Amazon preorders for DSi now available (both colors, $169.99 shipped) ** BACK UP **

[quote name='gkrykewy']You will be able to walk into any store and pick up a Wii on launch day!!!1112[/quote]

You know what's funny? I went to pick up my pre-ordered Wii from Gamecrazy with no line and no one being interested in the system at all. Most people were more interested in the PS3 launch. Then, I get home, set up the Wii, and have everyone play. Suddenly, everyone couldn't care less about the PS3 launch and everyone wants a Wii (which, now, can't be found in stores). Funny how some things pan out.

I didn't have a Wii pre-ordered and had to go through hell to get it. Two weeks after launch I had to line up at Best Buy at 8am on a Sunday to get one.

And as for the new screen making games look worse, I doubt it. What do you think this is, a PSP-3000?

OH SNAP

[quote name='Taboner']Do I get charged right away? I might pre-order one just for fun.[/QUOTE]

No, charged when shipped.

I don't even know if I want this but I pre-ordered one anyways. I already have a fat and a Lite, do I really need a third DS??? Yeah I think I do......... *sigh* :wall:

Why no white? I have a black DS Lite and I love it, but I was hoping to get a different color DSi and I don't really like that shade of blue. Oh well, I don't exactly have a lot of disposable income right now anyway. Better to save my money for cheap games.

[quote name='silks']If you don't care about a GBA slot, definitely get the DSi. It has more memory than the Lite, a better screen, a couple of cameras, the ability to download content from an online store, some cool image maniuplation software, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes and it's region locked shit so what's the point? This is where I hate online. You better believe Nintendo is strictly enforcing the regions on this.
edit: Jeez it's for the DSi games too. Yeah it's official. I'm importing this and fuck you Nintendo.

I already have a black lite (and a silver phat) so I went for blue to keep it different. I'm interested in the screen size and DLC prospects.

Just ordered both colors... we'll see if I'm too lazy to dump one and end up with both of them!
transparent_pixel.gif

In for blue. Actually preordered on GameStop this morning, and then caught this (the no tax is a deal maker, and 1-day shipping from Amazon is about as much as 2-day on GameStop).

i wonder is the bootleg community will be as thrilling as with the lite. btw in for blue as it is possibly the most vile color i have come across in some time

Can someone fuck answer whether the bigger screen size on the DSi makes the games look worse than on the DS Lite?

[quote name='SimaYi']Can someone fuck answer whether the bigger screen size on the DSi makes the games look worse than on the DS Lite?[/quote]

LINK

It's 1/4" bigger. Same resolution don't think there's much difference.

Anyone else notice this paragraph on the order page? I don't remember seeing this yesterday.

"As you may know, the Nintendo DSi is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase a Nintendo DSi, we are limiting the total number of Nintendo DSi units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase three Nintendo DSi units. See additional policy details here."

So whats the consensus, these will be in short supply a demand a premium. I preordered 3, with the hope that the 2 I sell will pay for the 1 I keep.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Um, I want white.[/QUOTE]

Too bad. It ain't gonna happen. I want glossy white to match my Wii and DSlite. Either that or glossy black to match my PS3. These matte finishes are going to look real ugly real quick. I'm hoping that an invisible shield will look nice on them (I love how the invisible shield keeps the lite looking glossy, yet doesn't hold fingerprints like the DS finish does.... oh yeah, and it protects it from scratches too...).

[quote name='silks']I didn't have a Wii pre-ordered and had to go through hell to get it. Two weeks after launch I had to line up at Best Buy at 8am on a Sunday to get one.

And as for the new screen making games look worse, I doubt it. What do you think this is, a PSP-3000?

OH SNAP[/quote]

Heh... I didn't have a Wii pre-ordered either. ;) But I managed to get one on launch day just by heading over to the store maybe 30 min before they opened. I don't recall the games looking worse on the DSi, a friend of mine has one already.

[quote name='MorPhiend']These matte finishes are going to look real ugly real quick. [/quote]You mean worse than the glossy finish on the lite with fingerprints all over it? Matte is a much better choice and I think, aesthetically, it looks much better imo.

[quote name='silent h3ro']You mean worse than the glossy finish on the lite with fingerprints all over it? Matte is a much better choice and I think, aesthetically, it looks much better imo.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that picture that was just posted above me makes the DSi look much more attractive than the professional pictures widely available. Also, as you obviously ignored in my post that you partially quoted, I like the effect an invisible shield has on the lite. It keeps it shiny and doesn't hold fingerprints very well.

But yeah, iP's picture has me a little more excited for the look/texture/feel of the DSi than I was previously.

I pre-ordered a black. I've never been unhappy with a Nintendo upgrade (I skipped the micro) and my B-day is April 8th so there's my present to myself, always the best ones.

bread's done
Back