(Amazon PM's Here) Best Buy Blue Sunday Video Game Deals: PS Vita $170, Tearaway $30, NFS: Rivals (360/PS3/PC) $40/$30 and More

I grabbed a vita.  Lol...woke up early for nothing, though.  The employee I know who was working there said the only people that actually came for the doorbusters came for the PS4 systems.  All the vita bundles...a whole pile of them...were still locked away by the register.

Btw, if anyone's looking for a screen protector for their new vita, Target has the Sony branded ones on clearance for $4.98.  Grabbed a pack but still trying to decide whether to use them or go without.

I grabbed a vita. Lol...woke up early for nothing, though. The employee I know who was working there said the only people that actually came for the doorbusters came for the PS4 systems. All the vita bundles...a whole pile of them...were still locked away by the register.

Btw, if anyone's looking for a screen protector for their new vita, Target has the Sony branded ones on clearance for $4.98. Grabbed a pack but still trying to decide whether to use them or go without.
I didn't see any mention of PS4's on the Best Buy doorbuster email ad. Is the PS4 restock being advertised on there? If not, I might just come in at opening because PS4's are hard to find right now in my area.

Btw, if anyone's looking for a screen protector for their new vita, Target has the Sony branded ones on clearance for $4.98. Grabbed a pack but still trying to decide whether to use them or go without.
They are actually pretty decent...hardly ever even notice mine is on.

Tearaway for $24 and free expited shipping...I'm in.

I didn't see any mention of PS4's on the Best Buy doorbuster email ad. Is the PS4 restock being advertised on there? If not, I might just come in at opening because PS4's are hard to find right now in my area.
Actually, I'm honestly not sure. I thought that was what the employee said...and I did see two people walking out of the store with what looked like sony boxes in their bags. I didn't see them in the ad, either, though. Maybe it was just a restock or something.

Well I took the plunge and grabbed a PS Vita @ Best Buy.  By the way, not sure if anyone else had the same issue but my Best Buy did not have the advertised bundle, or The Walking Dead bundle.  They only had stock PS Vitas which were ringing up to $169.99 as advertised but no 8 Gig memory card.  So what they ended up doing was price adjusting the PS Vita to $150 and an 8G memory card for $19.99 which rings up to the advertised price.   So if that's the case for you store make sure to point out they have to give you the memory card.

I say this because I noticed a lady buying the PS Vita right in front of me, and she didn't get any memory card.  Felt bad for the lady afterwards but I honestly didn't know if was buying a different bundle or what have you, so I didn't mention it.  

Got my 3gwifi bundle with 8gb mem card, tearaway and puppeteer! Employee said they only have 4 left. All the others were marked for black friday. He sidnt say whether the ones for black friday is different.

There were like 20 people in front of me when i arrived at 750am. Was nervous that everyone was getting a vita. Apparently all of them were for preordered ps4 which my store released coz they werent picked up. Hehe! So happy! Now to wait for black friday to see if there is a better deal on the vita before i crack open this baby.

I grabbed a vita. Lol...woke up early for nothing, though. The employee I know who was working there said the only people that actually came for the doorbusters came for the PS4 systems. All the vita bundles...a whole pile of them...were still locked away by the register.

depends if you believe the rumor, bestbuy is witholding stocks of ps4 ,and xbone for black friday, and the holiday season of decemeber

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/22/5133784/best-buy-you-wont-have-any-trouble-finding-a-ps4-or-xbox-one

Preordered ps4 that were not picked are officially saleable in stores starting today It wasnt in the ad coz its not really a restock. And i highly doubt youll find one in store now coz most people that bought it probably knew of the stock.

Went to Best Buy this morning to get a Vita. They bundled an 8GB memory card with the vanilla 3G/WiFi system no problem.

Also got one of those "starter packs" that was on clearance for $12. I usually don't buy into that crap because they tend to be overpriced for what they are but I wanted a pouch and the 4GB memory card would be good to have around for smaller games. It also comes with headphones and a lint-free cloth. I would never use the screen protector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh how do we get amazon to price match tearaway? Im sick atm so I cant go to best buy and get me a copy :(

Actually went back to Best Buy to grab Tearaway with my GCU discount.  I justified it to myself by considering it a test of my new system's game card slot and touchscreens.  Lol.

Boo, no free shipping for those without amazon prime, total ends up being $38. Completely defeats the purpose of the sale :( oh well, no tearaway for me then

Sorry amazon, you don't have 20% off gcu! Hehe! Bestbuy is really doing well!
Seriously. I think BBY might have actually stumbled onto how to counter Amazon matching everything. How worth it to them the program will be as a whole remains to be seen since it's definitely worthwhile, especially for those of us that have like three years of it for $30.

Anyone who has both Vita and 3ds care to chime in?

I had a PSP and I put a lot of time on it before trading it in when I stopped getting games (After God of War there was nothing interesting)

I have a Wii U and think that while a 3ds has interesting games, variety would be better.

Don't have GCU so I saved myself the trip to BBY and bought Tearaway on Amazon at its newly reduced price.

Seriously. I think BBY might have actually stumbled onto how to counter Amazon matching everything. How worth it to them the program will be as a whole remains to be seen since it's definitely worthwhile, especially for those of us that have like three years of it for $30.
i have not bought a new game from amazon for a little over a year. I only shop at their discount amazon warehouse for games.

Anyone who has both Vita and 3ds care to chime in?

I had a PSP and I put a lot of time on it before trading it in when I stopped getting games (After God of War there was nothing interesting)

I have a Wii U and think that while a 3ds has interesting games, variety would be better.
Entirely different range of games really. I have both and love both. The Vita seems to get more of the trying to be console level games at one end and indie PSN games at the other. Then the 3DS seems to fill in the space in between those extremes.

Entirely different range of games really. I have both and love both. The Vita seems to get more of the trying to be console level games at one end and indie PSN games at the other. Then the 3DS seems to fill in the space in between those extremes.

Thank you for that response.

This is a really good deal and while I think it would be worthwhile to jump in, I realize at this point that this is more of an impulse buy for me at this time.

Soul Sacrifice and Muramasa look really interesting though :D

Thank you for that response.

This is a really good deal and while I think it would be worthwhile to jump in, I realize at this point that this is more of an impulse buy for me at this time.

Soul Sacrifice and Muramasa look really interesting though :D
i personally will just wait till the eventual release of vita tv in north america in 2016?, to play those vita games. SInce i rarely have time for handle-held gaming.

So my best buy credit card got lost and im waiting for the new one in the mail. Anyway i can have in store look it up? Basically I want to do in store pickup on a vita but have no CC to show when they ask. Thanks!

Even though that sale isnt too bad, The reviews for need for speed rivals are very much so. Bazinga!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, I have a question. I got the walking dead ps3 version and Can't fu$%$%$% play because of lack of inverted Y axis.

What about the ps vita version? do you need that or everything is done by touching on the screen??? Should I buy the vita version or not considering I can't get used with the lack of inverted options???
ANYONE??? please :grouphug:

I bought Tearaway and Puppeteer. I'm slightly interested in R&C but I have a backlog subcategory dedicated just to R&C games so I will have to pass on that one for now ;).

In any case, it was $40 for the 2 after GCU. Looks like I might get 5 or 10% back from Discover too (not sure where the 15% I saw earlier comes from) depending on whether they stack their online promos.

My son wants NFS Rivals for the Xbox One. At this point the cheapest is $48 from Best Buy with GCU, right? I don't think I've seen the X1/PS4 versions as being part of any BF or related sale other than the $49 at Amazon and Walmart or whatever. Unfortunately GCU does not stack with price matches or I'd be all over that.
10% for best buy was in discover's announcement email. Must kick in after Black Friday :whistle2:(

Been looking for a Vita for a while now and don't know whether to jump on this Best Buy deal, wait for ebay's $149 deal and see if it's new with a memory card, or wait to see if the PS4/Vita bundle is real and hopefully has a price of $500.

Tearaway and Puppeteer for 30 bucks after the use of two reward certificates. It's very nice to see a good deal on Tearaway so soon after launch. 

Amazon now price matching Need for Speed Rivals PS3. $39.99. I don't have GCU, so this isn't bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Need-Speed-Rivals-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHZH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385316449&sr=8-1&keywords=need+for+speed+rivals+ps3

For some reason the 360 version is still full price as of 1:10 PM
I noticed this and am quite upset. Is there a way to get them to price match or do it just do it automatically? May have to wait for them to PM on the 360 version...

bread's done
Back