Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes. - Indigo_Streetlight
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.
Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/26/2012)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guyver2077']can anyone give me a good reason NOT to trade in King Kong 360 right now for $20.00??[/QUOTE]

No, and thanks for the tip - this is the first time in a long time I've been able to lock something in before it drops.

Whenever an old and seemingly worthless game goes up in value like this I always check to see if it has really gone up in value by checking eBay. It is indeed worth more there than it used to be - but more in the range of $15-$20. Even if you sell on eBay, given shipping and fees, it is definitely worth it to send it to Amazon.

Now if you have a new/sealed copy, that is an entirely different story. I need to dig mine out and see if I ever opened it. I think my son played it for 1 day like 3 years ago - if so, that might have cost me $30 or more ;).

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peter-Jacks...0112?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35c21395c0

just got back from gamestop after picking up my 2nd copy of national geographic for wii to trade in for $30 as posted above. now locked in 2 copies of this to trade in as well!

[quote name='io']No, and thanks for the tip - this is the first time in a long time I've been able to lock something in before it drops.

Whenever an old and seemingly worthless game goes up in value like this I always check to see if it has really gone up in value by checking eBay. [/QUOTE]

Interestingly Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom :gc: jumped up to $30 for a while yesterday and I did the same thing (only to discover that it was relatively cheap on ebay). So they haven't completely locked things down since the gigantor tradefest, the window and number of titles is just much much smaller.

[quote name='io']No, and thanks for the tip - this is the first time in a long time I've been able to lock something in before it drops.

Whenever an old and seemingly worthless game goes up in value like this I always check to see if it has really gone up in value by checking eBay. It is indeed worth more there than it used to be - but more in the range of $15-$20. Even if you sell on eBay, given shipping and fees, it is definitely worth it to send it to Amazon.

Now if you have a new/sealed copy, that is an entirely different story. I need to dig mine out and see if I ever opened it. I think my son played it for 1 day like 3 years ago - if so, that might have cost me $30 or more ;).

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peter-Jacks...0112?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35c21395c0[/QUOTE]

I think like new copies are getting harder to find. The going rate on amazon seems to indicate that the price will rise. $50 for collectible and 90-95 used. I know amazon is an not exact barometer of the resale market but as a vehicle for assessing the probability of a game becoming rare is pretty good. ( except when a game gets a reprint)

[quote name='kklems']I think like new copies are getting harder to find. The going rate on amazon seems to indicate that the price will rise. $50 for collectible and 90-95 used. I know amazon is an not exact barometer of the resale market but as a vehicle for assessing the probability of a game becoming rare is pretty good. ( except when a game gets a reprint)[/QUOTE]

Sealed copies are an entirely different animal since they just become more and more scarce as time goes on. I opened up my game closet and checked on the prices of a few random sealed 360 games I bought cheap long ago with the intention of playing. They were selling for $50+ on Amazon so I listed a few and have already gotten a few sales. I mean, $100+ for stuff collecting dust in my closet was hard to pass up.

But I think there are a lot of used copies of King Kong out there and while it might go up a bit more, I think $20 in Amazon credit is a good deal for it. But as you note, condition is a big deal. If you have a pristine, like new one, it might be worth holding on to. The one I have is either brand new or like new, so I might not send it in. And I definitely do not see a reprint happening on this particular game.

im pretty sure mine is like new as most of my games are..

still had to pass up $20 for a game that i will prob never play again anyways

[quote name='guyver2077']im pretty sure mine is like new as most of my games are..

still had to pass up $20 for a game that i will prob never play again anyways[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you meant "hard" to pass up. But yeah, I'd just do it. Even if you bother with selling on eBay and Amazon with all the fees (and risk), you won't get much more (if anything at all) than $20 for a like new copy at this time. It could go up more later, but you never know. The highest U.S. copy on eBay right now is $25 shipped, and there are many much lower than that - granted, none seem to be in "like new" condition but there you go... Completed auctions (a better indiactor of price than current listings anyway) range from $8 to $19 shipped. So, yeah, take the Amazon money and run ;).

I'd just advise anyone with a still-sealed copy to think twice though.

[quote name='r00kie']Playmobil: Circus Wii Trades in fo $14.95 currently and is $4.99 used at Gamestop.

also Trion Cube DS trades for $15.55(10.90 cart only) and is $1.99 used at gamestop if you can find it.

Petz Horseshoe Ranch DS and Disney sing it Family Hits Wii are also positive flips if you can find them.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say thank you. I wasn't able to find complete copies of everything but still managed to turn about $22 GS credit into about $72 AMZ credit.

Don't forget to send out by tomorrow if you locked in the Gamespot special trade-ins. Definitely getting rid of Madden and Hitman since they seem to be outliers. Keeping AC3/BL2 though, probably regret it later.

[quote name='guyver2077']can anyone give me a good reason NOT to trade in King Kong 360 right now for $20.00??[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post. Only able to find one complete and one disc-only version at GameStop, but Acceptable was still fetching $16 and moving GameStop to Amazon credit at any net gain is worth it...

[quote name='io']Sealed copies are an entirely different animal since they just become more and more scarce as time goes on. I opened up my game closet and checked on the prices of a few random sealed 360 games I bought cheap long ago with the intention of playing. They were selling for $50+ on Amazon so I listed a few and have already gotten a few sales. I mean, $100+ for stuff collecting dust in my closet was hard to pass up.

But I think there are a lot of used copies of King Kong out there and while it might go up a bit more, I think $20 in Amazon credit is a good deal for it. But as you note, condition is a big deal. If you have a pristine, like new one, it might be worth holding on to. The one I have is either brand new or like new, so I might not send it in. And I definitely do not see a reprint happening on this particular game.[/QUOTE]

I sold a sealed copy of 360 the incredible hulk to some crazy on amazon for 1$117! i hope they don't return it...I don't even remember where I got them from (i have another copy). :)

[quote name='Toss']I sold a sealed copy of 360 the incredible hulk to some crazy on amazon for 1$117! i hope they don't return it...I don't even remember where I got them from (i have another copy). :)[/QUOTE]

Damn, I might have one of those around. Believe it or not, that game was $7.99 or so at Best Buy I think in summer of 2011. I bought it then but never played it so it ought to be around somewhere... I'm hoping to get to a GS tomorrow which has "limited stock" of King Kong - so probably just one disc-only beat-up copy. For the first time ever, I submitted this trade as willing to accept lower values (since $16 is still good). They take them disc-only for the lower value, right? I have never sent anything less than a complete near-pristine game to Amazon so this is new territory for me ;).

Edit: Just searched through my game order emails and Incredible Hulk 360 was $8.97 at bestbuy.com in July 2011. So I was close. It just goes to show you that you should never open a game until you intend to play it. Who would have thought Incredible Hulk or King Kong would have any value?

Here's another one for you: Surf's Up (360 also). I had that collecting dust in my closet and my kids were never interested in playing it. I have no idea where I got it but I think it might have been a Kmart clearance game 3-4 years ago. I sold the damn thing for $63 on Amazon the other day! The current lowest price on Amazon is $80, so maybe I even lowballed it a bit! To bring this back around on topic, the trade-in value is a measily $4.50 though. But that's because the used sales price isn't all that high: around $18. For King Kong the new/used prices are $95/$50, thus the higher trade-in value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Bestbuy doesnt ring a bell for me but maybe...maybe toys r us, kmart, sears IDK lol

I have actually played both king kong and hulk a long time ago. King kong was meh, but i remember liking the hulk.

[quote name='nhlducks35']I started my trade for Assassins Creed 3 last Friday

So if I give it to UPS before they close today they won't reject my offer, right?[/QUOTE]

nope, youll be fine.

Is it worth it to send an item a day after it was due?

I was pissed off this morning when I found out that Amazon wouldn't let me print the shipping label even though I had to send it by 12/21/12 (TODAY).

I emailed Amazon with no response. Then I finally realized I could get the shipping label through the email link still.

What's the worst that happens, they send me the games back?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Is it worth it to send an item a day after it was due?

I was pissed off this morning when I found out that Amazon wouldn't let me print the shipping label even though I had to send it by 12/21/12 (TODAY).

I emailed Amazon with no response. Then I finally realized I could get the shipping label through the email link still.

What's the worst that happens, they send me the games back?[/QUOTE]

You can still re-create the shipping label. Just make another tradein for anything, go to the print label for the new tradein.

Replace the Tradein ID and tracking number from the old tradein into the http page that you want to send in, you can get those from you tradein account page.

Question:

1. Since they change a few things. Is the UPS tracking/shipping label still good after the 7 days, I know they tried to limit the printing, but is the shipping label still good after the 7 days? Anyone know how long?

2. Is the tradein still good as long as it is "Processed" within 25 days?

I just realized that I forgot to send in my Borderlands 2. I packaged it up, but set it aside and forgot about it. Oh well.

[quote name='nixmahn']You can still re-create the shipping label. Just make another tradein for anything, go to the print label for the new tradein.

Replace the Tradein ID and tracking number from the old tradein into the http page that you want to send in, you can get those from you tradein account page.

Question:

1. Since they change a few things. Is the UPS tracking/shipping label still good after the 7 days, I know they tried to limit the printing, but is the shipping label still good after the 7 days?

2. Is the tradein still good as long as it is "Processed" within 25 days?[/QUOTE]

OP says that was reported to not work anymore.

If anyone can answer these that would help too. I dont want to wasted a week+ in them getting my package and deciding to send it back. The value on these is very time sensitive and it seems like the value of new releases is dropping much faster than in the past.

[quote name='nixmahn']
Question:

1. Since they change a few things. Is the UPS tracking/shipping label still good after the 7 days, I know they tried to limit the printing, but is the shipping label still good after the 7 days? Anyone know how long?

2. Is the tradein still good as long as it is "Processed" within 25 days?[/QUOTE]

I thought I remember hearing that they've gotten really strict and it needs to be sent out within the 7 days now, however I'm not testing it. Sent my Hitman and Madden out before closing tonight.

Hm...not sure why OP says that URL replace trick doesn't work to get shipping labels. Ive had no trouble right along. Ive run into a problem getting a few things out on time this month (laziness, mostly). And ive been able to reprint old labels and mail out a couple days late with no issues. YMMV I guess.

There was a point when the URL replace trick didn't work (for me anyway), although I haven't traded in for a while so no clue when it was exactly as I'd tried to see if it still worked. It's working now though.

I guess I'll send it out tomorrow. You can still print if you go through your email. Have not tried the other method the OP says does not work since october.

Worst case is they send it back right? I guess its worth the risk.

[quote name='nixmahn']You can still re-create the shipping label. Just make another tradein for anything, go to the print label for the new tradein.

Question:

Yes to both your questions. Dunno how long the UPS label is active for though. I've mailed stuff over a week late (as recently as the week after Thanksgiving: some Max Payne 3 copies I locked in early at AMZ then picked up on the cheap at KMart with a coupon on BF) and as long as your games are Processed by the 25 day mark, then you're golden.

In fact, a couple of my most recent trades hit the 30 day mark before being credited/expired, but I wouldn't push the envelope here...

Edit: Looks like my Max Payne trades were sent in 9 days late, so I can verify that the labels are still active 16 days after creation/lock-in, if that helps...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I guess I'll send it out tomorrow. You can still print if you go through your email. Have not tried the other method the OP says does not work since october.

Worst case is they send it back right? I guess its worth the risk.[/QUOTE]

You should be fine. I'm not even going to send my locked in high-value promo games out until Monday or Wednesday and I don't forsee any problems...

[quote name='Foladar']There was a point when the URL replace trick didn't work (for me anyway), although I haven't traded in for a while so no clue when it was exactly as I'd tried to see if it still worked. It's working now though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is working again. I think they killed it when thr crazy retro tiv were active.

I dropped off a couple of the National Geographic games. I could only find new, but still, 19.99-->30.00 AMZ credit isn't a bad way to transfer GS credit. Assloads of stores had this game new in my area.

If you're not willing to pay $122, then you shouldn't offer that much. My 3ds was declined because "the system was damaged." The hell it was, and they better send the same one back. For god's sake it still had all of the plastic that everything was wrapped in including the one separating the two screens. I cleaned it, inspected it, and fully charged the battery before sending it in. It was in a much larger box surrounded by air packets, and had not a single scratch on it anywhere.

If they send me back a pile of junk, Amazon and I are going to have a real bad time.

Oh shit, dont know if I should risk sending in my mint 3ds and 3ds xl now.

Anyone have a 3ds/3dsxl accepted for that fri promo tiv yet?

[quote name='Toss']Oh shit, dont know if I should risk sending in my mint 3ds and 3ds xl now.

Anyone have a 3ds/3dsxl accepted for that fri promo tiv yet?[/QUOTE]

damn with all the stories, IF there was a chance to sell it on craigs for the same amount... I would go that way

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I dropped off a couple of the National Geographic games. I could only find new, but still, 19.99-->30.00 AMZ credit isn't a bad way to transfer GS credit. Assloads of stores had this game new in my area.[/QUOTE]haha same here, of course no used copies and no response to my craigslist wanted ad either. maybe someone will respond to my craigslist ad for king kong that i locked in for $20 since i doubt GS will have complete copies..

[quote name='roger watersmelon']If you're not willing to pay $122, then you shouldn't offer that much. My 3ds was declined because "the system was damaged." The hell it was, and they better send the same one back. For god's sake it still had all of the plastic that everything was wrapped in including the one separating the two screens. I cleaned it, inspected it, and fully charged the battery before sending it in. It was in a much larger box surrounded by air packets, and had not a single scratch on it anywhere.

If they send me back a pile of junk, Amazon and I are going to have a real bad time.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they just decline it because they don't want it anymore for that TIV, or they thought it didn't meet the criteria due to inspecting it in a hurry. I've had a tablet that was like new with all the packaging get returned with damaged accessory as the reason for rejection, but when I got it back it was in the same condition that I mailed it in. Working with nothing damaged. It looked like they didn't even bother plugging it in to actually check it. Just rejected it giving a bs reason.

[quote name='handsomepete']The Hobbit :xbox: - 30.00

Also, someone buy this:
Complete U.S. SNES Collection

Also again, National Geographic Challenge :wii: still brings 20.00 in, so if you need to move Gamestop credit and still have new (or used) copies in stock that's a good way to do it.[/QUOTE]Thanks for posting The Hobbit; I locked in a two-copy trade and bought two complete copies through eBay for ~$24 including shipping.

[quote name='esalw822']Yes to both your questions. Dunno how long the UPS label is active for though. I've mailed stuff over a week late (as recently as the week after Thanksgiving: some Max Payne 3 copies I locked in early at AMZ then picked up on the cheap at KMart with a coupon on BF) and as long as your games are Processed by the 25 day mark, then you're golden.

In fact, a couple of my most recent trades hit the 30 day mark before being credited/expired, but I wouldn't push the envelope here...

Edit: Looks like my Max Payne trades were sent in 9 days late, so I can verify that the labels are still active 16 days after creation/lock-in, if that helps...[/QUOTE]

Wow I have only gone 7 days after the mail date before

Has anyone successfully traded a 360 slim hd that came with their console? The site says they want the original accessory box / manual / accessories so I am thinking it's going to get rejected.

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for posting The Hobbit; I locked in a two-copy trade and bought two complete copies through eBay for ~$24 including shipping.[/QUOTE]

Is ebay sellers ship fast? I am very afraid that they ship very slow so that I waste my money to buy two copies..

[quote name='Toss']Oh shit, dont know if I should risk sending in my mint 3ds and 3ds xl now.

Anyone have a 3ds/3dsxl accepted for that fri promo tiv yet?[/QUOTE]

got mine accepted and a vita. Happy camper here. Like new values.

[quote name='ckc4043']Is ebay sellers ship fast? I am very afraid that they ship very slow so that I waste my money to buy two copies..[/QUOTE]

That's half the fun! Thus far I have never gotten something so late from an ebay seller that I couldn't get it to amazon on time. I know I will eventually and I'll totally be a grown up about it, but until that time I'll keep rolling the dice when I can. Yee ha!

[quote name='handsomepete']That's half the fun! Thus far I have never gotten something so late from an ebay seller that I couldn't get it to amazon on time. I know I will eventually and I'll totally be a grown up about it, but until that time I'll keep rolling the dice when I can. Yee ha![/QUOTE]

Maybe I am afraid of risking. That is the reason why I am a failed flipper.

^ damn that sucks. Maybe next time put a note saying game did not come with a manual. I traded in bf3 for 360 and I lost the manual so I just put fable 3 manual in there and it got accepted, so if you're desperate put a random game manual in there and take a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back