Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/

VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/

I think too that at the end of November was when the deals were starting to taper off. Hopefully in the new year, more deals will start to show up. I was able to find a decent deal for a fan controller but that was about it.

It seems so bad now with AWD that maybe they are under pressure from publishers to stop supporting it in return for something or maybe taxes have killed the margins or maybe it's what everyone else has been saying 

idk if its been posted but a chromecast is 24.98 with promo code 7CGHXJ2C if you are part of amazon student. Its not a warehouse deal...but thought people may wanna know...

idk if its been posted but a chromecast is 24.98 with promo code 7CGHXJ2C if you are part of amazon student. Its not a warehouse deal...but thought people may wanna know...
I need to look into Chromecast, only the faintest idea of what it is and no idea if it's worth it but the price seems nice.

IIRC the warehouse at Christmas time suffers from inflated prices on a lot of items for some reason..But that could just be my imagination. 

Anybody get the wrong system sent to you recently? I bought a 32 GB Black Wii U from AWD, only to receive a Black Wii (it was barcoded incorrectly). Did you get something back in addition to your refund?
This cracks me up. Nintendo definitely has brand awareness issues with Wii / Wii U.

For what it's worth, both my brother and cousin are infatuated by their Chromecasts.

I can't see why I'd have any use for it, though.
Well glancing at it the thing seems to mainly stream from the browser and as long as it can be used with Hulu without paying for Hulu Plus that alone would justify the $25 to me.

I need to look into Chromecast, only the faintest idea of what it is and no idea if it's worth it but the price seems nice.
I had one for a little while. It could be cool, but I bought it to replace the bedroom 360 for Netflix. When I bought it, I didn't research it as much as I should have. I thought it was more like a Roku in the sense that it played Netflix and whatnot directly from it. It turned out that Netflix (or whatever) played from a device like your phone, tablet or computer and simply shot the single to the Chromecast. Of course, simple research would have told me this.

I just didn't like having to use my phone as a remote. When watching Netflix at 11pm in bed, the last thing I want is to find my phone, punch in my password, find the app and then navigate through the software with a bright ass light in my face. It's really just me being a wiener, but it wasn't for me.

However, it was pretty cool when it was in my living room and I was streaming my PC monitor onto the Chromecast.

tl;dr Look into it first. It can be cool, but it wasn't for me.

So I got a Ys Celceta Silver Anniversary in Good condition. I just noticed that it didn't have the 3 music CD's. Should something in Good condition have that?

I had one for a little while. It could be cool, but I bought it to replace the bedroom 360 for Netflix. When I bought it, I didn't research it as much as I should have. I thought it was more like a Roku in the sense that it played Netflix and whatnot directly from it. It turned out that Netflix (or whatever) played from a device like your phone, tablet or computer and simply shot the single to the Chromecast. Of course, simple research would have told me this.
Incorrect. Netflix, hbogo, etc play natively on the chromecast. Your phone, tablet, or pc are just used to control it.

Yeah I'm going to read some reviews but that was the quick impression I got about how it worked. For $25 it could be worth it so I'll do some reading.
Ive had one since they launch (35 bucks and 3 free months of netflix, so it was basically 11 bucks). Absolutely love it.

I have a samsung tv and when I select anything to play on it, it will automatically switch to that input which is cool. Youtube netflix, hbogo all work great on it. You can stream tabs from Chrome as well which can be useful for various things. I mostly use it to stream Chelsea matches since i refuse to pay for Soccer2go from fox just to get UEFA Champions League matches that are not aired on the fox stations I already pay for.

Its a really cheap way to stream netflix if nothing else and it just works. Usually use my phone to control it. There will be a little chromecast icon in the app and you hit it and tell it to stream to whatever you name your chromecast when you set it up. Have to use a pc to do that, little program you download to connect it to your network. After that it updates it self automatically, I havent used the set up app since then.

Google is adding more and more support, at first it basically just did netflix and youtube, but they added in hbogo, hulu, and most importantly plex which allows you to stream your own local content through it now. Havent personally messed with that yet but plan to eventually.

I couldnt be happier with the purchase and recommend getting one if you need a streamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got a Ys Celceta Silver Anniversary in Good condition. I just noticed that it didn't have the 3 music CD's. Should something in Good condition have that?
That stinks, man. Not to rub it in, but the music is pretty darn good in that game. Hope you're able to come to some sort of resolution with AMZ.

I wouldn't throw a fit over it but it's worth asking nicely about and stating that the item description led you to believe that they should have been included.

Incorrect. Netflix, hbogo, etc play natively on the chromecast. Your phone, tablet, or pc are just used to control it.
I don't believe this is correct. At least, not the way I used it. There were no apps or anything like that on the Chromecast. In order to play Netflix or Hulu you had to launch the app on your phone and then click the "Stream to" (or whatever) button in the app. This is also explains why the Netflix stream stopped when I restarted my phone. The app closed down when the phone restarted and it stopped the stream to the Chromecast.

I don't believe this is correct. At least, not the way I used it. There were no apps or anything like that on the Chromecast. In order to play Netflix or Hulu you had to launch the app on your phone and then click the "Stream to" (or whatever) button in the app. This is also explains why the Netflix stream stopped when I restarted my phone. The app closed down when the phone restarted and it stopped the stream to the Chromecast.
From what I've read he's right that Netflix, YouTube and other approved things just do their own thing and the smartphone just controls them and isn't actively streaming anything but still has to be open. That's only for approved things though with that support built in. Everything else then has to be streamed from Chrome.

From what I've read he's right that Netflix, YouTube and other approved things just do their own thing and the smartphone just controls them and isn't actively streaming anything but still has to be open. That's only for approved things though with that support built in. Everything else then has to be streamed from Chrome.
The Chromecast pulls it from the source and hosts it in the cloud, all your phone does is control it (you could turn it off and it would still keep playing; maybe your wifi went out for a sec and CC couldn't verify your Netflix account). Right now they have Plex (w/ Plex Pass sub; 1st access to beta features like CC) and Avia which is huge for the device because it was lacking local media playback. I love Plex bc I can watch my whole library anywhere in the world as long as my PC is on (you can use a NAS if you want a more power efficient device) and supports subtitles along with alternate audio tracks.

Pokemon X is up for those who still trying to get it. I believe $23.xx
$23.75 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0053B5RGI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1387273067&sr=1-1

For anyone who's still considering the Chromecast here's a long but really thorough overview of it and how it works from Tested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_45_P8Irz4

While it's cheap I really don't think it's going to quite cut it and the PS3 could do just about everything Chromecast does better. Still can't get Hulu to my TV without paying for it but oh well.

Edit- Well nothing popped up since then and I haven't been able to sleep (fell asleep during that awful football game) so you all get to be subjected to this:

zat4.jpg

The thing about PS4 or Xbox one vs everything else is everything else consume a lot less power than a gaming console so you will save money by using just using something else to stream data. I think it's like 120 watt vs 10 watts.

Chromecast is neat, but once you get an xbox one or ps4 it's superfluous
You only have one tv?

Some people, like me, have a house. I have tv in my living room, upstairs in the media room, and also in my bedroom. Media room has all the consoles, tv in bedroom has a roku, and living room tv has a chromecast and an apple tv which ive quit using since i got chromecast.

Between the roku, apple tv, and chromecast, I like the chromecast the best followed by roku. Chromecast is just so simple and using a tablet or my phone to throw on some netflix, hbogo etc on the tv is easy.

Only negative for roku is comcast for some reason wont allow hbogo streaming on it. Which is odd since they allow it on the chromecast. Might have changed that recently, need to check.

Only thing chromecast needs is watchespn and it would have everything I could currently want.

You only have one tv?

Some people, like me, have a house....
Was that really needed. No need to talk down to people on your assumptions of what they mean.

Chromecast is great though but its very limited. I would much rather stream my own media via bluetooth (amazed it wasn't BT to begin with). But if you don't mind paying for Netflix or Hulu (I know I don't) than it's worth having.

I did mess around with it at a friends house and it's a great device. Being able to use Chromecast from multiple phones / tablets was great. End up using it for Youtube though. Mainly b/c it's free and a bunch of shows are on there for free to watch in a playlist.

Either way I have my laptop via HDMI for all my video watching. If I truly want to watch Netflix / Hulu / Youtube I rather watch it on my Nexus 7 in my bed.

Chromecast is really only great when you have multiple people over that want to watch different clips or you're always moving around a home with multiple TV's. Once it gets more support (mainly streaming our own media) than it'll be worth it to me.

You only have one tv?

Some people, like me, have a house. I have tv in my living room, upstairs in the media room, and also in my bedroom. Media room has all the consoles, tv in bedroom has a roku, and living room tv has a chromecast and an apple tv which ive quit using since i got chromecast.

Between the roku, apple tv, and chromecast, I like the chromecast the best followed by roku. Chromecast is just so simple and using a tablet or my phone to throw on some netflix, hbogo etc on the tv is easy.

Only negative for roku is comcast for some reason wont allow hbogo streaming on it. Which is odd since they allow it on the chromecast. Might have changed that recently, need to check.

Only thing chromecast needs is watchespn and it would have everything I could currently want.
I only have one tv and a house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back