Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

PLAYSTATION VITA LINKS:
(Check here frequently for Playstation Vita's. Please, everyone stop posting how they are in stock every five minutes. The links are located here, so when someone wants to check, they can. Feel free to continue posting about Vita games and accessories that come in stock.)

Wifi Vita
3G/Wifi Vita
FEB Vita

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']so many vitas up as Used - Good for around $100 off. with "costmetic imperfections" and "marks on disc"

wtf?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._used?ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&condition=used[/QUOTE]HNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH

Something's telling me not to bite, but will a deal like this appear down the road for any bundles Sony might announce at E3? Even if the 8GB memory card is missing, you could get a partial refund to make the cost of the Vita ~$150; then again, there's the risk of the system itself being in less-than-excellent condition...So I repeat:

HNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH

[quote name='Vigilante']HNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH

Something's telling me not to bite, but will a deal like this appear down the road for any bundles Sony might announce at E3? Even if the 8GB memory card is missing, you could get a partial refund to make the cost of the Vita ~$150; then again, there's the risk of the system itself being in less-than-excellent condition...So I repeat:

HNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH[/QUOTE]

In Japan, Microsoft is using this new slogan:

Xbox 360: At least we sold more than the Vita. :lol:

What exactly does "Item may come repackaged" mean on a PS3 game that's "Very Good"
Ugh I don't want to get a game in a generic case!!

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Silent Hill HD Collection PS3 $27.66 VG - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...08-20&ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&condition=used
[/QUOTE]
Do you guys know if I can return the game to AWD for full refund? I know I could return it "if" i hadn't opened it. However I bought a -VG- condition game yet when I received it, the manual had some water damage on the top, wouldn't really consider that "VG".

Man I'm still upset with the HD Collection. Finally had a chance to play it and SH2 isn't that terrible but they really screwed with SH3, the framerate is really clunky with that game.

I wonder how soon Amazon gets sick of selling Vita returns in the warehouse deals and just delists it.

I had no idea the Vita was selling this poorly:

Sales of Sony’s PlayStation Vita portable gaming console have reached a new low last week, at 8,931 units, dropping for the first time under 10,000.

PlayStation Portable, Sony’s previous portable console continues to do better than the Vita, with 14,804 units sold last week.

Nintendo 3DS, the leader of the market sold 72,115 units in the same period. In the previous week, Vita sold 12,100 units, while 3DS hit 121,921 units sold.

Vita’s low performance in Japan matches the situation on the U.S. market where analysts say that the console is performing below expectations.

“We believe the PS Vita is unlikely to match its February unit sales figure in the near future as the buzz caused by its release dies down, and TV commercials become more infrequent,” said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Morgan.

[quote name='confoosious']“We believe the PS Vita is unlikely to match its February unit sales figure in the near future as the buzz caused by its release dies down, and TV commercials become more infrequent,” said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Morgan.[/QUOTE]

No shit. :roll:

Hardware sales almost always decline after launch month and don't recover until either a Holiday season, price drop, or highly anticipated games are released. This guy's predictions are so lame sometimes... Way to state the obvious. :lol:

But really, did anyone think the Vita was going to sell like hotcakes at that price with all those expensive cards + games? Just us diehards were the only ones that were going to purchase within the first 6 months anyway.

VITA CONDITION POST ALERT! Please ignore if you're not interested.

For what its worth, I got my "like new" $187 vita from AWD last night and it has a HUGE divot in the middle of the screen. Its like someone stabbed it with a knitting needle or something. Like new, my ass. Its going right back. It even has an "inspected by warehouse" sticker on the box. Inspector Clouseau, perhaps?

I'm not sure why that was worth the giant font, or saying it's an alert. It really sucks that happened to you, but if you got it through AWD they will make it right. That in no way reflects the condition of Like New vitas. You just got unlucky.

[quote name='pdjones']I'm not sure why that was worth the giant font, or saying it's an alert. It really sucks that happened to you, but if you got it through AWD they will make it right. That in no way reflects the condition of Like New vitas. You just got unlucky.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to be a jerk with the giant font. There just seem to be a handful of people here that don't want to hear about such things, so I thought it might be helpful if my post was clearly labeled for them.

Yeah, they gave me an instant refund, so I guess its all good now. Just decided to spend the extra $60 for a brand new one so that I don't have to play the vita condition lottery again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']I wonder how soon Amazon gets sick of selling Vita returns in the warehouse deals and just delists it.

Sales of Sony’s PlayStation Vita portable gaming console have reached a new low last week, at 8,931 units, dropping for the first time under 10,000.

PlayStation Portable, Sony’s previous portable console continues to do better than the Vita, with 14,804 units sold last week.

Nintendo 3DS, the leader of the market sold 72,115 units in the same period. In the previous week, Vita sold 12,100 units, while 3DS hit 121,921 units sold.

Vita’s low performance in Japan matches the situation on the U.S. market where analysts say that the console is performing below expectations.

“We believe the PS Vita is unlikely to match its February unit sales figure in the near future as the buzz caused by its release dies down, and TV commercials become more infrequent,” said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Morgan.
[/QUOTE]

well maybe if they HAD GAMES COMING OUT FOR IT ... that is why there are no sales

[quote name='mitchweaver1']VITA CONDITION POST ALERT! Please ignore if you're not interested.

For what its worth, I got my "like new" $187 vita from AWD last night and it has a HUGE divot in the middle of the screen. Its like someone stabbed it with a knitting needle or something. Like new, my ass. Its going right back. It even has an "inspected by warehouse" sticker on the box. Inspector Clouseau, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

LOL someone took that ninja game touch screen a little too real

[quote name='confoosious']I wonder how soon Amazon gets sick of selling Vita returns in the warehouse deals and just delists it.

[/QUOTE]

I think amazon is proof that the Vita are too pricey. The used sub $200 Vitas are selling like crazy. while anything over $200 has a hard time selling.

The Vita is a expensive investment, I bought mine used for $170, add a memory card and a couple of games and it's already close to $300.
Parents who buys games for their kids rather pay less and buy the family oriented 3DS.

Look at how poorly the 3DS was selling before the price drop. I think it only sold about 4,000 unit the month before the price drop.

I love my PS Vita but I wished it didn't cost me so much money. Handhelds shouldn't cost more than consoles.
I wonder if the low sales will force sony to reconsider their stance on the no price drop thing. It worked for the 3DS.

[quote name='RoMee']I think amazon is proof that the Vita are too pricey. The used sub $200 Vitas are selling like crazy. while anything over $200 has a hard time selling.

The Vita is a expensive investment, I bought mine used for $170, add a memory card and a couple of games and it's already close to $300.
Parents who buys games for their kids rather pay less and buy the family oriented 3DS.

Look at how poorly the 3DS was selling before the price drop. I think it only sold about 4,000 unit the month before the price drop.

I love my PS Vita but I wished it didn't cost me so much money. Handhelds shouldn't cost more than consoles.
I wonder if the low sales will force sony to reconsider their stance on the no price drop thing. It worked for the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

what's interesting is that the vita is priced at a point where sony is actually making a profit on every unit sold. in the past, most other consoles were sold for a loss when they initially debuted (until production costs got lower further down the line) and tried to make up for the losses via software sales. so there is definitely room for sony to drop the price of the vita, and if they did so they'd probably be selling like hotcakes (like you said, sub-$200 would be the sweet spot).

Suggestion:
Back to topic guys.....the complainers won't be far behind me. In fact, I'm Going to make a Vita complaints and praises, and.price drop rant thread so people have somewhere to go

HERE:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9546925#post9546925

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']what's interesting is that the vita is priced at a point where sony is actually making a profit on every unit sold. in the past, most other consoles were sold for a loss when they initially debuted (until production costs got lower further down the line) and tried to make up for the losses via software sales. so there is definitely room for sony to drop the price of the vita, and if they did so they'd probably be selling like hotcakes (like you said, sub-$200 would be the sweet spot).[/QUOTE]

Well the bread and butter should be the software. if they lower the price by say 50$ which would put the vita in a lot more people's buy point they will sell more software and accessories. Sure they would take a loss on hardware sales but more than make up their losses.

Why are people still trying to bite on these used Vita deals? Wait a few months and you'll find it brand new for $150 at the most. Probably a new color or updated version as well. The sales are 10x worse than 3DS and 3DS price dropped. Vita has no choice to.

sony should have learned their lesson like how nintendo learned their lesson with the 3DS. Once the 3DS dropped it's price it sold a lot more systems. But i doubt sony will do the same thing with the vita and drop the price around the holidays.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Why are people still trying to bite on these used Vita deals? Wait a few months and you'll find it brand new for $150 at the most. Probably a new color or updated version as well. The sales are 10x worse than 3DS and 3DS price dropped. Vita has no choice to.[/QUOTE]
You, sir, greatly overestimate the pricing policy, and.underestimated the arrogance, of Sony. :p

I LIKE Sony, and a lot of their products, and have a lot of their products, and whoever prices their stuff doesn't care. I pay the extra because in my experience they do offer a higher than standard level of quality in a lit of things, and I want to reward the quality I get from the companies that give it. Kinda like BMW(at least in the past), overpriced, but worth it.

If they do, awesome, but I won't expect it

[quote name='6er']You, sir, greatly overestimate the pricing policy, and.underestimated the arrogance, of Sony. :p

I LIKE Sony, and a lot of their products, and have a lot of their products, and whoever prices their stuff doesn't care. I pay the extra because in my experience they do offer a higher than standard level of quality in a lit of things, and I want to reward the quality I get from the companies that give it. Kinda like BMW(at least in the past), overpriced, but worth it.

If they do, awesome, but I won't expect it[/QUOTE]
You mistake arrogance for sheer stupidity.

Got my "good" PS3 that was $162.xx

It's clearly been opened but otherwise everything looks brand new. It's a cech 3001a manufactured January 2012 so pretty happy with that.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Why are people still trying to bite on these used Vita deals? Wait a few months and you'll find it brand new for $150 at the most. Probably a new color or updated version as well. The sales are 10x worse than 3DS and 3DS price dropped. Vita has no choice to.[/QUOTE]

Well my vita was not used at all. So for $175 I get to play it now and not wait for the drop.

If the price drops I doubt it will go lower than $175 so its a no brainer for jump in and enjoy the system now..

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']You mistake arrogance for sheer stupidity.[/QUOTE]

I didn't, but was trying to be nice.

Why would Sony debut the Vita at $199 if there are people who are willing to pay $250 for it (even if just a few)? People who are willing to pay $199 for it will buy it when they lower the price. There isn't a lot of games right now anyways, so Sony probably doesn't see a need to push their Vitas.
That's like selling stuff on ebay or craigslist. If you're not in a hurry to get rid of your stuff (clearance), then just post it for a higher price. Wait a few weeks, if nobody bites, then lower it slowly.

I doubt you will find a brand new vita for $150 in a few months... It cost Sony about $159 to make the vita 3G, and that does not include distribution, R&D, marketing, etc.

You will say, well Nintendo was able to make a drastic price cut 5 months after the 3DS launched. Nintendo was able to do it because the Nintendo 3DS only cost $101 to make and they were charging $250 for it.

[quote name='kjs7']is that bodycount game worth playing? Loved Black, but the footage wasn't terribly impressive.[/QUOTE]

I'm going with a no on this one fo sho

My first Vita order Amazon cancelled it but I just so happened to find back the Vita and placed my order ($187) and just received my shipping notice and getting it on Monday. Hopefully everything checks out because the 3G model was on sale last night but I didn't bite.

[quote name='TheNeck']sony should have learned their lesson like how nintendo learned their lesson with the 3DS. Once the 3DS dropped it's price it sold a lot more systems. But i doubt sony will do the same thing with the vita and drop the price around the holidays.[/QUOTE]

The 3DS started getting its system mover games soon after which is what really helped the 3DS become one of the fastest selling systems of all time. I own a Vita and while the release was pretty good there has been no good games out since other than many the free Motorstorm RC.

Personally I think the Vita price point is good as it has a lot more hardware compared to the 3DS. What they need to do is fix the memory card price and start bundling them and get some system mover games for it and you will see sales jump. I wouldn't expect a price drop.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Why would Sony debut the Vita at $199 if there are people who are willing to pay $250 for it (even if just a few)? People who are willing to pay $199 for it will buy it when they lower the price. There isn't a lot of games right now anyways, so Sony probably doesn't see a need to push their Vitas.
That's like selling stuff on ebay or craigslist. If you're not in a hurry to get rid of your stuff (clearance), then just post it for a higher price. Wait a few weeks, if nobody bites, then lower it slowly.[/QUOTE]

Because a large segment of their market are people who buy one handheld (usually for their kids) and those people will be inclined to pick up a 3DS because it's cheaper. When the price drops on the Vita it will already be too late since their kid already has a handheld with a bunch of games.

[quote name='Mixer236']No shit. :roll:

Hardware sales almost always decline after launch month and don't recover until either a Holiday season, price drop, or highly anticipated games are released. This guy's predictions are so lame sometimes... Way to state the obvious. :lol:

But really, did anyone think the Vita was going to sell like hotcakes at that price with all those expensive cards + games? Just us diehards were the only ones that were going to purchase within the first 6 months anyway.[/QUOTE]

The obvious yet the 3ds sold 10 times what the vita did way past launch or holidays in the same time period.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Why would Sony debut the Vita at $199 if there are people who are willing to pay $250 for it (even if just a few)? People who are willing to pay $199 for it will buy it when they lower the price. There isn't a lot of games right now anyways, so Sony probably doesn't see a need to push their Vitas.
That's like selling stuff on ebay or craigslist. If you're not in a hurry to get rid of your stuff (clearance), then just post it for a higher price. Wait a few weeks, if nobody bites, then lower it slowly.[/QUOTE]

$199 would've been a good price because you debuted a handheld to sell for as much as your proven flagship console that has a giant library and bluray capability among others. I kept seeing the vita in ads juxtaposed next to a ps3 for the same price. Couldn't justify the gamble when I could get another ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back