Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tebow and Abe Simpson both preoccupied w/the spanky...Abe Simpson and drabelincoln both have Abe in their names...motoki and Abe Simpson both like to enter a place and leave it immediately.

There's something weird going on here, but what is it? WHAT IS IT?
theey are under ur queen sasha ggrey spell they slave to u and her heh

Cant buy far cry 3 for steam :(

Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.

Thanks, Tony.. for making the $5 Inversion deal happen again (I've been waiting a couple months to buy that). Might bite on Max Payne 3 Complete for $6.99, haven't decided yet.. I bet it'll be part of the coupon promo in January. Saint's Row 4 for $15 is nice, but I'll wait until it's HB'd or dirt cheap lol.

EDIT: Lego Heroes Pack looks pretty good too, $15 for Harry Potter 5-7, Batman 2, and LotR. Not sure if that's been cheaper.

EDIT 2: Also looking to buy the Sacred Citadel DLC.. $1.25 is pretty good for that.

EDIT 3: The Codemasters Action Pack for $9.49 is the lowest it's been, I think.. and the Bully/Manhunt + Manyhunt/Manhunt 2 packs for $4.99 aren't bad if you don't have them already.

He sent out the spreadsheet ;)

Thanks, Tony.. for making the $5 Inversion deal happen again (I've been waiting a couple months to buy that). Might bite on Max Payne 3 Complete for $6.99, haven't decided yet.. I bet it'll be part of the coupon promo in January. Saint's Row 4 for $15 is nice, but I'll wait until it's HB'd or dirt cheap lol.

EDIT: Lego Heroes Pack looks pretty good too, $15 for Harry Potter 5-7, Batman 2, and LotR. Not sure if that's been cheaper.

He sent out the spreadsheet ;)
Give me the fucking spreadsheet 8-[

LEGO Pack and Sonic Pack for me so far. I know the sonic pack is slightly less than 50% off, and considerably more expensive than the steam glitch sale, But I need to play some classic Sonic, and amazon bux cost me less than steam bux do thanks to trades.

My wallet is going to die a sad, miserable joyous death in the next month or so.

That lego pack looks tasty

Edit: That Mp3/La Noire bundle is a really good deal. Already have La Noire, though

I go away and everyone is talking about a spreadsheet and Sasha Grey...

Is any of that action still going on or is Tony fleeing in terror?

My wallet is going to die a sad, miserable joyous death in the next month or so.

That lego pack looks tasty

Edit: That Mp3/La Noire bundle is a really good deal. Already have La Noire, though
me see 3 shit payday 2 4 pack who hosting and metro last light with my amazon gift card making it 10 cents or none depending and finish my medal of honor

I go away and everyone is talking about a spreadsheet and Sasha Grey...

Is any of that action still going on or is Tony fleeing in terror?
yes it avg at best activison is the worst sale still the old news. lots of 75% off sale for di riptide and dlc street fighter x-teeken for some shit. not much cant wait for winter haha

I don't suppose there's any more LEGO pack(s)? I'm holding out for one that doesn't include LOTR as I already have it. It's the only LEGO one I have actually.
That's the only good one. There's a Lego Batman pack for $11.49, but that obviously isn't anywhere near as good.

Thanks for the SS, Tony!

Just did a quick scan before heading to bed, saw a few things I may nab. Magrunner is on that list, not sure about Seduce Me. Don't see Bioshock Infinite Season Pass which kinda makes me sad. My backlog may make me pass on SRIV, maybe. I was hoping for a better deal on BlOps and maybe a repeat of last years $9.99 WaW that I passed on. I'll have to scan in a little closer in the morning.

Thanks for the SS, Tony!

Just did a quick scan before heading to bed, saw a few things I may nab. Magrunner is on that list, not sure about Seduce Me. Don't see Bioshock Infinite Season Pass which kinda makes me sad. My backlog may make me pass on SRIV, maybe. I was hoping for a better deal on BlOps and maybe a repeat of last years $9.99 WaW that I passed on. I'll have to scan in a little closer in the morning.
me i see only three games i want nothing more one have to do 4pack the other one amazon gift card and one might buy plain out 75% off

Enslaved and Magrunner are no-brainers for me.  SR IV looks like it's going to hit the sweet spot.  Probably some of the Paradox DLC, maybe even Europa Universalis IV.  I may wait until the later holiday sales for that one though.

I'm also tempted by the LOTR Online Quad pack. (It's all through a Turbine account, isn't it?)

@TONY

I'm still waiting for that Spreadsheet!
Your version only has one game on it: Bad Rats.

It's a special build with multiple layers of DRM: Steam CEG, Tages, SolidShield, Securom, Starforce, GFWL, some proprietary stuff that also installs drivers that possibly screw with your machine, limited activations, etc.

But it's $0.25. You know you want it. ;)

Your version only has one game on it: Bad Rats.

It's a special build with multiple layers of DRM: Steam CEG, Tages, SolidShield, Securom, Starforce, GFWL, some proprietary stuff that also installs drivers that possibly screw with your machine, limited activations, etc.

But it's $0.25. You know you want it. ;)
lmafo haha poor mysterd karma got u.

travathian said:
tebow who?
tim-tebow-girlfriend.jpg

Tebow's the one with the small boobs.

Cheaplikeafox 3.0 said:
If Eli Manning didn't exist, I'd say Tebow was the worst QB to ever start an NFL game.
You couldn't be more wrong
Exhibit A
Matt "Fetal Position" Schaub
Matt-Schaub1.jpg

Exhibit B
David Carr
0f80444215a411e3b4bb12313d026649.jpg

Motoki said:
My Queen is Barbie.

Tony Y U No hav Bar-B gam 4 sTeem

(Seriously. I want it and I have $30 Amazon credit burning a hole in my virtual wallet)
My Queen is this Girl
coconut-queen_feature.jpg

tim-tebow-girlfriend.jpg

Tebow's the one with the small boobs. aka the onyl guy i nthe picture

You couldn't be more wrong
Exhibit A
Matt "Fetal Position" Schaub
Matt-Schaub1.jpg

Exhibit B
David Carr
0f80444215a411e3b4bb12313d026649.jpg

My Queen is this Girl
coconut-queen_feature.jpg
oh realy hehh sasha grey is queen of pasports

jenna haze is queen of mysterd

im still havent found mmy queen too many too choos not enough tim haha

mindlink queen is who yo?

mns queen is his food nuts

I'll be embedding the spreadsheet in the OP once I get to a proper PC with Excel.  It's big!

Should be a couple hours at most.  Thanks for your patience.  Let Tony get some sleep!

Tony,

The Amazon links to the pages to purchase the games/bundles appear to be broken.   Just thought you might need to know that to get it fixed.

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (amlink) isn't associated with any program."

I'll be embedding the spreadsheet in the OP once I get to a proper PC with Excel. It's big!

Should be a couple hours at most. Thanks for your patience. Let Tony get some sleep!
Only if sleep is 75% off or less. It should also come with a coupon that allows me to buy more sleep later at an even greater stackable discount. Don't forget to price match sleep with drowsyness and fatigue.

Awwww mann....the only Assassin's Creed game not on sale (besides 4) is 3 :(

I was dumb and missed it when it was like $12 a while back (think it was like $16 for the game+DLC). Im sure it'll pop up somewhere else though. Lots of other great deals so far.  

maybe price does not match with banner for bundle: Bully + MANHUNT + MANHUNT 2 + Midnight Club 2 [Online Game Code]

7.99 on banner and 10.99 on detail page

qhev7Kr.png

Awwww mann....the only Assassin's Creed game not on sale (besides 4) is 3 :(

I was dumb and missed it when it was like $12 a while back (think it was like $16 for the game+DLC). Im sure it'll pop up somewhere else though. Lots of other great deals so far.
It'll be $7.49 during this sale (Steam version too).

maybe price does not match with banner for bundle: Bully + MANHUNT + MANHUNT 2 + Midnight Club 2 [Online Game Code]

7.99 on banner and 10.99 on detail page

qhev7Kr.png
This is being fixed now.

Cheers,

Tony

oh realy hehh sasha grey is queen of pasports
jenna haze is queen of mysterd
im still havent found mmy queen too many too choos not enough tim haha
mindlink queen is who yo?
mns queen is his food nuts

Marry Queen? ;)

tim-tebow-girlfriend.jpg

Tebow's the one with the small boobs.

I don't know who that is standing next to Tebow in two of those pics, but the one in the bottom right is Lucy Pinder. She's not with Tebow...She's with me...And she's topless...Bitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back