Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, the Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon bundles are not Steam codes, but Ubisoft Uplay codes. Far Cry 3 by itself is redeemable on Steam.

sunasun said:
Send me $25 paypal and a sase and specify whether you want to subscribe to S.L.U.T or S.H.I.T. in pencil on an index card.

Must be pencil, so I can erase them and resell the index cards. ;)
Or maybe you are no longer relevant to this thread.
Also,
thumbs-down-smiley.png

Crying-Baby-001.jpg

on the rung thing, wouldn't it be the 9th rung since rope floats, already have those games or about to acquire them through happy hour.

MIND LINK said:
That baby needs a tan and some holy water. This must be Dr. Abe's zombie offspring.
lmao

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
Ok, everything is taken, here's the answer if anyones still curious: [customspoiler="Which rung?"]The water is still at the 9th rung, as the boat the ladder is hanging from rises with the water.[/customspoiler]

I also just wanted to apologize to those that PM'd me about some of the games I dropped earlier, as CAG didn't give me a notification for the PM so I didn't see it before I fed the lurkers. I will be sure to check my full inbox now first!
I had the right answer. Where's my Bioshock: Infinite? You even quoted my post. ;)
getting loopy with no sales, just gonna wait for the humble 2k bundle, bunch of codes for stuff I already have incoming soon.

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
So apparently the key listed as Painkiller Overdose was actually [customspoiler="Star Ruler"]2F7R3-P3QP6-X9NFY[/customspoiler] , sorry about that Ezelkow.

Oh, and just to continue to tick off people that hate free stuff, I'd love to pass these on to some CAGs:

• Gorky 17
  • Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse
  • Star Wolves 3: Civil War
  • Glowfish
All you have to do is help me out with this problem:

You have four horses, all of which travel at different speeds. In traveling form point A to point B, these horses take one, two, four, and six hours respectively.
One day, you decide to move all your horses from point A to point B. However, you can only move a maximum of two horses at a time, and you need to ride a horse back to point A each time you return to move your other horses. Knowing you can only move as fast as the slowest horse you're traveling with, what's the fewest number of hours it will take to complete your move?

PM me the answer and quote this so I'm sure to see it (CAG hasn't been giving me PM notifications consistently). Also send some good vibes to LM, as some of these keys are from him ^_^
The answer is whatever point that has the group of large breasted women.

Anyone else forced to put in their credit info each time they buy a game from ADVG? I don't know why it started doing this when I never had to keep doing this for games that weren't DLC.
every single time lately for me too. Its been really annoying actually. I'd love to be able to just have a single invoice for multiple purchases but its add and buy, not add to cart. Not sure if its a glitch or if just clearing browser cache etc might fix it.

anyway... Any word on this weeks deal? Super secret bundle preempting black Friday sales?

Apparently no one wanted to suk da fac of these:

Trainz Simulator 12 | Steam Key: 7KWTC-ITXR2-NGNHY 

Rig 'n' Roll | Steam Key: XH9NZ-L0NY9-X29WW 

I hope a lurker's life is enriched by this drop.  Go in peace.  

A wild Star Wolf appeared!

Used[customspoiler="Code Drop"]
Star Wolves 3: The Civil War
B8C3I-5RK4I-FVRTZ
3J8BR-KV5QD-VEGIH
0RDDA-VDPK3-K3933[/customspoiler]

Is it effective?

Hey guys,

I'll be going through and responding to the weekend posts today/tomorrow.

Question though. Do we have enough PlayStation 4 and Vita folks in here to do a giveaway?

I've got about 30 codes for stuff to giveaway but wanted to give you guys first shot before I head over to the PS thread.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys,
Question though. Do we have enough PlayStation 4 and Vita folks in here to do a giveaway?

I've got about 30 codes for stuff to giveaway but wanted to give you guys first shot before I head over to the PS thread.
Cheers,
Tony
I have a Vita.. so I would say yes ;). I don't plan on getting a PS4 until next year.

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony
I'm planning to buy a Vita come BF from Amazon, if that counts :p

Speaking of giveaways, some take this before anyone sees me with it: [customspoiler='dirty zombie fiction']Ravaged - 3IHP3-MNM3M-AH8GW[/customspoiler]

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony
Just got my PS4 from Amazon on Friday (luckily mine has zero issues so far). I've been playing around with it all weekend shamelessly. All fun and no complaints here. A giveaway huh? That sounds downright awesome ;) .

Tempted to get a Vita down the road to take advantage of the remote play features w/ the PS4. Looks very worthwhile.

Speaking of giveaways, some take this before anyone sees me with it: [customspoiler='dirty zombie fiction']Ravaged - 3IHP3-MNM3M-AH8GW[/customspoiler]
Thanks, I actually managed to get this before the lurkers even after spending almost five minutes making sure I don't already have it (and without solving any puzzles either!) I gotta start dropping some of my dupes as well - once I figure out what I actually have...

Awesome, sounds like there's enough interest.

PM me for one of the following:

Injustice Ultimate Edition (Vita)

Injustice Ultimate Edition (PS4)

Knack

Note, the first 8 people to hit me up about Killzone will get the base game + season pass.

Cheers,

Tony

snip
Thanks so much, Tony! I'm a big fan of fighters :D I'm actually saving up for the PC Steam version of Injustice as well and looking to pick up the season pass for Killer Instinct :whee:

Here's a random video of me playing with Haunts and Combofiend on SFxT. His reaction always makes me laugh -

Link

Yea i love fighters, i been playing them since i was around 5 XD...got competitive for a while too but yea INJUStice for vita sounds awesome
Haha that reminds me, I remember back when all of our cousins were getting Street Fighter 2 (Turbo?) and talking about it in front of all the adults during a family get together, my brothers and I were jealous and our parents could see that. So they thought of surprising us with a copy.

Christmas came and lo and behold - We received a copy...of World Heroes 2 :rofl: We didn't want to say anything because it's the thought and spirit of the gift that mattered so we went with it and tried out this foreign game. Best mistake ever. The game was incredibly fun and we played it for many years together. We did end up getting a real copy of SF2 later in 1994(?) thanks to my oldest brother.

If you're still having trouble getting rid of those ps4 injustice codes. I know someone who can put it to use 😉.

Really tho thanks a ton for the codes myself and others already have. Great way to kick off the psn amazon page.

Injustice Ultimate Edition (Vita)

Injustice Ultimate Edition (PS4)

Knack

Note, the first 8 people to hit me up about Killzone will get the base game + season pass.

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks for Injustice Tony.

Heyo,

Thanks for all the kind words folks, giveaway is officially over :). Hope everyone enjoys their games!

Cheers,

Tony
It was fantastic, thanks again!

Speaking of PSN...any idea if they'll be expanding the selection list soonish? I'm sure the new games you've got on there now are where a lot of the purchases will come from, but there's a lot of cheap bastards like we have here that are more interested in the older, cheaper titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back