(Amazon PM'D) Killer is Dead (Xbox 360/ps3) $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @Gamestop

That's what I was led to believe too. With Amazon price matching this, it made more sense to go that route instead of paying sales tax at GameStop (plus no waste of time/fuel running to and from).
oh woah, i kind of skimmed through this thread to the end and didnt see that they had matched it. Thanks for posting this at the right time lol

CAGlist Missed Connections: Connecting CAGs and retail employees and only occasionally someone loses a kidney.
"Hey, are you a CAG?"

"What?"

"Cheap Ass Gamer. It's a website for game deals."

"...No."

"Never mind."

^^ I wanted to avoid one of these awkward exchanges, or I would've said something to him directly.

EDIT: To clarify, he mentioned he had just set aside a copy of Killer is Dead for himself, which is what made me suspect he might be a CAG. I guess without that little bit of info this is an even more awkward story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a drinker. I've never seen a non-LE "in the wild" as other CAGs are wont to say, but it doesn't mean they don't exist. I'll have to do a bit more research. Do you know the different SKU numbers by chance?
All of the GS stores around here were about 50/50 on day 1 based on what they had behind the counters. Have no idea on SKUs.

All of the GS stores around here were about 50/50 on day 1 based on what they had behind the counters. Have no idea on SKUs.
I appreciate the quick response. Option A is make the dreaded trip to GameStop to visually verify it's the LE; Option B is order from Amazon and cross fingers. I don't like to rely on luck, it's definitely worth the time and effort to get the LE contents for same price, so I'll probably go the Option A route.

I appreciate the quick response. Option A is make the dreaded trip to GameStop to visually verify it's the LE; Option B is order from Amazon and cross fingers. I don't like to rely on luck, it's definitely worth the time and effort to get the LE contents for same price, so I'll probably go the Option A route.
I wouldn't expect it from Amazon as it was a first run thing. It shows the picture of the LE for the second image on Amazon but if you read the description you'll see "Launch copies also include:whistle2: 80 page hardcover art book- Soundtrack CD containing 25 songs- The ‘Smooth Operator’ DLC pack- Additional "Episode 51" with the vampiric Sebastian".

I wouldn't expect it from Amazon as it was a first run thing. It shows the picture of the LE for the second image on Amazon but if you read the description you'll see "Launch copies also include:whistle2: 80 page hardcover art book- Soundtrack CD containing 25 songs- The ‘Smooth Operator’ DLC pack- Additional "Episode 51" with the vampiric Sebastian".
I ordered the 360 version not even a month ago from Amazon and received the LE. Other people did as well - both for the 360 and PS3. I don't think anybody has ever reported receiving a non-LE from Amazon.

on the product page, one of the questions and answers says that this IS the version with art book and soundtrack because it weighs more. I am not sure how up to date or reliable that section is though. Either way, it could be easily returned if the product info given is incorrect

I bought the game a few weeks ago for $15 and never opened it. Yesterday I took it back, re-bought it and got $10 back after using the coupon. Pretty nice $5 purchase. :)

Just picked up my GameStop copy few minutes ago and it was the limited edition. So as I mentioned before all copies made were in fact limited edition versions since I don't believe a vanilla copy was ever made

I really loved Lollipop Chainsaw, and I did watch my friend playing a bit of Killer is Dead. Yet I'm still torn on whether or not I want it right now. Price is one thing, but even now I'm being pickier about my buys :/

Amazon plus free shipping is a great deal. Thanks for the update, OP. Bought one online instead of going into shitty Gamestop to get a repackaged used game.

I'm thinking this is yet another situation where you see a massive amount of reprints coming in (IE Xenoblade, Metroid Trilogy, Dokapon Kingdom, Kingdom Hearts 3d etc)  I looked for the LE of this last week at 2 GameStops around me, neither had any copies left... Now doing a search on GS website they are in pretty much every store in 100 mile radius.  I THINK these will all be vanilla copies unless you get lucky and they still had an LE before the reprint.

I have to stop buying games at gamestop. Got this used as part of their buy 2 get 1 or whatever and of course a new one goes to $9.99. Haha from now on if i dont buy a game at launch im just gonna wait patiently. Thought $11.69 used was a good price... then new dropped to $14.99..... lol i wonder what gamestops return policy is regarding games bought on a buy 1 get 1?

Just picked up my GameStop copy few minutes ago and it was the limited edition. So as I mentioned before all copies made were in fact limited edition versions since I don't believe a vanilla copy was ever made
I've seen it with my own eyes? Maybe the real LE was the one that was game only.

Not bad at all.

Do the recent Amazon shipments still come with the limited edition? That would be a great deal for $10.

I placed an order. I have a shit load of Amazon credit, this might go back if It's not the LE or I might keep it. Decisions decisions. I got lucky with Dragon's Crown still having the artbook which I hope I can sell someday to get the game for free lol.

For what it's worth I enjoyed the game. The story makes absolutely no sense but the art style was unique and gameplay was (somewhat) solid. I like it more than Lollipop Chainsaw but not as much as I like Shadows of the Damned.

And it's dual audio if you care about it like I do.

Not bad at all.

Do the recent Amazon shipments still come with the limited edition? That would be a great deal for $10.

I placed an order. I have a shit load of Amazon credit, this might go back if It's not the LE or I might keep it. Decisions decisions. I got lucky with Dragon's Crown still having the artbook which I hope I can sell someday to get the game for free lol.
My recent Amazon order was the LE, as were those of other people here. Again, there doesn't seem to be a non-LE version out there.

Oh and I ended up with a gutted copy only to find out later the store down the road had a bunch of sealed copies still. :headache:

that would be like saying Zelda skyward sword without the soundtrack is the real LE
I didn't even know there was a soundtrack copy of SS until like a year ago.

The Gamestop in Capitola had at least 3, if not more in stock, all of them sealed Limited Editions. With the kongregate coupon I walked out paying just over five bucks. Couldn't be happier :)

Gamestop had the normal game case on display. I asked if they had le edition and clerk game me weird look and send he would look in the back.

He came back with the open le box, cd and book. I got the feeling he was just trying to sell the game by itself to some unsuspecting customer and keep bonus stuff for himself. I could see why people are thinking there is a non le edition now.

Also used that $5.00 coupon from that game download.

i got the limited edition only one at the gamestop i went to. the worker was like man if i would have know i would have got it when i came into work. but hell killer is dead and best of PSN Vol 1 for 13 and some change with the $5 off was nice

Amazon doesn't have this for a price match. I look at it now and it's back to $39.99. I guess I dont feel as bad now since i missed it anyway.

Amazon doesn't have this for a price match. I look at it now and it's back to $39.99. I guess I dont feel as bad now since i missed it anyway.
you looking the wrong place then. Cause I just checked just now to make sure it didn't change and it still showing $9.99 for both xbox and ps3 version

Look to the right under "more buying choices".

P.S. It's okay, you can admit to not knowing how to navigate Amazon, we won't laugh at you.

[quote name="Gamer SDP" post="11954557" timestamp="1406261061"]how's this $5 coupon work, is it universal/multiuse?[/quote] one time use.

Didn't have any in stock so I ordered one w/ free shipping from the warehouse. After putting the order through the clerk realized he couldn't add my $5 coupon because it's only good for in store purchases. Now the race is on to return/re-buy when it arrives before the coupon expires on the 3rd of next month. Should be good...

I have to stop buying games at gamestop. Got this used as part of their buy 2 get 1 or whatever and of course a new one goes to $9.99. Haha from now on if i dont buy a game at launch im just gonna wait patiently. Thought $11.69 used was a good price... then new dropped to $14.99..... lol i wonder what gamestops return policy is regarding games bought on a buy 1 get 1?
I think you could've bought it new if what you were trying to do is do the b2g1 promo. The guy who rang up my new copy told me to just come in next week with the receipt and buy a used game and then get another free. Seeing as how there's no indication on whether the copy's new or used on the receipt, it shouldn't matter. Not really sure what their return policy on b1g1 is though.

I almost want to buy it at this price point, but I hear so many bad things about it... it's a steal with the $5 Gamestop coupon though.

Took trips to two different Game$tops to find it a complete first run copy. Unfortunately, there were no sealed copies. The first store just had a regular Xbox 360 case, no cardboard box or extras. I went to the second one, and they had the carboard sleeve for the 360 version on the shelf filled with generic grey DVD cases. They didn't have a sealed one, but they had all the gutted goodies safely tucked in a drawer. The cardboard sleeve is kind of beaten up/roughed up on the edges, but it's not too bad to turn down for $5. At least the game inside was still sealed in manufacturer plastic with the Microsoft sticker over the opening.

I'm worried about this whole 1-3 weeks thing with amazon copies now. What if they exhausted all the limited copies and they end up sending regulars they get from the publisher? Luckily I found a sealed 360 copy at gs but I ordered a ps3 from amazon. Who knows.

bread's done
Back