Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/

VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/

I asked this and other questions about how to go about things on AWD (payment trick, etc.) several times to no avail. Mainly it's because I really would like to help contribute to the thread too instead of just the 1 or 2 members mainly doing all the updates. It seems that these things are some big secret no one wishes to divulge for some reason.
I don't post a lot because I can get pretty busy and I'm not an expert like some of the others, but I honestly don't think that there are really any tricks to finding stuff and that's why these questions don't get answered. There are a few techniques you can use:

1) For popular items/ items you know you want, you need to find the AWD page for it and keep it open with one of the extensions that monitors page changes (I don't use them but they should be pretty easy to find for Firefox and Chrome, and I think IE). There is a trick that allows you to find an AWD page even if AWD does not have the item in stock at the time. I think it involves finding the item ID in regular Amazon and then pasting it into an AWD url, but I haven't done it in a while.

2) You can also add a bunch of items from AWD to your "Saved for later" and check on it regularly. If the prices have changed, there may have been a restock. This is not the most accurate method and really you should simply monitor the number of items listed on the AWD page itself, but this can be another way to keep track of things.

3) Go through the pages one by one. Obviously it's time consuming, but sometimes things pop up in random places. The time it takes is probably one of the reasons not as many people do the big posts with lots of items (and why I am very thankful for everyone who contributes and even posting a few items from time to time is helpful because it can highlight something I pass over when speeding through the pages).

4) Be lucky

I don't post a lot because I can get pretty busy and I'm not an expert like some of the others, but I honestly don't think that there are really any tricks to finding stuff and that's why these questions don't get answered. There are a few techniques you can use:...
Thank you for the tips, I will try them all out! I appreciate any insight into this because some answer is better than absolutely none. The search feature on AWD is crap so I still think there is another way that people are finding so many items so fast.

I'm very thankful for the work that is put into updating this thread and wish I could contribute more. There might be more participation and less lurkers if the AWD site was not so broken and we helped each other out more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not familiar with this. Is this an add on? (Like check for change) I've spent the last few minutes googling but haven't had any success. Thanks in advance.
Lol. It was a joke. Dealseeker is a member of CAG who frequently posts here with deals.

Hey DealSeeker, I'm curious as to what page you check mainly, I have not been able to get any of these sub $3-2 games to appear no matter where I look, I have to go directly to the game itself
Honestly 2u could answer it better, but if you are looking for cheap games did you try switching from new and popular to price low to high? I never usually come across anything good that 2u has not already posted!
I asked this and other questions about how to go about things on AWD (payment trick, etc.) several times to no avail. Mainly it's because I really would like to help contribute to the thread too instead of just the 1 or 2 members mainly doing all the updates. It seems that these things are some big secret no one wishes to divulge for some reason.
Like Glass_Ghost said himself the listing itself is broken but that itself is a clue. The trick that I use is no trick at all. It involves me having 3 tabs of the main page open and monitoring the inventory. Two of them use a refresher extension (check4change in Mozilla) few minutes apart and one tab is left the way it was. When the games come in the inventory will go up. Based on that I can compare with the other pages, that one of them is refreshing few minutes apart and one of them is static, where the uptick in inventory exactly was. Now I can narrow it down to either which console maker (Nintendo, Sony, or xbox) or zone in to which publisher (Ubisoft, Microsoft, Sony, etc.) and see what was added based on the difference in inventory between the 2 tabs. The static tab I will refresh once in a while mainly to see where the big rise in inventory took place between restocks.

Also of note, when the inventory rises the order of publishers on the left hand column changes to reflect that. The publishers for whom a restock is incoming will show on left hand column vs one that did not get one or get less compared to the other publishers. What that means is the incoming stock is reflected in those columns along with the breakdown via which console maker (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft).

For specific items that I am going to pick up, I will either set an alert via pagemonitor (for Chrome) or check4change on the warehouse end of that page and direct link to that item (like say Bravely Default CE). When the item comes in stock the alert will go off and I will know about it (given I am home or near my computer).

Skeeter as far as the payment trick is concerned, Eldritch posted about it in this thread in some depth. The summary of which is that he has one of the empty prepaid cards on file with Amazon that he will place an order with on items he wanted to put on hold (to think about or when he got credit in to put it towards that item) and then switch method of payment afterwards as Amazon will just put it on hold due to insufficient funds. I haven't done it so I can't say how exactly that works but Eld has done it and it works for him.

Seriously considering Persona 4. Can someone tell me what I would be missing from the Vita version if I get the PS2 version? I don't have a Vita and really don't plan on getting one.
Think of the vita version as the definite extended version and or director's cut version. There were things added in the vita version such as:

• Rebalanced characters, tag team attacks and calvalry attacks
  • New Difficulty levels
  • More Personas including new Ultimate Personas
  • An extended epilogue
  • 2 New Social Links (Marie and Adachi)
  • Additional scenes spread out through the game that include some extra playable months
  • A new dungeon
  • Some new endings
  • Can walk around a few places after dark and interact with characters.
  • More beaches and shores
  • More voice work (with new voices for Teddie and Chie)
  • Several new songs
  • More Costumes
  • "TV Listings" menu; see bonus unlocked content through the game as tv show.
  • A nice media feature that's outside of the main game. Can listen to songs from the game, watch a few concert videos, play quiz show, etc.
Their were some other additions too but those are some of the noticeable ones.

the major and most noticable difference that is shocking you left out was skill select via fusion. it takes away the hours of work refreshing a menu to get the skills you want. 

the ps2 version is still very good. I would say if you plan on getting a vita tv though down the road or a regular vita when they go on sale you should pick up p4g now since its been popping up pretty cheap.

and despite rebalancing all it did was turn naoto into a jack of all trades master of none and make yukiko more useful than yosuke. they not only need to rebalance the characters but the entire game as well. until they make more enemies weak to physical attacks physical type characters like chie and kanji will forever be benched for healer buffer debuffer magic spammers like yosuke teddie and yukiko.

persona basically suffers from pokemon gen 1 stuff.  hmm a good idea would be to add a 3 tier elemental physical attack move set. just like bufu and bufula there should be ice shot and ice gatling.

Whats the cheapest you've seen the new Xbox 360 E (4GB or 250 GB). I've been looking to get a new one since I think my xbox 360 phat is starting to give out :(, weird sounds. I have an extra HDD from my ps3 320gb but i'm not 100% sure it'll work on a xbox 360 if I reformat it using one of hte popular programs (if someone can chime in that would be great!). If I can, I would prefer the 4GB one since I know its cheaper and I'll get a bigger hard drive than the 250 GB (I know xbox 360 can't go past 320gb because of the formatting).

Maybe it's just me, but the payment trick seems shady as hell. If it's for a couple hours while you get Kindle cards from GS or BB I can understand...but a few days is a dick move since it shorts the product availability. Just my $.02

the major and most noticable difference that is shocking you left out was skill select via fusion. it takes away the hours of work refreshing a menu to get the skills you want.
Completely forgot about that and yes that is a major one.

Whats the cheapest you've seen the new Xbox 360 E (4GB or 250 GB). I've been looking to get a new one since I think my xbox 360 phat is starting to give out :(, weird sounds. I have an extra HDD from my ps3 320gb but i'm not 100% sure it'll work on a xbox 360 if I reformat it using one of hte popular programs (if someone can chime in that would be great!). If I can, I would prefer the 4GB one since I know its cheaper and I'll get a bigger hard drive than the 250 GB (I know xbox 360 can't go past 320gb because of the formatting).
4gb ones go from $118 ~ $147 whereas the 250gb ones have been spotted at $181 ~ $247.

Maybe it's just me, but the payment trick seems shady as hell. If it's for a couple hours while you get Kindle cards from GS or BB I can understand...but a few days is a dick move since it shorts the product availability. Just my $.02
It is shady and I can't see that working in someone's favor for far too long when money is involved. I don't approve of it or ever plan of doing it but someone asked so I answered.

Back on topic:

:ps4: :ps3: :pc: Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Stereo Headset (A) $68.99
:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (LN) $36.98

:ps3: PS3 250GB The Last of Us Bundle (LN) $184.88

Fudge. I guess I'll skip the PS2 version. I will probably get a PS Vita TV or whatever they call it sooner or later. Then again when I get that PS4 I'm gonna want a Vita. Thanks for the help, you guys continue to impress.

Thank you for explaining it i was wondering for the extension check4change how do you make it refresh as it needs to select words that change do you use it specifically or just the whole amazon page

I got my holiday bundle (250 GB) with Halo 4 and Tomb Raider for $16x.xx. It was a dinger.

Just a heads up on the Day One Xbox's from AWD, Im betting they are new. I work for amazon and over the last 2 weeks these have been coming in like crazy. At first it was 3-4 pallets worth with about 50+ units on each one. Now we have close to 10 pallets. I took a look at them resently and the are not tagged different. I could be wrong but these are not showing up on the normal website.

This isn't available any more but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this headset I'm thinking about getting one for my PS3/PS4 and.
I wouldn't recommend it. The battery life is bad, at about 4-5 hours, and it's one of the most uncomfortable headsets I've ever worn. The leather earpads are extremely stiff and unforgiving, which is a big no-no for me, especially since I wear glasses. Sony's "Bassimpact" feature is useless, but the rest of the sound quality is fine.

This isn't available any more but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this headset I'm thinking about getting one for my PS3/PS4 and.
I own it and I really enjoy it. I wear glasses and it isn't uncomfortable to wear, maybe just depends on the style of glasses. I have seen some people post about the durability of them in the long run but I have had my pair since before the PS4 launch and I have had no issues.

Do any of you gurus know why at times the Amazon Warehouse Deals Video Games front page has things broken down into more categories?

For example, at times it has Xbox, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, etc. while at other times it just has Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo.

Completely forgot about that and yes that is a major one.

4gb ones go from $118 ~ $147 whereas the 250gb ones have been spotted at $181 ~ $247.

It is shady and I can't see that working in someone's favor for far too long when money is involved. I don't approve of it or ever plan of doing it but someone asked so I answered.

Back on topic:

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (LN) $36.98

:ps3: PS3 250GB The Last of Us Bundle (LN) $184.88
Cool, definitely thinking about the Xbox 360 E 4GB. I don't even care if it doesn't come with TR and halo 4.

Just a heads up on the Day One Xbox's from AWD, Im betting they are new. I work for amazon and over the last 2 weeks these have been coming in like crazy. At first it was 3-4 pallets worth with about 50+ units on each one. Now we have close to 10 pallets. I took a look at them resently and the are not tagged different. I could be wrong but these are not showing up on the normal website.
Shows how bad the one sales are overall. I wonder if they can turn it around in a few years until then ps4 for most. It sucks all this gs wasted imo... But hell gs means nothing anyways but it is an fun addiction. Well here is hoping they turn it around in a couple years.

Media spin was great for PS4 over the launch cycle.  XB1 tripped over themselves in front of everyone (short sighted dolts) and that's all people remember I guess. I sit here with only a PS4 thinking I should have started looking for a XB1 first.  I bought one so we could play madden so either would have been fine.  But XB1 at least has Ryse and DR3 to spend some time there while PS4's line up is well, knack...  and killzone.  I'll play killzone for sure but a console grabber, heck no.  This isn't fan boy crap either, I will have both for the life of the systems.  It was simply a comment on the supply/demand issue and why demand is skewed.

I'm tempted on one of those Xbox One's too, but I don't really need it. There aren't any games I actually care about, and Dark Souls II comes out shortly, which should keep me occupied for awhile.

These are a good choice if you only want to use them for Sony products. They are very easy to use and setup (also great for swapping between consoles since the dongle doesn't need wires). The other comments made here are both valid, but a lot of it comes down to personal preference. I have a big head, but find that these are comfortable. The Bass Impact is basically worthless (at least to me) and I keep it turned down, but the overall sound quality is very good. The biggest complaint I have about these is the chat functionality. The sidetone that allows you to hear yourself in the speaker is extremely quiet, so I find chatting with them a little annoying. I prefer my Turtle Beach XP500's to this in almost every way, but those Turtle Beach's are much more expensive. This is a good value priced alternative.

If you are interested in these, I would wait for the newer version coming out soon since the battery life sounds longer and they may have made other small improvements (hopefully sidetone).

Media spin was great for PS4 over the launch cycle. XB1 tripped over themselves in front of everyone (short sighted dolts) and that's all people remember I guess. I sit here with only a PS4 thinking I should have started looking for a XB1 first. I bought one so we could play madden so either would have been fine. But XB1 at least has Ryse and DR3 to spend some time there while PS4's line up is well, knack... and killzone. I'll play killzone for sure but a console grabber, heck no. This isn't fan boy crap either, I will have both for the life of the systems. It was simply a comment on the supply/demand issue and why demand is skewed.
I picked up both at launch. I admit that the PS4 appears to be leading at this point but I prefer my XB1. I actually enjoy the voice commands. I have a number of games for both systems but the only ones I have played so far are Ryse (which I finished), Madden (Xb1) and Killzone. Of the three, Killzone was a distant 3rd for me and as a result I just have not gotten much out of my PS4.

I don't really know that anyone could argue with the momentum that the PS4 has but I completely understand your second guessing yourself.

It's not really second guessing, I'll have both, could now just don't care as madden was only thing we wanted to play now.  It was more a commentary on the the PS4's supposed popularity with the constant low stock and AWD sniping while XB1 just sits there innocently, probably being the better system to have since launch.  Interest times ahead!  Hopefully it gets really competitive and they both have to offer up some hot incentives to 1 up each other, can dream right?

Do any of you gurus know why at times the Amazon Warehouse Deals Video Games front page has things broken down into more categories?

For example, at times it has Xbox, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, etc. while at other times it just has Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo.
Clicking on Video Games in the black Amazon warehouse deals banner gets you to the Nintendo / PlayStation / XBox breakout. If you clicked on Video Games on the left side bar, it'll breakout to specific platforms.

It's not really second guessing, I'll have both, could now just don't care as madden was only thing we wanted to play now. It was more a commentary on the the PS4's supposed popularity with the constant low stock and AWD sniping while XB1 just sits there innocently, probably being the better system to have since launch. Interest times ahead! Hopefully it gets really competitive and they both have to offer up some hot incentives to 1 up each other, can dream right?
Don't forget KILLER INSTINCT!! and peggle 2

Just received a $25.xx :ps4: Madden NFL 25 that was (G) -- came with case, insert and game unscathed. No shrink wrap, but everything else looks new. One more for the good guys. Thanks AWD!

My only issue right now is that I cancelled a Day One X1 preorder that would have been $400 after credit anyway, so a used (or dinger) for $50 more doesn't feel like a great deal. Especially since I'm using my 360 and PS3 more than my launch PS4 right now, and outside of Titanfall and Forza there are no X1 games I'm looking forward to much.

Shows how bad the one sales are overall. I wonder if they can turn it around in a few years until then ps4 for most. It sucks all this gs wasted imo... But hell gs means nothing anyways but it is an fun addiction. Well here is hoping they turn it around in a couple years.
I really like my x1. I play it almost as much as my ps4. I really don't understand how people say the sales suck :/ a few million in a couple months with decent exclusives is hardly a flop.

The sales for the Xbox One are incredible anyone saying otherwise is a blind fanboy.

3 Million Sales in under 2 months is incredible however you spin it, yes it may not be as high as the PS4 but for having to deal with a ton of negative press AND being $100 more expensive it's still a really good number.

Of course the PS4 is selling better but given the fact it's in a lot more countries than the Xbox One, it's $100 cheaper than the Xbox One, and Sony has had nothing but good press compared to every beating on the Xbox One you could understand why.

Personally I think given the high stock of the Xbox One Microsoft did indeed over focus on the USA when they could have launched those units elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back