Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

PLAYSTATION VITA LINKS:
(Check here frequently for Playstation Vita's. Please, everyone stop posting how they are in stock every five minutes. The links are located here, so when someone wants to check, they can. Feel free to continue posting about Vita games and accessories that come in stock.)

Wifi Vita
3G/Wifi Vita
FEB Vita

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my like new White Dual Shock 3 today and even though it came repackaged it looks and feels brand new. Thanks again walterj13 for posting ;)

[quote name='matthewhsh2002']is this good price for AC?
any CAG thought on the game?

scared to buy UBI soft games, they always drop even more after I buy them[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't drop lower then this for a while. Just remember that the online requires a pass.

If you haven't played an AC game it's definitely worth playing.

scared to buy UBI soft games, they always drop even more after I buy them[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is probably the best price you'll see in a while and I think it's worth it. You get a free 3 day trial for the online portion of the game if that makes any difference to you.

[quote name='newbslice']Has anyone seen Forza 4 hit here yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes a bunch of times, but usually not too great of a price. I think it has been $30 the last few times.

Brotherhood has only recently dropped past that, so it's a good price point. Also, that game, and all other AC games excluding 1, are great. I'm a huge fan of the series.

Even so, that's a great price for the game. It'll probably drop to around there sometime in the summer, like what happened with Brotherhood. I paid the full MSRP for Revelations when I picked it up at midnight release and I don't regret it for a second. And if you luck out, you might even get an unused Uplay Passport. The multiplayer is tons of fun, though a lot of people tend to dismiss it as a sideshow. Ironically, I've barely touched the story. :lol:

Where would you recommend somebody to start in the series? I still haven't played the first, but I do own that at least. Are there any GOTY editions with codes I have to get, or can I just go with used/plat editions and get the online passes-thingies for the same price?

Oh, and 360 or PS3?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Where would you recommend somebody to start in the series? I still haven't played the first, but I do own that at least. Are there any GOTY editions with codes I have to get, or can I just go with used/plat editions and get the online passes-thingies for the same price?

Oh, and 360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

I think you start with AC2. The first has fairly important story elements but the gameplay was nowhere near as refined as it is in 2. I think you'd be fine to read the plot of the first game then start playing 2.

[quote name='colton1106']I think you start with AC2. The first has fairly important story elements but the gameplay was nowhere near as refined as it is in 2. I think you'd be fine to read the plot of the first game then start playing 2.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but then if he plays AC1 first, then he'll be able to see the enormous improvement AC2 is over it and therefore appreciate it more. ;)

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Where would you recommend somebody to start in the series?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'll differ from the other opinions here and say just start with Revelations. I'm 75% through revelations and have played the earlier three. I consider the story and characters to be pretty weak. It's a good game and the core gameplay is fun. But the gameplay and missions are very, very similar to previous games - just tweaked to be a little bit better.

Assassin's Creed 1 was just boring. If the game had been 8 hours or so that'd be more then enough, but the fact it's 12+ hours of doing the same thing (following people then pickpocketing for that whole damn duration) you're better off just skipping it. Assassin's Creed 2 was such a huge improvement that it basically plays how you wanted the first to be. Brotherhood does enough minor improvements to be enjoyable that really looking back it's even tougher to justify some of AC1's gameplay choices. So start at 2 and onwards.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Yes, but then if he plays AC1 first, then he'll be able to see the enormous improvement AC2 is over it and therefore appreciate it more. ;)[/QUOTE]
very true. plus the epic story that just cant be experienced anywhere else...:roll:

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Where would you recommend somebody to start in the series? I still haven't played the first, but I do own that at least. Are there any GOTY editions with codes I have to get, or can I just go with used/plat editions and get the online passes-thingies for the same price?

Oh, and 360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

No one seemed to answer your last question - I prefer the series on 360. There's no goty type releases (in the US anyways) and all of the dlc is completely skippable unless you love dem cheevos.

I'll differ from everyone else and say if you're going to skip 1, skip 2 also and read up on both (watch the endings on youtube if you can - seeing the endings really makes a difference in the coherence of the story). then start with AC:B. otherwise just man up and wade through the lame that is AC1 (which came with some PS3 copies of AC:R for free) and do the whole series.

I don't mind the story in the games, I'd start at the beginning.

They're all good enough to warrant playing, and the story is worth following all the way through.

If for no other reason then do it because you won't be able to go back and play the earlier ones after revelations, the improvements will have spoiled you.

I must admit I did giggle a bit at ezio being "one of the greatest characters ever in video game history". The games are fun, but they're not exactly masterworks on the character development front.

If you must skip, follow Pete's advice. At least watch the cinematics.

And screw it, just go with CAG answer to everything. If it's cheap and you're partially interested just buy it. Buy it and get to it eventually!

Brotherhood has the most refined mechanics, and 2 the best campaign/story. Revelations is good, but not great, and is severely underdeveloped from a story perspective. It did not earn its subtitle.

Called Amazon about the missing game code and headset, and they agreed to credit me $20 in promo credit. Fine by me, I suppose, as I wasn't super interested in Carnival Games anyways.

[quote name='gospelman']Honestly, I'll differ from the other opinions here and say just start with Revelations. I'm 75% through revelations and have played the earlier three. I consider the story and characters to be pretty weak. It's a good game and the core gameplay is fun. But the gameplay and missions are very, very similar to previous games - just tweaked to be a little bit better.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Start from the beginning. The first was by far the best IMO. The 2nd was a good successor, but after that the series started going downhill fast. Revelations has really failed as a sequel. It's just not that great. Yeah, there are a couple of new moves and all, but it just becomes too much. There's just so much shit you can do.

Should you go for a quiet assassination? Maybe a jump from a roof? Or WAIT! You could assassinate from a rope. Wait a minute, do the little hook grab move and knock the person off the roof! They're just complicating a game and adding way too many gimmicks to it. The defense mini-games are quite boring as well.

On the other hand, I thought the first one was shit but that the story MUST begin there. Just play the first one through and avoid doing anything extraneous - you'll finish the game in about 8 hours. ACII is one of my favorite games of all-time, easily, because of the story and the vastly-expanded gameplay. I'm in the middle of Brotherhood right now and it is just way too much of the same from II, however. Same type of areas, same mechanics, same economy stuff, but with like two additional layers to every mechanic introduced in II, which makes the game just too damn dense and long.

[quote name='supershammy']On the other hand, I thought the first one was shit but that the story MUST begin there. Just play the first one through and avoid doing anything extraneous - you'll finish the game in about 8 hours. ACII is one of my favorite games of all-time, easily, because of the story and the vastly-expanded gameplay. I'm in the middle of Brotherhood right now and it is just way too much of the same from II, however. Same type of areas, same mechanics, same economy stuff, but with like two additional layers to every mechanic introduced in II, which makes the game just too damn dense and long.[/QUOTE]

Hah. Wait until Revelations then. The mechanics are just like in Brotherhood, except with two more layers added onto them. Ubisoft is trying to complicate a game that got popular with a simple control scheme and a great story...

Coming from a love of the Prince of Persia games on the PS2, I really liked the first Assassins Creed eventhough it had somewhat uneven controls and in spots was pretty difficult to me. You had to plan the assassinations better and the escape routes...and if you didnt the people chasing after you were pretty relentless.

When I played AC2 I was surprised how easy it was as you really didnt have to plan anything the assassinations all could be done just finding them and stabbing them. I never even worried about having to escape as you just had to get outside that circle area and that was it. The map scenery was much better and I really enjoyed everything about it so much that it was my first Plat on my PS3.

Brotherhood looks and plays alot like AC2 with the hidden tomb locations with Prince of Persia like gameplay. I didnt really care for the MP online added myself but I know alot of others did. Something wasnt quite right though and I started sensing the game going towards online type play within the single player. Again, great for others but I wasnt into it. I did enjoy it for the most part but mainly for its similarities to AC2 not for anything new.

Then I rented Revelations and my senses were right. I just didnt care for where they took the gameplay as it wasnt what I played Assassins Creed for. I really disliked the defense parts...RTS not my thing. I've heard people love the online though. I think I am done with this series.

Maybe I should go back and play the first one again and torture myself. ;)

I do miss the thoughtfulness you had to bring to the table in the first one. Assassinations in later games tend to be too structured, too spelled out and pre-planned for you. Setpieces can be cool, but the satisfaction of planning, executing, and escaping was greater in the first game.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I do miss the thoughtfulness you had to bring to the table in the first one. Assassinations in later games tend to be too structured, too spelled out and pre-planned for you. Setpieces can be cool, but the satisfaction of planning, executing, and escaping was greater in the first game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah agree about the assassination missions, it would have been so much better if it weren't for those annoying intel gathering sidequests. The assassinations themselves were amazing and lended a feel as an actual stealth game. Subsequent games just felt like action games where your an away sometimes.

I also liked the movement and presentation in AC1 more, it felt more visceral, in 2 and Brotherhood it all looked and felt so "shiny", dunno how to explain.

I'm actually starting the last mission of Revelations right now. It is a bit bloated with side missions and extra mini games, but nothing is really required so just having the option to screw around away from the main story is nice. I welcome pretty much every change each game has added with the exception of the assassinations becoming pre-planned as others have said. In the first game you had some choice about how to go about things, which is probably its only advantage over the other games.

I recommend starting from the beginning. The first one is outclassed by the second, but it's not a bad game and knowing the story from the beginning helps.

I kinda made my mind up after that one person responded, folks. But uh, I guess I'll put the orginal in the 360 at least once or twice to get a feel for it. If I can't stand it, I'll just jump into the 2nd. Thanks everywhere.

Oh, and I just received my "Acceptable" Blue Dragon... which is has either been resealed very, very well, or brand spanking new. PoP, labeled "Good" was sealed too. It's been a good couple of days of pickups for me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Modern Warfare 3 PS3 Like New 29.99[/QUOTE]Trades back in for $31.05, so you could actually get paid $1.06 to rent it. :lol: I bought a copy in the same condition and for the same price, got every campaign trophy, and was able to trade it back for ~$35.

Anyone have any insight on the resistance 2 collectors edition? Should I choose the like new or good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back