Amazon VG Deals of the Week 8/28 - Brink, Hunted, Top Spin 4, Tekken 6 LE

Bit on the Tekken stick. I already have a TE but I need a second stick for friends to use. Plus I'll end up trading in the game making it a better deal.

[quote name='Donkey132']Bit on the Tekken stick. I already have a TE but I need a second stick for friends to use. Plus I'll end up trading in the game making it a better deal.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a friend like you, I have 2 TE sticks for the same reason.

[quote name='SamuraiINC']For those on the edge of buying it for the fight stick here is a good review on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_iZNmd0YOc

Seems to be good sturdy quality, going to order one based on this. If you don't have a fight stick this seems to be a good starter.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, going to order one now. I do love the tekken series (bought tekken 6 day one on ps3 since I've gotten so used to playing it on that controller) so the art book is actually a good reason for me to get it. I didn't think it was going to have a quality art book. The stick looks pretty good for my use for now so I guess its worth the money.

I would get Top Spin 4, but I don't want to pay for shipping. Any other stores selling it for this price?

I've got two of the fight sticks. It's not TE quality, and won't stand up to arcade-like abuse, but if you treat it right it's been fine for me so far. It's wireless, so there's some lag, but if it's your first fight stick you will likely not notice. For this price, ANY fight stick is probably a good deal, and is certainly better than the 360 dpad.

Also, it takes practice. I'm STILL not good with a stick compared to the ps2 dpad, but it's certainly more *fun*.

[quote name='poker360']I'm really hoping that the prices for brink and hunted change to $15 for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Why would they? The games are technically 50% off of the release price which is all Amazon is claiming. I find it hard to believe they will match a Best Buy coupon that requires purchasing a magazine and being a Reward Zone member which isn't even posted on the Best Buy website. This is something Amazon is likely not even aware of or frankly doesn't care about.

[quote name='bojay1997']Why would they? The games are technically 50% off of the release price which is all Amazon is claiming. I find it hard to believe they will match a Best Buy coupon that requires purchasing a magazine and being a Reward Zone member which isn't even posted on the Best Buy website. This is something Amazon is likely not even aware of or frankly doesn't care about.[/QUOTE]

Yeah cuz that will help clear the shelves for Amazon right?!?!

Advertising 50% off release day MSRP which is now the new MSRP, LOL, gimmie a fuckn break...

Every retailer from Amazon to Wal-Mart has a shit load of release day copies collecting dust, so I promise you they care when a competitor gets aggressive b/c everyone want get rid of this game ASAP.

BTW, purchasing a magazine is $5, bringing the cost of Brink to $15. Reports have been confirmed that people are double dipping on the coupon by getting hunted + brink and just getting the cashier to scan the coupon twice. Thus making each game $12.50...GC is free if you were implying there is a cost associated with that.

fuck it, I've been meaning to rebuy Tekken 6 for a while now.. The game itself is still $20 so 15 bucks for the fight stick is a great deal.. Whether or not I actually use it that's a different story lol, but shit

[quote name='bojay1997']Why would they? The games are technically 50% off of the release price which is all Amazon is claiming. I find it hard to believe they will match a Best Buy coupon that requires purchasing a magazine and being a Reward Zone member which isn't even posted on the Best Buy website. This is something Amazon is likely not even aware of or frankly doesn't care about.[/QUOTE]

It's strange because in all of my recent memory of these "Deal of the weeks" the little tag on the picture of the item matches the sale.. Right now brink is supposedly "50% off" but the tag only says 10% off

[quote name='aznhero913']Yeah cuz that will help clear the shelves for Amazon right?!?!

Advertising 50% off release day MSRP which is now the new MSRP, LOL, gimmie a fuckn break...

Every retailer from Amazon to Wal-Mart has a shit load of release day copies collecting dust, so I promise you they care when a competitor gets aggressive b/c everyone want get rid of this game ASAP.

BTW, purchasing a magazine is $5, bringing the cost of Brink to $15. Reports have been confirmed that people are double dipping on the coupon by getting hunted + brink and just getting the cashier to scan the coupon twice. Thus making each game $12.50...GC is free if you were implying there is a cost associated with that.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Amazon is overpriced on those two games and this isn't really a deal, however, I think it's stupid that people keep posting here that the price is somehow gonna drop to Best Buy levels. Amazon is likely not even aware of the deal or simply doesn't care, just like they don't care when they increase all their prices to full MSRP when they match a B1G1 50% off or other deal. People should just go to Best Buy and grab these games if they want the lowest price.

Thinking about biting on Tekken 6, I have the EX2 fight stick but I think I would prefer to be wire free. I watched the youtube review on the tekken stick, looks solid. Don't want to downgrade though. This is the EX2:

41YDKaZpNjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fighting-Stick-EX-Xbox-360/dp/B000V02P6Q

I picked it up at toys r us clearance with a coupon for hardley anything. If I do swap anyone have an idea what I should put price-wise on craig's list?

Not a tekken fan so will prolly play it a bit then get the $9 from amazon. Looking fwd to getting MvC 3 re-release. Also like to play old school arcade games like MvC 2, TMNT, X-Men, and Shinobi.

So should I bite on the tekken or just keep what I got? Opinions??? :whistle2:k

Can you set that Tekken wireless stick to 4-way for old-schoole games (Pac Man, etc)? I'm guessing not, but if you can I'll pick one up and have it for those games.

[quote name='dubldave']but I think I would prefer to be wire free.
[/QUOTE]

the tekken 6 stick is wireless...or at least mine is

This is goin on all week correct? I'll have to wait til later but if there are any left i'm in for brink and tekken for sure. The fight stick alone seems worth it for me. I casually play so can't complain.

[quote name='Connor23']This is goin on all week correct? I'll have to wait til later but if there are any left i'm in for brink and tekken for sure. The fight stick alone seems worth it for me. I casually play so can't complain.[/QUOTE]

Im a casual player too. The fightstick is great and worth it. U shouldnt wait too long because the price may change

Thanks for the info. Went to Best Buy yesterday and they didn't have the @Gamer in stock yet. I would have to pay $5.00 for the magzine and $10 for Hunted. Will go aehad and grab this with no tax and delivered to my door. I will miss the BB points though.

I already have Hunted and have been playing through split screen with my son. It is really hard to play split screen though, because the HUD hides a lot of info. Not a bad game overall, just takes some patience in the beginning until you can level up a bit.

I heard many copies of Brink at Best Buy still have the Fallout theme DLC inside since they never sold. I haven't opened mine yet to check, but that might be extra incentive since the price difference is only like 50 cents if you have to buy the magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='poker360']Told ya so guys :)[/QUOTE]

You were correct that the prices were going to update, but incorrect that they would be 50% off as purportedly advertised. Neither deal matches Best Buy even after tax and having to buy the $5 magazine. Pretty disappointing on Amazon's part.

[quote name='bojay1997']You were correct that the prices were going to update, but incorrect that they would be 50% off as purportedly advertised. Neither deal matches Best Buy even after tax and having to buy the $5 magazine. Pretty disappointing on Amazon's part.[/QUOTE]

I personally don't like shopping at best buy, and i would never pay $5 for their magazine just to get coupons.

That being said, i'm not going to buy anything listed, simply because next week pretty much marks the beginning of tons of releases of new games.

Also, it said up to 50% (pc is 50% off on both)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']You were correct that the prices were going to update, but incorrect that they would be 50% off as purportedly advertised. Neither deal matches Best Buy even after tax and having to buy the $5 magazine. Pretty disappointing on Amazon's part.[/QUOTE]

Depends where you live. In New York it's a 68 cent difference after taxes for Brink so if you want to factor in that Amazon will deliver it to you, it's not disappointing at all.

[quote name='gotdott']Depends where you live. In New York it's a 68 cent difference after taxes for Brink so if you want to factor in that Amazon will deliver it to you, it's not disappointing at all.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure? Both Amazon and Best Buy charge New York State tax at the same rate. So, it's $2 more at Amazon plus shipping unless you have Prime, you don't get RZ or GZ credit, Shopkick credit, and you don't get a magazine with other coupons that may be useful on other future releases. For Hunted, it's a $4 difference. Of course, many of us were able to get both games for $10 each plus tax using just one coupon, so it was an even better deal ($11 savings) at Best Buy.

[quote name='bojay1997']How do you figure? Both Amazon and Best Buy charge New York State tax at the same rate. So, it's $2 more at Amazon plus shipping unless you have Prime, you don't get RZ or GZ credit, Shopkick credit, and you don't get a magazine with other coupons that may be useful on other future releases. For Hunted, it's a $4 difference. Of course, many of us were able to get both games for $10 each plus tax using just one coupon, so it was an even better deal ($11 savings) at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea I forgot Amazon charges tax here in New York since I only used Prime shipping while I was at school in Michigan.

deals of the week: do they last ALL week (when does it end)? Also, does the deal end early if they run out of stock? I want the arcade stick.

thanks!

[quote name='schnoo']deals of the week: do they last ALL week (when does it end)? Also, does the deal end early if they run out of stock? I want the arcade stick.

thanks![/QUOTE]

They end on Sunday @ 2 AM CST. I've personally never seen them ever run out.

I'm still wondering if I should buy Brink even at $10. Rather have Duke Nukem Forever at that price lol.

I'm somewhat tempted on Hunted because I heard it has great co-op on the same system.

Bit on the LE of T6. I got the game for $10 on black Friday and Ended up trading it to amazon for $9.75 a while later and referred it. Plus I need the stick for MvC3 and SFIV. I think I got the last one cause now they're out of stock. Yay me!

$9.99 for Brink already? Damn that game tanked. I'm kinda tempted but from what I've heard even $10 is too high. Seems like maybe a $5 or less steam buy maybe. Is this activate-able on steam?

don't waste your money on the Tekken fightstick... its just a show piece the stick sucks... I coulnd't even use it to play pac man championship edition... let alone trying to play Tekken with it... its Horrible.

edit: looks like I'm too late.

[quote name='Thomas96']don't waste your money on the Tekken fightstick... its just a show piece the stick sucks... I coulnd't even use it to play pac man championship edition... let alone trying to play Tekken with it... its Horrible.

edit: looks like I'm too late.[/QUOTE]

surely they are not sanwa, near sanwa quality but seriously,

thumbnail.aspx

Im really tempted to get Brink to play on xbox live but I have heard so many negative reviews. for people that have played the game online any advice would be greatly appreciated

[quote name='DANIEL']Im really tempted to get Brink to play on xbox live but I have heard so many negative reviews. for people that have played the game online any advice would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

My honest advice would be to save that brink money for a preorder.

bread's done
Back