of a lucky 3 and ill-natured trash-talking.

This culture is fucked.
It's almost like you saw that beer bottle spill onto the stereo after the kid they called Chip got shoved into it.

ToeKnee, I know A to da Z doesn't match GMG's prices, but 2K14 is $22.49 there and I'm trying to rationalize using the AZ 2K coupon instead.

Any other incentives coming within the next few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back