[Amazon] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition ($99.99)- PlayStation 3 Preorder is up

I thought these were supposed to be limited to 18,000. I keep seeing people mention that here, but they seem to keep releasing more.
Namco had some stock still, not sure why. I ordered not that long ago, number was one thousand something, they didn't release or make more at this point.

Maybe they have not sold all 18,000 yet? Just a thought.
Yeah, most likely due to credit card or billing issues. Pretty much everything that sells out pre-releases comes back in stock after release.

I'm still pissed that even though I ordered so early, I got such a high ass number. Seems like Namco's store kept the low numbers for themselves.

Yeah, most likely due to credit card or billing issues. Pretty much everything that sells out pre-releases comes back in stock after release.

I'm still pissed that even though I ordered so early, I got such a high ass number. Seems like Namco's store kept the low numbers for themselves.
This is why it would be nice if they found a way to sell via website only, no real reason to go to anyplace else as they would have sold out on their site alone. Could have sent out in order then instead of luck of the draw (or batch).

Just got my copy in from the namco store it's in great condition other than a small dent on the top left corner and a small dent in the back right corner. It just came in a slighty bigger box with no bubble wrap or anything as stated before. I'm happy though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered six back in October and they all came perfect. I don't know why people keep complaining about Amazon's shipping. I've never had anything come damaged.
People keep complaining because they have issues - why are you wasting space?

My Tales arrived with the shrinkwrap torn about 30% on the front from the way it was shipped (sliding around in the box).

My Tales arrived with the shrinkwrap torn about 30% on the front from the way it was shipped (sliding around in the box).
Well, the fact of the matter is, you're the minority, and the situation, and Amazon, are being completely misrepresented. I just got three more and no problems. It would be nice if people complimented as much as they complained...

Was the box at least undamaged?

My second CE arrived today in perfect condition, as least as far as I can see. This one is 2897/18000.

Now to sell off one of the two I have...

Mine came in from Amazon as well, undamaged. It was in a box with a lot of bubbles, but not enough. it could have easily fit 2 CEs. It's in the low 13000s.

My second CE arrived today in perfect condition, as least as far as I can see. This one is 2897/18000.

Now to sell off one of the two I have...
Why buy two, and why 'sell off'? If you were worried about getting a damaged one, just return one you don't want.

Well, the fact of the matter is, you're the minority, and the situation, and Amazon, are being completely misrepresented. I just got three more and no problems. It would be nice if people complimented as much as they complained...
Except compliments are a waste of space on a board like this. Complaints on the other hand provide vital information to other CAGs (for example, what remedies are available or whether they should place a back up order somewhere) and allow them to prepare for the contingency of getting a damaged item or dealing with the retailer on the basis of them not being the only one to receive the damaged item.

Why buy two, and why 'sell off'? If you were worried about getting a damaged one, just return one you don't want.
I bought a second one after seeing how much they were selling for in the Amazon marketplace and Amazon had them up to order again, and I was hoping to sell it to recoup some of the cost of the one I'm keeping.

Plus if I return one, Amazon won't fully refund me if my reason for returning it isn't due to some error on their part (e.g., no longer want the item).

I just thought maybe this would be worth a shot. Been trying to hold out and find a copy, but alas I think it's finally over. Anyway... I have a sealed collectors edition of bravely default. Wondering of anybody would be interested in an even trade? Just a shot.

I just thought maybe this would be worth a shot. Been trying to hold out and find a copy, but alas I think it's finally over. Anyway... I have a sealed collectors edition of bravely default. Wondering of anybody would be interested in an even trade? Just a shot.
(In what world is that an even trade?)

(In what world is that an even trade?)
Obviously in the world of the person that really wanted it and contacted me and is trading his collectors for mine. I know the original value of each, it was all I had and it was simply a shot in the dark and I ended up lucky. Good feedback on him too so I'm not really worried.

Amazon must be getting to the bottom of the pallet, I received a tales in the 200s today. I ordered on March 5th when it was still "temporarily unavailable."

Got my amazon order in on Tuesday it's numbered 16275/18000 it has some damage to it the wrapping has a few tears in it. The box has a crack and all corners are bent. The one I got from the namco store is numbered 01382/18000

I got the copy from amazon today, 709, but no where as good condition as the one i picked up from gamestop, the plastic is torn a bit and corner damage because of the bad packaging.

Got my 2 today! In addition to the one I got at gamestop, all 3 in near perfect condition. Only keeping 1 though since I ordered the extra 2 for friends, so wondering what I should keep? Is there some sort of extra value in keeping a lower number? One of mine is #999, which is cool I guess because of the game 999, I do have a lower number in the 300's though.

Got my 2 today! In addition to the one I got at gamestop, all 3 in near perfect condition. Only keeping 1 though since I ordered the extra 2 for friends, so wondering what I should keep? Is there some sort of extra value in keeping a lower number? One of mine is #999, which is cool I guess because of the game 999, I do have a lower number in the 300's though.
no, no one truly cares enough about the number to pay extra

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine. Looked at it briefly - looks to be mint except for what looked like a small tear by the cellophane edge. It may not have been. I just opened the box made sure it wasn't  crushed and put it back down. Either way - I may be up to trade (or maybe sell it). I kind of lost interest waiting for it.

so the ones I got from amazon backordered was under 400. They must have gotten left overs from namco as I know their early editions were in the thousands

so the ones I got from amazon backordered was under 400. They must have gotten left overs from namco as I know their early editions were in the thousands
Thousands? Try tens of thousands. I'm pretty sure everyone that had an early preorder from Amazon had 13,000+

I honestly don't care about which number I get unless it's 1-10 but I'd say you're right and Namco sent another shipment to Amazon othewrise they'd be sequential

no, no one truly cares enough about the number to pay extra
Actually that's not entirely true. Some buyer on eBay messaged me and asked if I had #250 or below. He was willing to pay the higher price I have mine listed for since I don't play the petty seller wars game lowering the price that just eats into my own profits. I remember selling my Uncharted art book for a higher than average amount because my journal was #40 or something. I think the total print was 250.

Point is you don't need #1 to be the more valuable one compared to the rest of the print run.

My amazon order finally arrived today and the box is a bit dented. If anyone is interested in a copy of the collectors, I'm willing to sell it at the same value + shipping + $5 gas. I'll be able to provide clear pictures.

I still have my extra copy, I don't care about recovering gas $$ anymore so I'm offering it up here.  $110+shipping via UPS ground (whatever it comes out to be) will take it.  PM if interested, otherwise I'll throw it on ebay, just don't want to go through the hassle and rather help out people who are still looking.

I got mine a few minutes ago. It is in nice shape except for a small tear on the top edge of the shrinkwrap (probably from a fingernail) The number is under 3000, so that is nice too.

Got my copy from Amazon in today in fantastic condition, it was number 00785/18000. This may have been due to the fact that I called Amazon's customer service rep and explained my previous situation with the Bravely Default CE as my order was preparing to ship. She said she put the info on my order and that they would take better care of the packaging. Don't know if that was true or not, but I'm just glad it came in one piece.

bread's done
Back