Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/

VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/

Do you guys think this is enough to ask for a partial refund from Amazon? I bought COD:Ghosts in Very Good condition and it came in a DVD case with the disc not even securely attached.

UVHVerB.jpg

I got a bad feeling my NFS copy is gonna be the same when it comes tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think this is enough to ask for a partial refund from Amazon? I bought COD:Ghosts in Very Good condition and it came in a DVD case with the disc not even securely attached.

UVHVerB.jpg
I think it comes down to how often do you buy or plan on buying from AWD. If not that often, then absolutely contact them about it. If you plan on buying from AWD often, then maybe not. After hearing someone else on this thread getting banned for too many returns/price adjustments, I am more careful what I call about. That is just my opinon on the matter.

UVHVerB.jpg

this is how my madden & lego came lol

UVHVerB.jpg

Absolutely. This is not "very good" in any way. I would say this is "acceptable"

[pic edit]

My GTA5 just came like that so I checked the item description on the seller feedback page. Sure enough it said "Item not in the original case." So it was my fault for not reading the description in my haste.

Currently looking for at least one Wii U Pro Controller to pop up cheap. I wish some of the local Best Buys or Wal-Marts would sell some cheap like some stores are doing elsewhere. They are about $50 at all my local places unfortunately.

UVHVerB.jpg

Did you read the description? It probably mentioned either repackaged or not in original case. Id say half of the ps4 games i bought came in bluray cases, which is even worse than this, because the artwork gets crumpled, as those cases are too small. I wouldnt complain, just read the description next time.

Did you read the description? It probably mentioned either repackaged or not in original case. Id say half of the ps4 games i bought came in bluray cases, which is even worse than this, because the artwork gets crumpled, as those cases are too small. I wouldnt complain, just read the description next time.
I'm pretty sure this should have been graded as acceptable. I don't think games with unoriginal packaging are supposed to get grades higher than acceptable. Per Amazon's definitions:

• Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Yeah, I think I didn't read past the "DLC may not be included" part. I guess I'll won't ask for a refund since I'll probably be trading them in to Gamestop eventually.

But IDK, I'll see how Rivals is and email Amazon about it later this week.

I think it comes down to how often do you buy or plan on buying from AWD. If not that often, then absolutely contact them about it. If you plan on buying from AWD often, then maybe not. After hearing someone else on this thread getting banned for too many returns/price adjustments, I am more careful what I call about. That is just my opinon on the matter.
My sentimnets exactly. Pick and choose your battles. I understand that what we are buying is considered used so it comes with the territory. My ps3 COD:G came in the same way. It was complete so I just switched the case with a spare I had laying around.

To the op;

Ps4 cases aren't a plenty yet so you can use a bd or ps3 case temporarily (if you have spare one around).

Also of note, holiday time is the worse for the graders since last year we went through similar scenarios where packaging was like so and had other mix ups. Realistically, I expect some snafu and mixups but nothing too drastic (out of the norm).

I'm pretty sure this should have been graded as acceptable. I don't think games with unoriginal packaging are supposed to get grades higher than acceptable. Per Amazon's definitions:

• Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
I'm not sure where you got that definition, but this page says differently, though it doesn't specifically mention "video game" like your defintion. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_355338222_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000656811&pf_rd_m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&pf_rd_s=left-3&pf_rd_r=1GVBSNBPBZJGG9TMSPJ7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1523197482&pf_rd_i=1267877011

I can say I got a Very Good copy of AC4 that was in the same case as shown in the picture, though I wasn't keeping the game anyway, so it didn't matter. Like a couple others have said, Amazon will take note if they see you returning too many things, so choose wisely whether this is worth complaining about.

Yeah, the AWD definition would be the one to follow - especially because AWD is not considered part of amazon, but a third party seller.

If you're bitching about minor discrepancies like the size of the case your game came in, keep in mind this is NOT Amazon.com where you are buying new items. You are getting warehouse snafus and likely repackaged items due to smashed/broken cases & packaging at a pretty damn good discount.

Griping over something as little as this is absolutely ludicrous. If the game disc came bent or heavily scratched, that's one thing. Getting it in excellent condition with artwork in a DVD case instead of original PS4 case is completely different.

In other words: Quit yer bitchin'. :)

I had 2 locked in for it. Not sure why it isnt showing that for you. It was;

PS3 500 GB Gran Theft Auto V Bundle
Platform:
browse-icon-ps3._V192599300_.gif
PlayStation 3
EAN: 0711719992882

Like New $254.59 Good $240.44 Acceptable $183.87
Must have been for a short period because the $197 was two days ago and the TIV tracker never captured it. Too bad it doesn't update a little more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back