Amazon Vote...Both PS3's and Wiiii

[quote name='Reikon'][quote name='Wolfpup']*SIGH* There is no such thing as an HDTV that doesn't do 720p. ALL HDTVs do 720p, 1080i, 480p, and 480i.

If you have something that doesn't, it's some sort of HD monitor./QUOTE]

Wow, you know nothing about HDTVs. A HD monitor would be something without a TV tuner, it has nothing to do with resolution. Many older HDTVs only support 480p and 1080i.[/quote]

Yup, I've got an older spare 34 inch Panasonic hdtv I brought when it first came out and it only does 480p or 1080i.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Not true SOME older Rear Projection HDTV's will only do 1080i, Of course they will also do 480p but thats not HD[/QUOTE]

Point is, that's not an HDTV.

[quote name='lordwow']I got a 60 GB Claim Code... great...

Now all I need is $600...

I can't see myself buying this.[/QUOTE]

OOOOOKay. Then why did you vote for it? At least someone else will get a shot tomorrow I guess.

[quote name='Reikon']
Wow, you know nothing about HDTVs. A HD monitor would be something without a TV tuner, it has nothing to do with resolution. Many older HDTVs only support 480p and 1080i.[/QUOTE]

Then it's not an HDTV, period. ALL HD TVs support those four formats I listed (in the United States). If they can't handle those formats, they BY DEFINITION aren't an HDTV, and can't even handle all broadcasts, let alone other sources.

[quote name='Kendro']Can't understand how you arrogantly state something as fact, when you are wrong yourself. Most older HDTV's only do 480p and 1080i, hence the reason a lot of PS3 owners are furious that their games are downscaling to 480p, while Xbox 360 can scale it's games to 1080i.[/QUOTE]

Facts aren't arrogant.

If your TV doesn't do 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i, it's not an HDTV.

I LOVE the SlickDeals.net community. Somone ordered a Wii in the mindset of letting someone have it at cost from the SlickDeals community.

Who is that person? ME!!! Ahhhh. I'm so happy. Now we just gotta get the details worked out. Dayyum I'm excited.

The thing is, it's going to my cousin if my uncle thinks he can play the games ok. Does anyone have any feedback on say 6 year olds playing it? Will they be able to play the games or will it be too difficult?

Well, my HDTV does 480i, 480p, and 1080i. Im not looking at getting intoa pissing contest, but could Microsoft do it and Sony, with their play beyond machine, cant? I so hope a firmware fix will rectify this. My 65" Sony WS550 is ISF calibrated and displays an unreal picture.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

You're totally wrong on this one. Any TV that does 720p OR 1080i OR 1080p is an HDTV.

I feel you on not liking people who signed up and aren't buying, but that's no excuse for spreading misinformation. You're probably too immature to ever admit you're wrong on this one, and I don't expect it, but just stop posting to save face.

[quote name='Wolfpup']If your TV doesn't do 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i, it's not an HDTV.[/QUOTE]
So it has to have all four of those to be classified as an HDTV? I'm confused....

NVM, read above post. I was thinking that statement doesn't make sense. I have an older Samsung TV that has 480i, 480p, and 1080i, and yes it does have HDTV printed on it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Point is, that's not an HDTV.

If your TV doesn't do 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i, it's not an HDTV.[/QUOTE]

Fact is if your TV can do 1920 x 1080 or better know as 1080i then its IS an HDTV becuse it can process a HD signal 1920 x 1080 .. Acccording to the Advanced Television Systems Committee aka ATSC that is HD your TV does not have to do both resolutions (this being 720p and 1080i) to be a HDTV. So again some of the older sets only do 1080i they and have no internal video processor to convert a 720p signal to 1080i thus causeing an issue with the ps3 that ws kind of fixed with the last firmware update.

The PS3 60GBs are gone. I just went in to order and got this lovely message:

"We're sorry. This item is no longer available. As we stated earlier, our supply was limited, and that supply didn't last long. Below, you'll see a few things you might like instead. "

And they then listed a bunch of games at MSRP.

So if you got picked for something else - order NOW because they ain't honoring everyone who "won".

Kfoster,
Thanks for clearing this up. Please define 'kinda fixed'. I know I can watch Blew-ray movies with it, but man, playing Resistance in 480p? Ugh.

Regarding HDTVs:

You can't even watch all broadcast content if your HDTV doesn't support all formats.

HDTV has an actual meaning. It isn't "This TV is really high-resolution!!!!" It means the TV supports specific formats and contains an ATSC tuner.

You may have an HD monitor. You may have a TV that supports high definition, but if you don't run all four formats, you *BY DEFINITION* do NOT HAVE AN HDTV.

[quote name='jaybird']The PS3 60GBs are gone. I just went in to order and got this lovely message:

"We're sorry. This item is no longer available. As we stated earlier, our supply was limited, and that supply didn't last long. Below, you'll see a few things you might like instead. "[/QUOTE]

That's bizarre. So they were giving out more chances than they had systems? The whole point of this was to avoid that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']That's bizarre. So they were giving out more chances than they had systems? The whole point of this was to avoid that.[/QUOTE]

That's absolutely insane if true--I'd call customer service immediately.

[quote name='jaybird']The PS3 60GBs are gone. I just went in to order and got this lovely message:

"We're sorry. This item is no longer available. As we stated earlier, our supply was limited, and that supply didn't last long. Below, you'll see a few things you might like instead. "

And they then listed a bunch of games at MSRP.

So if you got picked for something else - order NOW because they ain't honoring everyone who "won".[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an airline...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Regarding HDTVs:

You can't even watch all broadcast content if your HDTV doesn't support all formats.

HDTV has an actual meaning. It isn't "This TV is really high-resolution!!!!" It means the TV supports specific formats and contains an ATSC tuner.

You may have an HD monitor. You may have a TV that supports high definition, but if you don't run all four formats, you *BY DEFINITION* do NOT HAVE AN HDTV.[/QUOTE]

No again your wrong... Your confusing HD Ready and HD Built in. Again if your TV can support a HD Resolution then by definition of the ATSC it is a HDTV. But at this point its a Pissing contest, also take a look there are also older TVs that do all 4 but but have a ATSC tuner. HD ready is technically a monitor due to the fact it needs an outside source to give it HD so I will concied that fact . However you do not need all 4 Resolutions to have an HDTV...

[quote name='Wolfpup']If your TV doesn't do 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i, it's not an HDTV.[/QUOTE]

And then what if they change the standard to include that the TV has to do 1080p as well? Then everyone who bought a TV that doesn't do 1080p didn't buy HD set? That's a retarded line of thought since with ATSC's DTV standards, they consider 720p and 1080i as HD. The Grand Alliance's DTV standards ups that by one by including 1080p. Any television that handles any one of those streams is considered HD.

[quote name='coolzero']I get hurry and pick a Wii before Amazon runs of out of supply[/quote]

RegalSin much?

But yeah, can't believe Amazon managed to screw this up again.

[quote name='Kendro']RegalSin much?

But yeah, can't believe Amazon managed to screw this up again.[/QUOTE]

For all we know that guy was just trying to discourage people from buying as to increase his spillover chances :)

But yeah, can't believe Amazon managed to screw this up again.

_christmas_story.jpg

"O-kay, Asinine Am-a-zon...now...you...get...yours!"

(

[quote name='getmyrunon']For all we know that guy was just trying to discourage people from buying as to increase his spillover chances :)[/QUOTE]

Nah it's some kind of glitch in their system. I had to keep trying but finally was able to get one. There's a thread about it on the vote page under "Customer Discussions".

Sorry for the false alarm but I was pissed when that came up for me and didn't try again before I posted.

Wow, I actually "won" the 60GB PS3. After winning a 360 from the Mountain Dew contest last year, I'm starting to wonder if this is more than a coincidence...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Regarding HDTVs:

You may have an HD monitor. You may have a TV that supports high definition, but if you don't run all four formats, you *BY DEFINITION* do NOT HAVE AN HDTV.[/quote]

I don't know where you are getting your "definition" of HDTV...but here are a couple:

"[SIZE=-1]The ATSC defines HDTV as a 16:9 image with twice the horizontal and vertical resolution of our existing system, accompanied by 5.1 channels of Dolby Digital audio. The CEA defines HDTV as an image with 720 progressive or 1080 interlaced active (top to bottom) scan lines. 1280:720p and 1920:1080i are typically accepted as high-definition scan rates."

HDTVs are either 720p native or 1080i native (excluding the newer 1080p TVs). They are not both. If you have an LCD, you cannot display 1080i. period. If you have an RPTV that is 1080i native, you cannot display 720p. period.

The LCD will take the 1080i signal and scale it to 720p and the RPTV will take a 720p signal and scale it to 1080i.

Some networks, NBC, CBS, are 1080i while others, ABC, FOX, ESPN are 720p. Your TV will convert the signal to its native display.

If your TV does not have an HD Tuner (HDTV Monitor), your TV, "BY DEFINITION", is still an HDTV because it can display an HD signal of either 1080i OR 720p.

To recap... 1080i OR 720p = HDTV

Class is dismissed

[/SIZE]

Yeah i didnt win anything (i am starting to think my parents gave me a dead CC # to get me not to buy anything lol)
And i hope wolfpup is not correct, i dont think my TV can handle 720...

As I had expected. No go for me and the PS3. Probably wouldn't have picked it up anyways as the holidays are taking a heavy toll and my wallet. Could have at least distributed the code or picked it up for a friend though. Oh well.

Yay! I got a PS3 20GB in my shopping cart! And I can't afford it! How lame.

I thought I'd have enough money, but no go now that I've done my Christmas shopping. =[

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Anyone know how they ship second day items? I have a long, ugly history with UPS so I'm really hoping they don't go with the brown.[/quote]

Almost positive that my second day items were shipped UPS. Sorry

If anyone wants a 60GB PS3, pm me. Ill buy one after you paypal me the price of the PS3 (plus a lil for me) and I will have it overnighted to you. Note: Amazon says it will not be delivered till after the holiday.

Woo wii, I wonder if it'll get here quick enough to turn around on ebay. Prob have to opt in for next day shipping for that.

[quote name='purduealum91']To those ordering the Wii, from what I understand, it too, with overnight, will be arriving AFTER Christmas![/QUOTE]

Mine shows

Delivery estimate: December 21, 2006 (More about estimates)

[quote name='toogood']Question: Does anybody know if Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Blue-ray is still included with the ps3?[/QUOTE]

The last 60g I picked up no longer had it this was a week ago at TRU

bread's done
Back