Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/

VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/

Finally got my Mario 3DWorld I been waiting to play only for it not to work....First Wind Waker HD and now Mario 3DWorld. For those with a huge backlog like me, make sure you check all of your Wii U games when they arrive. The were both the same and hard lock the Wii U at the loading screen each time and will not go any further regardless how many times I restart it :(

Finally got my Mario 3DWorld I been waiting to play only for it not to work....First Wind Waker HD and now Mario 3DWorld. For those with a huge backlog like me, make sure you check all of your Wii U games when they arrive. The were both the same and hard lock the Wii U at the loading screen each time and will not go any further regardless how many times I restart it :(
Are you serious? That's the same thing Pepsiman was saying the other night. Are there actually copies of Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3d World that just don't work?

I've had issues with both of the WiiU games I've gotten from AWD, but nothing too major.  Rayman Legends has disc read errors when doing the daily/weekly challenges, and SM3DW locked on the loading screen for me once.  I suppose I should consider myself lucky that those have been my only issues.

Are you serious? That's the same thing Pepsiman was saying the other night. Are there actually copies of Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3d World that just don't work?
This isn't the first report, and isn't even the first report from me, so yes it's real. The discs typically look pristine, but fail to load. I've ordered other Wii U games without an issue but it's definitely worth noting that CAG should be checking all Wii U games as soon as they receive them even if the discs look perfect.

Buy new these problems wouldn't appear
Actually, I would argue they would but thanks for the contribution. The issue is most likely a manufacturing defect as the discs look brand new.

Edit: There are also reports online, including Nintendo's Tech Forum of the same issue with Brand New games...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my 250gb ps3 last of us bundle today (looked like a possible dinger).  Everything still wrapped and fingerprint free, last of us still sealed (pleased to see it was physical), works just dandy.  Slightest of wrinkles on one corner of the box.  Quite pleased for $160.

Yeah we were talking about the bad discs the other day before Pepsiman showed up after I finally tried a game from Deptember and it didn't work.

Anyway on a related note I got my Sonic Lost World today and true to the description it had a large cut through the case and art. Kind of a shame since it's the deadly six or whatever cover too. Got it for $17 so I'm not too upset. Well as long as it actually works. :whee:

Crazy that this old game at $30 is a deal. What happened? Did nintendo printed too few of these?

I bought it at around $20 around a year ago. Sold it and been trying to buy it again but I found $30 to be too much.
Yeah I'm surprised by the prices too and it makes how I got it funny to me. I had a friend knock on my door and ask if I wanted to buy his (complete) copy for $15 or he was just going to trade it in. I was happy to help him out.

Yeah we were talking about the bad discs the other day before Pepsiman showed up after I finally tried a game from Deptember and it didn't work.

Anyway on a related note I got my Sonic Lost World today and true to the description it had a large cut through the case and art. Kind of a shame since it's the deadly six or whatever cover too. Got it for $17 so I'm not too upset. Well as long as it actually works. :whee:
its 20 new though

Happy to report that when my AWD LN Kid Icarus arrived today it came with the big outer box, stand, unopened AR cards, and club nintendo code (haven't checked yet to see if it's been used). Overall it looks fantastic!

This isn't the first report, and isn't even the first report from me, so yes it's real. The discs typically look pristine, but fail to load. I've ordered other Wii U games without an issue but it's definitely worth noting that CAG should be checking all Wii U games as soon as they receive them even if the discs look perfect.

Actually, I would argue they would but thanks for the contribution. The issue is most likely a manufacturing defect as the discs look brand new.

Edit: There are also reports online, including Nintendo's Tech Forum of the same issue with Brand New games...
They resurface discs all the time to make them look new and companies been doing for ages.I know they can go bad once they do it alot on one disc.

Yea, I've gotten a few without issues. It's kinda strange that the two faulty ones were ones that I planned on playing as soon as they arrived. Oh well, they gave me a new one for the same price again with one day shipping.

They resurface discs all the time to make them look new and companies been doing for ages.I know they can go bad once they do it alot on one disc.
True, but there are reports of it happening to brand new discs of new releases. In the case of the Wii U discs there is evidence to point to it being a possible defect when the discs were pressed. As I mentioned above there are similar reports of it happening to brand new discs even on Nintendo's Tech forum.

Just got my Call of a Duty Ghosts Hardened Edition (Xbone VG, $48.50) and I was excited to find it in mint condition with unused Season pass codes and bonuses! Now I get to trade in my regular copy for $36 netting me the season pass and extras for $12.50! Best gamble I've made in a long while!

Hurray! Got my ps3 TR:CE in the mail finally! Funny story is it says missingn item over the Lara croft figure but it was included. Low and behold though tomb raider for Xbox 360 was included instead of ps3. Wtf!!!!!

How should I go about handling this? I wanted the ps3 copy =\

Hurray! Got my ps3 TR:CE in the mail finally! Funny story is it says missingn item over the Lara croft figure but it was included. Low and behold though tomb raider for Xbox 360 was included instead of ps3. Wtf!!!!!

LOL

Is NextWorth worth ordering from? Anyone have any opinions on that matter? A few Wii U games I want are available through them for comparable prices as I'd find on AWD but with the Wii U disc issue now I'm just paranoid. (My LN Wonderful 101 came in and worked just fine.)

Is NextWorth worth ordering from? Anyone have any opinions on that matter? A few Wii U games I want are available through them for comparable prices as I'd find on AWD but with the Wii U disc issue now I'm just paranoid. (My LN Wonderful 101 came in and worked just fine.)
I think the WiiU thing is a couple bad discs being returned to Amazon, being sent to AWD who don't care if it actually works, then it just gets cycled through until someone finally makes enough stink they just tell them to keep it..

Well you can make a stink to CS and maybe get a couple dollars back but get the mark on your account. Or you can trade the game to BBY for. $10 and I'll sell you a PS3 copy for $6 shipped.

Well you can make a stink to CS and maybe get a couple dollars back but get the mark on your account. Or you can trade the game to BBY for. $10 and I'll sell you a PS3 copy for $6 shipped.
You don't think they would do much to fix this problem? Clearly the wrong product. Hmm tempting as that is I want to see what amazon is willing to do first as I've never had an issue ever before.

You don't think they would do much to fix this problem? Clearly the wrong product. Hmm tempting as that is I want to see what amazon is willing to do first as I've never had an issue ever before.
From experience they'll offer you a full refund to return it or like half off and get to keep it. Personally not worth it to have that mark on your account when you can trade the game to BBY for a profit. I prefer to save my complaining for bigger issues.

FWIW they offered me a new one at the same AWD price on both WWHD and 3D World with next day shipping. IDK if thats what they did for others but thought it may be useful for you to know.

From experience they'll offer you a full refund to return it or like half off and get to keep it. Personally not worth it to have that mark on your account when you can trade the game to BBY for a profit. I prefer to save my complaining for bigger issues.
I complain about anything that's worth complaining. If they don't do so etching correctly it should be corrected, they can't dock my account because I complain to much if all the complaints are valid.

I complain about anything that's worth complaining. If they don't do so etching correctly it should be corrected, they can't dock my account because I complain to much if all the complaints are valid.
They certainly can, the same way that Target or BBY or anyone else can block you from returns if they decide to whether it's valid or not. Amazon clearly doesn't throw such things around but why add something into whatever metric they use for those decisions when you can come out ahead as is without complaining? Even if they decide to refund and let you keep it they just made an exception for you over an $8 item.

They certainly can, the same way that Target or BBY or anyone else can block you from returns if they decide to whether it's valid or not. Amazon clearly doesn't throw such things around but why add something into whatever metric they use for those decisions when you can come out ahead as is without complaining? Even if they decide to refund and let you keep it they just made an exception for you over an $8 item.

Right and I agree with you, I'm just saying, hypothetically, if I buy 50 games and 30 times they give me the wrong game and I complain 30 times about it, it shouldn't be held against me because they screwed up.

I complain all the time for valid reasons and have been a Prime member for 6 years.

This marking of account stuff is nothing but BS.

If you have a valid claim there is nothing wrong with complaining plain and simple.

There will be a time when Amazon stops offering $5-$20 CSR credits and when that day comes then u can stop complaining

The guy ordered a PS3 game and got a Xbox 360 game and this is not a cause for complaint?

Even if the game was $1. You are ordering, paying, and waiting for the wrong item to arrive. Complain, get your full refund, and enjoy your Amazon experience!

Right and I agree with you, I'm just saying, hypothetically, if I buy 50 games and 30 times they give me the wrong game and I complain 30 times about it, it shouldn't be held against me because they screwed up.
I agree also but they csn, and will, ban accounts for returns. It's not worth the risk in some cases when the deal is already amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back