Amazon The Darkness for PS3- $19.79

Looks like GS dropped the Used price to 17.99 now. Sounds like there may be a universal price drop on the way.

[quote name='CaoPi']any online mode for this game?[/quote]

From what my friend told me: Yes, but it is horribly done and glitches like crazy...and when it had been trying to get on (which was months ago) there were at most 2 other people online. Needless to say, it is broken and dead.

I definitely want to pay this at some point, but am hoping for a sub-$10 price... if it never gets there, oh well, it wasn't a huge priority in the first place.

Darn, it's still $56.99. I've wanted to try this since it's gotten great reviews, but I don't pay $50 for games, let alone $60 (used to buy 100x more games at launch when new was $10-40).

FYI, the PS3 version of this game is a rather bad port of the 360 version. The graphics have less resolution (576p as opposed to 720p) and fewer effects, from what everything I've seen. If you have the option, you'd be better off going for the 360 version.

The one thing that put me off about this game was the aiming system, it felt kinda clunky.

Other than that, it's a very "endearing" game, I was interested in how things would play out all the way to the end. Don't wanna spoil much but
I feel that the climax was a bit rushed (but very exciting anyways), and the optional "missions" weren't all that fun either (a lot of back-tracking)
Oh, the phone calls you can make are pretty fun to listen to thoughl, some had me rolling :D

[quote name='sTaTIx']FYI, the PS3 version of this game is a rather bad port of the 360 version. The graphics have less resolution (576p as opposed to 720p) and fewer effects, from what everything I've seen. If you have the option, you'd be better off going for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

That's not what every review I've read says. One of the more descriptive things I read said they were basically indistinguishable, but one had slightly better color and the other some special effect was slightly better if I'm remembering right.

FYI amazon got them back in stock so both versions are 19.99 and as your know you can either pay shipping or add something else to the order to get free shipping. It's amazon's everyday price. I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it though. I already beat it when I rented it but for 20 bucks that's an awesome deal. I got like 30+ hours of play from it.

PS3-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=320448701&pf_rd_i=507846

XBOX360-http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-The-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1210694579&sr=1-1

I wouldnt say i loved every minute since there were some parts where i got frustrated, BUT it is one of my favorite games for 360 and im very glad i played it.

One thing the ps3 version has over the 360 version is it has a full movie on TV. Why you would want to watch a movie inside a game is beyond me, but still that is kinda neat.

[quote name='gleditts']familyvideo.com has The Darkness for the 360 (used) for 9.95 plus .99 shipping.[/quote]
Whoa - Nice find. Does familyvideo guarantee the case and instruction manual, though? Never ordered from them before.

[quote name='greeble']One thing the ps3 version has over the 360 version is it has a full movie on TV. Why you would want to watch a movie inside a game is beyond me, but still that is kinda neat.[/quote]

What's the movie?

bread's done
Back