Amazon Video Games Gold Box for Tuesday 4/23: GoW: Judgement $34.99, Halo 4 $29.99

zzamaro

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]30031[/IMG-R]Today''s Amazon Gold Box deals event features discounts on 7 gaming items, including God of War: Ascension $39.99 and God of War PS3 Bundle $279.99 as the Deals of the Day.

Lightning Deal Schedule (Pacific Time):
:360: Gears of War: Judgment $34.99 (12 to 5am)
:360: Halo 4 $29.99 (5 to 7am)
:360::ps3: Hitman Absolution $18.99 (7 to 9am)
:360::ps3: Dead Space 3 $39.99 (9 to 11 pm)
iconamazon.gif
Tritton 720+ 7.1 Headset $99.99 (11am to 1pm)
iconamazon.gif
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX51 Premium Wireless Dolby Digital Gaming Headset $199.99 (1 to 3pm)
:3ds::psp: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward $29.99 (3 to 5pm)
:360: Forza Horizon/Forza Horizon Limited Edition $19.99 (5 to 7pm)
:360: Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection $14.99 (7 to 9pm)
iconamazon.gif
Lego Lord of the Rings $19.99 (9 to 11pm)

Amazon Gold Box Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']I feel bad for the people that bought GOW.
No I dont:joystick:
[/QUOTE]

which ones and now or at launch?

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I'd consider Gears if it had a TIV higher than a quarter. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I find it difficult to believe that you would consider it if it were 26 cents.

Return. No doubt. They can get you on anything if you give them permission. Some people don't care but when there's a difference of something like $30, it can be a big problem. If you don't choose to have a return, then it's theirs as soon as you ship it.

none of those look too great other than maybe hitman, and POSSIBLY Zero escape. That game doesn't seem to drop at all, im assuming 29.99 might as well be the jump on it price? Im worried if i wait too long i wont get a vita copy. I already dont see it in any retail stores anymore. What do you guys think?

Hitman is amazing! I read that many Hitman fans did not like the game too much because the previous one was better etc. but if you have never played Hitman before, like me, I am sure you will love it as well. Totally worth buying it during this deal because it is a long game (not one those 5-6 hours game).

Edit: If you buy it I recommend playing it on Normal mode if it is the first time you play it. Hard is too hard and Normal is hard enough! Which is good because it adds challenge :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have seen Hitman cheaper although used. Beat it on a rental and have no desire to replay it.
Wasn't a bad game at all and I'm typically not a person who enjoys stealth games.

I went ahead and picked up Gears of War: Judgement for $34.99. I'm a huge GoW fan, definitely won't be the best deal for the game but it sure beats paying retail price from a little over a month ago. Thanks for posting, OP!

[quote name='Ashlee']Hitman is amazing! I read that many Hitman fans did not like the game too much because the previous one was better etc. but if you have never played Hitman before, like me, I am sure you will love it as well. Totally worth buying it during this deal because it is a long game (not one those 5-6 hours game).[/QUOTE]

I LOOOOVED Hitman 2. Never played the others. But I really liked Absolution, and it is a lengthy game, if I didn't have @Gamer and RZ credit. I would rebuy it for $18

[quote name='Darklurkr23']35 for Judgment isn't bad. I'd say people on the fence right now pick it up it's worth 30 bucks enough[/QUOTE]

Just confirming- there's no online pass for Gears Judgement right? Maybe I'll wait on used copies later when my backlog dies down.

[quote name='Kenshindono']none of those look too great other than maybe hitman, and POSSIBLY Zero escape. That game doesn't seem to drop at all, im assuming 29.99 might as well be the jump on it price? Im worried if i wait too long i wont get a vita copy. I already dont see it in any retail stores anymore. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing for a 3DS copy of Zero Escape. Something tells me this won't be one of those games that drops down to $9.99 new.

I just started 999 yesterday so I'm really excited for it :D

Hitman for 18.99 you say? o_O I'm tempted. But man I want Injustice so bad, but dont want to spend 65 on it lol choices :cold:

[quote name='fortunado']Sadly, does not include God of War Ascension Collector's Edition. :\[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for the same thing

[quote name='TaylorM06']I LOOOOVED Hitman 2. Never played the others. But I really liked Absolution, and it is a lengthy game, if I didn't have @Gamer and RZ credit. I would rebuy it for $18[/QUOTE]

Live on East Coast? If so - go to product page on phone, go to bb, refresh product page to get sale price, have them PM when they open. (10am - the time the deal starts)

[quote name='kelo360']Just confirming- there's no online pass for Gears Judgement right? Maybe I'll wait on used copies later when my backlog dies down.[/QUOTE]

Correct, though launch copies include a digital download for gears 1

Weird. If you check Hitman (PS3), the one selling it at $18.99 is a fulfilled (Hitgaming Video Games).

If you go to sellers and look for Amazon, it says that it goes for $30.25.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Live on East Coast? If so - go to product page on phone, go to bb, refresh product page to get sale price, have them PM when they open. (10am - the time the deal starts)[/QUOTE]

Well - it seems this strat doesn't work anymore as you now have to go thru the gold box page. Ah well, will cross my fingers for free from BB. If not, I'll get for $0.52 after a 20 RZC and a pack of rubber bands on clearance lol.

:rofl: Did people REALLY expect Injustice, a game that's been out for exactly one week, to be a part of this sale? Where do people get these crazy ideas?

God of War is tempting, but I think I'll still pass on it. Otherwise these seem like horrible deals. Personally I can't believe Dead Space 3 is "on sale" at $40. I'd have expected the MSRP to be under $40 at this point, considering that it's a casualized sequel with microtransactions, and that it went on sale for $30 not too long ago. Are people really buying it?

[quote name='rcerboss']:rofl: Did people REALLY expect Injustice, a game that's been out for exactly one week, to be a part of this sale? Where do people get these crazy ideas?

God of War is tempting, but I think I'll still pass on it. Otherwise these seem like horrible deals. Personally I can't believe Dead Space 3 is "on sale" at $40. I'd have expected the MSRP to be under $40 at this point, considering that it's a casualized sequel with microtransactions, and that it went on sale for $30 not too long ago. Are people really buying it?[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad game, I still got a couple jumps out of it. It's the players choice if they want to fall for the microtransactions. They are definitely not needed.

[quote name='Kenshindono']none of those look too great other than maybe hitman, and POSSIBLY Zero escape. That game doesn't seem to drop at all, im assuming 29.99 might as well be the jump on it price? Im worried if i wait too long i wont get a vita copy. I already dont see it in any retail stores anymore. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you want a physical copy get it now as I know no retailers in STL have it anymore in store.

[quote name='StryderOmega']It's not a bad game, I still got a couple jumps out of it. It's the players choice if they want to fall for the microtransactions. They are definitely not needed.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played much of it so I'll have to take your word for it. But for me, the idea of a $60 title with microtransactions of any sort, but ESPECIALLY microtransactions in the single player mode, well it makes me sick :puke:. If they are SO not needed, why include them? How many playthrough's are needed to fully upgrade each weapon without them (it took me 2 in the original Dead Space)? On a site like CAG dedicated to saving money, I imagine this would irk several of us.

I'll probably still check DS3 out, but I'll be damned if I'm touching it for more than $20, and even then I'm trying to hold out for $10 or $15 for a used copy. I would have thought that it'd be approaching that price now, very surprised that it hasn't, but I guess people just don't care about the evils of microtransactions in retail games, and where that path will lead. Or about how casualized EA has made the game (from what I played of it anyways). Unless there's a radical shift beyond the first few levels, I don't see myself coming back for multiple playthroughs or playing a Dead Space 4. Not unless it's a return to form, a true sequel to Dead Space 1.

Last edited:
[quote name='rcerboss']I haven't played much of it so I'll have to take your word for it. But for me, the idea of a $60 title with microtransactions of any sort, but ESPECIALLY microtransactions in the single player mode, well it makes me sick :puke:. If they are SO not needed, why include them? How many playthrough's are needed to fully upgrade each weapon without them (it took me 2 in the original Dead Space)? On a site like CAG dedicated to saving money, I imagine this would irk several of us.

I'll probably still check DS3 out, but I'll be damned if I'm touching it for more than $20, and even then I'm trying to hold out for $10 or $15 for a used copy. I would have thought that it'd be approaching that price now, very surprised that it hasn't, but I guess people just don't care about the evils of microtransactions in retail games, and where that path will lead. Or about how casualized EA has made the game (from what I played of it anyways). Unless there's a radical shift beyond the first few levels, I don't see myself playing a Dead Space 4. Not unless it's a return to form, a true sequel to Dead Space 1.[/QUOTE]

Their weapon system is different in DS3. You craft your own weapons in this, and you potentially have a pretty big number of combinations of weapons, so fully upgrading every weapon isn't really feasable anymore. The other thing is that there are no longer upgrade nodes for weapons, but instead, circuits. These have 4 basic categories: Damage, reload, rate of fire, clip size. You progress thru the game to find better circuit values.

With the two scavenger bots you essentially have no problem getting scraps. In fact, you can grind spots all day if you want. Set a bot in one spot, leave the area, wait for it to finish scavenging, do it again.

All ammo uses one type now. (Just called ammo)

Microtransactions just basically give you a boost for scrap parts. I forget the prices as I haven't touched the game since I have beaten it, but they weren't too expensive in price.

Actually what was game breaking, I felt, were the limited edition guns. They come already pretty powerful with all circuit spots unlocked already. So you pretty much can have a devastating weapon thru the entire game.

[quote name='chelosera91']Man if that PS3 bundle was $250 I would be all over it[/QUOTE]

Get their bundle, trade in the games to Gamestop and get GOW: Ascension.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']I was thinking the same thing for a 3DS copy of Zero Escape. Something tells me this won't be one of those games that drops down to $9.99 new.

I just started 999 yesterday so I'm really excited for it :D[/QUOTE]

Probably a good idea. I recently played 999 and loved it. It has me on the fence of buying a 3DS but the number of games and consoles I own (or want to own) outnumbers my realistic gaming time already. Still, I can't help but to be sitting here thinking about buying VLR when it comes up.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Probably a good idea. I recently played 999 and loved it. It has me on the fence of buying a 3DS but the number of games and consoles I own (or want to own) outnumbers my realistic gaming time already. Still, I can't help but to be sitting here thinking about buying VLR when it comes up.[/QUOTE]

VITA version is the way to go. Much better picture quality, plus no save corrupt bug.

Im hoping to get a copy of Forza Limited Edition. I bought the regular for $15 on BF and traded it to gamestop for $42 after bonuses.

now for $20 Id love to add the steelbook version to my collection and give the game a try!

[quote name='StryderOmega']VITA version is the way to go. Much better picture quality, plus no save corrupt bug.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't disagree more. I never had a save bug on the 3DS version, picture quality was virtually the same (the difference was there, but hardly noticable) and the 3D and note features on 3DS were better than anything the Vita version had going for it.

[quote name='rcerboss']Couldn't disagree more. I never had a save bug on the 3DS version, picture quality was virtually the same (the difference was there, but hardly noticable) and the 3D and note features on 3DS were better than anything the Vita version had going for it.[/QUOTE]

People actually use the 3D on the 3DS? I was unaware of that, lol.

Anyway, to each his own, but the side by side comparison shots definitely show the difference. VITA is much more crisp and vibrant.

[quote name='StryderOmega']People actually use the 3D on the 3DS? I was unaware of that, lol.

Anyway, to each his own, but the side by side comparison shots definitely show the difference. VITA is much more crisp and vibrant.[/QUOTE]

I don't know anybody who doesn't. Nobody who actually owns the system anyways. I do here a lot of "troll" comments regarding the 3D though.

[quote name='pippin']In for GoW: Ascension. I thought about waiting it out, but I'm ready to play this game already![/QUOTE]

same I wish I got in on when it was $35

bread's done
Back