Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it with the warnings on the bottom of commercials with stunts.

Doritos commercial where boy rides his dog to wrangle a bag of Doritos from his kid - Warning "Do Not Attempt"

Car commercial where a car rides up a wall and onto a train - Warning "Cars can not jump on trains"

Baby water skiing - Warning " Do Not Atempt. Professional Stunt Baby"

I just find it silly that these warnings need to be there. All to protect themselves from frivolous law suits.
You should check out this new website I stumbled across, it's called "youtube." As far as I can tell, its sole purpose is to document actual reasons those warnings are necessary.

Yeah .. then he will read this thread and see that some people think the DS keys where some sort of conspiracy theory. :p And his happy mood will be gone.
I thought that I had already clarified this: I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A CONSPIRACY.

I said that Dark Souls becoming unavailable looks suspicious (odd/strange/weird/mysterious) due to it happening so close to midnight PST (between 2330 and 0005.)

I thought that I had already clarified this: I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A CONSPIRACY.

I said that Dark Souls becoming unavailable looks suspicious (odd/strange/weird/mysterious) due to it happening so close to midnight PST (between 2330 and 0005.)
Dude . .seriously .. just relax a little there ... no need for the shouting.

I saw that a few pages ago .. was just being a smartass .. guess I forgot my sarcasm font. So I fixed up that post so no one else will make the mistake of not seeing the sarcasm :)

If you spend any real time in this thread you will know that we like to make cracks at each other and have fun. Nothing in this thread should EVER be taken seriously. Sorry if you missed the joke.

I saw that a few pages ago .. was just being a smartass .. guess I forgot my sarcasm font.

If you spend any real time in this thread you will know that we like to make cracks at each other and have fun. Nothing in this thread should EVER be taken seriously. Sorry if you missed the joke.
That is exactly what someone who is part of a conspiracy would say/want us to think...

I saw that a few pages ago .. was just being a smartass .. guess I forgot my sarcasm font. So I fixed up that post so no one else will make the mistake of not seeing the sarcasm :)

I take all of Tebow's spansky threats seriously. It's hard for me to leave my house, knowing he might be around the corner, waiting...

Yes, but who's asking? Why are they asking? Why do they suspect you?

enemy.jpg

Also:

Guys,

Putting this everywhere I can. At the rate we are going, we are going to run out of Dark Souls keys prior to the extended end date. If you want the game, I'd buy it asap.

Cheers,

Tony

Wiid maik mi perenoid 2.

Awww, too late for the giveaway. Thanks anyway neuro :)

Funny story: On 31st I was using my computer from bed, one coupon left, looking for LA Noire to buy it and *poof* fall asleep. When woke up, has been 1h since EC promo ended! fuck  If I was stay 1h more checking forum yesterday...

Awww, too late for the giveaway. Thanks anyway neuro :)Funny story: On 31st I was using my computer from bed, one coupon left, looking for LA Noire to buy it and *poof* fall asleep. When woke up, has been 1h since EC promo ended! fuck If I was stay 1h more checking forum yesterday...
I may have a solution for you should such a situation ever arise again...

Titlecard-Anti-Poof.jpg

Directions state to take one before and after every Amazon PCDD sale. Side effect may include but not be limited to a spanking, Amazon conspiracy, or just plain suspicion. If Spanking lasts more than four hours please seek medical attention immediately.

Weeeee the colors! 

Can anyone direct me to this Bethesda stuff coming up? I saw it written somewhere, but I don't see anything regarding a sale.

Hey Tony,

I bought Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Dark Crusade [Download] and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold [Download]  from Amazon January last year and I just got around to adding the key to my steam account today.  But the steam told me its an invalid key.. could you help me please?? 

Thanks!!

Hey Tony,

I bought Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Dark Crusade [Download] and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold [Download] from Amazon January last year and I just got around to adding the key to my steam account today. But the steam told me its an invalid key.. could you help me please??

Thanks!!
This always worries me. I wish these had expiration dates or something.

Hey Tony,

I bought Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Dark Crusade [Download] and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold [Download] from Amazon January last year and I just got around to adding the key to my steam account today. But the steam told me its an invalid key.. could you help me please??

Thanks!!
Did you try to contact Amazon CS first? They're top-notch at resolving key issues.

Edit: Nevermind... Travathian is right.

Hey Tony,

Thanks!!
yea i think bc of publisher change it prolly why invalid maybe ask tony pm him cause i think the only reason expired or invalid happen to when theromolpye give me it for friend didnt work so has to be reason publisher change kung fu us blames the court for thiss

The games in question are

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold

and

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Dark Crusade

Too bad if isn't steam key :(
Are those GFWL? If so there a chance they may eventually get updated to Steamworks and if that happens they should retro allow activation on the old CD keys to Steam. I know Bioshock 2 and the Batman games did this. Codemasters is talking about doing it for Dirt 3 now.

It all depends on what Sega wants to do with them once GFWL goes tits up for good. I'm not even sure they want to continue on with that IP but I assume so since they bought it from THQ. We probably won't know for sure until the summer since most publishers seem to be dragging their feet making announcements about the whole GFWL thing.

The other more immediate solution is you could plead ignorance to Amazon customer service and ask for a refund. Since it's not a Steam key they can probably tell if you haven't downloaded the game yet. Might be worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back