Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

PLAYSTATION VITA LINKS:
(Check here frequently for Playstation Vita's. Please, everyone stop posting how they are in stock every five minutes. The links are located here, so when someone wants to check, they can. Feel free to continue posting about Vita games and accessories that come in stock.)

Wifi Vita
3G/Wifi Vita
FEB Vita

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Well, this is new. Did anybody else get an e-mail like this?

Just curious if other states require something similar.[/QUOTE]

I once heard they were considering doing something like this in Florida. luckily it never went through.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Well, this is new. Did anybody else get an e-mail like this?

Just curious if other states require something similar.[/QUOTE]
For those customers purchasing from Amazon.com LLC, Amazon Digital Services, Inc. or Warehouse Deals, Inc. and shipping to Colorado, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, or Vermont:
We do not collect sales or use taxes in all states. For states imposing sales or use taxes, your purchase is subject to use tax unless it is specifically exempt from taxation. Your purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means. Many states require purchasers to file a sales/use tax return at the end of the year reporting all of the taxable purchases that were not taxed and to pay tax on those purchases. Details of how to file these returns may be found at the websites of your respective taxing authorities.
Colorado:
Colorado HB 1193, enacted in February 2010, required online retailers to provide a detailed purchase report to customers with more than $500 of annual Colorado purchases by January 31st and to provide a summary purchase report with the total amount of each customer's annual Colorado purchases to the Colorado Department of Revenue by March 31st. This law is currently the subject of a legal challenge brought by the Direct Marketing Association and others. In the meantime, the U.S. District Court has suspended enactment of the law while the legal challenge proceeds.
Oklahoma:
For Oklahoma purchasers, the tax may be reported and paid on the Oklahoma individual income tax return [Form 511] or by filing a consumer use tax return [Form 21-1]. The referenced forms and corresponding instructions are available on the Oklahoma Tax Commission website, www.tax.ok.gov. We are required to provide the notice above for Oklahoma purchases based on Oklahoma law (HB 2359) enacted in June 2010.
South Carolina:
Please be aware that you may owe South Carolina Use Tax on your purchases. You may visit www.sctax.org to pay the use tax or you may report and pay the tax on your South Carolina Income Tax Form. We're required to provide this notice based on South Carolina law Section 12-36-2691(E)(1).
South Dakota:
For South Dakota purchasers, the tax may be reported and paid on the South Dakota use tax form. The use tax form and corresponding instructions are available on the South Dakota Department of Revenue website. We are required to provide the notice above for South Dakota purchases based on South Dakota law (SB 146) enacted in April 2011.
Tennessee
Please be aware that purchases shipped to Tennessee may be subject to Tennessee Use Tax (T.C.A. § 67-6-210) unless an exemption exists under Tennessee law. A sale is not exempt under Tennessee law because it is made through the Internet. Payments of applicable Tennessee use tax may be made through the Tennessee Department of Revenue's Website at https://apps.tn.gov/usetax.
Vermont:
For Vermont purchasers, the tax may be reported and paid on the Vermont use tax form. The use tax form and corresponding instructions are available on the Vermont department of taxes website. We are required to provide the notice above for Vermont purchases based on Vermont law (H 436) enacted in May 2011.
Colorado, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Vermont.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_tax
Looks like amazon will straight up charge tax in Virginia and Pennsylvania starting 9/1/2012.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204138204576598883358407422.html
California by January 2013.

[quote name='htz']
For those customers purchasing from Amazon.com LLC, Amazon Digital Services, Inc. or Warehouse Deals, Inc. and shipping to Colorado, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, or Vermont:
We do not collect sales or use taxes in all states. For states imposing sales or use taxes, your purchase is subject to use tax unless it is specifically exempt from taxation. Your purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means. Many states require purchasers to file a sales/use tax return at the end of the year reporting all of the taxable purchases that were not taxed and to pay tax on those purchases. Details of how to file these returns may be found at the websites of your respective taxing authorities.
Colorado:
Colorado HB 1193, enacted in February 2010, required online retailers to provide a detailed purchase report to customers with more than $500 of annual Colorado purchases by January 31st and to provide a summary purchase report with the total amount of each customer's annual Colorado purchases to the Colorado Department of Revenue by March 31st. This law is currently the subject of a legal challenge brought by the Direct Marketing Association and others. In the meantime, the U.S. District Court has suspended enactment of the law while the legal challenge proceeds.
Oklahoma:
For Oklahoma purchasers, the tax may be reported and paid on the Oklahoma individual income tax return [Form 511] or by filing a consumer use tax return [Form 21-1]. The referenced forms and corresponding instructions are available on the Oklahoma Tax Commission website, www.tax.ok.gov. We are required to provide the notice above for Oklahoma purchases based on Oklahoma law (HB 2359) enacted in June 2010.
South Carolina:
Please be aware that you may owe South Carolina Use Tax on your purchases. You may visit www.sctax.org to pay the use tax or you may report and pay the tax on your South Carolina Income Tax Form. We're required to provide this notice based on South Carolina law Section 12-36-2691(E)(1).
South Dakota:
For South Dakota purchasers, the tax may be reported and paid on the South Dakota use tax form. The use tax form and corresponding instructions are available on the South Dakota Department of Revenue website. We are required to provide the notice above for South Dakota purchases based on South Dakota law (SB 146) enacted in April 2011.
Tennessee
Please be aware that purchases shipped to Tennessee may be subject to Tennessee Use Tax (T.C.A. § 67-6-210) unless an exemption exists under Tennessee law. A sale is not exempt under Tennessee law because it is made through the Internet. Payments of applicable Tennessee use tax may be made through the Tennessee Department of Revenue's Website at https://apps.tn.gov/usetax.
Vermont:
For Vermont purchasers, the tax may be reported and paid on the Vermont use tax form. The use tax form and corresponding instructions are available on the Vermont department of taxes website. We are required to provide the notice above for Vermont purchases based on Vermont law (H 436) enacted in May 2011.

Looks like amazon will straight up charge tax in Virginia and Pennsylvania starting 9/1/2012.[/QUOTE]

When I filed my CA state tax form (using TurboTax) I selected the "estimated internet sales tax" option. It took some average estimate that didn't even ask me to itemize my purchases. It was something like a $50 net reduction against my state income tax return.

I easily spent hundreds of dollars in tax savings from Amazon. For me, it was enough that I at least reported it. Point being is the tax reporting to your state about internet purchases isn't as bad as some people are afraid of it being is.

[quote name='htz']
Colorado:
Oklahoma:
South Carolina:
South Dakota:
Tennessee
Vermont:

Looks like amazon will straight up charge tax in Virginia and Pennsylvania starting 9/1/2012.
California by January 2013.[/QUOTE]Whoa, dodged a bullet there, though being sandwiched between VA and PA isn't very comforting... :whistle2:#

[quote name='eXiON']I really wouldn't compare it to Gears, but hell yes it is, probably my favorite obscure game this year. As for MP.... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Binary+Domain+multiplayer[/QUOTE]
The single player for Binary Domain is good. The trust system in the game does matter (don't know why some reviews say it is pointless), it effects the ending and some certain scenes in the game including trophy/achievement completion. The story gets really good near the end ;). It's nice shooting robots instead of soldiers/zombies for a change even though some of them are like bullet sponges. I love that french speaking robot that joins your squad mid-way into the game. I'm probably missing some stuff but you could experience that yourself. :cool: Oh yeah... This game has really fast loading screens lol.

As for the multiplayer...

• It's a lag fest since you only see Japanese players hosting games.
  • The maps are taken from the single player and they are exactly the same.
  • The maps are not built really well, some maps you just camp in your spawn for auto-win(underground subway map), lay claymores near the escalators, and wait for the attackers to funnel up(its the only way into the opposing teams base if they decide to camp).
  • Sometimes the multiplayer is lagging so badly, it glitches up to the point where nobody can take damage.
I did play a good amount of the multiplayer though since it was funny seeing myself die, then on the killcam 5 seconds later my kill registered, and the Japanese player that killed me drops dead. I think I got kicked a good amount cause the Japanese players probably think I'm lag switching.

This makes me really mad. One of the main reasons I buy from amazon is because Tennessee sales tax is so high. If I buy anything locally the tax is almost 10%.

Amazon has been avoiding the sales tax thing for awhile. I know in CT they pulled out support from the state once CT went after them trying to collect taxes from internet purchases. I've never heard of them "keeping track" for CT sales purchases but I'm sure it will happen eventually.

My state taxes keep going up every year (property, state income and some states don't even have state income tax) while they keep proposing to spend more. Government is evil I swear.

[quote name='xenozfan2']This makes me really mad. One of the main reasons I buy from amazon is because Tennessee sales tax is so high. If I buy anything locally the tax is almost 10%.[/QUOTE]

Move bro

[quote name='chunlirocks']Move bro[/QUOTE]

Lawl'z.

Usually you drop 'chips n discs' comments. But this one made me lolz. You are forgiven.

SZIEQXg8HgzD7Hb73d1dv983Go3gz2+BQICiKJIkIYQ4jrtcrvv7e5vNZrFYbm9vZVm+ubkB8DeCIHAc93q9brcbwzCHw2G1Ws1ms8lkMhqNnU7HYDD8BT0BUUKNL1XOAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
SZIEQXg8HgzD7Hb73d1dv983Go3gz2+BQICiKJIkIYQ4jrtcrvv7e5vNZrFYbm9vZVm+ubkB8DeCIHAc93q9brcbwzCHw2G1Ws1ms8lkMhqNnU7HYDD8BT0BUUKNL1XOAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
:ps3: Madden NFL 12 - Like New 13.91

[quote name='Vigilante']Whoa, dodged a bullet there, though being sandwiched between VA and PA isn't very comforting... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

The fucking commonwealth screws us again. I love how in VA you can own a car outright, paid in full. But you have to pay a tax to the state since you live here. Its absolute bullshit...

[quote name='joshnorm']The fucking commonwealth screws us again. I love how in VA you can own a car outright, paid in full. But you have to pay a tax to the state since you live here. Its absolute bullshit...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, logic is the taxes is for the use of the state roads, as all states use.

Also in NoVa.

[quote name='htz']
Colorado:
Oklahoma:
South Carolina:
South Dakota:
Tennessee
Vermont:

California by January 2013.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Wait, will they charge tax if giftcard credit is used?

I'm in TN.. so I'm forced to pay taxes on previous purchases now? I thought that wasn't in effect until '13? I just dropped around 3K on Amazon products over the past few months.....

:drool:

Wow, I didn't read that e-mail all the way through and thought it was just for documenting purposes. So now people in these states have to pay sales tax equal to our year's total to the state? That's fucking bullshit. I spend more than $1000 on Amazon every year for school books, cheap games and the like, which means at the end of the year I'll owe at least $100 because of Tennessee's already-outrageous sales tax. I can't believe this.

So, hypothetically speaking, what's enforcing this? Does Amazon send the state a document detailing all our purchases from them? Because right now it seems like they expect the customer to do it themselves, but obviously, there are going to be quite a few who aren't going to take the initiative on this (especially if they don't get the memo).

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wow, I didn't read that e-mail all the way through and thought it was just for documenting purposes. So now people in these states have to pay sales tax equal to our year's total to the state? That's fucking bullshit. I spend more than $1000 on Amazon every year for school books, cheap games and the like, which means at the end of the year I'll owe at least $100 because of Tennessee's already-outrageous sales tax. I can't believe this.

So, hypothetically speaking, what's enforcing this? Does Amazon send the state a document detailing all our purchases from them? Because right now it seems like they expect the customer to do it themselves, but obviously, there are going to be quite a few who aren't going to take the initiative on this (especially if they don't get the memo).[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. Amazon won't start charging tax until 2014. Tennessee is passing the law so its the government to blame.

Anyone receive their Madden 12 for PS3?

Did it include the DLC?
If you update the game through PSN will it update the rosters?

I don't care about playing online, i just want the new rosters.

I believe you're technically supposed to pay "use tax" in every state. Most people just don't know, or "forget."

Makes it weird in places like TX where we don't file state returns.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I believe you're technically supposed to pay "use tax" in every state. Most people just don't know, or "forget."

Makes it weird in places like TX where we don't file state returns.[/QUOTE]

That's right, at least for TN. Amazon just agreed to send that e-mail as a reminder to folks to pay their use taxes. Doesn't sound like they're going to report anyone (yet). My question is, after Amazon starts collecting sales tax, will we still ALSO be expected to pay use tax?

[quote name='cheeky']That's right, at least for TN. Amazon just agreed to send that e-mail as a reminder to folks to pay their use taxes. Doesn't sound like they're going to report anyone (yet). My question is, after Amazon starts collecting sales tax, will we still ALSO be expected to pay use tax?[/QUOTE]

Lol no.

Edit: Only way that'd happen is if Amazon collects 6%, but your actual tax rate is higher, then you pay the use tax for the difference.

[quote name='cheeky']That's right, at least for TN. Amazon just agreed to send that e-mail as a reminder to folks to pay their use taxes. Doesn't sound like they're going to report anyone (yet). My question is, after Amazon starts collecting sales tax, will we still ALSO be expected to pay use tax?[/QUOTE]

They will not make you pay tax twice. Use tax is only on items you haven't already paid tax on.

Yes you should pay use tax. One thing to worry about and what states would/are fight for is purchase records of folks in their state that they could cross check with use tax on state tax reports. That's a scary situation for some.

[quote name='Zimmy']Anyone receive their Madden 12 for PS3?

Did it include the DLC?

I don't care about playing online, i just want the new rosters.[/QUOTE]

Getting used games from Amazon Warehouse doesn't guarantee DLC/Online Pass. Some may get it, some may not.

In order to get rosters on PSN you need that online pass. If you don't have a code to use, they offer a 2 day trial (that's all the time you need anyway since there will be no more updates cause the season is over). Just use that and update your rosters.

Did it include the DLC?

Just got my copy today. Forget to check before I headed to class. I can check later once I get home.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wow, I didn't read that e-mail all the way through and thought it was just for documenting purposes. So now people in these states have to pay sales tax equal to our year's total to the state? That's fucking bullshit. I spend more than $1000 on Amazon every year for school books, cheap games and the like, which means at the end of the year I'll owe at least $100 because of Tennessee's already-outrageous sales tax. I can't believe this.

So, hypothetically speaking, what's enforcing this? Does Amazon send the state a document detailing all our purchases from them? Because right now it seems like they expect the customer to do it themselves, but obviously, there are going to be quite a few who aren't going to take the initiative on this (especially if they don't get the memo).[/QUOTE]
Wow, you pay 10% sales tax in TN? Thats crazy. And now they pass this law? Funny because I work for a financial institution and I remember TN charges more than most states (like 5X) for a securities license. Each state charges you to sell securities to people that live in their state. They must not have much of a revenue stream from businesses and need all the money they can get!

[quote name='plus1zero']This has to be the most derailed thread of all time.[/QUOTE]

It has been for weeks honestly....

Alabama is trying to implement a online sales tax. The whole state is hemorrhaging money for some time now. The county I live in Jefferson is fixing to default on over $1 billion dollars worth of loans. Pretty much a clusterf@@k. Even though I've been buying online to avoid the sales tax, I can understand from the states point of view where there are lost revenue dollars.

Dealwise--

Street Fighter X Tekken (XBOX 360) from Good to LN $43.34--$50.01

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...rchant&qid=1335380249&sr=1-120&condition=used

[quote name='wrencrest']Wow, you pay 10% sales tax in TN? Thats crazy. And now they pass this law? Funny because I work for a financial institution and I remember TN charges more than most states (like 5X) for a securities license. Each state charges you to sell securities to people that live in their state. They must not have much of a revenue stream from businesses and need all the money they can get![/QUOTE]

Yep. And the only reason I buy my used games at gamestop is because with the 10% off I don't pay sales tax. Even the pawn shops charge it so amazon is my last hope for cheap games. Oh and Resident Evil ORC:SE $47.81 very good

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil...7EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&qid=1335380534&sr=1-116

Did it include the DLC?

I placed my order 4 days ago and it still says "Shipping Soon" from my experience, the code is used almost all the time but they give you a chance to check out the full features before they tell u to pay (assuming you haven't had one for that game already).

[quote name='DCpinoy']Just got my copy today. Forget to check before I headed to class. I can check later once I get home.[/QUOTE]

yeah just a follow up, i didn't get an online pass with my copy of Madden 12. but it's okay, i understand that with AWD we shouldn't expect one.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Don't buy it. They'll send you a big box with a single retail copy of Killzone 3 like they did earlier with LBP2, lol.[/QUOTE]

lol

I actually bought one of these Helghast collector's editions in "Acceptable" condition and it included everything. The box was the only thing damaged; everything else was either new or in like new condition. :)

[quote name='wrencrest']Wow, you pay 10% sales tax in TN? Thats crazy. And now they pass this law? Funny because I work for a financial institution and I remember TN charges more than most states (like 5X) for a securities license. Each state charges you to sell securities to people that live in their state. They must not have much of a revenue stream from businesses and need all the money they can get![/QUOTE]

There is no state income tax in Tennessee...

[quote name='KillerSmokey24']I'm in the same boat as you. Amazon won't start charging tax until 2014. Tennessee is passing the law so its the government to blame.[/QUOTE]

I am not even from your damn state and they want me to pay taxes on an item I bought. I have no clue if I should pay it. I bought an item and had it shipped directly from Amazon to someone in the state.

My figuring is that if Tennessee wants money from me they can come to New Jersey and knock on my door. I just hope they have pockets big enough to carry a shitload of pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back